Setting based on Medieval Europe

>setting based on Medieval Europe
>There aren't any black people

Ugh

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/02/use-gender-sensitive-language-lose-marks-hull-university-students-told
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE WUZ plz go and stay go

Fuck off

>people actually wear t-shirts like that in public
literal cringe
Even cringier is how you fell for such an obvious bait thread.

>falseflagging so you can refer to this thread in the future when you need to try and prove a point
Ugh

bait

>GM mentions that there is also a black person in every encounter
ugh

I just might preorder his game.

What IS his game?

Preorder never.
I'll buy it on release tho

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
Witcher 1-3

>based on
Regardless of what was the case in reality, I don't see how a fantasy setting is beholden to that. If we can add dragons and magic, why can't we move some ethnicities around?

Kingdom Come : Deliverance

Exactly! This idea that Medieval Europe was some homogeneous sea of white is dumb and needs to end, starting with our tales and fantasy.

kingdom come; deliverance

Veeky Forums is creaming their panties over this guys but he's actually not that smart. While the core of his argument is solid, there were not any significant amount of black people in central Europe and if there was any they'd be subject of curiosity and/or discrimination, sticking out for it, not just hanging around like a regular townsfolk, he makes a very stupid mistake. He engages these people.

You never engage this people. You just don't. It's an error to assume most people who aren't racists are demanding non-white people to be inserted everywhere. That's a very loud and obnoxious minority. Just like most gay people aren't demanding non-straight protagonist everwhere, just a loud and obnoxious minority of them.

And engaging with a loud obnoxious minority is a mistake from every conceivable point of view. Best case scenario you make them fall in contradiction publicly and discredit 1 of them after hours of work. Worse case scenario, you say things in engaging them that could be taken out of context and be used to damage your company's image, and they don't necessarily reveal your views on the subject.

Also, that wearing that shirt is like acting retarded. I never met a non-racist person who owns a shirt 'ironically' calling themselves racist.

Everytime i see a video with the developer talking about that game I have to put it on mute because the guy is so fucking socially awkward talking I can't bear his constant stuttering.

>That's a very loud and obnoxious minority.

Hasn't dismissing them as a minority led to the current situation on college campuses around the world?

"Dude, just ignore them" is exactly the reason we have professors deducting points from essays that say "dude" or "man" or "he."

To be fair. English is not his language.

But we had black people, they were some kind of slimes hobbling upright.

The existence of magic to create food, shelter and teleport would mean people would travel way more, way further rand with way more frequency e efficiency. So...Yeah, fantasy scenarios with magic should have more ethnically diverse cities than non magic ones.

>Hasn't dismissing them as a minority led to the current situation on college campuses around the world?
This

That's what orcs are for.

Did you not catch that?

Why should we?

I don't like the argument that they aren't a minority because I study in a liberal section of a liberal university in a liberal country (Arts, in western Europe) and I often hang with people from humanities and attend lectures there because I like history and social antropology, and if I ever say a single person who is that hardcore about diversity everyone, that's too many. This might sound like anedoctal evidence and it is but still. If they are a majority they should at least show up in the real world where their type is suppose to be concentrated. yet I only here about them online.

>getting marked down points on an essay for using imprecise language
>doesn't pay attention to the audience of his essay to write something that they will jive with
>fails at writing essays
>passes class anyway because it was English 101 and the professor was making a point
>still misses the point
>blames the LIEBURAL CULTURAL MARXISTS
>wonders why everyone hates them

Isnt that why we have orcs?

>people actually wear t-shirts like that in public
That looks like it's in an office, specifically worn for that photo. He might wear it in public too, but that looks like a publicity photo my dude.

>getting a publicity image of you wearing a cringy meme t-shirt
even cringer my man

That's an insult to orcs.

>deducting points from essays that say "dude" or "man" or "he."
If you're writing a formal essay and using "dude" in it, you should already be docked points for informal language.

They're also docking points for using "Mankind" or "Manpower" or using masculine gender pronouns on a figure like William the Conqueror.

>or using masculine gender pronouns on a figure like William the Conqueror.
jej, sure thing bro

Prove it. I hear that one a lot and never saw verifiable evidence.

>game set in america
>white people still exist

immersion ruined.

A British university was doing it about a week ago, I'd give you the source if I wasn't on this phone (and if the thread is alive by the time I get home, I'll find it for you.)

>.gif

Is that what hell is like?

Publicity isn't exactly private so, it seems like it counts as in public. As it would inside an office.

But that's okay because he's just being ironically racist, right?

Haha I hate niggers!

Just joking guys, ugh. Liberals have no chill haha! That's why the world is shit, its all the liberals-who-cant-take-a-joke fault!

It's "okay" because he's ironically wearing a shirt that has the word "racist" in it, and this picture is intended for an audience of average people who generally have an IQ above 12.

So, not you?

Oh, wait, you're not even talking about the shit are you.
Abort what I said. It's not okay, he happens to use the picture of an individual who happens to be black in a sarcastic tongue-in-cheek manner.

You don't get his point, do you? It's not about grammar o use of proper English, it's that deconstructionalism is cancer. A "good" deconstructionalist can look at your grocery list and somehow divine from it that you want to fuck your mother.

All that shirt is doing is taking the petty labels he's being hit with and owning them. It's a form of mockery towards the people who use those insults.

Desconstructionalism isnt any more cancer than dumbly clinging to status quo just because it is what you know. It's necessary to review and deconstruct concepts, but that doesn't mean every concept need to be torched. Just that its good and necessary to question and pick apart things we take for granted, and then make a judgmentment about them.

No, engaging them has led to the situation we currently have on the internet. Ignoring them worked extremely well for the better part of a decade, even /b/ realized that in, what, 2006?

That's historically accurate, blacks were not considered people until 16th century.

>It's necessary to review and deconstruct concepts
Waste of quints. While it is true reviewing and deconstructing things is inherrently a useful thing, deconstructionalism is post-modernism taken to its logical extreme and therefore cancerous. It's where the "words mean different things from what they actually mean" bullshit comes from, which inspired the bullshit we call micro-agressions, ie. the ideology that states "I don't see color, I see people" is a racist phrase.

>>people actually wear t-shirts like that in public
The man is from Czech Republic, people won't bat an eye at this around here. Partially because most things considered "problematic" by 1st world are integral part of culture, but mostly because majority of the population doesn't understand enough English to see more than "T-shirt with random foreign words" there.

It isn't cringy because it's 'problematic'.

Because Dragons and Magic contribute to the setting while Dindus never contribute to anything except for their own body counts.

Who said we were joking?

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/02/use-gender-sensitive-language-lose-marks-hull-university-students-told

Don't worry anons, I gotcha.

>you lost me.jpg

kek

No, in he'll they just straight up torture you, but just as you're about to go mad or turn the pain into a sexual fetish, they wipe your memories of the pain, but not the actions, and start all over again.

So, endless torture but no madness to escape from it, and no way to turn masochistic about it.

>implying black play board games or rpg

>rpg

This is what happens when we forget the one truth in politics: if the right ideology is not imposed on dissenters via force, then the dissenters will seek to dismantle the culture that promotes it with evil ideologies.

All we need to do is shoot up the SJWs at libtard brainwashing camps like Hull, and we will once again be able to impose Christian morals on society. Not doing so will only allow feminism and other evil ideologies to spread until 'white cis scum' is ripped limb from limb in the streets and sacrificed to Satan's prophet Mohammed by evil mudslimes.

So why aren't you out there, destroying the enemies of your race?

"quints" means five in a row, user.

this!

Nice false flag there.

quit being silly

Believe it or not there was a number of black people who settled in the kingdom of Jerusalem and they did fight to protect it alongside their christian brothers. Not to say they played a big role or anything. As far as I know it was the only place that a Medieval European would have a meaningful chance of seeing a black person.

Yeah, whoever heard of settings without any crime rate and slaves

ITT /pol/tards pretend to fall for obvious bait so that they get to shitpost their opinions.

This thread deserves only death.

I wasn't meaning to imply we should, simply that if it fits a GM's vision of their world and they handle it decently, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Hi /pol/! Didn't know you played these games!

Maybe he actually has a stutter?

>ITT /pol/tards pretend to fall for obvious bait so that they get to shitpost their opinions.
Are you new here? That's been a thing on Veeky Forums for at least a year.

I think user's point was that he doesn't like to listen to the stuttering.

>who were the black irish

nu/pol/ is fucking retarded and bites any bait dangled in front of them.

tfw /mlpol/ didn't last ;_;

>Jerusalem
>Europe

I will say, however, that a lot of objections about homogeneity would be solved by taking inspiration from pretty much anywhere except northwest europe.
I want a fantasy setting based on the medieval oasis city-states of the Tarim Basin, complete with lost desert cities and incongruously ginger mummies. Or the Pacific Northwest in the late 18th century when the american colonists were coming into contact with the indigenous people with cannibal spirits and sea monsters.

Yes, /pol/ does have fun every now and then. With beautiful fair skinned, Eurocentric maidens of ample bosoms and full lips, and goblins and dragons and strong muscular straight cis white male power fantasy comrades, and wizened old sorcerers pale and shriveled from years or Arcane pursuit.

/pol/ does play these games yes he does. Finds it in his cold angry heart to have fun and brighten up he can. Makes /pol/ less angry and more well adjusted it does. It's just that in recent times SOME FUCKING VOCAL ASS COCKSUCKING FAGGOTS DECIDED /POL/ WAS HAVING BADWRONGFUN AND DECIDED IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE EVERYONE TRY AND SHUT DOWN BADWRONGFUN REEEEE REEEEEEEEE ROASTIES GO HOME WHITEKNIGHT GO FUCK YOUR HUSBAND'S BOYFRIEND LEAVE MEEEE ALOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Face it there's more than one reason why we love Shrek so much.

I thought I wasn't autistic.
Then I saw this gif and I'm not so sure anymore.

Hold up, I like the term micro-aggressions. It's a useful term that describes a category of terms that weren't previously covered by existing language. Sure, some of them are straight bullshit, like the "I don't see color" shit, but some of them are pretty accurate, like "Oh, so what are you?" being asked as one of the first questions to a mixed-race person.

no

Incorrect.

Why?

He's right, you know.

>"Oh, so what are you?" being asked as one of the first questions to a mixed-race person.
I am of mixed blood but I look decisively like a Lebanese/Syrian. That questions is usually asked when people discover that I have a very germanic name
If you're offended because of things like this I suggest the rope as definitive treatment

no

yes

I understand there's a category of things that could do with defining, but using the word 'aggression' to define them is a bad idea when they mostly seem to be the product of ignorance or thoughtlessness.
It just perpetuates this idea that anything one finds upsetting is the result of someone else being evil rather than a misunderstanding.

We already have a word for that. Its called being rude. The only reason its called microaggression is to tar people who don't think before they make small talk as racist so someone can be racist, someone can be the victim, and someone else can virtue signal about being sensitive.

Fuck off with your shit.

>Are you new here? That's been a thing on Veeky Forums for at least a year.
Yeah, so it might be about time to start pointing it out.

I'm not offended, because it's a micro-aggression. It literally doesn't matter because the person saying it didn't mean any offense by saying it.

But I appreciate the term nonetheless, because it implies that one's racial makeup is somehow relevant to the job. It's a phrase that should be offensive but somehow isn't, because it's so deeply rooted in the zeitgeist that no one ever actually analyzes it beyond just being a phrase to say.

Fair point.

>That's been a thing on Veeky Forums for at least a year.
On most of the Veeky Forums, really.

Wrong.
You never apologize to them.
If they attack you, you triple the retaliation.
>get called a racist by a shitty journo?
Guess who's getting sued for libel (^:

take your fucking shill posting to /pol/ or /b/. Tired of seeing this shit literately every board I go to.

You wouldn't have kept coming here for 4+ years if you didn't love it you slut.

I mean, sure, most settings are based on Medieval Europe, but it's also fantasy, so you have leeway to include or exclude whatever the fuck you want in it.

Personally, in my settings, races have various different shades of skin color depending mostly on location and lineage, but as long as it's the same species, nobody really gives a fuck. If you're a black human, other humans assume you're from the southern continent, but they really won't give a shit other than some people thinking it's either attractive or ugly as fuck. Skin color is a bit trickier for elves though, since ones of darker shades often get mistaken for drow.

>There aren't any black people

There's also potato being grown as a main crop in my setting, bikini armor and ornate armor are just as effective as your normal practical armor, and people use modern values and frown on loveless marriage even if it's to secure an alliance with another kingdom.

Whatchu gonna do about it, motherfucker? Whine on a Taiwanese picture album board?

Please die.

>Iberia doesn't exist
>the Ottoman Empire doesn't exist

Out of curiosity, how does one visually distinguish a Syrian from, say, a Jew or an Iranian?

>setting based on the sengoku jidai
>no white people
>setting based on pre-age-of-discovery Africa
>no whites

Iranians share some feature with the "indian" peoples that Syrians lack, some of them have Aryan blood too.
Syrians/Lebanese are usually a mixed bunch, but you can get a pretty good idea by looking at sculptures.
Pic related a Syrian local on a (piece of) sarcophagus from Palmyra, with which I share almost all facial features
Jews are really different since they interbred with germanic and other peoples

>But that's okay because he's just being ironically racist, right?

Um, yes. Joking about a thing is not the same as actually promoting that thing.

You seem awfully triggered.

You can have ethnicities around. What you _can't_ have is multiculturalism or ubiquitous cosmopolitanism.

You can totally have a nation of from the Southern Planes with a darker complection, or exotic traders from the East with slanted eyes. You can have members of each of these race as visiting individuals that are not uncommon to see in the larger cities of the setting.
What you can't do is have foreign immigrants on every street-corner of every town or hamlet you see, because the only people to ever travel to those parts of the world are traders and adventurers (I.E. the party) who never stay long unless its somehow relevant to the plot.

You can also have two different ethnicities in the same land, provided there's a good reason why they're distinct. Maybe they hate eachother for some reason everyone's forgotten (as people are wont to do), and that can tie into the setting's metaplot.
What you can't do is have random people of different ethnicities sporadically placed among the setting's people and treat it as if it's no big deal. You can't do that because, if there's literally no social stigma with being black in fantasy Europe, it's unrealistic for there not to have been intermarriage over the years and for all the ethnicities to blend together into one homogenous ethnic soup.

If you want different ethnicities in your setting, it has to be consistent with the setting, otherwise it feels contrived and ruins the immersion.