What is GW's obsession with Chaos and it always winning? I don't mean what you think I mean...

What is GW's obsession with Chaos and it always winning? I don't mean what you think I mean. It's cool that Chaos being one of the major factions gets its victories, and I'm not one of the baw-ers about Chaos being full of fanboys or whatever.

But 1d4chan is right. GW themselves are obsessed with fapping off Chaos at every chance they get. This wasn't always the case; it began around the mid-late 2000's, with the Storm of Chaos, and went on from there.

In case you didn't know the timeline:
>storm of chaos comes out, apocalyptic event that players waited for
>gw actually does something really cool and lets players decide how the lore goes through their own battles
>chaos ends up losing terribly
>gw deus ex machinas archaon everchosen to still somehow put the empire on the brink of collapse
>still gets his shit kicked in utterly
>old world is left in disarray but the forces of order triumph and begin the slow painful process of rebuilding
>somewhat hopeful but still dim future ahead, ripe for storytelling

but no
>gw expresses frustration that chaos lost, literally
>retcon storm of chaos, which was the last time a story progression event was well-received by fans, and instead brings the end times
>no player interaction
>everything sucks, chaos is unstoppable, no one survives except chaos skaven ogres and maybe lizardmen
>literally retcon the warhammer world into one of multiple universes and cycles
>world is continually destroyed by chaos and nothing can save it and gods are powerless but it keeps happening
>horribly received by fans, even chaos ones
>gw basically hit "chaos wins" button
>gw hears complaints and decides the best course of action is to retcon everything
>end times ends, age of sigmar begins

Age of Sigmar I feel needs no introduction, and you probably know without even playing it how terrible it is.

However, while Fantasy crashed and burned under Chaos fapping, 40k fans thought they were safe.

Boy, were they wrong.

(continued)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The chaos gods were always the primary symbols of evil. To give them a weak position is to make the setting less gritty than they want it to be.

>after age of sigmar debacle, gw sets its crosshairs on 40k for more
>""""quality story progression""""

In case you didn't know:
>abaddon the despoiler is basically 40k's archaon everchosen
>mighty chaos lord that leads infinite daemon hordes against the galaxy in black crusades
>gw decides to be cool and again lets player battles decide the course of lore
>abaddon gets his shit kicked in repeatedly
>becomes a walking meme of failure and is basically chaos zapp brannigan
>loses to regular imperial dudes despite having the full power of the warp and the chaos gods on his side
>imperium holds and beats him back again and again and inflicts disastrous losses on chaos because of how player battles went fair and square
>still severely hurt, but the imperium wins and begins a slow painful process of rebuilding
>sound familiar yet?
>gw gets pissed that abaddon loses, literally, and then hits the "chaos wins" button
>fall of cadia
>abaddon decides to just blow up cadia because he can
>imperium is powerless to stop him as chaos rifts begin opening up all over the place
>necrons come back and start fucking everyone up
>tyranids, the only faction chaos truly feared, made irrelevant (see: because they're the only faction chaos is afraid of)
>chaos is winning and the end of the galaxy is coming
>coming soon: age of emperor or age of the imperium

^>continued

It's been asked but never really discussed in the respective Warhammer threads, and it's admittedly often defended by fans of Chaos who claim their faction never wins, but that's just false, and this issue spans both Warhammer universes. GW seems to forget people like the other sides, and in pursuit of hopeless nihilism just hits the "Chaos Victory" switch every time something goes against them or when the plot needs progressed.

Why don't they have the Imperium destroy Chaos? Or have the Tau take out all the Orks? Or have the Necrons appear and battle the Tyranids? Why is every "plot progression" event Chaos coming in and fucking everyone else up with 0 effort all while the fluff goes on and on about how unstoppable the Chaos gods are? How powerless and pitiful everyone else is to them?

Grimdark is one thing, but faction fapping and masturbatory nihilism is another, especially when they feel the need to constantly shit on all other factions.

Now most of the galaxy is teetering on collapse, and Chaos is riding strong, because this has happened before in the exact same way. Fuck, in 40k the only two things capable of beating Chaos - the Emperor and the Nids - are now being glossed over, footnoted, and made almost irrelevant, just like how in the End Times the entire Kingdom of Bretonnia, one of the most popular factions (if you didn't know), was wiped out by Chaos, and it was basically a single paragraph. Wiped out. Gone. Destroyed by Chaos, with nothing to show for it.

So I ask for discussion, then: why does Games Workshop insist on Chaos being at the forefront of everything? Why is every act of story progression done in the favor of Chaos? What is their obsession with hitting the "Chaos Wins" button every single time?

If you need a more in-depth look on the subject and proof of the claims before you say "chaos always loses though stop whining imperial fanboy", check out 1d4chan. i know, it's shit, but it has good articles on this

It's more interesting than NPC faction Tyranids being the big bad when they're incredibly boring.

>My faction wants to eat stuff
Is that it?
>That's it

Apparently you are not familiar with AoS lore. Chaos has been consistently getting btfo since the beginning. It's very refreshing actually.

It's not that Chaos needs to be weak. It was never weak, it was just that they faced strong opposition, like how in the early days there were equally powerful Gods of Order that fought the Gods of Chaos. Yet, GW retconned that. Then when Chaos loses fair and square and an appropriately grimdark setting is made, the aftermath of the Storm of Chaos, again the last event fans loved almost universally, they retcon it in favor of their soul-crushingly nihilistic obsession with Chaos always prevailing.

Yeah Chaos is losing a lot more in AoS, but remember that Chaos is directly responsible for destroying a world of decades of lore and rendering it all moot because GW said so, and now 40k is going the same way.
>Chaos wins, get over it, buy our books

chaos

>my faction wants to kill stuff
Is that it?
>That's it

Main article in question:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times

Which is why they had to progress the setting the way they did. In old warhammer it was the whole 'chaos is an inevitability' thing and the entire setting and all lore was built on that. The best thing to do was just let it win, fast forward to a new locale (or locales) and set up a new status quo. The inception of the stormcast eternals is actually pretty cool in this regard. It would be like if the horus heresy never happened and the space marine legions all remained loyal.

A lot of people did and still do like Storm of Chaos and its aftermath, particularly in games like WFRP. It really did offer up a broad horizon. The Old World weathered the storm, barely, and everyone was left with the question of "What now?" A lot of good shit could've come of that, and instead they decided to reverse everything, retcon shit all the way back, and start again, all because Chaos didn't win. The fight against Chaos being inevitable and unending was always a theme, but the idea of a Chaos victory being inevitable and unstoppable didn't come about until the End Times, long after the world was conceived and the franchise begun.

I honestly would have been happy as well if they took the Storm of Chaos timeline. I just wanted progression instead of stagnation, something I am happy to see them explore in 40k. AoS was a bit jarring, but I am liking it.

>My faction wants to fug stuff
>My faction wants to learns stuff
>My faction wants to infect stuff
>My faction wants to kill stuff

That's not how Chaos gods work and AoS proves it.

They destroyed the world and that's it.

>something I am happy to see them explore in 40k

You won't be happy for long.

Fall of Cadia is already a sign of things to come.

Chaos is the main villain. Them winning is a bad thing. The setting is supposed to be bad.

In fantasy maybe.
In 40k not really, it was a force the moved things into action not the villain. Chaos being the bad guy is like saying a volcano or and earthquake is evil. In 40k chaos is a force of nature, you can't just say chaos wins, because it would be like fighting a tornado.

In other words chaos in 40k should never be a great enemy but a source to make great enemies.

Armless the harmless black crusade are a good example, Assploding cadia is an example of no understanding your own lore at basic level. Dark Imperium is a stupid and bad concept.

What I'm getting from this is less that you want Chaos to be nerfed and more for other factions to have a fighting chance.

Which honestly, I like. 40k is about being over the top and battle-happy. If everyone else is just little ants to Chaos then nothing is challenging or fun. But if other factions are allowed to buckle down and pull out all the stops, then that just means bigger, more spectacular battles, and more organic story.

Like if Chaos DID get its shit pushed in and GW went with it, then they'd have to legitimately put the work in and their evil victory would be the sweeter for it once they actually were shown to be characters and not just a force that instant-wins.

Nope, read the their end of the End Times. They spent eternities slowly dissolving the world and tormenting the souls of that planet before growing bored and allowing the survivors to rebuild elsewhere.

If that's was it, then there wouldn't be AoS.

>Assploding cadia is an example of no understanding your own lore at basic level.

They spent nearly at entire decade explaining how the Pylons and the Crimson Path works. If anyone doesn't understand basic fluff, then it's you, dumbass.

Chaos is the most unique evil faction GW has.

TL DR

The problem is your tribalistic faction fanboying. Given the line:
>tyranids, the only faction chaos truly feared
I think I can guess which one.

It's because British people heavily identify with Chaos. Hooliganism is in their genes.

If that was the case then Orks would be better off.

*only

Without chaos, 40k would be generic HFY garbage.

I wouldn't call Chaos particularly unique, but it helps it stand out from generic stuff like Star Wars.

More Necron units plz?

Will kill Chaos Gods and turn into pokemon for fluff relevancy.

You are wrong.
They are brittish so they get autistic rage when something they think only belongs to them gets globalized, usually by ruining it to the point is not interesting anymore.
A good example of this is Doctor Who, they canceled the original series and when people start crying they wanted it back when everyone in England stop giving a fuck decades ago they barfed an abortion made by a gay and an asshole thst barely understan whst science-fiction is.

Doctor Who is *was, the new series is garbage pretty popular over here. I'm not sure where you're getting your data from.

But I liked gathering storm. Hell, even if they sack terra, I would be on board because at least shit is happening.

They retconned the gods of Law right away because they realised nobody was interested in them and they had no place in the story they'd presented, because the forces of Law were ultimately intruders in the natural world as much as Chaos, and all they'd done was give Chaos two factions that fight each other for obscure reasons.

It's an underpinning element of the setting that Chaos is a cosmic force you can't ever really defeat, the world was doomed the minute some idiots decided to make a hole in reality, and everyone has been living in the end of days since the Warhammer World was first conceived. The fact that all the evils of the world can be traced back to Chaos gives WHF a pleasing cohesion in my view. It's not faction favouritism, it's just setting the tone.

The writers that made GW games wonderful don't work for them anymore in the capacities they should be.

Instead, they got sick of GW's behaviour and treatment toward them and the hobby and started their *own* companies and got hired by other companies.

Now people like Robbin Cruddace, Aron Daddy Issues Bowden and Matt Ward are writing their stories. They're shit writers with little to middling ideas about how to write compelling lore or stories and no fucking idea why warhammer is so charming.

This.

Man... I wish 40k Chaos could get some love. Maybe we'll actually get a codex (equivalent) this edition.

I'm actually an Imperial fan, but it's objective fact that the Nids terrify the Chaos gods.

Nids can't be corrupted. They have no souls. They are completely subservient to the Hive Mind, which is too intelligent for them to control. It's like if the Emperor had an army of quintillions of fully expendable and incorruptible soldiers that did his every bidding mindlessly.

If Nids won, then no souls would be left. No souls = no worshipers and corruption. No worshipers and corruption = Chaos gods literally wither away and die.

At least that's how it was, and that's how it was pre-End Times too. Chaos couldn't afford to lose often because they needed their followers to even exist themselves. But GW decided that made their fapboys look too weak, so they hit the Chaos Wins button.

>most unique evil faction

They're a group of barbarians in Fantasy led by Saurons who answer to a bunch of manchildren Morgoths.

In 40k they're a little more intriguing, but still just the generic evil dudes.

Warhammer has few truly "unique" things, and that's the point of it. It's derivative of other works and shamelessly so, which makes it fun.

Again, all true, and as I said, back before End Times, the idea that the war on Chaos was an eternal struggle was a thing, and it's what made it grim dark. The war would never be over. Chaos would always rebuild and come back. However, their VICTORY was not inevitable, and men like Sigmar and Franz openly defied and demolished Chaos forces, and like the 40k Emperor Sigmar may've gone to fight the Chaos Gods themselves, and they weren't exactly pleased. Maybe even a little worried.

Then they retconned it, having a nice little "Chaos wins, everyone else sucks, buy our bo---wait, you mean people liked the other guys? But why? Chaos is so good!" ending, they yell as they hotglue another batch of CSM figurines.

Once upon a time the factions were mostly balanced. Chaos wasn't weak, but opposing factions were simply strong enough to beat them in favorable circumstances.

The fact that changed and Chaos is inexplicably omnipotent, done so by writers who have time and again avowed that Chaos really is their out-of-world favorite faction, is the problem at hand, and it's indirectly responsible for murdering the Fantasy franchise, and now the in-process destruction of 40k.

>Bretonnia, one of the most popular factions

>but it's objective fact that the Nids terrify the Chaos gods.

Find a single source that says this. I dare you.

>If Nids won, then no souls would be left. No souls = no worshipers and corruption. No worshipers and corruption = Chaos gods literally wither away and die.

See this. This lore. This is something you don't read because you are a cunt.

The Chaos Gods require no life to exist. They are eternal and self creating.

>At least that's how it was, and that's how it was pre-End Times too. Chaos couldn't afford to lose often because they needed their followers to even exist themselves. But GW decided that made their fapboys look too weak, so they hit the Chaos Wins button.

More trashy headcanon.

>I'm actually an Imperial fan

Bullshit. Fuck off, Nidfag. I swear Nidfags should be banned from the fandom.

>Once upon a time the factions were mostly balanced. Chaos wasn't weak, but opposing factions were simply strong enough to beat them in favorable circumstances.

Objectively false. The original WHFB RPG book made by GW said without a doubt that Chaos was going to win no matter what the gods and races of the setting do because Chaos was simply all powerful.

You can't try your history rewriting on some people who knows the lore, mate. Eat a dick.

Nidfags need to stop. This is just pathetic at this point.

>all this assbleeding butthurt

Fuck off Chaofag.

I got it right and it don't say shit like that. Even if it did OP and the general discussion is going off Storm of Chaos which came later, and by then it was made clear that Chaos could in fact lose and that they weren't all powerful, so even if some obscure fan supplement somewhere for 1st ed said they'd win in the end, it doesn't matter because it got retconned, but then again so did Chaos losing because Games Workshop writers became literal fucking frauds by the time of 8th ed.

>thread started by a self-proclaimed imperial fan
>'wow these nidfag threads are getting pathetic'

>I'm an imperialfag guys I swear! Now let me tell you about how chaos fears the nids...

You clearly don't know the lore, because in the earliest iterations of Warhammer Fantasy there were also the Gods of Order, Lawgods, whatever you want to call them, that were the antithesis of the Chaos Gods and powerful enough to contest control of the natural world with them. This was also back when Malal was around and threatened all the other Chaos Gods with his bullshit. It made the status of the Chaos Gods more dynamic and provided divine beings other than Sigmar who could stand up to them. The Law Gods went off with a quiet goodnight though, and it's a shame and was never really explained. They were there, then they weren't, and I'd reckon it's to follow the extremely pandering/fanwank/fanboyism of GW adopted of Chaos in both universes.

Except they do???

I wouldn't be surprised if it was imperial propaganda and never meant to be trusted to begin with. What happens if the emperor fail? A second butthole of terror appear on Terra and Humanity goes down the sink.
The Eldars fed a chaos god for more time than Humanity existed, and they didn't rip apart reality for the rest of the galaxy. To think we are better at ruining everything than them is typically imperium-like.

I'm reminded why I began to edge away from 40k lore and it's faction fanboys.

I don't mind these big cataclysm events that Chaos keeps getting, but I admit the "Chaos exists in multiple realities and therefor doesn't need worshippers" REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

It's like "then what's the fucking point? why even have a setting at this point?" I always thought that was kind of a fun irony, that when Chaos finally wins they'll actually lose, because they're so blindingly single-minded. But no, apparently WHFB, 40k, and even AoS all exist as bubbles in Chaos and every faction that's not Chaos just exists to entertain Chaos.

The Imperium and the Eldar were always royally fucked, from nids to orks to chaos. All three are basically endless and will eventually grind the Imperium down. After Llyanden, the Eldar were perma fucked as well. The only thing that's changed is that nids and orks have been totally neutered as credible threats.

It's incredibly lazy storytelling. Even with fanboyism and faction favoritism aside. It's just fucking bad writing. That's why I stopped following much of anything after Storm of Chaos got retconned, and why I've given up on 40k. If Chaos is always going to win and everyone is just a plaything for them, even people and groups that in editions past have been said to have the power to destroy them, then what's the point? Just release one one-page codex called "CHAOS WINS" and be done with it.

>Fuck off Chaofag.

Look no proofs or anything. Not even an argument.

>I got it right and it don't say shit like that. Even if it did OP and the general discussion is going off Storm of Chaos which came later, and by then it was made clear that Chaos could in fact lose and that they weren't all powerful, so even if some obscure fan supplement somewhere for 1st ed said they'd win in the end, it doesn't matter because it got retconned, but then again so did Chaos losing because Games Workshop writers became literal fucking frauds by the time of 8th ed.

Wrong again, douchebag. All editions to 8th ED has lore saying that Chaos was going to win. Even the main rulebooks.

Like i said you pathetic if you think you can rewrite history in tegee where there are actual people who read the lore.

But you're objectively wrong.

Except each time you motherfuckers go IT"S PROPAGANDA HUURR It turns out 100% true.

>The Eldars fed a chaos god for more time than Humanity existed, and they didn't rip apart reality for the rest of the galaxy. To think we are better at ruining everything than them is typically imperium-like.

And you dumbass the lore says that humanity is evolving into a psychic race more powerful than the Eldar and they act now as the main power source of Chaos in the galaxy.

Get out.

He says without posting a shred of PROOF but that to be expected from Nidfags.

>>nidfags

Except that one time nids killed grey knights, let chaos loose and then kicked chaos's shit in and made them run away with their tail inbetween their legs.

The only people who actually scared the nids were orks, then they just got outsmarted

Except for the fact they said that the last thing standing at the very end will be the nids

Wait, wait, i forgot that chaosfag is going to bring up chaos's big infinite can of bug spray

It's not like 40k is a fucking satire setting to begin with, AMIRITE FELLOW GHAOSBRO? XDDD
The Imperium is described as the most bloated delusional empire of the setting, but somehow every thing they say (if it's about chaos being so kewl and skerry) IS ALWAYS 100% VERY REAL SHUT UP STRAWMEN NIDSYMPATHIZERS
>GIDDOUT
>GIIDOUT
>GIDDOUT REEEEEEEEE

Except that's not proof that the Chaos Gods fear the Nids. The Daemons fought to the last. The only daemon that fled the battle was the Lord of Change because getting one's form destroyed means spending time in the Forge of Souls which is an annoyance.

I love how you butcher the lore and add bullshit on it.

>The only people who actually scared the nids were orks, then they just got outsmarted

That's an utter lie.

>Except for the fact they said that the last thing standing at the very end will be the nids

Nope, nobody said that and again no proof. It's a theme with you. Just shit without anything backing it up.

> but somehow every thing they say (if it's about chaos being so kewl and skerry) IS ALWAYS 100% VERY REAL SHUT UP STRAWMEN NIDSYMPATHIZERS

Except (getting tired of that word) that wasn't the Imperials saying that piece of lore. It's just a piece of lore handed by the omniscient narreator of the setting.

>chaos losing = lore butchering

So now we see where your bias lies.

Read the nid book

>ok guys we'll let the end of 40k be decided by player battles
>players battle
>nids win
>WHAT NO HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN NO CHAOS WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN DAMMIT THIS IS WHY PLAYERS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES
>next codex: everyone lost badly and then a chaos lord raped the hive mind and chaos won time to buy our next books!

Welcome to post-2007 GW.

"then kicked chaos's shit in and made them run away with their tail inbetween their legs".
"The only people who actually scared the nids were orks, then they just got outsmarted"

Nope, just pointing out your lies. Which are plenty.

not even that guy. Try again faggot.

And Chaos isn't "scared" of Nids in a literal run-away-screaming sense dumbass, they're scared because if Nids win then the Chaos Gods die, because they'll have no followers left and no way of corrupting the remaining Nids. The Hive Mind is smarter than the Chaos Gods, has more followers than the Chaos Gods, is immune to the corruption of the Chaos Gods, and is coming for the Chaos Gods. How the fuck wouldn't they be scared?

I did. All of them. They don't have what you say.

There were only two offical global campaigns in 40K history. One was won by Chaos (EoT) and the other by the Imperium (Medusa).

Tyranids weren't even close to the top three in both globals

Why do you lie like this?

also, the Nids are pretty much WHF's Law Gods in theory. They're a perfectly segmented and orderly society all working together under the control of a single entity for a singular purpose. They are as unchaotic as they come.

But that's wrong, lord of change ran first after the great unclean one died, then the rest ran with the only one not fleeing being Gary sue, sorry Khrone's greater Daemon who was dragged back by the others.

Nids are endless, incorruptable and just as adept at the warp than the daemons, daemons lost to a small section of only a scout fleet of the nids, they still have all the main fleets to fight

And yes the orks are the only ones to fear the nids as they outswarmed then, which shocked the hive mind and made it play recon until it's forces were big enough and used tactics to take out the waggghhh boss

I meant in general it's what happens. GW lets players do a campaign and decide lore, and if Chaos loses, they retcon it so that Chaos wins. They even did this back in Storm of Chaos, but Chaos kept losing, and finally they begrudgingly accepted it, but then threw a temper tantrum and retconned everything and then destroyed the entire world because MUH KAOS must always win.

>And Chaos isn't "scared" of Nids in a literal run-away-screaming sense dumbass, they're scared because if Nids win then the Chaos Gods die, because they'll have no followers left and no way of corrupting the remaining Nids.

That's false and headcanon. The Chaos Gods aim is the destruction of all life in the galaxy. In fact, Nurgle through Morty are creating a plague to end all life in the galaxy as we speak. He is going unleash it in Ultramar (Hand of Darkness).

>The Hive Mind is smarter than the Chaos Gods

False. Shadowbrink proves without a doubt that the Hivemind is senile.

>has more followers than the Chaos Gods

Daemons are literally infinite.

>is immune to the corruption of the Chaos Gods,

Not their physical forms.

>and is coming for the Chaos Gods.

No, it's not.

>How the fuck wouldn't they be scared?

Because they are not a threat to them.

Sure you have

Also of course nids lost, have you seen any of their codex's post 5th, just further proof be hates them and loves Mary sues

This reads like an analysis of Warhammer lore from the point of view of a 13 year old just entering the edgelord punk-emo phase who picked up the Chaos Codex without reading anything else, skimmed through 10 or so pages, then declared himself a genius and the authority on canon.

>then the rest ran with the only one not fleeing being Gary sue, sorry Khrone's greater Daemon who was dragged back by the others.

Everyone died doing one last charge except for the lord of Change who is the only one who crossed into the portal.

>Nids are endless

Not endless only 12 galaxies worth of biomass.

>and just as adept at the warp than the daemons

Nopew, Chaos are masters of the Warp ands its magics.

> lost to a small section of only a scout fleet of the nids, they still have all the main fleets to fight

Chaos daemons have more victories against Tyranids than the other way around.

And in cae you didn't notice the Warp is going drag the galaxy into it very soon.

>And yes the orks are the only ones to fear the nids as they outswarmed then, which shocked the hive mind and made it play recon until it's forces were big enough and used tactics to take out the waggghhh boss

That's an utter butchering of the Octrarius first fight. No, the Nids do not fear the Orks. They just got ambushed at the start and there is no piece of lore that describes the Hiveminds feelings on the matter.

Ad homs.

You can do better than that.

Except (again) The both campaigns were in 4th ED which had the best Nid codex ever in the history of the game, and Tyranid players still lost royally. There is no excuse. Nidfags can't play the game.

Not in 40K. They retconned Chaos's grand victory into a minor victory.

>you can do better than that

I know, but this guy's blatantbait is getting tiresome.

>retconned their victory into a minor one

What? Chaos is dominating the galaxy right now and is set to destroy it. There's nothing minor about it. Ever since End Times GW has retconned everything in the favor of Chaos.

>More wins against nids
You mean they one fight they had in which they lost horribly

>Chaos is masters of the warp
Sure and that's why where ever they go they block out the warp like the nids

>12 galaxies worth of biomass
Source: my ass

And of course it could care less about what happened at octarius, but it's obviously a shock when it faced an enemy who it couldn't just just lots of shit at

>I know, but this guy's blatantbait is getting tiresome.

Are you talking about me or the other guy.

>What? Chaos is dominating the galaxy right now and is set to destroy it. There's nothing minor about it. Ever since End Times GW has retconned everything in the favor of Chaos.
>facepalm.gif

I was talking about the old EoT campaign which Chaos won. If GW went with the results instead of rewriting it to be a minor victory the galaxy would be in a similar state that it is now.

>You mean they one fight they had in which they lost horribly

Nope, the Daemonkin has at least 3 fights against the Tyranids which ended with Chaos curbstomping the nids.

The Coven supp has daemons invading the ships of a tendril of Leviathan and then ripping the tendril apart.

>Sure and that's why where ever they go they block out the warp like the nids

They can do better than that. They can create Warpstorms which Tyranids dare not enter.

>Source: my ass

Source is the 5th ED main rulebook. The Tyranid introduction page, you newfag dumbass.

>And of course it could care less about what happened at octarius, but it's obviously a shock when it faced an enemy who it couldn't just just lots of shit at

Wow nice opinion you got here. Would be nice if you can back it up with lore

>Wow nice opinion you got here. Would be nice if you can back it up with lore

That sums up literally all of your posts.

Except I gave citations and prepared to even copypaste them from the digital books that I have with me right now.

Try again, dumbass.

>gave citations

No, you didn't.

>gave digital books

No, except for a single excerpt talking about how if the Emperor falls then Chaos will win, which is still not even remotely close to anything you've claimed, Chaosfag.

And even then, the whole problem at hand is Chaos wins too much because of GW's shit writing and basically hitting a button that lets them win because of some bullshit story of muh nihilism and muh chaos never loses that didn't exist in either Warhammer universe until the last 10 years or so. Pointing to new books where Chaos wins isn't proving your point, it's proving ours.

Iirc that's how many galaxies they've consumed, so they must be bigger

Doesn't current lore state that nearly all Orks are immune to chaos due to their single-mindedness? Seems to me that if Orks are resistant Tyranids are nearly impossible to fuck with since literally all they care for is food.

Except I did. I gave codex and novel names.

> which is still not even remotely close to anything you've claimed

The claim that Chaos does not require life to exist? Read the piece again.

"All life will end". Eat a dick, you illiterate waste of space.

If the Emperor dies.

Chaos is still not infinite and still not all powerful. Sorry, sport. Hey, look on the bright side: GW's only getting worse, so I'm sure in the next codex they'll say Slaanesh is raping the Emperor and Chaos is winning, so maybe then you'll be happy. They might even include a Green Day album with the codex. Wouldn't that be super for you?

>Doesn't current lore state that nearly all Orks are immune to chaos due to their single-mindedness?

No, in fact Orks have fallen to Chaos in recent fluff (Angron's Monolith, CSM 6th ED codex "Green Death").

>Tyranids are nearly impossible to fuck with since literally all they care for is food.

Storm of Iron has a Tyranid Hiveship infected with the taint of Chaos and dragged to the Eye where sorcerers and warpsmiths took turns breaking its psychic defences and converting it to a titan landing ship.

The novel "Daemon World" has Slaaneshi warband having enslaved Tyranid monsters working the bone mines.

>Using novels as sources
Who could forget such miraculous tales such as when a space marine in terminator armour single handedly picked up a one ton lictor, through it with one hand and threw bullets at it with the other killing it

Terminator does alot but picking up a one ton lictor with one hand isn't one of them

>Chaos is still not infinite and still not all powerful.

Yes, it is.

>If the Emperor dies.

Not even that. The new lore says that the Pylons are the only things keeping the Warp from devouring the galaxy.

And motherfucker how is this relevant to the fact that Chaos doesn't need life to exist? Emperor dies and the Chaos Gods erase the galaxy from existence including all life in it. Guess what? Only Chaos will remain forever.

Upon rereading i have just realised that he was in fact just curious George a gun and not throwing bullets, the lictor throw is still bs thougn

>the new lore

Which is exactly what we're arguing about

Exactly what we're saying sucks

You baiting motherfucker.

This is the last (You) you'll get from me.

>Terminator does alot but picking up a one ton lictor with one hand isn't one of them

I dunno about that Terminators grant a lot of strength and come marines are especially strong.

And it's not like a unique thing even. A Lychguard grabbed a Lictor by the back and lifted him up before ripping out its spine.

Nice deflection there. You didn't address the main point that Chaos doesn't require life.

You lost. Good riddance

Anything by Black Library has a 95/5 shot of either being schlocky fanwank or genuinely good literature.

>All editions to 8th ED has lore saying that Chaos was going to win. Even the main rulebooks.
Prove it.

He's baiting hard.

He's just gonna reply saying "WELL I READ IT SO THAT'S ALL THE CITATION YOU NEED YOU LOSE"

He hates nids though, fuck they didn't even get a 7th edition codex