How long can your character survive in the Necrodancer's crypt?

How long can your character survive in the Necrodancer's crypt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-TqfBEX6QtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's a fighter/cleric in my party who knows to chant and thinks in a rhythm.

She'd be fine. Everyone else is fucked.

My last character would probably find a way to get killed by a green slime.

What are the requirements?

usually about 15 minutes

My character is a shop keeper.

>Necromancer Bard

Pretty fucking long as a matter of fact, considering there's a good chance he is or will be the Necrodancer.

Press arrow keys/keypad in time to the music to fight your way through the 8-bit roguelike.

Also play using your own songs, and install mods to play as different characters... including Joseph and Jonathan Joestar.

Custom songs can be a pain though, as most songs have some sort of tempo change in them, which can mess thing up as I think the game averages the tempo; I tried playing to Roundabout but the slow intro killed my ass ded.

>Ridicilous amount of points in Perfomance:Dance
Bitch, my character was born for this day.

Is natural rhythm governed by Dexterity or another stat?

>last session included a magical mirror control system that was basically DDR
I got this.

>Cahalith (Werewolf Bard)
My deed name shall be Dances with Death

Oh no...

I think fairly long, considering level 20.

Level 2 Swashbuckler with 20 dex, 16 cha and ranks in dance? Fucking bring it.

>implying sorcerers can't feel the rhythm of the night
He'd be fine

Please, even a dumb animal could manage that.

>Human Tao with 320 Dance, 280 Music and 400 Style
Necrodancer HIMSELF better step the fuck up, otherwise he'll be bored.

>Barbarian who practices ballet
Maybe not Aria levels of perfection, but he should be fine.

Is it actually fun? Looked like it could go either way from the stuff I saw.

I think it's incredibly fun, though most of the extra characters are dumb bullshit.

The DLC has been slowly adding extra characters that are actually fun though, plus some other stuff. The game's still really good without the DLC, and has some of the best music in a video game ever.

My current character might do alright.

My previous character was a bard and will take the whole thing easily.

>Character stumbled into a dance of the dead and barely escaped with his life.
>If he ever dances again it'll attract beigns from outside this world with hellish consequences.

Probably not long.

It would be okay, I will probably never be good enough to play with aria consistently though.

You shouldn't really ever have to. She's a symptom of "The Lost", where you have to have some gimmick character who dies in 1 hit.

She's more tolerable than The Lost because Necrodancer removes absolutely useless items from her item pool, and also the game is designed much more fairly than Binding of Isaac.

are you kidding me? The lost is one of the less awful Lost-variants, with Aria being one of the worst.

Yea you can sometimes get useless items as lost but you can also become more powerful. When you're aria you're stuck with stock dagger and your best hope is to find damage up boots/shovel/torch/etc.

The worst "the lost" character is The Robot from enter the gungeon though, all downside, almost no upside.

Except there is zero RNG that can fuck you over. Necrodancer is purely your own skill. There are not insta-damage room layouts that can fuck you over like Lost or bosses that are guaranteed death. The Lost has to insta reset the run if the first item room is bad.

>Except there is zero RNG that can fuck you over.
I haven't played isaac in ages but I think they removed guaranteed damage layouts and while some bosses are stupid they aren't guaranteed death.

You've got as much rng as you have to get decent items in necrodancer and the boss pool.

Human, Drunken Fist.

He does have stupidly high Dex, Balance, Perform and Tumble skills though... I'd say that he makes it through quite easily.

>Character is a monk
fuck

honestly worse than aria

Please, even a brainless zombie could manage that

Necrodance if you want to, you can leave your soul behind, cause the party don't dance, and if they don't dance well they're, no friends of mine.

Playing a necromancer with high CHA, DEX, and INT right now. Probably betray the party to party

Probably not very long, with sheer elven musical intuition MAYBE giving them enough edge to figure out the rules. Their blonde bard waifu on the other hand...

My character has the ability to perform choreographed dance routines by himself, what do you think?

I think I'm just shit at Rhythm games, as I can't get very far in it at all. Still, it's a cool enough concept that I don't support buying it just to support the dev.

There's bard if you really want to play the game but are too shit to actually move tot he beat

Level 23 4e Mage who specialized in warping reality and mind altering magic?

Make every arrow the same direction and just sit there tapping his foot.

>that half-moustache
Stylish, I'll admit.

>using your own songs
Should I use Stayin' Alive, or Annother One Bites the Dust? I don't know which one is more ironic.

...I really should correct myself there.

It's a cool enough concept that I don't REGRET buying it just to support the dev.

One word fuckup changed the entire meaning there.

i understood what you meant based on the est of the sentence

how about asshole ghost wishmaster?

>Make every arrow the same direction and just sit there tapping his foot.

So he runs into a wall forever?

Post your favorite song and arranges

This is how i necromancer: youtu.be/-TqfBEX6QtE

>b-b-but the skeleton hand switches arms even though she's facing the same way. This is an inferior Squigly.

who are you quoting?

It's tubing.

>Joseph and Jonathan Joestar

Is that supposed to be attractive?

Speedwagon thought so.

nose tubes for water retention

Danny B is too good at making music for me to choose a favorite, but all of the X-3 stages are very good, and if I had to choose my favorite boss theme would probably be Konga Conga Kappa.

I don't know all the remixes as well, but melody's version of deep sea bass is good.