Segwit2x December 28th

Isn't this gonna be putting a damper on any BCH flippening? People are gonna wanna hold BTC to get the S2x coins that are finally coming, especially since BCH only really pumped up when S2x was "cancelled".

financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ultimate-comeback-bitcoins-segwit2x-fork-scheduled-december-‎‎28/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

b2x-segwit.io
youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
youtu.be/hO176mdSTG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Fuck... BCH is raping us and none of the shitcoin forks are confusing noobs, what the fuck do we do???

>lets bring back a redundant hard fork and hopefully people will forget all about bitcoin cash!

Etherdelta is already buying BZC for 5x ICO price faggots.

this, fuck kikestream

So you corecucks have already reached the bargaining stage? Nice. Still not touching your bankcoin with a 10-feet stick tho. You can choke on it.

accounting nightmare, and security nightmare... BCH for days. the fork is basically creating BCH.

They're taking satoshis coins. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

its so much easier to persuade normies bitcoin CASH vs "swewgick2x86" or whatever

Why are they stealing Satoshi's coins?

kikestream hates bitcoin and they hate satoshi and what he stood for

I'm not even on "Core's side", I'm just a day trader wondering how this fork will effect prices. it looked like BCH was really gonna gain ground this time because of the high fees but if this fork is coming soon people are gonna want to get back into BTC for free shit again.

That's seriously fucking disgusting.

It's been like 200 forks. What is one more, specially when is a shitty, discarded as redundant one?
They should try, by all means. When it gets dumped it will only strenghten BCH.

I agree, except this one was the most anticipated and it getting cancelled was why people starting caring BCH. So it might be a bit different then all these Gold/Diamond/whatever shitcoins.

>They're taking satoshis coins
How?

They make the rules

They're stealing Satoshi's coins. I won't put one fucking cent into this king of shitcoins.

No, like what does the transaction that steals his coins look like?
Is there some change to how genesis blocks work?

b2x-segwit.io

I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project

They just change the ledger on the fork block and everyone rolls with it.

You can do this right now too except you will just get orphaned. The difference is everyone will be running this updated ledger.

They’ve been after Satoshi’s coins for a while.

They can eat a fucking dick.

youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
28:50

“I think Satoshi’s a sellout”
“And I think that he could burn his private keys now and not risk the future economy of the world , with an unknown party holding 10% of it”
“Who may have given those keys to his kid, and his kid might be the next HITLER”
“Or he may have gotten a mental illness and gotten whacky himself”
“Or he has some other socially dangerous beliefs”
“He’s a variable that we’re unaware of”
“He could just burn his keys”
“He could be renouncing his control of his keys but he’s not.”
“Which means he’s either a bitch or he’s dead”
“Those are the only two options I’m aware of”

- Bitcoin core dev

That's possible, but I haven't seen anything to back that up. Least of all any code.

Transactions like this mean it's definitively not bitcoin though. If they just gave coins to addresses when mining, that'd be fine.

cashies are so trash , you know OP has a legitimate point

NOT REALLY > LOOK PAST THE OBVIOUS...

>If they just gave coins to addresses when mining, that'd be fine.
No it fucking wouldn't. They're his coins. He can be the world's first trillionaire for all I give a fuck. Don't steal from people you nigger.

Fuck you scumbag and fuck your theft coin.

I promise that all BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the ratio of 1 to 1, but also a proportional number of Satoshi Nakamoto`s Bitcoins as a reward for their commitment to progress.

Jaap Terlouw, Founder of the project

Once they set this precedent, if corecucks actually follow it, anyone’s coins will be game for theft.

Your money isn’t safe in Segwit 2x or corecuck.

I meant from the mining reward, dinkus.

Even then, it's totally not theft, because Nakamoto still owns those coins on the original blockchain that is bitcoin. I care less about "stealing" coins than I do about a blockchain that accepts transactions that would steal coins as a matter of design. (Like ethereum)

Bitcoin hasn't been bitcoin since the blocks were filled

Why not?
Ideally, link to posts by satoshi about what bitcoin needs to be considered bitcoin.

You’re literally braindead.

Go jump off a bridge or run into the highway.

I am a BTCfag. I am not okay with this theftcoin and will not be following the fork. Don't lump us all in with those criminals.

No, fuck you. It's not okay. Consider if they took your coins and gave them to some gibsmedat niggers. You probably wouldn't like it either.

Segwit was designed so that coins could be stolen at will.

Why the hell are you a corecuck?

Please watch.

youtu.be/hO176mdSTG0

>No, fuck you. It's not okay. Consider if they took your coins and gave them to some gibsmedat niggers. You probably wouldn't like it either.
Anyone can fork bitcoin, and do anything with the existing ledger.
e.g. if the bitcoin cash fork meant that whatever bitcoin cash I would have owned got given away, I just don't have any new crypto currency. I'd still have BTC.

>Segwit was designed so that coins could be stolen at will.
How?

Like, show me the code.

Just end yourself.

The world would be better off.

I'll watch the video, and I'm sure I already know what it's on about (decoupling), but "Chief Scientist of Bitcoin Unlimited" sure isn't bringing this video off to a good start. As for why I'm a corefag it's because I think Lightning is the most promising solution the cryptocurrency community has at the moment.

Not sure he seems fairly rational to me.

Following the whitepaper of bitcoin would be a really good start

I'm aware. That doesn't make it okay. They are targeting a specific person, and that person happens to be the one that introduced cryptocurrencies to the world. So aside from it being theft, and theft being reprehensible, it's theft from a person we should all respect.

How do they not do that?
I assume you mean things that the whitepaper expressly forbids, rather than things it just doesn't cover.

They don’t respect Satoshi.

They hate Satoshi with all their ability and with every breath think of ways to steal his coins.

youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
28:50

Not increasing the blocksize
Introducing segwit
second layer is questionable but not really a deal breaker.
It's a peer to peer cash system, how are 30 dollar fees a proper implementation of that?

segwit only allows people to steal your coins if they have 51% hashrate, and at that point they can already 51% attack the network
I'd be far more concerned about a nigger breaking into my house and robbing me

Where are each of those in the whitepaper?
Increasing the block size is questionable with regard to it being peer to peer. Although, I've seen both sides of the argument.

I've seen that video already. I don't trust Ver either, which is why I don't trust Bcash. He already has the idea of having more hard forks in the future, which I think destabilizes his coin and promotes a nebulous future. Hard forks should not be taken lightly, specifically because people can use them to do fucked up shit like steal Satoshi's coins.

wtf are they on about

how does 10% of the world's store of value make a hilter? I think you need a little more than just money

>open new segwit2x bitcoin client
>import your pre fork wallet
>get your private keys stolen

now your bitcoins are really stolen!

honestly its because they know Craig Wright is Satoshi, who supports Bitcoin Cash and they know they are going to be fucked if he dumps his segwitcoins

Either you have hardforks that can sustain multiple points of failure or a consensus chain that if fails, everything fails. It seems to me that
a darwinistic model would eventually produce the better coin as it’s the only mechanism that we know improves fitness in the real world.

>Craig Wright is Satoshi
Craig Wright is a LARPer.

oh wow look another shit fork

Not even hashrate. They'd have to get pretty much all nodes on the network to downgrade to downgrade to non-segwit-validating node sofware (i.e. pre 0.13.1). Even if the miners collude and stop following segwit rules, the blocks would still not be accepted as valid by the network.

>just because it says no segwit in the whitepaper doesn't mean we can't do it
You seem far more malicious then curious.

5. Network
The steps to run the network are as follows:
1) New transactions are broadcast to all nodes.
2) Each node collects new transactions into a block.
3) Each node works on finding a difficult proof-of-work for its block.
4) When a node finds a proof-of-work, it broadcasts the block to all nodes.
5) Nodes accept the block only if all transactions in it are valid and not already spent.
6) Nodes express their acceptance of the block by working on creating the next block in the
chain, using the hash of the accepted block as the previous hash.
The two lie hand in hand with this definition.

They’re psychopathic animals that have no respect for anything or believe in any rule of law. That’s mainly why I grew to dislike Core and its supporters. Even if the all the devs aren’t inherently evil the supporters are so brainwashed that they would consent to coin theft like the idiot in this thread.

I don't trust survival of the fittest when financials are involved. Specifically, I don't trust Bcash because I think it's a money grab.

lol sure thing faggot, see you in 2020 when the Tulip trust is released

I'll take Gavin's word over some NEET neckbeard autist on a Peruvian llama-shaving imageboard

>You seem far more malicious then curious.
No, just curious. Lots of different opinions out there, and yours may be more right than mine.

What part of that means no segwit? I get that it changes the reference implementation to implement segwit, but there were protocol changing updates while he was still around.

If craigs satoshi we're gonna find out after corefags rush to 2x.

A protocol update is different from a completely new protocol.

Again, I'm going to ask you to be more specific.

>I don't trust Bcash because I think it's a money grab.
I don't trust it either but I had pre-fork coins that are just sitting there and doubling.
I really want to dump it but I have no idea when.

It’s pretty simple. If the coins are exploitable they will fail. If you have coins before fork, you’ll have coins after fork. Unless they try to steal them from you.

I don’t see any problem with having forks compete for hash.

To me it seems the only reasonable way to produce a crypto that is resilient.

Even if he is Satoshi, and he's not, he's STILL a LARPer because he would be LARPing as a fucking Japanese person for some reason.

I'm a complete noob, only got into crypto a month ago
Is the time of the fork set in stone? How do we know when exactly the fork is going to happen? Do I get the new coin if my BTC is in an exchange wallet, or does it have to be in my own wallet?

The snapshot already happened. S2x coins exist already. They just will be putting the mainnet online.

No

Bitcoin is already resilient. And once we have Lightning we'll have better interchangeability between other SegWit coins via atomic swaps. Because of that, Bcash will be one of the coins that fails.

If your coins are on exchange you’ll probably get the fork if it has any value a couple months after the fork.

If the miners boycott it and it has no value, you probably won’t get it on exchange.

Sure buddy.

It’s resilient and fees went up 10x in the last month and memepool is filling up rapidly.

Are you a rational person?

When was the snapshot?

Once Lightning is available that congestion will cease to exist. And it will be done without a hard fork.

Good thing we have bitcoin cash because they started making all these radical changes.

Now we’ll see which coin is superior

citation please

I think it's gonna be the one with an increased blocksize and second layers as an opt in.

Before

I honestly almost hope that Satoshi is some supervillain and will set the world ablaze.

And stolen coins?

>Good thing we have bitcoin cash because they started making all these radical changes.
They're not really radical changes. They're both optional and they're both done without a hard fork. Forking the blockchain is a radical change.

LN is coming to BCH

lol bitcoin has hardforked numerous times over the years, gtfo newfag

Forking the blockchain is the only way we will know if their coding is superior to the original or not.

Have you brainlets taken any evolutionary biology courses?

We’ll see about that, brainlet.

Not without consensus.

You don't need to run code to know it's bad.

So if I keep it in, say, my Bread wallet, I'll suddenly get a new coin in there? With a name and everything? What's the new coin called?

>contentious soft forks being less dangerous than contentious hard forks

Yes, they are less dangerous. You don't have to use SegWit or LN with BTC.

It's completely opt in you fucking faggot you don't need segwit to have second layer solutions.

No, you have your private key which you can use on any fork unless they steal it from you, which is what they’re doing with this fork.

You may have it, you might not. No one knows.

I don’t care what it is. Let’s see what the fees will be like outside of your little LN.

SegWit is opt-in and you didn't even have to make a scamcoin to get it.

Then how would you describe the current situation with S2X and Bitcoin cash? Also yes changing the protocol wasn't an opt in feature. Making bitcoin a banker coin with 30 dollar fees and likely hundred dollar fees by the time LN comes out doesn't make it optional.

It cracks me up to see people post "the lightning network will fix it!".
You might have missed the part where lightning network has been "almost ready!" for years.
You might have also not actually read into the details of it at all. Cause if you did you'd realize it makes 0 sense economically, recreates banks 2.0, and gets rid of any real meaning to decentralization.
And if you really did any research, you'd realize bigger blocks are, and always were the primary scaling solution.

So keep your segwit coins, I’ll keep my satoshi coins in the form of Bitcoin Cash.

BITCOIN CASH + LN OPT IN. ONCHAIN SCALING AND SECOND LAYER SCALING. Holy fuck I can see why core faggots can get angry sometimes.

>congestion will cease to exist
So will decentralization. I would might as well use a bank.

I don’t care if it’s opt in or not.

Let’s see what the FEE’S will be like outside of the LN.

Very low. Congestion will be gone on the blockchain, since everyone will be using LN because it's instant, private, and supports hundreds of thousands of transactions per second.

Yes, it is still optional. High fees doesn't make it not optional. You get to choose whether you use SegWit or not. That's optional you mong.

>So will decentralization
Anyone can run a Lightning node.

On bch? Fractions of a penny. You can choose to use LN or not if it suits you. That's what opt in is are you completely fucked?