Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1461: Murder Orgy Festival Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Riz9JYna
youtu.be/skGwYM4FeFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much attention do you like?

None, and it's amusing to see women act like children and sociopaths just to get attention.

Posting PDFs of Marvel's WIPs from a few threads back.

Tell me the secret rules of your alt-chains, /jc/.

And Carmen Sandiego.

Potato mode.

Depends on the setting. I kept myself mostly unknown in KOTOR but purposely became a publicly known figure in RWBY.

What are everyone's Kingdom Hearts builds like?

Any conscious decision to Stay or Go Home must be unanimous between me and all Companions.

There's also the one with the vow of chastity.

It's too big for a single post, so I'mma pastebin it. pastebin.com/Riz9JYna

Everything is suffering, kupo.

So Jumpers, if you have a fighting style, what does it look like?

Mine is pretty much just a modified Dragon Style: powerful attacks using my hands as claws, with punches and chops thrown in as needed, and kicks that resemble the sweeping of a dragon's tail. I use my overwhelming strength and speed and my insane flexibility, along with ki and elemental attacks, to keep my attacks coming in from random directions and keep my opponent unable to get a break and counterattack.

Straight Magician, except I dropped the Barrier perk for the A Heart to Call My Own perk and the Local Hero's Endurance perk. I also took the Plotbound drawback to pay for it all.

I was a bit nervous at first, but Goofy of all people survives just fine. I like to believe that I have at least as much survivability as Goofy

So what's the deal with Overwatch? It seems pretty street-level?

>Destroyer of Worlds, Jumper! What is reflected in his eyes as he crosses the infinite worlds...?

Jump 20: Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 2
Origin: Hopeful Orphan
Perks:
You Know The Rules, And So Do I
At Least I've Got My Donuts
The Sorcerer's Apprentice [1400]
Just The Beginning [1100]
You've Got That Wrong [1000]
Never Gonna Give You Up [900]
Never Gonna Let You Down [700]
Missing Piece [400]
Oh, Dragon In My Heart x8 [0]

Items: [+400 for Items Only]
Promotional Movie Crossover Toy - Merge WizardDriver with OOOs belt [300i]
Jeweler's Special x3 [0i]
Variety Bag of Donuts

Drawbacks:
Warlock, NOW! [1400]
Delicious Tears [1500]
Plain Sugar [1600]
I'm Already A Demon - Duende, Al-Miraj, Makara, Cadejo [2000]

[1800AP]
Phantom: Lechuza - Wind[1500P]
Powers:
Blessed Wind [1400P]
Infinite Possibility [800P]
Mystic Liquid x2 [600P]
Last Engage x2 [400P]
Strength of the Earth x2 [200P]
Phantom Limbs [0P]
PhantoRise

Magic Rings: Connect, Driver, Defend, Kick Strike, Copy, Special, Excite, Thunder, Blizzard, Gravity, Dress Up, Fall, Drill, Bind, Light.

I have magic! Well, more magic, really. There was this very unpleasant owl in my soul, feeding off of my despair. Confronting it gave me magical powers. On top of what I had already, anyways. And now I'm two Kamen Riders for the price of one!

If only I had any idea what the actual plot of Wizard is. I should go ask him myself. Hey, Kamen Rider Wizard, what is your plot about why are you picking up a gun. Why are you shooting me?! WHY IS METAL CORGI WITH YOU?!

OH GOD THERE'S MORE OF THEM, TOO. QUICK, LUCAS, GET BASTION IN GUN MODE!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S BUSY EATING DONUTS

Traverse Town
Merchant Moogle
Traps and Gizmos800
Master Synthesist.500
Companion Import 200.
didn't need anything else so just dropped the CP.

Also known as Dominatrix Aristotle Edition

Nice.

On a related note, how great are Keyblades? I'm not particularly impressed by how the jump describes them, but apparently they're "it" for Kingdom Hearts. Are they worth it?

I know in the Medaka Box jump it says you will lose any powers not bought by cp with "growing up" but didn't someone find a way around it by using Adult Mode from Lyrical Nanoha jump? Just curious if that would actually work.

No drawback caps. Plus, my only two "companions" are actually fellow jumpers that are helping me stop a massively overpowered evil Jumper. So, Potato Mode?

Tell me about a time when you took a non drop-in origin, and discovered the life you'd been living up to that point believed or had done something with which you strongly disagreed.

It wouldn't. The jump is quite clear on that, even if some people try to abuse the exact wording to get around what it means.

That's totally Potato Mode.

I didn't find the keyblades to be anything that amazing. Kingdom Hearts doesn't exist in every multiverse, and I don't need a keyblade to open things regardless of whether they're conceptual or physical. If you like the looks, I'd say just craft one yourself for the looks. If you like the magic effects then get it from the jump

Infinite Tea

Am I drunk. I didn't mean to quote that.

Uh...only alt-chain rule of note I've done is no fiat backing at all. Purchases from previous jumps had a chance of backfiring or mixing poorly with other world elements. That chain had a VERY different dynamic.

Normally, it's pretty much just Aikido modified to include strikes/holds using my Kamui's scarf tails.

In decidedly unfriendly bouts, some Susanoo-inspired moves creep in.
youtu.be/skGwYM4FeFg

I've got a few test chains that went a little like this.

No drawbacks, No buying perks that cost 500cp or more, no warehouse or bodymod, no companions and every origin is just a drop in with different discounts.

Getting BS is so much more satisfying when you have to work for it and there's a lot less to keep track of so it's easier to keep focused on what's happening in character instead of just reading the shopping list and moving on.

Once upon a time robots went all Terminator on everybody but Captain America, Uther the Lightbringer, a Dwarf Fortress character, Madam-Not-Appearing-In-This-Trailer, Big Boss, and Soon-To-Be-DEATH-GUN stopped them.

Then they added Magilla Gorilla, White Mage, Clint Eastwood, Raiden, and Marty McFly to their roster, as well as some guy whose wife got kidnapped and brainwashed by terrorists so she'd kill him because he just refused to die otherwise.

Then their HQ went boom, OverGate happened and they shut down. They all went around doing their own thing until Magilla lit up the Bat-Signal again.

lol i hate it. but it just keeps getting worse the more appearance perks i take and i have no idea why. pls halp.

I actually really don't like the looks. Not even because of the whole key look, which is pretty cool, I guess? But because of the damn retarded hand guards. How the hell are you supposed to even hold that shit?

Keyblades are the only thing that put Heartless down for good reliably and close a world's keyhole (which would otherwise be a way for Heartless to devour the world in its entirety) in-setting. If an anti-darkness magic foci sword isn't good enough for you, then that's just too bad.

So basically you have the duckface dilemma

Jumpers, what are some perks or drawbacks you never take?

Luck perks. It just feels like cheating.

>remembering the old "Odin is a Jumper" theory

So which world did he start in?

I refuse to take certain "charisma" perks that pretty much make everybody react a certain way no matter what. I'll take perks that make me a better leader, I'll take perks that make me better at talking good, but I refuse to take perks that are nothing more than glorified brainwashing. Trap perks too.

As for drawbacks, I'm not too picky as long as it's not a guaranteed death or some kind of trap option. Fuck that shit.

Did I mention that I hate trap options?

>"charisma" perks
So you're one of those guys.

Hold it by the outer guard instead of the inner hilt and take up the same stance you'd use for a fencing foil or epee. The softer stance lessens the chance that the offgrip gets turned against you, and switch to a hand and half stance depending on your range. Thrusts are weak due to the outer guard being a bad handling point, but swings are about the same as how you'd parry with an epee and if you're focusing on footwork enough, you shouldn't have to swing or thrust wildly all the time anyways.

It works better with keyblades that have a more pointed end like the Leopardus or the Oblivion, but it can work with other keyblades too.

>hate trap options
I guess you really hate Majikoi then huh?

Two-hand it and swing like a club most of the time. Sora actually gets pulled along by the Keyblade and/or makes it move by itself for some of his fancier moves.

Pokemon, of course. Sleipneir was obviously some one-of-a-kind mythical Pokemon that he took with him.

Always, ALWAYS take appearance perks. Always take demon perks except for that one. Always take magic or intelligence perks.

I'm never really keen on charisma perks. Or drawbacks that give you amnesia or an ugly appearance. Just feels wrong on some level.

>Sleipneir is just a Rapidash he imported a bunch of times and gave extra legs because why not

What's the rest of his team?

I Companion twins and only twins. Male/Female Twins take top priority, but any twins will do. Twins also only take up 1 slot, but any abilities they gain are at 1/2 power.

>spoiler

Which one?

I always take Harem perks and I never take Amnesia drawbacks, since I would essentially become a new person by the time I get my memories back.

>Odin is associated with healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, battle, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet
Dark, psychic, and fighting Pokemon?

Doctor's Companion Chain:

>No warehouse. That's the TARDIS's job.
>Always import companions if there is an import option. Always.
>Doctor calls the shots over jumper. If The Doctor doesn't like it, jumper doesn't do it. Jumper is allowed to go behind The Doctor's back, however. Let's hope that doesn't happen, wouldn't want to disappoint/anger him.
>If The Doctor kicks jumper out or jumper leaves, the chain is over.
>Jumper will still receive 1000 CP by default, but will still have to pay to import companions
>Not really a rule but more of a 'something to steer clear of': Jumper is allowed to gain power, but the focus here is more on using wits and cleverness instead of outright curb stomping someone simply because that isn't very interesting and this is for fun. Take a ton of luck/I'm smart perks okay to circumvent this.

I never take the "the heroes hate you and want to kill you" drawbacks unless I personally hate the heroes. (Which is actually quite rare in the jumps I actually take, as much as I go on and on about how I hate generic light novel protags.)

>forgetting he got TWO Honchkrows for some reason

Berserk's Apostle option. Because fuck that option and everything that goes with it.

Happiness is paramount. Give others a hand, and be kind to those you love.

>Also take some this makes it impossible for someone to kill/delete you/whatever and extra lives to circumvent this

What the fuck even happened last thread.

Never mention it again.

Normal jumpchain. Why do you feel like you need to bring it up?

What jumps have perks for being really good at dancing? Because I might as well have two left feet right now and I want to change that.

Seven Deadly Sins has some for Giants

Shat on people who deserved it. What else?

There's one in Last Exile, iirc.

Exalted Infernals.
Finally fantastic 6.
Just about any pick a mundane skill perk ever.

No Cap on Active Companions in jump, however, all companions need to have a slot of some kind. 8 Companion slots free. 7 Pods. Feathers and Ring work, but I can only make one Cheat Mode duplicate. after that, they stop working. DxD Evil Pieces create companions/Slots but they must be characters who died in their source media.

Basically, any method works once, or as many times in a jump as I can purchase the option. After one time, Jumpchan goes from amused at my ingenuity to annoyed at my exploiting that particular loophole.

I legitimately cannot bring myself to care. Unless I'm running a business, in which case I'd prefer to have as much positive attention as I can.
Everything has to contribute to making her go from an optimistic plant themed witch to a jaded, poison themed scientist.
I tend to be pretty indiscriminate when it comes to perks, but I don't take drawbacks that make me act like an utter asshole (Or generally unpleasant.)
Futurama, Exalted Infernals, Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Because he's the shitposter.

>Ring
Not a pod. I don't know why people think it is because it mentions nothing about podding anyone.

I just kinda ignore the companion limits on how many people you can have out. The spirit of the rule was to prevent massive armies sweeping across settings, and I don't use my companions for that so I kinda went fuck it and just let everyone hang out or do whatever they want.

I also sometimes end Jumps early when there isn't much to do. That's if I'm not in danger, the plot is over, the world is at peace and I don't have any possible plans or drawbacks that would require a longer stay. I don't like gaming the system or anything, but I do just get rid of the tedious bits so the story/my personal enjoyment doesn't get dragged through the mud too much as I gotta figure out what to do in the remaining seven years of yet another modern world without significant differences compared to ours.

Thanks.

Who is pic?

What jumps can get you a Valkyrie waifu?

Rule 63 Dave Strider.

Jumpers, what did you do with the Hogyoku?

Genderbent Dave Strider you dingus.
You want me to tell you about homestuck?

How many people here rollchain? What are your experiences with it like compared to choosing what jumps you go to?

>No drawback caps
>If there's no import, companions can import themselves as drop-ins for free
>Companions can take drawbacks, so long as it only affects themselves; party/world-changing drawbacks are an everyone-or-no-one deal
>Bodymod and Warehouse start with 0cp, they gain 5cp (in a shared pool) for every completed jump.
>Purchase from gauntlets are stacked on Bodymod, so they still work on other gauntlets/powerless drawbacks
>There's no post-spark. There's no 'Stay' or 'Go home'. tHe RiDE nEvEr eNDs

I went Nobody Wielder. Nobody because I like their eldritch toon physics; Wielder mostly as a placeholder until we get Birth by Sleep.

No, I know what homestuck is.

I won't claim to understand it though, and anyone who says they do is a liar.

I do. It's a lot harder to make a consistent story line while rolling, and I've rolled jumps way beyond my ability to handle more then once. For example, I rolled Imperium as fucking Jump #5. That was the exact opposite of fun.

Creative Mode. :^)

I grabbed Nobody, Wielder, and the Light and Nothingness capstones. Considering I grabbed the Seeker of Darkness in Birth By Sleep I am almighty.

You get more disappointment than not. Choose your jumps and you can stick with jumps that you actually like and avoid jumps that are just shitpost fodder. Roll and if you don't know a whole lot of IPs, then either be prepared to do too much research or get fucking bored.

Depends on what kind of attention and what the chain is, really.

Writer Chain is more of a quiet sort who wants to be left alone to write and will sometimes appear to observe heroes and maybe train or advise them.

Well, ideally. Inevitably their companions pull them into stuff (Cu pissing the wrong person off, Nylocke seeing a GREAT INJUSTICE that he must change, Sakura wanting to go somewhere, or whatever, as Sage like Writer Nika wants to be left alone), or someone wanting power for any reason (good or bad) shows up at their doorstep, or someone threatens a person dear to them, or basically the plot shows up at their doorstep.

I haven't completely read all of Fate/Apocrypha, but telling from spoilers I'm pretty sure once Shirou Kotomine catches on that my jumper has Third Magic it's going to be FUN getting the hell away from him.

>It's a lot harder to make a consistent story line while rolling
Doesn't that mean your storyline is way more genuine though?

I combined it with an FMA Philo Stone, the HP Philo Stone, the Bloodstone from Noblesse, a couple Dragonstones from Fire Emblem and the Angel Stone from Symphonia.. then planning a few more things before I make it into my Gem.

At its core, my style is basically Kosaka Style Ninjutsu with a few melee techniques and some Iaido preferences. Kosaka Style Ninjutsu comes from Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple. It's the style of a couple of the world's most dominant practitioners of weapons based martial arts and can be summed up as "absurd mastery of anything even resembling a weapon" with distinct ninja themes. I personally chose Shigure as my teacher.

That being said, my personal weapon is a Sacred Spear that I spared no expenses on stacking and customizing to my specifications. Maybe the most important upgrades from the perspective of my fighting style are the ones that allowed it to learn my skills from me wielding it and it being able to fight on its own with all the power and skill I would be able to employ.

So basically, Kosaka Style Ninjutsu that has evolved to the point where I'm literally employing teamwork with my own, magical super weapon, sometimes providing support at a distance with whatever esoteric powers I might have at my disposal.

>Start with PMD
>Start with a very weak form and evolution for free
>No partner, can't take Partnerless
>Not part of the main plot at all, it'll be resolved by itself over the course of a few months or so.
>Jumper is a native to that world, so no meta-knowledge of other settings beforehand
That made it a good deal of fun, actually.

Not if you're running a normal chain then suddenly you get shit like Sonichu or the Room. With over 800 jumps, rolling half the time leads to a jump that is just boring as shit. The storyline becomes I sat around for 10 years and waited for things to end because there either was no plot or I didn't care enough

Legend of Galactic Heros is easier but another one is the Ragnarok on line jump

Eh, true. Doesn't mean it isn't annoying when you start coming up with something and then a single roll forces you change everything up again.

More than I'd care to admit. Being a protagonist is rather addictive.

Don't have any at the moment. Life is kicking my free time in the nuts at every opportunity, so I'm having trouble just writing for the one.

I still like to fall back on my Fencing. As in, wielding an actual 6 foot section of white picket fence as a weapon. I was a little silly when I picked options in Ranma 1/2, so my unique martial art is Fence Fencing. Combined with the 'hiding things up my sleeves' and 'construction master' perks from that same Jump, I've cobbled together attacks like literally nailing my opponents to the floor or tripping my foes up with a hastily planted garden.

It's surprisingly effective.

I never take physical beauty perks. What? I like my face the way it is. It's mine.

Kinky.

Woo! Someone else shilled my Jump for once!

It's more interesting than choosing. I did several chains, and after switching over to rolling instead of choosing I find I don't get bored as easily this way. I have to actually think of how I'm going to survive, or what I'm going to do for ten years, and building in ways that I usually wouldn't.

What are some good perks for helping a non-human with Pinocchio Syndrome become a real boy?

I do limited Rollchaining. That means I have extra stipulations on top like rerolls and the ability to chose whatever jump I want every once in ten jumps, and it tends to work out pretty well.

I think there's something at Unholy Heights, but I think that might just be a disguise.

Maybe animorph morphing tech? Probably that one perk from unholy heights. I think there's something in invader zim? If they're a companion, import them into another jump.

That's all I got.

oh, I like these.

I'm tempted to start a chain under these rules.

>remembering some of the old rollchains

I miss the robot.

Loki is his blood-brother in some of the myths, does that mean Ragnarok was his version of potatoes? Funny how their builds seemed so similar but Loki decided to max out on drawbacks.

I miss Topkek, Bugli and cowboy, myself