Hey bro, why don't you check out these sick ass alternatives to 40k

>Hey bro, why don't you check out these sick ass alternatives to 40k
>Infinity: 10 model skirmish game based heavily on cover and LoS
>Warmachine: 30 model skirmish game based on special characters and triggering combos, with a focus on bigger, solo models
>Warpath: Shitty models, shitty rules

Wow, so many mainstream alternatives to my 50 man sized wargame based on squads and vehicles.

So you're... mad at something?

Still a bad game though

40k is only good if you're already balls deep in it. If you already have a full army or two, then yeah, it's great. But if you're just getting into wargames, then it's an absolute bitch to start, and you're probably better off with an alternative.

Im mad at there being no actual alternatives to 40k. Instead, its a bunch of faggos that see if I want to play their game, rather than play 40k. What I want is good 40k.
Yes

I hear Flames of War is pretty good

While we're wasting a thread for this, do you think Infinity will ever create rules for large-scale battles?

40k is and was never good. its a models company who happens to release a new rulebook ever 18 months to encourage idiots to buy more of them

There's pretty much no reason not to be playing malifaux right now

Ehh it's alright but it's hardly amazing. A nice scratch of something different, but it's very gimicky

>I want to play a game where I have to buy 100 of the same model, 5 of the same tank and 2 $150 models who will be the only thing that matters on the board

Okay chum

40k can never be good.

Infinity is the only alternative that I would personally consider. The models are pretty neat, and the smaller skirmish scale means that building a force would be easy.

The problem is that I don't know a single person who plays it, even though I think my FLGS does carry some of the models for it.

>The problem is that I don't know a single person who plays it
This. I don't live in a big city. The FLGS only plays 40k, even though they have some WarmaHordes models too.

I suggest if you want people to play something else, you find a free ruleset they can play with models they already have.

Play Bolt Action.

no, the core mechanics poorly handles 20 models, it wouldn't work with more guys

Or build full playsets and learn to share your toys.

It was a fun game with soul before GW went public in 2004.

Play 3rd edition with some tweak.

There are games like Beyond the Gates of Antares, that function a lot more like 40k in army composition, they just aren't as popular. But if people don't try them out they never will be.

If 8th ed is hard reset as they are making it to be it can.

40k always had it's rule quality shackled by the precedence of previous editions and poor release cycles.

We'll see if they can actually do something about it, but opportunity is right here.

Infinity community building is super hard. The terrain requirements for one table and people actually struggling with the rules are huge entry barriers.

I personally think infinity is just as bad at 40k, but for completely opposite reasons rulewise

>based on special characters and triggering combos, with a focus on bigger, solo models
This is why I quit 40k.

>check out this gamewinning combo
>cool, how did you set up that play?
>well first you have to roll the right numbers on X different tables before the game starts
Randomized army elements are a fucking scourge, 6th edition was a mistake

Hilariously, we have no 40k community OR Infinity community...

because fucking DROPZONE COMMANDER took everyone. I don't understand.

game poorly handles any models at all
idon't get the infinity

It's because it's forcing you to do manually math out an x com game + valkyria chronicles.

It's one of few instance where the medium of a videogame is vastly superior.

No models suit my aesthetic taste.

also it's playerbase is the worse

This. It's a way to have some fun while showing off your cool painted army and pretending to play toy soldiers on a nice looking board.

This is why there are so many complaints about 40k. Because they're all idiots who:

- Play the game "competitively" or just because of the rules
- Don't paint their armies or play on ugly boards
- Don't like the models

If ANY of that shit applies to you, and you have a complaint about 40k because of it, YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD. You might as well buy an ugly, slow, piece of shit car then complain that racing and car shows aren't fun.

>It's because it's forcing you to do manually math out an x com game + valkyria chronicles.
what are you on about?
it's more or less giving everyone overwatch in necromunda
I'm with him, large points units don't work in infinity it's designed small and should save stay small.
imagine all of those link teams just slamming into each other.

Where do you live? I want to trade places with you.

>What I want is good 40k.

Judging by AOS, it sounds like you're getting exactly that two months from now.

Southwest border of Michigan. When you find someone at all, it's either the couple of scattered Infinity players or the Dropzone community.

but a link team turns into three guys just buffing one guy as he rambos all over the place.

Got i hate infinity but just have trouble articulting it.

nerds never heard of dropzone/dropfleet commander

>but a link team turns into three guys just buffing one guy as he rambos all over the place.
yeah that's the only up-scaling you could really get in the system without rebuilding it.
out of here hegdehog.

fite me primitive

Cuz my dad plays it, and I never really was in love with the cards instead of dice thing anyway.

Dropzone? Gates of Antares?

Veeky Forums is fucking /v/ now

/v/s actually better

I'll have to see if I can find an excuse to visit the area sometime and lug some minis along with me. The only matches to be found in Interior Alaska are 40k and Sigmar with the occasional outburst of X-Wing, but that hasn't stopped me from buying three full factions of Dropzone and Dropfleet because I liked the minis.