Was this Wizards first attempt to kill legacy? Will they be doing more in the future?

Was this Wizards first attempt to kill legacy? Will they be doing more in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_EtDaA_nyM
youtube.com/watch?v=uHU7EdyAYrg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>purify the format of oppressive tier 0 horseshit
>kill
youtube.com/watch?v=S_EtDaA_nyM

It only proves their incompetence, but if you think it's going to kill the format you're just a salty miracles fag.

They haven't really cares much, but Hasbro is rumored to be making big changes at WotC (in the games, not the personnel) and this is likely a result of that. Which is fine, seeing as how this is WotC 's first interest in Legacy in a long time, and could indicate they want to look at it more often and possibly support it a bit more in what little way they can. Whether that's good or bad for the format is subjective.

How exactly does banning Top make them incompetent? If anything, it was the best decision they could make for the changes they want. Top is the enabler in the best deck, wizards will almost always ban the enabler if they want to weaken or kill a deck, and Top was their best choice.

The correct decision would have been to unban Necropotence.

>ban brainstorm next pls

Should have unbanned non-Miracles cards and let Miracles still exist.

>ban brainstorm next pls

What did Chapin call Legacy again? "The format that pretends it makes sense even though Brainstorm is legal in it"?

Ban terminus, ban mentor, either would have let the deck stay a thing that now isn't full-on all permission all the time that ALSO has a 3 turn clock AND is immune to creature beats.

I play ANT and the miracles MU was terrible. But I really hope a control deck emerges to take its place (mostly because if not I fear we're next)

>he was so shitty with ant that he had a negative matchup against miracles

try getting gud at the deck friend. The matchup was pretty even, maybe even in your favor if you are on the multiple tendrils/grinding station plan in the sideboard

>purify the format of oppressive tier 0 horseshit

you mean just replace it with a new, deathrite-powered tier 0 archetype? If wizards wanted to kill miracles, they also needed to hit the deathrite decks that make up 50%+ of the format.

They had 8 dead cards game 1. If they didn't slam cb, all you had to do was strip the countermagic and storm off. Ez pz. You could even play through cb with the right cards a pair of balls.

The way miracles can manipulate the top of the deck meant any duress/cabal therapy wouldn't actually clear the path, games 2 and 3 were better, but good luck getting them to make sure the coast is clear

Also, I'm not the same user you're responding to, just another ANT player

>I play ANT and the miracles MU was terrible.
You must have just started if this is the case. MU is probably even on average. The MU is actually fun.

> (mostly because if not I fear we're next)
Nah, there's a lot of hate for storm that sees a lot of play, chances are pretty low we're up on the chopping block.

>you mean just replace it with a new, deathrite-powered tier 0 archetype?
That's the thing though, DRS like brainstorm slots into tempo, midrange and control which together with combo and the occasional prison/blood moon list form a healthy, shifting balance of power. instead of being the enabler of just one busted deck miles above the rest of the format. Miracles was the only deck in the format that literally couldn't be meta'd/hated out of the top unless you were just teching heavily for the mirror without losing too many percentages vs the field or playing some horrible 12post-pile, hoping to dodge everything *but* Miracles.

If they wanted to kill Legacy they'd hit Brainstorm.

>Miracles was the only deck in the format that literally couldn't be meta'd/hated out of the top

>Miracles is 15% of the meta on mtgtop8 and thus deserved a ban
>Delver is ~13% and isn't even close to on any watch list

>How exactly does banning Top make them incompetent?

The problem is that top is a card that has no equal, so it kills other non-miracles decks too. Now storm, painter, nicfit, some snt lists, and any non-blue deck wanting decent card selection are worse off. Some decks like DDFT are just fucking gone now. Top gave options to decks that couldn't run brainstorm or ponder, it's not it's fault that retards decided to enter the format with miracles since it was the most played deck and then proceed to slow play every game.

Typical new retard playing miracles:
>buhh duhh hmmm a spell on this stack? i forgot what my top 3 are so let me top.
>hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>wait how much does that cost??
>ok let's resolve the top trigger and counter the card
>hmmm another spell????? let me top again
> fuck i forgot i dont have a 3 cost on the top 3,
> ok no reveal, it resolves
>end of ur turn????? fuck i forgot what I put on top, let me top again

>mfw people still get completely amazed at the crop rotation into sejiri steppe play in trubo depths as if I'm the most ingenious person in the world

I feel kinda bad, they always think I made it up or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHU7EdyAYrg

Put your hands together.

>Delver

You aren't the first person to claim that all Delver decks are the same. You're also not the first person to be completely wrong and fail to admit it.

>SPENT $1800 ON LEGACY
>ONLY LEGACY DECK
>PLAY FOR TWO MONTHS
>FEELS GREAT TO PLAY CONTROL
>ONLY TRUE LEGAL CONTROL DECK SINCE WIZARDS FUCKED IT IN MODERN AND STANDARD
>GET IT BANNED
>MFW I REALIZED I AM OUT $1700 AND A PILE OF CARDBOARD WORTH SHIT
>MFW I REALIZE TO GET TO ANOTHER TIER ONE DECK I"D NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER GRAND ON NEW DUALS
>FUCK YOU WIZARD I"M DROPPING MAGIC COMPLETEY
>LEGACEY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NON ROTATING NON PUSSY ASS FORMAT THAT YOU HAVE FUCKING IGNORED
> FUCK YOU FOR KILLING CONTROL IN EVERY FUCKING FORMAT SAVE FOR VINTAGE

Miracles has never been the only control deck in Legacy. Play Delver, or something.

Also, it's worth pointing out that investing that much in a deck with so little crossover value was a bad idea, especially considering that it's been the only candidate for a ban since (before) the Dig through Time/Ancestral Recall debacle.

>Storm...worse off.

No.

You can play control on Pauper.

(Or MonoBlue Tron on Modern)

>I"D NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER GRAND
Or just buy chinaman duals.

>>MFW I REALIZE TO GET TO ANOTHER TIER ONE DECK I"D NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER GRAND ON NEW DUALS
You could play Stoneblade or Landstill

Is it time for the return of GRIXIS THIEVES in Legacy?

Its time has finally come

Git Probe is next ban

You've been warned.

good night sweet prince

They went to shit, tho.

thats stupid, theres still a pile more degenerate shit that is above it.

Alright stormfags, Now that top is gone, is it worth dropping green and just stay in three color and have a more solid manabase? Abrupt Decay, the only reason the deck plays green, was literally just for Miracles, and it just happened to deal with other problem permanents for storm, but there are other cards we can play in Grixis color to deals with them.

I kind of want to try out a white sideboard plan with Mentor and/or Serenity. But so far I'm with you, I've cut green and upped the number of bounce effects instead, should be fine ~~

Learn to greentext properly.

you gonna sell your stuff then?

play stoneblade or landstill you ignorant miracuck

Stoneblade is glorified midrange. A control patrician such as myself would not touch such garbage

Landstill is just bad

Top was the wrong hit because non-blue rogue decks damn near require it to get some consistency and now they're boned. It should have been counterbalance, because that's how players are actually locked out of a game. Maybe terminus.

Rest in Piece DDFT.

Stoneblade is midrange you deluded fedora tipping aggro babby.

Oh, wasn't it banned already?
About time then.