Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1462: OH SHIT GET THE FUCK OUT Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garzey's_Wing
youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I
youtube.com/watch?v=l8o5fxnDUjs
youtube.com/watch?v=fFBWQ6T9gFc
youtube.com/watch?v=CIj2Pi4whbw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9055dqYAU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8
Do you have fire safety in your house or living space?

Its not normal gold its nazi gold. Thats made with hundreds of thousands of angry lost jewish souls packed in. Tbink of the magical oomph that stuff packs!

Recruit the B&B unit in MGS? Good idea or best idea?

T̺̫̥̜̜̲͎͟h̷̟̮͚͘e͚̗̜͓̫̲͜ ̸͕p̻̞̭̙͠r̠͖̖̫̦̺͔̤ͅo̮̯͇͡͝p̴͇̱̞̖̩̘̭͓͟h̸̸͕̦͙̫̞̱e̖̖̰̼̰̠̹͢͡s̷̟̹̲̥̬̞̱͢͜y̵̲̟̞̬̻ ͕̮̪̣̙̹i̵̢̬̜̘̖̝̜̘ṣ̣̹͈͕͈͖͙͡͝ ̶̙̖̪̣̲̰̩͙͎f̣̘̬͚͙͠ư̱͉̣̳͓ḷ̜̯͢f̢̨̮͓̜͙̙͔̞̠͈i̘͓̻͖̰l̶̷͍̻̫̮͎̝͎ļ̺̠͟͢e̶̞͎d̤͇̞̮͝
̧͙͖͚͟͡
̛͇̻̲̼̮̲͔̝S̡̩̳ẖ̶͇̰͡e̬̼̜͚͇͜͟ͅ ͍͎̱̼͕̞l̨̛͚̯͍i̸̧̨̥͈̫̠v̢̼͕̦͘ͅȩ͚̫͎̞̪ͅş̷̝̖ ̻͓̜͚̰͇͜ͅͅś̻͓̣̝̻̳ẖ͚̘̙͎e̸͖̱̻͚̗̺̙͖͘͡ ̢͎̦͓l̳̦i̵̧̦̩͎̬̹͜v̶̢͔̮̭͖̦̝͉̟̪e̶̝͉̮̝̤͙͎̻̝s̢̥̗̖͞ ̴̤̺̪̞͉͞s̟̗̘̭̠͕̗̀͝ḥ̱̠͚̰͉̼́͟e̪̳͍̱͠ ̩̙͡͞l̛͔̪̞͎̯̬i͎͓̱̞͍v̷͍̖̜̘̙͍͕͇͝è̢͉̳̣̦̜̯̫̤s̷̢̛̯̼̳̜͚̦̞ ̝͟s̹̜̰̼̘͝h͉̳͓̜̠̘̜̯͘͟͡e̶̯̤̪͇̱̱̣̺͞ ̩̝͢l͍̗͘ͅi̸̻̙̠͜͜v̷̜͓́e̥̩͕̭ş̶̟̕ͅ

Rolled 275 (1d816)

Alright, following several conversations last thread, let me try to kick off this thread by attempting one of the ideas brought up "Rolling for a random Jump and trying to start an involved conversation about it." Please tell me I didn't forget how to roll properly.

>275
>Garzey's Wing
Just... roll again. Quickly. Before someone notices.

Fantastic, I didn't fuck up, and the result of the roll I didn't fuck up was "Garzey's Wing"! Now, does anyone have the foggiest idea what Garzey's wing is? I've literally never heard of this before.

Rolled 307 (1d816)

Sure thing user! What the hell is it?

>Garzey's Wing

It's a shame there isn't an option to keep Giffany as a companion in Gravity Falls. Maybe a slightly calmer version of Giffany anyway.

You can keep her as a companion if you take her drawback.

Garzey's Wing is a...passable anime that is infamous for having a rather poorly hilarious dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I

Generic Magical Girl? Huh. Fair enough. In that case, what was your magical girl team themed on, NuBee?

It's a Jump of a three episode anime OVA that was widely considered a flop by just about everybody. I've never seen it, but basic research makes it look pretty bad.

Generic Magical Girl? That's something to work with at least.

Sure there is. You take her Drawback and if you survive it, you have the chance to calm her down a little and also Companion her.

Aaaand I forgot my pic.

The new result is one of Jumpchain's all time classics, Generic Magical Girl!

The last time I went was a long time ago and we were based on animals, user! I went with bat stuff. How about you?

And now I'm glad I rerolled!

Oh yeah I missed that as that bit is on the other page.

Has anyone actually taken her?

why is google telling me this page is in Vietnamese and needs to be translated?

I'd been to Neptunia and was a CPU at that point, so I decided to go for video games. This was not even slightly redundant at all.[/Blatant lies][/pic related]

The Zalgo text, I think. That's what it catches when I hit 'yes', anyway.

Tôi không biết.

That all depends on your morals and capabilities. If you want B&B in all their craziness, go ahead, assuming you have enough money/charisma/ mind control perks to make them give you the time of day.

If you're the more upstanding sort, I hope you have enough therapy/ charisma perks to un-crazy them. Although, doing so will probably half their effectiveness.

All things considered, B&B is only such a massive threat in the games because their going against one old man (genetics notwithstanding). They are only a threat to a competent jumper if you don't know their gimmicks.

All things considered, none of them are that useful without their gear, so I'd say it's not worth the effort.

Why is this redundant?

Huh. Alright then.

Oh you dick.

For those unfamiliar with Generic Magical Girl, it's well known for quite a few things despite its name. It was among the very first generic Jumps and just stupid old in general.

Although old, it's still notable for a few options that have persisted in being useful and/or silly. Generic Magical Girl featured several of the original redemption perks in Jumpchain, including Aggregate Impact Psychotherapy, as well as Magical Purification Blast. Aggregate Impact Psychotherapy often competed with the similar perk from Naruto, but was mostly agreed upon as the better perk for the purposes of "redemption" as you were beating the evil out of people instead of simply earning their loyalty.

Generic Magical Girl is also well known for one of the silliest companion options in all of Jumpchain "Extra Allies!" Due to the mechanics of Extra Allies! giving you an escalating number of companions with each purchase, a build that focuses on dumping every point you have into it can net you literally billions of magical girls!

This is as absurd as it is useless in most Jumps we have due to the way companion rules work, and causes you to enter stupid hard Dante Must Die levels of difficulty since the larger your team, the more powerful your enemies here. That said, the Jumps that allow you to bring as many companions as you want allow you to literally populate entire worlds with your "Pink Tide."

Haha. Glad to see someone taking the discussion thing seriously.

The Neptunia girls are already teenage girls with magic who transform into superpowered forms with more magic, then use the power of friendship (Well, technically faith, but as of Victory, friendship seems to be good enough) to beat up evil.

I've wanted to in both of my chains, but I've hit it at bad times. In my first chain I was wearing so much tech by the time I hit Gravity Falls that if Giffany had gotten her hands on any of it, she could have ended the world. So I erred on the side of caution.

For Restarted Chain, I went to Gravity Falls at Jump 7. I didn't think trying to battle Giffany with basically NO technological ability was a great idea either.

She would make a great companion for Dan Gerous in the Glitch Chain though.
That had some possibilities.

I haven't been yet, but I'll probably default to Kamen Rider outfits. Build little Cosmic Switch Wands infused with the power of Friendship and some positive emotion.

Kamen Rider Hope! Bright pink outfit with the ability to banish fear and shoot heart beams to vanquish bad guys!

Kamen Rider Joy! Yellow as sunshine and twice as bright! Her sunshine powers will give you a killer tan!

Kamen Rider Serenity! Blue/Green like the ocean on a windless day. Calming down angry spirits is her specialty.

And of course the bad guys would be regular people possessed by extremes of negative emotions, pushed over the edge by the manipulations of the Black Witch and given power.

I do like this Jump discussion idea for kicking off threads.

I'm trying that "be the change you want to see in the world" thing since I want people to have a more pleasant experience around here. I think I chose a bad time to start this since it's still morning here, and on a week day.

>being the magical girl
>not creating the magical girls

Something something CONTRACTS something something that darn cat one more time.

This is a wonderful glimpse into the history of jumpchain.

But how do you make the magical girls?

Kamen Rider Magical Girls/Boys huh. . .so. . .would your team be known, beloved and/or feared far and wide as "Kamen Rider Love Bugs"?

Thanks! I got lucky with this one since I'm more familiar with older Jumps than newer Jumps, but I hope people with different types of expertise will join in on future conversations about future Jumps.

Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

Daily reminder that henshin-ing toku heroes like Kamen Riders are basically male magical girls.

>Kamen Rider Love Bugs
>MFW
youtube.com/watch?v=l8o5fxnDUjs

I'm totally using that name now.

Well.

You're not wrong.

Speak of, anyone want some more writefaggotry today? Gaim is next and boy fucking howdy do I have material for that.

Fuck I forgot my picture, I need to remember these.

No user, what you're looking for is "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!"

>when you remember people asked for that Jump
>and then he actually did it, the absolute madman

Oh my what a good atmosphere! Yay for good atmosphere!

Changelog
1. Trying out a different placement for title cards and such. Tell me if you guys like this placement as it's trying to make use of White Space like some helpful user asked me to do.
2. Spellcheck, Spellcheck, Spellcheck
3. fixed a few minor issues such as comma placement and capitalization.

Hope you guys like it!

Anyone working on a Samurai Gourmet jump?

youtube.com/watch?v=fFBWQ6T9gFc

Well let's see...

I got Starseed Awakening, the Symphogear tech-tree, pretty much all the methods of making henshin devices from the various Kamen Riders, the Drop-In line in Madoka: Wraiths...

I KNOW I'm forgetting some.

Okay, clearly Madoka - Wraith Timeline to pick up Kyubey form through the drawback and basic magical-girl creation though Incubator of the Soul.

Next, swing by Nanoha and pick up Device Meister and either the potion or the Belkan capstone to give people linker cores (potion through potion drinking, Belkan capstone through genetic engineering).

Neptunia's got CPU Memory for creation of CPU's.

Hero Union BBS has a canon magical girl, you can probably nag her 'mentors' into teaching you how to make more.

If that's not enough, swing by D&D and pick up some wizard levels. Make a new spellbook, but put in nothing but buff spells and a high level attack spell, possibly with instructions for learning an appropriate Reserve Feat. Buffing up is now the transformation sequence- the attack spell is their finishing move, the Reserve Feat lets them do lower-level, 'normal' blasting.

Also the ones mentioned .

Clearly the proper course of action is to do /all/ of these, then unleash every single type of magical girl into the world, give each of the a "Great Evil" to defeat, and then not tell them about each other. This will most definitely not go wrong in any way at all whatsoever.

Goddamnit- forgot my pic. AGAIN.

>Speak of, anyone want some more writefaggotry today? Gaim is next and boy fucking howdy do I have material for that.

Can't wait bro

>Nanoha
>Neptunia

Shit, I knew I forgot some. Thank you.

I'd say keep all the perk titles left-aligned. The ones near the front are centered, and they're not as easy to pick out.

Yeah this draft is experimenting with that. So the title card text is solid?

I don't know how many of these count but here you go.

If you're responsible for that list, Shaman king has a perk that causes side characters to develop into main characters.

Not sure if that counts.

I have a copy of my own, but I'm not going to claim to be the user who started it. I will tend to it, but don't expect constant updates. I mean this thing is thorough in my opinion.

>So the title card text is solid?
Might want to take a look at the last sentence:
>So many things are coming to light and old
grudges are being settled wholesale and into this world you have entered.

I am not sure if they count as a magical girl, but there's an item in Heaven's Lost Property that can turn people into robots (with consent), of which includes attack robots if you want to buff them.

If you don't mind killing magical entities, you could also kill something and make magicite (From FF6) out of it to give people. With enough usage, someone could gain some of their powers or at least a portion of it.

How is neptunia on the waifu front?

>Moth Rider Stables

Alright then how about this.

Changelog.
1. Perk and Item title cards left side.
2. Got the minor edit in the intro, thanks user.
3. Caught a minor thing and managed to get the Drawbacks to stay on it's page.

How's it look now?

Glad you like it.

Nice to see hou enjoy being ridden hard and put up in a stable.

Jump 21: Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 2.5
Origin: Beat Rider
Perks:
Bust A Move
Dancing To Your Own Beat
Through the Grapevine [900]
Just Live More [700]
Ranbu Escalation [400]
Never Surrender [100]

Items:
Sengoku Driver - Combine with previous Driver [0]
Fruits Basket - Melon, Walnut
Throwing Cards
Triumphant Tales [0i] - Melon

Drawbacks:
Fruits of the Past

youtube.com/watch?v=CIj2Pi4whbw

>"Don't call me an Armored Rider, and don't think I'm part of your schemes! I'm a Kamen Rider, first and always!"

I started off with a splitting headache as context and memories filled my mind. This time, instead of a wandering samaritan without a past or an orphan without ties, I was a Beat Rider. I was, in all considerations, a normal person just out of school trying to find work in Zawame City. I was a street dancer, part of a little gang, too.

A gang called Team Gaim.

I was so disoriented by adjusting to my 'old self's life' that I didn't immediately realize where I was until I heard that our leader, Yuuya, had gone missing and there was a certain black device on my person…and it still had the Hand Auror and Medal slots of my previous Drivers. I then knew where I was and what I had to do.

…it's strange. I was never a fan of this place, or the people involved. They disgust and bother me so much I think it makes me a little sick. But the 'me' of this world was the friend and confidant of Team Gaim. Kouta, Mai, Micchy, everyone else…they were my long-time friends in this world. Even knowing what will happen and what a fucking horrible person Micchy will turn into as time goes on, a part of me feels ill at the idea of just abandoning them. And it's too strong for me to ignore.

Maybe that's why I started out the way I did.

I'm just pointing at things with an inbuilt transformation sequence, myself, don't know if those count?

Though that reminds me that I could probably add Anima summoners and Ki users to the list. Summoners through Incarnation, and Ki Users through one of the various "transformation" ki techniques.

I enjoy it, for what it's worth.
Neptune's a meme-spouting video game lover with no respect for the fourth wall.
Nepgear's competent and enjoys technology, but tends to get bullied by the plot.
Blanc is flat, tiny, and takes offense to anyone pointing it out, changing from a quiet girl who's fond of reading into a angry little ball of violence and vulgarity.
Rom and Ram are pranksters, though one's loud and brash about it, while the other's quiet and soft-spoken.
Vert has big boobs and stays up late playing MMOs. She's also a fan of yaoi. She /also/ sad that she doesn't have an adorable little sister.
Noire is a tsundere that doesn't have any friends, probably due to her tsundere nature and perfectionism. She's into cosplay.
Uni basically has a minor inferiority complex from hanging out with Noire too much, but is fond of sniper rifles.

That's just the Hyperdimension CPU's. The Makers and CPU's from other dimensions are a lot more diverse.

So... yeah. I can't really /answer/ your question, but hopefully that helped?

I walked into the fruit shop one day, over to the little corner where Sid was. He greeted me with a smug little grin, as he did all of his 'customers'. "Well…what can I help you with?" He asked, his hand on the briefcase full of Lockseeds…and a single Sengoku Driver.

I drew the Peacemaker and shot him in the face three times. Screams echoed into the fruitshop as people ran away in a loud panic as Sid's body fell and hit the ground. I took the briefcase and ran. It wasn't long before I heard sirens approaching, and Yggdrasil declared a manhunt for the murderer in question. That didn't matter. I knew all the best places to hide and move.

I wonder what the expression on Ryouma and Takatora's faces looked like when they heard Sid had been shot by a 19-year-old Team Gaim member without any rhyme or reason? Some part of me wishes I could have seen that. But it was too late to think about little amusements or subtlety. The gauntlet had been thrown down, and while I had stopped the Beat Riders from getting involved further, someone still had a Driver to use - Kouta. And he resolved to find me. To hunt me? I don't know, he's always been a gullible little bugger.

Jump #4God of Highschool
Drawbacks: Clone Troubles [+200], Become God [+200], Reincarnation.exe has had an error [+200]
+1600

Background: Drop-in
Race: Human
Power: Divine
Perks:
Getting you Started [Free]
It's time for a REVOLUTION [Free]
Heavenly Flight [Free]
Just a Senile Old man [Free]
Divine Form [Free]
Energy Absorption [Free] (Kinetic)
Jump Hui [Free]
Earnestness [1500]
Star Crossed Lovers [1300]
Holy Lineage [1200]
A most divine Constitution [1100]
Young Lord [800]
A new era of Martial Arts [500]
Items:
Healing Nanites [Free]
Bandanna Forever [Free]
Wisdom of the Sage [0]

I have no idea what's going on. Or what I'm doing. I just know I need to train. Train hard. HARD.

This is only my like 4th fucking jump prior jumps being Kairos, Fate [Being a Servant with like 2300cp worth of investment], and Harry Potter.

Where exactly am I on the power level scale? It's really hard to figure this shit out without going really deep in depth with the ...manga[web series?].

Don't even know if I built this right. Shit man long jumps are tedious to navigate without quick links

I'll give it an in-depth read and review, and get back to you.

Hey I'm sorry for splitting right after thread started but I'm real tired and the bed looks awful warm right now. Thank you guys for going along with the idea, it looks like some people had a pleasant experience with it. I'll leave the rest of the thread to all of your deserving hands. Have a nice day, good night. If somebody wants, maybe bring up a particular perk to shine the spotlight on as was discussed a little in the previous thread?

>Pulling Powers Out of Her Ass
>Majikoi
The best perk in the whole of Jumpchain. When paired with one of our infinite energy sources, it gives you literally Omnipotence.

And now this guy comes in to try and be a fucking asshole.

I had to make it convincing, so I made use of my new Sengoku Driver when Kouta resolved to fight me, with me making a show as if I had stolen the Driver and was using that, as opposed to the new one given to me by my benefactor. I did my best act of saying I was doing it for my own ambitions, and made a proper Rival Rider showing by fighting Kouta to keep up the act. I never went all-out on him. I just dropped some cryptic clues about Yggdrasil and Yuuya, saying that I was avenging our leader, before running off all dramatic like.

Naturally, I had gone from 'stupid late teen' to 'public enemy number one' almost overnight, and Yggdrasil didn't fuck around. Ryouma hadn't given up on his testing initiative even with the 'dealer' dead…a bounty had been posted for me, and a bunch of other dancers had been given Sengoku Drivers. Of note, Kaito still got his damned Driver and Lockseed, even with my efforts. Sagara also talked up the entire manhunt like a game, drawing more people to me. Of all the random Team members I fought, Kaito was the hardest one to put down without resorting to lethal force.

It didn't matter. Even ten-to-one, I could beat them all. You kids are a hundred years too early to beat me in a fight…!

I eventually learned Kouta wasn't fighting me for the bounty or even to steal back the Drivers I had stolen from the Invess game dealer. He reached out to me and pleaded, asking me to put my weapons away and explain myself. He was an idiot, but he was a good-hearted idiot, to the end. That moment of hesitation, naturally, was what Yggdrasil capitalized once it looked like I was tired. The New Generation Riders promptly ambushed the both of us, and I got hit with more than a few Sonic Arrows.

So Anons, if I take a Hero/Villain background(Sonic, Mario, etc) do I have to play that role throughout the jump or is that just what people best know me as?
Because I don't think I could take 10 years of black or white morality.

There they were. All in one place.

That's when I made my speech. That if they were going to sacrifice others for the greater good, then they had to be ready to practice what they preached. I told them I had killed Sid. I didn't say who I was or where I came from, or how much I knew. I told them I did it to avenge Yuuya and protect my friends. And while the dance teams were full of idiots I wanted to punch, they were -my- idiots and I wasn't going to let them use their half-hearted utilitarianism to hurt anyone else.

Mockingly, Ryouma asked if I thought I was some kind of hero for this.

"No. I can't call myself a hero," I replied. "Because I'm the Jumper. The Destroyer of Worlds." I drew the Triumphant Melon Lockseed, earning a double-take from my opponents. "And I'll destroy the world where you think such cruel things are the only reality…!" And then I transformed.

>"Kachidoki Arms! The Will of Heaven defined, Ei, Ei, Ooooh!"

"I will stop you…and the Helheim!"

Of course, it wasn't just theatrics that I was announcing that for. It was so Takatora would realize what my true goals were. Just enough to make him hesitate when I needed him to.

It's funny how you guys get ass-blasted at Patch Notes from Rainbow Six because it doesn't fit/goes far beyond the setting's power-level, but ignore how a perk based on someone with known limits which gives you Omnipotence is equally beyond the bounds of the setting when the most powerful people are at most planetbusting.

I never really played it like that, but I do give my jumpers the appropriate backstory. It's funny to watch everyone react to a former villain spontaneously do nice things and help out the heroes.

changes to my build.

hey, is cities and appropriate land type to draw Mana from with symbolic link or Should I replace that with something else?

>help out the heroes.
Why?

Every time you say the word omnipotence, I picture a baby puking up cereal in a highchair. It's involuntary and I don't know what's happening.

I don't comprehend the question. I help out the heroes because typically the villain is doing something bad, so I have to stop it. I only go villain because I like the perks or because I feel it something about the origin itself would make an interesting story or both.

>Jumper attempt to use the "big boobs" technique on the resident flatty
>Jumper pushes themself to the limit and still can't muster enough ki to affect her

Are you asking if you can gain Mana from Cities aligned with the appropriate color if you chose the Land type and have Cities as a Symbolic Link banchô-user? No offense meant but that question was worded oddly and I don't know what exactly you are asking. The above is how I am interpritting it but I know you use Speech to Text so I thought to ask before making rulings out of hand.

I cannot remember didn't Momoyo try that before?

I don't see why you would. It's just the history you've been thrust into. Most people would know you as a hero or villain, but you're not required to act that was unless you take a Drawback or something.

I mean, if you want to play along, you should probably act in character. At least at first. Then you can slowly change over time or engineer some kind of "Epiphany Moment" where a drastic change in attitude seems appropriate.

you know, I'd say you're being edgy, but I did the same thing with the guy distributing Gaia memories. as well as Phillip's entire "family" So I can't really speak on that matter.

and now you're being edgy,this is one time even I can see your treating the symptoms and not the cause, you need to go after Yggdrasil directly and make this whole rider thing unprofitable to them, also scare off the DJ, that's the important part.

no I'm asking if I can Choose cities as a Mana source in and of themselves,I'm thinking I could get colorless Mana out of them or something.

You know, this makes me want to do a Magical Girl Dragonmark WriteJump. Just... picture it.

> Magical Girl Phiarlan!
ILLUSIONS! Dance! Performance!
> Magical Girl Cannith!
RUNEPUNK! Magical rifles, mechanical minions!
> Magical Girl Medani
ALL-SEEING EYES. Overwatch and fire support!
> Magical Girl Jorasco
MEDIIIC! Healing! Gourmet cooking! MOMMA BEAR.
> Magical Girl Kundarak!
WARDING! The mistress of barriers and sealing!
> Magical Girl Sivis!
COMMUNICATIONS! Sit-Rep and Keeper of Knowledge!
> AND MORRRRE!
Overseen, of course, by the KEEPER OF PROPHECIES, a cute, scholarly little dragon who led them against the DREAD DAELKYR, LORDS OF MADNESS, and the cursed ABERRANT MARKS.

The battle began, and while the Sonic Arrows of the new Riders were enough to make me stumble or flinch, I made short work of them and beat every one of them. I had over a century of fighting experience by now, and had them completely outclassed by virtue of the Lockseed alone. If you can imagine the amount of destruction and devastation a newbie like Kouta can do with the Triumphant Arms, imagine that in my hands, and you can imagine what a curbstomp this was.

During a moment before a Sonic Arrow hit me in the back, Kouta had deflected it. He said he had no idea what was going on, but whatever I was talking about, I was trying to look out for everyone. That's why he wouldn't abandon me, even in a situation like this. For a moment, the 'real' me felt appreciative of that. So we fought together. I didn't make any killing blows this time, just enough damage to send a message.

Naturally, Sagara stepped out of the shadows not long after the battle. He was curious about me, because of the Escalation I had made, and so suddenly. He dropped a not-so-subtle hint to me and Kouta that if I was so interested in 'stopping Helheim', a certain group of natives called the Overlords held the key to doing so. And handed us both the motorcyle Lockseeds and said he's all too happy to help.

This time, I had to play along. Saying I knew Sagara's identity on top of everything else was going to ruin what little momentum I could ride from all of this.

>so I have to stop it.
Except you don't. That's what the heroes are for; that's their destiny, and they've in a sense "already" proven they can get the job done. There are plenty of other people who could use your help, and generally "helping" them when they've largely got it taken care of just comes across as glory-hounding.

>The Kakuriyo, sometimes called the Reikai, is the spirit world where the kami dwell; its other half is that of the Utsushiyo where mortals live.
Utsushiyo is undefined, and the sentence reads as if half the spirit world is where mortals live. This explanation of the world BEFORE the part about war breaking out between the two would also make more sense.

>The war with the spirit realm has begun. In a world of mysticism and honor, the war is brewing.
Is war brewing, or has it begun? How about:

>So many things are coming to light and old grudges are being settled wholesale and into this world you have entered that the war has fallen into Chaos.
It's even more unclear as to what state the war is in. Brewing, beginning, or already occurring long enough to "fall into chaos"? Sticking to a POV that is looking forward to the war, and couching these things as warnings would make the most sense.

Here's what I have as a revision:

The world of Kamigawa, positioned far from any other world known to the Walkers, is governed by the interplay between the mortals and the kami, minor gods or spirits of the world. Together, the spirit and mortal realms form a great sphere that makes the whole of the world. The Kakuriyo, sometimes called the Reikai, is the spirit world where the kami dwell. the other half is the Utsushiyo, where mortals live.
However, you have come at a troubling time, dear Jumper. When a child of the supreme kami, O-Kagachi, was stolen away, the physical and spiritual worlds began preparing for war against each other in this world of mysticism and honor, filled with mysteries and depths yet to be properly understood.
Spirits have begun launching attacks against humans, and in the shadows a terror lurks just beyond sight. In the midst of this coming conflict, many things shall come to light, and old grudges settled in the chaos.

You should go to suggverse, you can get triple super omnipotence there.

Alright fuckos. STAND Challenge for you.

I'm giving one character in Fate/Stay Night this Stand youtube.com/watch?v=Y9055dqYAU0 - designate which character gets it, and what is the Stand's ability.

Yes I went with a goddamn English version, it sounds better to me. Sue me later.

You don't HAVE to do that, but you will have a history as being a Hero/Villain, which might make it difficult to change due to social pressure. Additionally, depending on how background memories work in your chain, you may be predisposed to continuing to be a Hero/Villain. Hell, depending on how lazy you are, you might even continue to play the role due to sheer momentum.

where can I go to integrate a beam weapon into a sword?

Okay? I mean I can help other people after I help the heroes. Helping the heroes and helping other people isn't mutually exclusive.

Also calling me a glory hound isn't much of an insult desu.

RWBY

>undefined
Sorry, meant "poorly defined".

>When a child of the supreme kami, O-Kagachi, was stolen away, the physical and spiritual worlds began preparing for war against each other in this world of mysticism and honor, filled with mysteries and depths yet to be properly understood.
I don't like this sentence in retrospect.
>When a child of the supreme kami, O-Kagachi, was stolen away, the physical and spiritual worlds began preparing for war against each other.
And then have at the end:
>Spirits have begun launching attacks against humans, and in the shadows a terror lurks just beyond sight. In the midst of this coming conflict, many things shall come to light, and old grudges settled in the chaos. In this world of mysticism and honor, filled with mysteries and depths yet to be properly understood, what will be your role?

>not the superior Wapanese original dub

reeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This sounds like the best idea ever and if I could shove money at you through a computer screen to fund it I totally would.

Hey, everybody has fun in different ways. And it's not always guaranteed that the world you Jump into is going to be the one where the heroes are guaranteed to win in the end. Coordinators and Drawbacks can and often do tweak things. At least in some chains. If they don't in yours, that's fine too.

I feel like people who want to use this power for combat are missing the potential. Like, it's super versatile, but the energy costs mean you're going to get a lot more mileage out of it if you use it as a scalpel instead of a sledgehammer.

>Using the "punch people through the internet" technique
>Using the "steal the prizes out of cereal boxes" technique
>Using the "cheat on tests" technique
>Using the "get the fucking loot RNG to give you what you actually want" technique

This user gets it.

>>Using the "punch people through the internet" technique

And like that I'm buying it.

now if only I could get this fucking thing in real life.

Ah no then. Ravnica itself is aligned with the various colors of Mana so I'll have to say no for now.

Firstly, thanks for the feedback.

Those quotes... Ouch yeah you're right I'm all over the place there.

This is a solid revision. Thanks and my I just yoink it wholesale?

Again, thanks for the feedback!

>implying anyone here bothers to see a perk beyond its biggaton application anymore
>implying anyone who tries to use a perk subtly won't get screamed at for limiting themselves or being weak

So I told Kouta that I had resolved to trust him. I told him what I knew of the Helheim and what Yggdrasil was planning through some made-up but plausible circumstance, and that I had been fighting to protect everyone. He complained about me going straight from 'protect everyone' to 'shoot Sid in the face' and gave me a stern what-the-hell speech about it and said that if I didn't have a good reason for it, he would've kicked my ass for it. I just laughed it off. Somehow, he did too, though he'd keep bringing it up whenever my decision-making process came up.

So, we'd venture into Helheim, where we didn't find Overlords but we found Kaito. We nearly came to blows before Kouta broke up the fight and we exchanged knowledge. Kaito, like his canon self, didn't seem terribly bothered about the whole world-eating forest thing and had gone hunting for more Lockseeds, wanting to turn Team Baron into an actual power on the streets, though his agenda changed once we mentioned the Overlords. I guess Ryouma hadn't yet considered him a useful pawn or proxy for his own schemes, which is why he had been working alone since the manhunt stalled out. So that's why we had Kamen Rider Baron tagging along, with me anticipating his sudden-but-inevitable betrayal.

Speaking of, we ran into Micchy, too! And that's where things began to go south.

okay that will not work then, is it okay if I use this update to change the city's link into theft?