Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1463: Once More With Feeling Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wfbq9MVL
warosu.org/tg/thread/S51617431#p51618453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jumpers! Tell me about your horticultural endeavors!

Also possibly recommend me some fantastical plants with everyday mundane uses?
Plants for food, fiber, wood, glowing plants for light; just looking for weird magical plants.
Or maybe just list a few plants that your particularly like.

I find it hilarious that you're thinking that Bolas isn't a threat. Bolas with access to magic is a monster, without his magic he's a 60' dragon but with his magic. Attacks that deal infinite damage? Pic Related, or it's equivalent blue or green spell. Magic? Counterspell. Bad Touch effects? Shroud.

I mean if you can manage to wait the dragon out anyone with a good head on their shoulders could do it Jump 1, however with magic he's a mid-late Jumper equivalent. I'm not saying he'll beat you, you're the only Jumper I know of who is fully up to date on all the Jumps to my knowledge, but he's going to hold out a while before his mana runs out. So play that up.

Let's say 6 or 7. You could theoretically reach 8 in the timespan your background would've been alive, but in practice that would be very, very unlikely.

>That doe girl on the bottom right, eyy.
Well, a Retinue would be included...

>Our own Household (thematics are difficult, but I imagine an option similar to the demon army in Infernals wouldn't be too crazy).
So that shouldn't be too much trouble, no.

>Freeholds, of course.
Of course. Also perhaps some Demesnes?

>Weird artifacts.
Mhm, yes. Just Grace-forged stuff, or even weirder things?

>Literally anything related to the Shinma/Pure Chaos/Beyond is something I'd like.
Shinma and Pure Chaos I can do. They don't really interact with the Beyond at all though, that's Oramus' thing. To the point that Laashe didn't even recognize the place.

>Either an option for being an Unshaped entirely, or a cheatyface way for developing your Graces into Noble Raksha without becoming an ambulant narrative entirely. Although being a place more than a visible person is something I really like.
Hm. Maybe. I'm not quite sure how I'd handle being an Unshaped though?

>second spoiler
Yes, they are.

Yup.

Nope. Not at all. Mortal Hero is probably the most dangerous without drawbacks, just for being Mortal and fated to encounter stuff.

But aside from that the order holds up relatively well, if you keep your head down.

Technically, yeah. Wouldn't benefit them much though.

Anyway, reposting Lunars for anyone who missed it.

...Huh, where'd my name go?

I've finally created Jumper Pun Pun.

Take Pulling Powers Out Her Ass(Majikoi). It can produce any effect if you can provide a scaling cost of spiritual energy for how strong and esoteric the effect is. Then just grab as many chi pool enhancers as you need to afford an instant duration ability whose effect is to create a permanent, natural increase to the size of your chi pool that stacks linearly with itself, then wait for your energy to replenish and do it again until you have enough to afford the real power you want to use. Using too much chi like this can kill you, so pick up a precognition power to double check that what you're trying won't kill you before you try it.

But that's the slow way. We can go faster. I will assume that we can never afford to use Pulling Powers Out Her Ass to create an ability that's exactly like Pulling Powers Out Her Ass but more efficient, nor a power that teaches you a power that costs less than it would normally or anything else that has to directly measure up to your constantly inflating stats, like powers that clone you, amplify your powers, or double your ki pool.

By Your Powers Combined(Captain Planet) with all upgrades allows you create a being with roughly 10x "a power, a skill, an ability, anything" you posses in exchange for temporarily losing half of it. Grab four random people and give Captain Suicide your Pulling Powers Out Her Ass power and your chi. Captain Suicide's job will be to create an instant duration ability which creates the largest possible permanent, natural increase to the target's chi pool that stacks linearly with itself, and then to kill himself by using that power on you. He'll have 10x as much chi to work with, and the end result will be 10x stronger than if you'd done it yourself.

Rolled for my first rollchain, it gave me 2 jumps that I wanted to never go to, The World Ends With You and Eclipse Phase. Why does my luck suck, out of 816 jumps it gives me them.

We want to summon Captain Suicide as often as possible, but each time we do we're cut down to half our original chi pool and need to regenerate it. Only Human(Majikoi) can regenerate your full chi pool in at most 2 hours, and so it will regenerate half in at most one hour. Dragonball Z offers a Hyberbolic Time Chamber that's 365x faster than on the outside, but only works one week followed by a month of inactivity and Frozen Ripple Lair(take Elder of the Pact, Exalted: Lunars) has a permanent 10x time differential with Essence 10, which we will achieve by having Captain Suicide create an Essence cap breaking Endowment Charm equivalent. That works out to at least 426 average summonings per day between the two. One of the first things you'll have Captain Suicide do is remove your need for sleep so you can keep summoning him all day.

But let's make him more efficient.

Circulation Magic(Elona) provides a 10% reduction to the cost of any "supernatural ability that draws from a limited pool of resources." We will transfer it to Captain Suicide. 10x a 10% reduction gives a 34.8% final cost for each ability he uses. We'll also pick up a Bracelet of Efficiency(Lost Odyssey) and hand it to him before he kills himself, cutting that by half to 17.4%.

We'll also make him stronger. Guitar Summoning(FlCL) increases all of your powers by 20%. Using your own guitar in summoning him, Captain Suicide now has 12x your chi pool and his powers are 12x as strong as yours would be. I assume that, since the perk says everyone has a guitar inside them, the guitar will always have a flat 20% increase no matter how good you are at pulling it out, avoiding infinite recursion loops of guitars. You can also pull the guitar out of his head and give it to him, increasing both to 14.4x instead. Now Captain Suicide effectively has 82.7x as much chi as you, and if he can generate a power at all it will be 14.4x stronger.

We're still thinking too small. We need more Captain Suicides.

Should've asked for suggestions. We would've taken real good care of you.

Avatar(Generic Creepypasta) and Heart and Soul + Descending Hierarchy(Exalted:Infernals) give three more people who can summon Captain Suicide as fast as you can at full power. Self Duplication(Teen Titans) creates one full power clone, one half power, one quarter power, etc. For ease of calculation, we'll ignore all extra clones. Pentacle(Bleach) creates four clones who are only 2/3rds as powerful. We will assume that clones created by any power can never create their own clones, or else you already have infinite copies of yourself. Cheat Mode(Minecraft) will create copies of the Bracelet of Effieciency for all of them.

We now have 4 82.7x chi and 14.4x power Captain Suicides and 4 55.1x chi and 9.6x power Captain Suicides every hour, though note that some of the weaker ones will have to expend their power healing the willpower drain your fetich souls are accruing until the Captain gets strong enough to create a technique that teaches you a technique to heal them that relies on mana instead of ki.

Is that it? No, there's one final improvement to the process. We first make a pit stop to grab Sacrificial Bestowment(SMT).

The Better Man(Nine to Five) is a companion with all your powers and gear, but at 1.5 times strength. Let's arbitarily assume that it doesn't increase the powers of his clones or increase the number of them he can make. We'll use Cheat Mode on his superior Efficiency Bracelet to hand out bracelets that cut ki use down to 37.5%. He'll give us his version of Circulation Magic (85.5% cost), By Your Powers Combined (15x buff) and Pulling Powers Out Her Ass(1.5x power) through Sacrificial Bestowment in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Let's assume they all overwrite my version instead of stacking. Further, since The Better Man's supernatural powers are locked as they were when we bought him, his ki pool will eventually be neglible against our own, so we can forget about his versions of Captain Suicide even though they're a huge boost at first.

The baseline power for Captain Suicide is (15 * 1.2(my guitar) * 1.2(Captain Suicide's guitar) * 1.5(Better Man's Pulling Powers Out Her Ass) = 32.4x as much power and (32.4 / .095(Better Man's Circulation Magic of .855 times 15) / .375 (Better Man's Efficiency Bracelet of .5 * 15) = 909.4x as much chi.

The final results are summoning 4 32.4x power and 909.4x ki, 4 21.6x power and 606.3x ki, and many weaker Captain Suicides.

Transcendence(Bleach) would allow us to combine two powers of similar origin to make them stronger, providing a boost to Captain Suicide's powers that I cannot provide a numerical calculation for, as would several other minor perks that provide generic boosts to powers.

Of note are Numeral of the Saint(any Fate/ jump) and Sunshine(Seven Deadly Sins) which might each triple your ki pool during certain parts of the day. Not included because I'm not certain either are guaranteed to do so. I'm also not sure if adding a rider of "...and this ability counts as magic" to take advantage of magic cost reducers, especially the Earring(Final Fantasy 6), would be worthwhile or if the increased cost for esotericness would overwhelm the savings.

That's it. I've done it. Jumpchain is now solved. Whenever you want to accomplish something, this combo is the answer. You're free now.

Okay, that was pretty amusing.

That's basically what rollchains are.

Here are some suggestions of what to do as you asymptotically approach omnipotence.

>Jumpchan won't be happy about you wasting all your time on this, so have Captain Suicide bless you with a technique that makes everything you do inherently interesting. Have him remove your capacity for boredom while you're at it.
>You may be overcome with choice paralysis now that you can achieve absolutely anything. Have Captain Suicide create a version of Path to Victory that will decide which power you would like best for you.
>Sad you couldn't buy everything in your latest jump? Have Captain Suicide perfectly recreate every other perk and item. But don't do this for future jumps! Jumpchan worked really hard on those, and she'll cry if you already have everything in them. Pls no bully.

1. You'd diminish all the secondary bonuses into nothing, since they wouldn't recover at those speeds. Your guitar would drop to 10%, then 5%, etc.
2. You'd lose half you CAPACITY, not your POOL, by giving him your chi. Only Human would only restore your to your new maximum, which an expansion charm would only increase by X%, still absent the lost capacity. You'd lose more every time you gave him your Chi.

We're starting with this shit again huh.

Can't even give it 60 posts, has to be right out the fucking gate.

Someone roll for a jump to discuss already

We're approximately an hour between summonings, enough time for Only Human to fully replenish our ki pool so Captain Suicide is only ever summoned at full strength.

Rolled 791 (1d816)

Very well, let's try this.

No. You're giving up half your CAPACITY, not your amount of available energy, by granting him 10x your chi pool. You're decreasing the size of the container, not how much water it has.

>>You may be overcome with choice paralysis now that you can achieve absolutely anything. Have Captain Suicide create a version of Path to Victory that will decide which power you would like best for you.
Yeah, but real you doesn't have that power. That's the real problem with omnipotence combos, the version of you imagining the adventures of omnipotent you can't arbitrarily upgrade their creativity. There is a certain value in having limits, they provide structure to base your imagination on. If you happen to be someone who doesn't need them, great. I'm happy for you. I think a lot of people do need some structure for their fantasies, though, or else they'd just be fantasizing on their own without involving Jumpchain as a concept at all.

What list are you using?

Yes. And when he dies, I get it back. So I go from being 100/100 to 50/50 to 50/100.001, then wait an hour and I'm up to 100.001/100.001.

It's not like the planateers summon Captain Planet once and then their rings stop working forever.

Good Perks for redeeming people?

Nobody cares.

A new brand of shitposting.

There are better ways to speed up time bro. Like we've mathed out stuff like that before and got to hellish numbers.

Actually by the text of FLCL everyone has A, as in a singular, guitar. So no guitar recursion.

Neat combo bro. It still doesn't stop folks from just killing you outright for being merely a Mortal in Exalted or Sharin-Hax or someone just reality warping chi as a thing out of existance through a retcon so you could have never have a counter for it. Those are all things that can happen. You have a solid base, though I do note there are more than one of the Jumps that early jumpers avoid the hell out of in the build. Thanks for your time, seriously, this looks like a fun build.

Generic Magical Girls AIP and Cleansing Blast. I think are two.

>Rolled 791
>Winnie the Pooh

Hm... I know very little of this jump. Mostly I've been using it for growing really large plants, speaking through vacuum, and having a good time.

The honey's good though.

Does anyone else have anything to say about it?

The jump list in the lists folder on the drive.

So are the 100 cp caste perks that give you peak Physical, Social, or Mental abilities basically like having the full 5 dots that represent peak of mundane human ability in the relevant attributes?

It's a Wakfu user jump.

There's nothing good to say about it whatsoever.

It's Winnie the Pooh. Good luck.

You again?

>There are better ways to speed up time bro.
Probably. Can you point me to one?

>Actually by the text of FLCL everyone has A, as in a singular, guitar. So no guitar recursion.
I use my guitar to buff the power that creates Captain Suicide, then he uses his guitar to buff his own ki pool and powers. Two distinct guitars, no recursion.

>It still doesn't stop folks from just killing you outright for being merely a Mortal in Exalted
Replicate Abjuration of the Five Maidens, then use you're naturally high stats to murder them now that they lack Charms to defend themselves with. But there's no way to be a mortal in Creation without drawbacks/gauntlets sealing all your powers.

>Sharin-Hax
The Sharingan? What's that going to do?

>someone just reality warping chi as a thing out of existance through a retcon so you could have never have a counter for it.
As long as you set this up in a previous jump, you don't need chi. Have Captain Suicide provide natural buffs that require no maintenance instead of ongoing supernatural effects.

I find the doll option thingy a bit odd, but very sweet. It is nice to bring them along with you after you leave.

Yup, that's pretty much exactly what they do.

>Also perhaps some Demesnes?
>Just Grace-forged stuff, or even weirder things?
I wouldn't exactly ask you not to do it if you had the desire to go for those extra miles.

>Shinma and Pure Chaos I can do. They don't really interact with the Beyond at all though, that's Oramus' thing. To the point that Laashe didn't even recognize the place.
...Huh. Well, nevermind that particular request, then. Hooray for Chaos and defining concepts though.

>I'm not quite sure how I'd handle being an Unshaped though?
If you're talking about the implications it'd have on a mental level due to how Imperatives and Motivations work for them... the easy way would be treating it the same way you'd treat the effects of taking the altform of a genuinely emotionless robot or some alien race with completely inhuman brain chemistry, or a hive mind. Which is very awkward, considering it gets rather more metaphysical, but even so. Although I'd imagine most Jumpers would tend towards shaped Emanations more than any in-setting unshaped would.

pastebin.com/wfbq9MVL
Where are the perks for the other backgrounds?

Still being written.

This isn't a new update this is a Format change. Thank Slav, been awesome. Along with THA and Clover.

Does the Ring of Being grant immunity from the Wyld Taint?

Ideas for the other sections like companions, items, scenarios and scenario rewards?

So if this guy's replacing FFX, does this mean I get to replace Van Helsing?

Van Helsing isn't on the approved list so no, stop trying to force things.

>Approved list

Get bent. The only approval needed is thread's.

He can replace it all he wants, I'm still going to use Dirge's version.

You do know that Dirge replaced his own version too right? The drive's version is different from Dirge's which is different from this user's.

He's just shitposting, ignore him.

>Probably. Can you point me to one?
Sure. Here warosu.org/tg/thread/S51617431#p51618453

>I use my guitar to buff the power that creates Captain Suicide, then he uses his guitar to buff his own ki pool and powers. Two distinct guitars, no recursion.
Okay then.

>Replicate Abjuration of the Five Maidens, then use you're naturally high stats to murder them now that they lack Charms to defend themselves with. But there's no way to be a mortal in Creation without drawbacks/gauntlets sealing all your powers.
On the former, the effect is magic in nature, or direct reality warping, but if you wish to go that far the entire system of Fate has a shaping defense able to keep the big things outside... outside so copying it will be next to impossible. On the later point, true.

>The Sharingan? What's that going to do?
Hack your subconsciousness so you want to help them with pseudo-real illusions that make it so you think it was your decision and retcons your memory. Trap you in an endless choice. Hack you directly out of reality.

>As long as you set this up in a previous jump, you don't need chi. Have Captain Suicide provide natural buffs that require no maintenance instead of ongoing supernatural effects.
Actually you'll always need Chi, as that is one of the mainstay's of PPoHA. It will always cost you Chi to use this stuff.

I know. I plan to use whatever version is on his completed drive.

You do you. If user is going to write a full scenario I'm pretty excited to see what he comes up with.

Because that worked so well the last time, didn't it.

>I wouldn't exactly ask you not to do it if you had the desire to go for those extra miles.
We shall see.

>If you're talking about the implications it'd have on a mental level due to how Imperatives and Motivations work for them... the easy way would be treating it the same way you'd treat the effects of taking the altform of a genuinely emotionless robot or some alien race with completely inhuman brain chemistry, or a hive mind. Which is very awkward, considering it gets rather more metaphysical, but even so. Although I'd imagine most Jumpers would tend towards shaped Emanations more than any in-setting unshaped would.
There's the sheer difference in how they work compared to Shaped Raksha too, even aside from them being more akin to qausi-sentient locations 'ruled' by their Emanations...

But I guess I'll read up on them again, and see if I can somehow fit them in.

Nope. It'd protect you from the normal effects of the Wyld though.

Jumpers! Have you ever been the mascot for a group of any kind?

>Hack your subconsciousness so you want to help them with pseudo-real illusions that make it so you think it was your decision and retcons your memory.
Immunity to illusions and immunity to memory editing.

>Trap you in an endless choice.
Not sure what this means, but create a power that works like dispel magic but for jutsu instead of spells and automatically activates itself whenever one is used on you without your permission.

>Hack you directly out of reality.
Ability that prevents you from being shifted to another plane of existence.

>Actually you'll always need Chi, as that is one of the mainstay's of PPoHA. It will always cost you Chi to use this stuff.
It's like Wish from DnD granting an inherent bonus. You cast it once, then the bonus is permanent and non-supernatural. You can't dispel it and don't lose it in an anti-magic field. So just have the Captain empower you with everything you need in a previous setting.

Say are there any other perks like Waring Warlock from Young Justice that increases the effectiveness of your magic against other peoples magic? I kind of missed picking it up this time in my chain when I went to young justice.

Moonsilver tattoos are always active perfect shaping defenses that don't apply to the mind or soul.

Is this correct?

Just a tiny (non) update, the 5D's and Arc-V jumps are still WIP. I've been busy with exams and stuff, so I probably won't be working on them anymore until my summer term.

If someone really wants to do them and can get them done faster, they can take my claims.

>Immunity to illusions and immunity to memory editing.
Okay then.

>Not sure what this means, but create a power that works like dispel magic but for jutsu instead of spells and automatically activates itself whenever one is used on you without your permission.
Also reasonable.

>Ability that prevents you from being shifted to another plane of existence.
No as in just removing you from reality. No moving to another world just you gone.

>It's like Wish from DnD granting an inherent bonus. You cast it once, then the bonus is permanent and non-supernatural. You can't dispel it and don't lose it in an anti-magic field. So just have the Captain empower you with everything you need in a previous setting.
You don't seem to understand. What I'm talking about is literally making it so you never had Chi to begin with by Reality Warping. Blocking such an attack would almost certainly kill you since the effect itself takes all your chi and erases it, thus you'd need at least all your chi to block it.

Yes. Except that they also offer protection from non-Shaping effects that would alter your body

The drawbacks in the jump for this are basically hell. Like, holy fuck. Has anybody ever seen the source materiel for this? What's there to do for 10 years in a place like this?

>No as in just removing you from reality. No moving to another world just you gone.
Immunity to effects that would remove me from reality.

>You don't seem to understand. What I'm talking about is literally making it so you never had Chi to begin with by Reality Warping. Blocking such an attack would almost certainly kill you since the effect itself takes all your chi and erases it, thus you'd need at least all your chi to block it.
I don't think you can reality warp retcons into things someone did in other jumps. Otherwise you could just retcon it so that they failed a drawback and never took their jump in the first place.

Regardless, immunity to having your past tampered with. I assume that if they're allowed to attack you in other jumps, you're allowed to retroactively defend yourself in other jumps as well.

Christopher Robin comes for your soul.

Whats that perk that lets you shout EXPOSITION and have it be so?

There are non shaping effects that can transform people? I thought that's what a shaping effect was?

>What's there to do for 10 years in a place like this?
Build a nation of stuffed animals. Teach them the art of inner meditation to unlock their soul realms. Help them on the road to ascension to becoming Jumpers themselves.

>I don't think you can reality warp retcons into things someone did in other jumps. Otherwise you could just retcon it so that they failed a drawback and never took their jump in the first place.
Depends on the world and...

>Regardless, immunity to having your past tampered with. I assume that if they're allowed to attack you in other jumps, you're allowed to retroactively defend yourself in other jumps as well.
... we once more come to the problem. Fighting something that directly targets the entire pool will take your entire pool and thus end with you almost surely dead. Sorry dear, but Pun Pun you aren't.

Here we go. This one's gonna run on for a while.

[Exalted: Lunars]

Drawbacks: Lunar Taming Leash, The Wyld Hunt, Moon-Mad Mentor, The Beast Within, Obvious Tell, It's...Complicated (2000)

Rolled The Deep Wyld

Changing Moon

Spirit Shape: Coyote (Free)
Feral Grace (Free)
Instinctive Action (Free)
The Waifu Exalted (1900)
Elders of the Pact (1400)
Cthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast (800)
Lost Caste: Waxing Moon (700)
Moonsilver Tattoos (Free)
Tattoo of Moon's Cleansing Light (Free)
Falcastra of the Beyond (500)
A Whisper Upon The Wind (300)
Guidance of the Silver Lady (100)
The Pack: Makoto (0)
-Casteless (1000)
-Spirit Shape: Awoo (Free)
-Will of the Leviathan (Free)
-Predator Becomes Prey (Free)
-Ever-Shifting (900)
-Chimerical (700)
-Dreamstones (Free)
-Catklaive (600)
-The Silver Seat (400)
-Seed of the Immaculate Blood (100)
-Moonsilver Throne (0)

I had the same dream I'd been having since the first night I'd stepped foot on Creation again. In my dream, I am chasing a roadrunner across an endless desert, with claw and fang and ACME rocket launcher. Something is wrong, I think to myself, as the roadrunner runs me over with a steamroller while pecking at it atop me. Again. This isn't my prey. What is my prey? Who is my prey?

(Cont'd)

Drawback aside, it's mostly a children's book series. Stuffed animals go on long walks through the woods, get lost, get stuck in holes and say things like "oh bother" to each other.

Pooh is somewhat more of an unintentional(???) dick in the comics though.

...has it? I mean, when I actually have the energy and inspiration to write a story rather than a few lines it's generally taken more investment.

I went Nohr and then organized a family tea party on the battlefield to settle our differences and learn about each other. It was a safe space.

Five minutes later, I calmly got up, excused myself to the bathroom and started beating concubines with other concubines.

Do what I do and just make a list of settings/jumps you're actually interested in visiting and make a rollchart from there

Mentioned before this was an in-character thing too. Benefactor has his reasons, the reasons being that the usual assumption on who's entertainment this was supposed to be being flipped on its head

I wake, and feel better rested than I have an aeons. You'd think I'd be almost as, if not more, violated and appalled by being marked with Luna's nature than THE SLUT'S. The truth is-she's actually the closest I consider there being a worthy opponent on the Incarnae's side. Oh, certainly I'd be scrubbing my skin extra hard a few millennia ago if you told me I was going to become a superevolutionary Thunderdome-but that was then, and this is now. Now, I'm only excited by the possibilities this offers my Primordial nature-and my communion with the Beyond.

Recent events have shaken up the Silver Pact. The Accords of Gold and Brass have set a lot of loyalties straight, resulting in unprecedented amount of joyous reunions and tearful strife; perhaps a third of the Lunar Exalted, mostly the younger generation, have ambled off happily with their Solar bondmates. And their Brozi buddies. It is natural the Immaculate Doctrine respond unfavorably to all of this-because after Mnemon openly denounced it as a conspiracy by her own mother, the "Immaculate Doctrine" currently amounts to a roving cabal of terrorist Dragonblooded racial supremacists. And even they aren't stupid enough to pick a fight with reunified Solars or rapidly recovering Yozis who spend most of their time outside Creation, so of COURSE they're kicking the confused moonbeast community while it's down.

The real question is who the hell decided Lilith should be my mentor. Training amounts to long periods of crying her eyes out about Swan, swearing up and down she didn't mean to accidentally claw his face off, and short periods of her attempting to beat me up. Somewhere, the Ebon Dragon tries to egg me on into throwing an actual punch back instead of the therapy I've been providing in lieu. Twice I have to stop her from self-harm, once not seconds after that heist to take a certain dangerous library out of Raksi's hands.

Amidst all this, nobody notices one Solar die hideously.

(Cont'd)

It doesn't create techniques. It creates immediate effects. You have to take the time to visualize it. Either once-offs that don't need to be sustained, or duration effects you power. You have to do it from scratch every time.

Years pass. The dreams change; now I am a mouse being chased by a cat. Again, and again I find my burrow-but the cat does not give up. One more time, it seems to say, as it smartens it's zoot suit over and over again.

As I walk in the valley of Creation yet to come, I ponder the place of Lunars in the Creation to come. It is clear that those not content with being glorified Solar lapdogs will fare poorly when their masters have so much more in common with the demon princes. The Thousand Streams River has been systematically deconstructed under a combination of angry Solars yelling about the Order-Conferring Trade Pattern, and a angry She Who Lives In Her Name yelling about how this is not hierarchy. To see the younger Solars outrage against Ma-Ha-Suchi was...well, damn it all. If nothing else, I'm proud at how quickly they razed that hellhole into motonic dust. It is also clear that no matter how fluffy, a rogue army of demigods will pose serious problems for a unified Creation. Some trick of fate draws my eye to the moon. The moon, pale mirror to the sun. The moon, dimensional anchor extraordinaire.

A revelation strikes me.

At the next meeting of the Silver Pact, the Lunar elders arrive to try and convince everyone they are not, in fact, a bunch of ineffectual hidebound curmudgeons desperately holding onto a grudge that has lost all meaning. I am mainly there as a favour to periodically feed Lilith dried frog pills so she does not eat the guests or summon angry spirits into the chamber or something. As they settle into their seats I shiver in anticipation, months of planning and Phyre's machinations and Oracle's Samsara dickery building up to this perfect moment.

(Cont'd)

With a rip in space-and-time, Solars are dropped into the room! Remembering the basics of close quarters cuddling, they zone in on their assigned Lunars, put them in a headlock-and started touching the SHIT out of their fluffy tails, just as I trained them. An irate barbarian queen kicks a Solar through the nearest wall. Elsewhere, an old man sobs in emotional paralysis as a young girl mercilessly headpats him.

As we escape the Solar cuddlefest, it quickly becomes clear I (and uh, Lilith technically. Shit) am the remaining figure of seniority not currently being mindbroken with tummy rubs. Asked to share my wisdom, I reply: It is obvious why the Silver Pact failed. One does not simply bring together disparate interests without fear leading to radicalism, or expect trust from madmen. It was ultimately an abortive edifice born from the sins of the Solars, an evolutionary chokepoint that played at strength while propagating weakness. And we will learn from it, and grow stronger. I believe if that if we are to guide Creation we must take radical measures like TERRAFORMING AND COLONISING THE BEYOND AS A SECRET LAIR.

We will forsake our history, I tell the others as I show them the art of sculpting form upon impossibility. We will leave Creation's corruptions behind us. We need no nation, no philosophy, no ideology. We go where we're needed, fighting not for country, not for kingdom but for Creation. We need no reason to fight. We fight because we are needed. We will be the deterrent for those with no other recourse. We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. We will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists. And yes, we may have to make parlay with Hell. But from what better place than here? This is Outer Yu-Shan. And in Outer Yu-Shan, men become chimerae.

(Cont'd)

>... we once more come to the problem. Fighting something that directly targets the entire pool will take your entire pool and thus end with you almost surely dead. Sorry dear, but Pun Pun you aren't.
I don't think Pulling Powers Out Her Ass kills you just for having an empty ki pool. It kills you for having gone too far past your limits by using all your energy at once. But even if so, we can create a power that's a permanent aura of peace, mindraping anyone with hostile intent towards us into becoming pacifists.

Why are you assuming that you still get the benefit even if the user of the perk is killed doing it?

I don't expect much. Even at best, it's just going to be a straight up 'become one of the main characters' boilerplate jump, with like a paragraph explaining how you do a thing ad that's it for the scenario.

Ideas for a Witch of Truth, Mask, NEETS in the umineko gaunlet?

I can't think of any of the top off my head, no...

But it's technically possible. Here are some quotes from the Charm Concept definition of Shaping:

>Shaping effects change the character by altering reality. They bypass the laws of creation.
>Most Shaping effects available to the Exalted are available through sorcery, as Charms are part of the natural law of the world (unless the are explicitly designed to circumvent that law).

So something that works within the laws of Creation and doesn't alter reality to do it's thing wouldn't fall under Shaping, but would still be blocked by the Tattoos.

Hey! First build.

Sorry, gonna pass out now though. It's 4am, and I'll read it tomorrow.

I create an effect which teaches a technique, or which permanently applies some buff to me. If I can't create permanent buffs for some reason, I create ones of arbitrarily long lengths. One of these techniques will look into the future to tell which effects I will need so I'm never surprised.

Because it can create any effect, and the effect I choose includes "this is not reversed upon the user's death" as part of its definition.

If he expects to replace the existing jump then I feel like he at least needs to write a scenario with the same level of engagement if not more.

How do I get Cia as a companion, other than writing a hyrule warriors jump? Can I use smash bros or something?

>Most Shaping effects available to the Exalted are available through sorcery, as Charms are part of the natural law of the world (unless the are explicitly designed to circumvent that law)
Well that's not true at all. There are plenty of Shaping charms. I guess those fall under the "explicitly designed to circumvent that law" part, then.

Why are you assuming it would reverse? Why are you assuming something that kills the user activates at all?

Most of your combo seems to be based on some pretty big gaps of logic.

He straight up said that he was originally just going to tell people to keep using Dirge's Scenarios instead of making his own. I have zero confidence that even the perks and items he comes up with will be any good, let alone that he'll make scenarios that can replace Dirge's.

Nah, it's perfectly safe guys. Say hi Makoto!

Tensions are eased when with the Beyond's tactical prowess, we are able to systematically fulton every member of the Immaculate Faith group for reconditioning-before embarking on a prolonged gorilla war against a Deathlord infamous for his hideous face. There is much excitement over the possibilities of Beyond-fultons in general. Someone fultons an Unshaped and tries to wrassle it into a pen.

On the last day of my stay, I walk beside the Lethe with a woman clothed in the moon.

I assumed she wanted to discuss her Chosen. She laughs, says they are stronger than ever and freer to live and love without their grudge. She meaningfully asks if I would learn from them. I reply that my purpose remains unclouded, and she shrugs, and says she'd only come to discuss Gaia anyway. Neither of us dignifies the /ostensible/ lack of acknowledgement of her on my part, that conveniently involves feeding lots of information about her whereabouts to vengeful Yozis. She asks if she can persuade me that two wrongs do not make a right, and I spy her lengthening claws. There is haggling, and in exchange for certain concessions we negotiate down to an amnesty on Calibration and only one Yozi per hunt.

Technically one of my hearts is the mascot of MoonCorp™: A conglomerate of all the businesses I own, publically invested in cybernetics, psychosomatic analgesics, space travel, GM foods and novelty anti-gravity devices.

Ilfa Seeds are good for all your soul transporting needs. The world tree Yggdrasil probably has some interesting properties, and it's lesser copies in Age of Ice part 2 and-argh, forgot that Final Fantasy one but it's there as well. The Beyond-seeds from Infernals make for an excellent bonsai garden too.

And the one good thing the Unconquered Sun ever created was solar-brand coffee.

>Why are you assuming it would reverse?
user who I was replying to assumed it. Can't hurt to include that rider.

>Why are you assuming something that kills the user activates at all?
If it won't activate, then Captain Suicide needs to create a slightly weaker technique that won't kill him, and get a much worse name.

>I don't think Pulling Powers Out Her Ass kills you just for having an empty ki pool. It kills you for having gone too far past your limits by using all your energy at once. But even if so, we can create a power that's a permanent aura of peace, mindraping anyone with hostile intent towards us into becoming pacifists.
Not the moral thing to do but at least you're safe eh?

Not exactly hostile when someone say "No one should have that much power."

We know that the mind control is based on hypnosis, it's the setting itself that states this, and thus some people would outright be immune to your aura. This also comes to the main sticking point of our conversation. Can you actually imagine these things happening? As in understanding the meta-physics enough to counter the things that you are saying you are countering?

If you're talking about the +600, it's memes from a baseball flash game. Old meme drawbacks are more common than you'd think, and the maker seemed to like doing those.

Smug Duck is a joke, for instance, but he saw people going along with the joke and kept it. IIRC, he even said Rollercoaster Tycoon started as an excuse for the Mr. Bones drawback and then turned into what it is.

>He straight up said that he was originally just going to tell people to keep using Dirge's Scenarios instead of making his own.
Well maybe now he'll be motivated to write something, because ripping off another jumpmaker's scenarios wholesale just seems scummy. I'm ok with what perks he's shown right now, no clue what ideas he'll have for items and companions though. Hoping for some unique ones there like in the existing jump.

Just more excuses to throw out Wakfu's shit, honestly. Get something of better quality in there, I mean we've already see Nika's work.

>We know that the mind control is based on hypnosis, it's the setting itself that states this, and thus some people would outright be immune to your aura.
Perk states I can create any power I can imagine. I imagine a mind control effect which is not based on hypnosis.

>Can you actually imagine these things happening? As in understanding the meta-physics enough to counter the things that you are saying you are countering?
I would figure the trip through Infernals to set up the combo would put me in a pretty good condition to imagine any of this, since I'm already internalizing deep truths about the universe to learn their Charms. But if not, I can imagine myself imagining them, and use that to grant myself that power.

What, because he knew how to laugh with people? Because he could take a joke?

I am trying to get an idea of how dangerous this setting is. If you dropped Alex Mercer from Prototype in here roughly where would he fit on the threat scale? I know he wouldn't have much of an advantage against the Kami but there seem to be just as many mortal bad guys running around that are all very powerful.

The truth is, I'm honestly confused how much of a threat Bolas is. In the beginning the way people talked about him being an Oldwalker barely brought him anything new. Latest I heard, this Bolas is roughly on par with a Newwalker?

It's really hard to find info on what he's capable of, all I'm sure is compared to every other Planeswalker he's a mental powerhouse. As for what you've listed-counterspell? I have Soulfire empowered by forces that create realities. Shroud? I have Almighty spells, a Pierce-variant and Always An Ending. It was much easier to play up Emrakul and her bros because Wizards of the Coast had a bunch of articles and a helpful fiction about what the Eldrazi look like when they mean business. Granted, I get that Plan A was flawed from the get-go in that the voodoo magic link probably would've dissipated faster than it could siphon mana.

Also technically I've yet to step foot in the Uminekos. Now from what I'm learning, THOSE will be...difficult.

There is ONE thing I remember about M:tG magic that could fuck up a Charm-entity: Is it true there's a spell called Jam or Stall or something that /disrupts the activation/ of a supernatural effect? I can't remember the name, but I remember an argument in another forum about whether it could stop Charms working if fired at the same time at something that isn't a PD?

>pic related

?

It's bait, user.

Because he shat up the settings he touched.

>Perk states I can create any power I can imagine. I imagine a mind control effect which is not based on hypnosis.
And how would you do that?

>I would figure the trip through Infernals to set up the combo would put me in a pretty good condition to imagine any of this, since I'm already internalizing deep truths about the universe to learn their Charms.
No you're internalizing deep truths of being a Yozi's Sock Puppet, unless OTB Devil Tiger, at which point you have to start making your own rules, in the form of Charms, once more.

>But if not, I can imagine myself imagining them, and use that to grant myself that power.
You can imagine yourself thinking of things that you can't think of? That's not how that works.

Just my opinion here but Alex would be a threat to everything not invested with Divinity. Those that are can't be harmed by physical damage unless you've got some way of bypassing the hax, which Alex doesn't have.

Anybody claim Sousei no Onmyouji?

>Winnie the Pooh

Ah yeah, Winnie the Pooh is a fairly niche place from Jumpchain's perspective, the perks aren't the most intuitive and a few items or drawbacks seem a bit off without knowledge of the references, but all that said, at the end of the day it's a very comfy place to settle down for a little while after your or a companion had a bad time in a previous Jump.

If anyone knows what a therapy animal is for, you can imagine the inhabitants of the 100 Acre Wood as fulfilling the same roll with their innocent personalities, soft bodies and friendly (for the most part) dispositions. Winnie the Pooh I highly recommend just for the setting itself, just to sit down and let yourself get comfortable.

Sorry, was asleep for a while and missed the beginning of the thread. You guys move real fast sometimes.

Not that I know of.

Its one of the ones from Hyperdimension Neptuna.
Planeptune Alignment's "Yada yada yada"