How many of you idiots try to use D&D to play your Game of Thrones-style low fantasy games focused around intrigue?

How many of you idiots try to use D&D to play your Game of Thrones-style low fantasy games focused around intrigue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=daksqex8zUE&list=PLzzh7AuEBkEnAr1Ic5LKbJbvBq2BzVTGr&index=7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this thread again

I don't know shit about Game of Thrones, senpai.

We used 4e for an Final Fantasy Tactics styled campaign, though.

When you say "D&D", what the fuck do you mean?

Do you mean real Dungeons & Dragons?
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons?
One of WotC's in-name-only d20 System abortions?
Or are you using the term like Coke, Nintendo, Kleenex, Xerox, i.e. a generic term for fantasy role-playing? Or perhaps all tabletop role-playing?

Clarify what you mean, so we know why to call you a faggot.

>Clarify what you mean, so we know why to call you a faggot.
We already know why.

You're really no better than OP is. In many ways worse.

When I saw a blog that said something like this:
I already knew others rpg (since my first contact with rpg), but decided to totally stop caring about d&d after this text, and spend my time and effort, looking for other systems.

>d&d is created and get famous
>its the first rpg so (since its famous) you have all those extreme amount of rpg players with different point of view of how a rpg should be, playing the exact same rpg
>after some amount of time playing some players discover some stuff they think are flaws, while discover some rules they think are really awesome
>because they have very different views on what a rpg should be (despise playing the exact same rpg), what some guy think is a good idea wont be considered a good idea by the other player, what some consider a shitty idea will be considered a good idea by other rpg
>new system is made based at this enviroment, and create a mess of a rpg system.
>many of those players quickly jump into the new system, expecting fixed to what they think are flaws
>because the players have very different opinions on what rpg should be (despise playing the same exact system), what is a flaw to some is a fix to another, and what is a fix to another is a flaw to someone. So the system CAN'T be fixed.
>all those extreme amount of players quickly jumping to this new system, bring new (to rpg) players to the new d&d system
>this make the game have an extreme amount of rpg players with different point of view of how a rpg should be, playing the exact same rpg
>because they have very different views on what a rpg should be (despise playing the exact same rpg), what some guy think is a good idea wont be considered a good idea by the other player, what some consider a shitty idea will be considered a good idea by other rpg
>new system is made based at this enviroment, and create a mess of a rpg system. No one knows what the system/d&d is suposed to be, because it was created based on a mess.
>the story continue ad infinitum

When's the last time you've played a game at all rather than bitch about how other people play theirs?

Good god, when did Veeky Forums become full of bitter cunts who care more about other people having the wrong kind of fun than having fun themselves?

OP, stop it with this shitty pasta you wrote. No amount of your petulant whining is going to make anyone take you seriously.

>this thread again
>we have it every other week
OP how many fucking times do I have to hear that d20 modern isn't good before you shut up and never come back?

>when did you realize D&D was garbage?

When I heard it had healing magic in it.

Completely removes any tension any fight/battle could ever have.

You're in a dark dungeon deep underground with living rock monsters trying to crush you? Just heal lol.

Fighting giants made of ice? Just heal lol

Fighting massive bad who are crossbred with dragons and feed on titan blood? Just heal lol

No damage you take, no injury sustained have any meaning to it since all you have to do is point at it and say "heal" and that's it, you've fought hundreds of beasts but don't even have a scratch on you.

Only thing worse is that it allows players so summon food (because managing money probably "too hard" for the developers).

youtube.com/watch?v=daksqex8zUE&list=PLzzh7AuEBkEnAr1Ic5LKbJbvBq2BzVTGr&index=7

And it still uses the horrible class system.

It's sad to see that video games have gotten ahead of table top games on character customization and choices since in video games you need hundreds of people making those assets from scratch but in a tabletop roleplay game all you need to do is describe them.

OP, get a life, you whiny little bitch.

Not OP but d20 modern isn't good, admit it.

>shitty pasta you wrote.
>you wrote

I didnt wrote this, well I saw it on a blog, but I dont remember the blog and so needed to write it again

I'm not OP

Also

>implying you read all I wrote in that 1 minute as well as typing your post and posting it

You don't need to be so butthurt in defending your shitty tabletop system.

Also I am not op

Copypasta from the last twenty times you made this thread is sad.

Any proof that it's copypasta?

>implying you read all I wrote in that 1 minute as well as typing your post and posting it
Do you honestly expect anyone to actually read your bullshit?

You can do that. You just need to select the classes and level caps accordingly.
Just you are too retarded to do that, OP.

>valid criticism is bullshit

dnd fanboy, everybody.

what would a wise man, a SAGE do with this thread?

I didn't say it was but this thread is copypasta at this point

Don't post things from that blog again, it's an asinine point to make in a game that allows you to change to rules based on how your party wants to play the game.

If you genuinely think that "Different people have different opinions" is constructive criticism that's fine. It isn't but that's your prerogative.

>valid

Ah, a troll in a troll thread! Color me surprised!

GUYS GUYS GUYS
We should all calm the FUCK DOWN
And buy and play dungeon world I hear it's the best system out there

Had a shitty DM that was planning on doing that, and I was rolling my eyes the moment they mentioned it.

And while 5e is tolerable, the fact that so many people and their mother will try to play literally every setting using some variation of DnD is fucking sickening. Like you can't try at least one other system?

>And buy and play dungeon world I hear it's the best system out there

Anything is good as long its not d&d and d&d with another name like pathfinder.

PS:When I said "anything is good as long.." I am not saying fatal is a good system, what I am saying you should pick anything you want that is not d&d. Remove d&d from the list called "all rpgs that ever existed" and start from this new list to decide what rpg will you play.

>it's an asinine point to make in a game that allows you to change to rules
Change the rules to what? To please who?

The player that would be playing gurps and similar systems if he knew that those systems existed, or the other one that would be playing Stormbringer if they new the system exist, or the creepy guy that would love to play fatal?

>troll

Nice argument.

Back in 3.0 when it took 2 hours to make my first lvl 1 PC

We did. We didn't like them.

OP, please go read some books. Get better at english before you try to convince people you're right and they're wrong.

You didn't try hard enough.

>Did you try eating anything healthy?
>I did, and didn't like it
>Really?
>I ate a piece of raw brussels sprouts, and decided that was enough,

>Anything is good as long its not d&d and d&d with another name like pathfinder.

Pathfinder isn't D&D with another name.

It's D&D-in-name-only with another name.

Since D&D-in-name-only is logically equivalent to not-D&D-at all, we have:

¬D&D ⇔ ¬D&D

…which is a tautology.

how many more times do we need this thread?

This shit gets posted and all I hear is...

"Waaaaaa. Why don't you play the system that I think is best? Waaaaaaaaa"

Cry some more.

>Game of Thrones-style
No

>low fantasy
No.

>games focused around intrigue?
Yes.

Check mate, whiny trollposter.

>Week 7 of our game
>PC's (3 of them) have no established a small keep at lv 6
>small keep= a 30x30 3 story tower, with a small wall, and a few outbuildings
>have about 150 villagers that are living in their territory
>Collect a small amount of taxes (not enough to do more than cover some staff costs)
>Pc's make a deal with a bigger noble house to guard this previously unclaimed region, and protect it from monsters and bandits
>pc's raid an orc lair gain a good haul of gems/gold and a couple useful magic items
>PC's invest the treasure into their village and tower
>PC's aid their supporting noble in a fight with another noble, gain some good treasure, invest it back into their village.
>livestock, farming tools, and skilled house builders are brought in.
>PC's village grows, their tower expands into a proper small keep.
>they snatch another piece of land (mainly timber) that was unclaimed.
>one pc marries into the nobles family, binding the two together
>suddenly we realize, we're playing an almost GoT like setting (with added orcs and magic)
>Good times are had by all, we're playing d&d
>OP is a massive faggot who drinks buttsex froth

Mfw I didn't realize I wasn't actually having fun this whole time. I just thought I was having fun.
Thank you for showing me the light op.

Max ca 28-30

Attack bonus +30

Your enjoyment of a thing does not necessarily indicate the quality of that thing.

OP is still a faggot though.

Quality is subjective.

And OP is still a faggot.

>game of thrones style
>wanting to emulate babby's first low fantasy setting
>intrigue focus
user you have some shit taste. Not even saying that because I like d&d.
GoT is legitimately trash and GRRM's over inflated ego is your fault.

well.....lets be somewhat fair.
Agreed with: GRRM is trash, and his ego is shit
Disagree with: GoT "style" setting about a bunch of noble houses trying to gain power and the throne is instantly a 'bad' thing.

A scramble for power, houses fighting, low fantasy-ish. Sounds fun.

However, if there's a giant wall, and white walkers and a Baneres Stormwind queen of dragons invovled.......it's a GoT rip, and everyone involved should die by ass cancer.

What's so bad about GRRM?

what was aragorn's tax policy u niglet

>what is a joke

He has some terrible opinions on the matters of fanfiction and such.

He doesn't want people touching his work. He'd probably demand we ask him for permission before running a game set in his world.

i mean, literally this. i got my wakfu friends to play 4e with me and it was an amazing experience (especially because wakfu is shit)

This is good. All good. I am happy for you user.

Fucking hell, this is the first retarded /v/ crossover meme that made me laugh. Maybe we should start making Todd edits with Varg or Monte Cook.

Thanks bro.

We're having a blast with it. Someone here at Veeky Forums of all places talked about a game they ran (or played in), where they built up a kingdom. We gave it a try (half expecting huge problems), and are loving it.
A little annoying keeping track of every tiny detail, but luckily we've got a player that is always the notekeeper/inventory tracker. So we know exactly how many cattle, horses, sheep, swords, barrels of salt, textiles, piles of stone, wagons, oxen, and hand tools etc, that we have access to, or are being used.

We use a lot of diplomacy (recruiting skilled tradesmen to move into our area). A lot of combat clearing off orcs/goblins/kobolds/gnolls. A lot of knowledge checks, etc.

1/3 combat related.
1/3 diplomacy rp'ing interactions with others
1/3 planning and forming stratagems to grow

Works out. I'm sure we're having fun wrong, but wrong fun, is still fun.

>mfw using D&D to play a light sci-fi modern campaign, with a small SoL feel and a dash of anime tropes
>going excellently and in our second campaign of this style with very few modifications
>mfw imagining Veeky Forums's anus clench in rage at the thought of having fun the wrong way

Okay, so, while I've got you here, there's this succubus that my party wants to redeem...

Don't care how much of a fag I sound, two questions:
1)What's SoL stand for?
2)Which edition/version? I'm curious about the mechanics under the hood for this.

Holy shit, how slow do you read?

>Doesn't like fanfiction
>Terrible opinion
Take the fucking time to scrape off the serial numbers before you post it online.
There. Problem solved.
Fuck, it's how plenty of people got started in the industry. Terry Brooks, Dennis McKiernan, Christopher Paolini, George R.R. Martin...

>He'd probably demand we ask him for permission before running a game set in his world

There's an official RPG set in his world.