Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1464: Once Upon A Title Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47866141/#47873106
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck fairy tales.

Update to Innistrad at Amalur's direction. Rejoice, for the travel ban has lifted.

althalus had permission to edit Innistrad. my pc doesn't edit the imaged version well so had him do it.

Rolled 295 (1d816)

Okay everybody, let's get a new Jump to talk about to start this thread off. What we get?

V.0.4 of Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya. Ready for examination.

And the class card supplement.

Not bad. That was a pretty enjoyable read.

Guess so, yeah. It's at least somewhat true if you only consider the corebook though.

Yeah... those would be too sapient.

Yes, that fits in the 'smaller than a moose' size.

Unless you want to be some kind of gigantic tiger. Which honestly wouldn't be too out of place in Creation, considering Snow Lions and other oversized animals.

Anyway, your Tell sounds good.

Yes. Luckily, the Tell isn't that easy to spot even in true forms. And you can hide the Tattoos with Hide of the Cunning Hunter.

Sounds good. Though I've got no idea how to do that to Ma-Ha-Suchi, since he's still got his tattoos.

Lilith needs counseling.

Perhaps also kill Raksi, or cure her insanity?

Eh, he's only a signature character and doesn't actually have an impact on the world, so I'd say he's dubiously canon. I think Infernals starts you before his Exaltation anyway.

Like how pic related doesn't mean Magnificent Jaguar will solo the Realm and become the new Scarlet Emperor.

>Bit of a mary sue option, mind.
Eh, that's mostly because Lilith's our main example of them. And she's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, build looks good.

Nope, no indication of who he reincarnated as. You'll be able to take his Exaltation pretty easily.

Loads of stuff. I've got a highlights list if you'd like me to post it?

Welp, have fun.

Treasure As Trash Misdirection can make them look like mundane tattoos/patterns. Not sure if there's anything that goes further.

Indeed it should, thank you.

Yuuup, that's going to be fun.

Also, since no else took the honor of picking... Raksi as your Mentor. Eat the baby.

Sure.

Later books contradict this though. At least for Abyssals.

Oh, NuBee, if you still need a hero perk, maybe an "Absolute Madman-punch a guy with an already broken arm" willpower booster?

>Like how pic related doesn't mean Magnificent Jaguar will solo the Realm and become the new Scarlet Emperor.
FUCK. Wrong picture.

Anyway...

Anything that prevents Compulsions from working. Lunars can do that on their own anyway, and if you purchased them as a companion they can't affect the strength of the bond without your consent anyway.

It bugs me how he is a spellcaster.

The result is "Gear Up" which is another Jump I've never heard of before. Intro sounds a bit strange, what with emphasizing "not much of a plot" but multi-colored tanks do sound like fun.

Would anyone with more experience of this game or Jump like to say a few words?

Hahah, already got some good ideas but thanks dude. If anything I'd shove that idea over to Students. Might still work it in somewhere just because Deku's hellacious drive to succeed at the expense of breaking the shit out of his body is truly amazing.

Muscle wizard.

t. butthurt Sidhe

Neato. Repostin' an old build for old times' sake. Amalur, did you see my writeup for Zendikar?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47866141/#47873106

Only one thing stands out: I seem to recall teleportation is considered something close to True Magic normally only achievable in HSDW, and generally happens far slower than described in the 200 CP.

It's been a while, but is Prisma Illya magic really that much different from mainline Fate's?

Also just to check: Does Maximum Drawback Gilgamesh also have his Extra counterpart's activated Origin power or not?

Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot to ask: If you had Border of Impossibility and Mu as well as the capstone boosted Cthonic Baara, could you eventually attempt Luna's little trick of incarnating as the things that don't exist? Or would you have to fiddle around in the artificial moon/the Artful Temple to figure that stuff out?

Hey Mardukth, I missed you last night but:
>Does anyone have stuff they'd like to see included with a jump about the chaotic hindu-demon faeries?
I once saw a quote from a Touhou story describing a human who became a youkai, and thought it might serve as inspiration for an appearance perk.
>Even in the dim, neon-tainted light of the arcade, I could see it. It was hard to pin down exactly what it was about her, but she looked ever-so-slightly unreal. Her skin was too smooth. Her hair hanged in a way that just didn't quite seem natural, like a model in a shampoo commercial. Her eyes had an attentive look that made it feel like she could see into your soul. It wasn't that she was more beautiful now, so much as that she was... less concrete, like the laws of physics no longer quite applied to her. Maybe [she] was no longer a person so much as the idea of a person.

>Luna's little trick of incarnating as the things that don't exist?
I'm sorry... I'm not sure what you mean here?

Do you mean her being the "the impossible made possible"? Because I'm pretty sure that's just a description of what she is and how she was made, and doesn't really do much on its own?

Oh, that's pretty cool. Thanks user.

Can we please get the GIlgamesh class card? Or at least a copy of his Noble Phantasms?

>teleportation
I know that Kuro can teleport quite a bit, but I'm not sure what the in-setting reasoning is.

I was thinking of how the OG Cthonic Baara was described as working when she "draws upon all things she can percieve in and out of existence to become this terrible unbound monster", so I thought it might be quite funky to use the perks' connection to the Beyond for doing that.

The dev note on it also said she gained it after she was born, rather than during her fuckfight with the other aspects. Can't remember if it was part of what she is or something she just learned, though.

Huh. IIRC Kuro is supposed to be the bit of Illya that's a super magic battery powerhouse after all, go figure.

>Can I please get almost every noble phantasm in the setting
Haha no

>Only one thing stands out: I seem to recall teleportation is considered something close to True Magic normally only achievable in HSDW, and generally happens far slower than described in the 200 CP.
>It's been a while, but is Prisma Illya magic really that much different from mainline Fate's?
It's based on Kuro who can teleport. She displays it when fighting Illya and again when fighting Angelica. It is kind of an outlier when compared to mainline Fate but it's something Kuro can do and does it fast enough to use in combat as a surprise. I don't think there's any explanation for why she can do it though.

>Also just to check: Does Maximum Drawback Gilgamesh also have his Extra counterpart's activated Origin power or not?
Never played CCC but I've heard the original form of the human body is pretty insane so not part of the drawback.

Can any user claim a setting to make a Jump? If so, can I make one for the Cthulhutech setting?

As long as nobody else is working on it, sure.

I don't know much about Cthulhutech, but I would caution a first time jumpmaker attempting it. The few times I remember it being brought up, people said something about fetishistic content; I thought it was rather an odd thing to say about a setting I thought was about the Cthulhu Mythos and giant robots but there you go. In principle, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but the idea was at the center of some rather unpleasant arguments.

Ah, right. Well then. I'm pretty sure she's doing that through Shaped by Unshaped Splendor letting her count as having the Heart's Blood of every being that has ever existed, provided that being never achieved an Essence rating of 10.

Border of Impossibility and Mu would probably let you add some impossible parts to the whole thing though.

And the Chthonic Baara's part of what she is, as Luna, I believe.

Theortically she's preforming something akin to Flash Air at a very fast rate using instinctive Wishcraft and her connection with UBW as a bases of her technique. It might be less a Teleport and more like how projection magic appears in the air as it is actualized. That or she's able to use the 'distance' in UBW to use Flash Air there so her magic leaves no tells but is just plain flash air.

I really don't know about a full power version of Gilgamesh's card. I suppose I could offer a low power version as a general item. Gilgamesh is ridiculously powerful so it's hard to offer any of his stuff.

I don't believe that an empty Gate of Babylon would be unreasonable. It would also make more sense than including the Origin Bullets.

I think it's fine as is.

That's also not what you were asking for, since you asked for his card or a copy of his Noble Phantasms. No it'd make less sense then the Origin bullets. There's no reason an empty gate of babylon would be offered.

Actually they isn't that much in the setting, certainly nothing that can't be ignored. You're probably remember rpg.net getting triggered. They just made a mountain out of a molehill.

Fair enough, thanks anyway. Probably for the best if I build my own impossible battle-forms wholesale in the Artful Temple anyway, rather than just scoop up any old forms lying around.

Incidentally, I don't suppose there's an Artifact rating for a perpetual resource generator is there? Thinking about Writ of Worlds specifically, like a literature-artifact of truthiness that spontaneously generates more of itself, just as Elloge's demons seem to be living things that just happen to be made of words. Maybe written in the Correspondence for extra truthiness...

Yeah, go for it, user! Cthulhutech has its problems, but overall I enjoy it. I'd love to see a jump of it. Personally, I want to be a Tager, Lovecraftian Guyver is a fun concept. Though I was always disappointed that the Chrysalis Corporation doesn't appear to have a Zoalord equivalent. Not that get mentioned, anyway.

For the most part there isn't that much creepy content. But what creepy content there is, is pretty creepy. For what it's worth, I don't think it's meant to be a magical realm, I think the writers are just trying too hard to be edgy.

I meant his main Noble Phantasms, not every single item he has for 100 cp or something.

An empty Gate would make sense given that Gilgamesh ends up with a weapon-less Gate and has to steal his weapons back.

Oh no, I'm definitely rememering a rather intense meltdown in /jc/.

But yeah, in that case, go for it I say. 40K and Type-Moon are already high bars for a strong stomach anyway.

The Gate is his main thing. Everything in it is part of it.

No, don't lie. He ends up with a bit under half of his stuff, not nothing. That still has no reason for it to be offered to you the jumper either.

The setting itself does have some rather unpleasant elements to it, but they're not what I'd consider primary motifs for the world. It's ultimately Lovecraft with less unfathomable mysteries and more 'rip and tear'.

Eeeeh. I'd say it's more like....XCOM 2 with lovecraft, not Lovecraft with more action. If anything the Lovecraft could be replaced with 40k Chaos and you'd see little difference, since all the lovecraft stuff is used that way.

>Oh no, I'm definitely rememering a rather intense meltdown in /jc/.

Well yeah, puritan user makes rpg.net seem edgy as fuck. But that's not too say it didn't start there no it isn't overblown.

Actually his gate still has a few things in it, they're just less useful for the whole raining NP's on you thing. Also as long as we get the Gil Card that you can EARN via drawback I'd be cool with replacing Origin Bullets. Because I have little to no idea how to deal with Gil at full power and would like to opt out for 600 CP.

I offered the Origin Bullets because of Miyuverse Shirou showing them to Kuro Illya.

An empty GoB might possibly become an option in some sort of exclusive scenario deal, I've got some ideas for an update in the future. Thinking about exclusive scenarios based on Pandora, one based on Tanaka and so one on the past of humanity (Gilgamesh) could work. Got to see how the series develops in the future though before I make those,

He's lying.

Cthulhutech contains:

Rape machines.
Abortion-powered batteries
Two kinds of auto rape furries that make you want to fuck/be fucked by them, no save.
Forced pregnancy auras that instantly impregnate you with a monster, again, no save.

Kinda hard to just 'ignore' something when it's an enemy or magical aura you can't detect.

All of those take place in the side adventures, they're not widespread parts of the setting. It's no worse (Apart from the furries, they really are that stupid) then what you might find in Lovecraft's original works,

>They're not widespread
The last two are everywhere in the east with Shub's invasion. Don't bullshit.

And Lovecraft required the monsters to actually get their dick into you to force you into a pregnancy.

You're basically setting up a godawful trap for any female jumper, here.

Yeah, like I said, not too much creepy out of the whole setting, but what there is of it is rather uncomfortable. But it really wouldn't be too damaging to the setting (those are all side things, nothing to do with main concept) to just have a +0CP "You can leave the creepy stuff out of your jump" drawback like Exalted: Infernals has for Lilun.

Yeah, I'd guess custom-designed forms will generally serve better than just smushing every random thing together.

Hm, perpetual resource generator.... Aside from the Protoshinmaic Vortex? I can't really think of any..

I've had the deep displeasure of actually having to read those adventures so no, they're not widespread.

See I don't consider it valid to have a drawback that removes entire chunks of the setting. Not as a concept at all, and not to try and get around the lewd.

Lilun has the advantage here of the devs saying to ignore her.

I've read them too. Again, that's how I know you're bullshitting.

How about an anti magical realm drawback/option? Have it toned down somewhat for +0 CP?

Okay user, explain to us how the furries area widespread, major part of the setting. Preferably with examples and references, since you're trying to prove that they are when so far the majority has said they aren't.

Agree to disagree, then. I don't think they're that essential, they might be widespread but they're not majorly influential.

Ugh, can we not? 0cp drawbacks shouldn't be there just to change the setting. Just have a assurance given in thread that you can ignore that stuff, don't make it an official part of the document

See That's basically like saying "I want an exalted jump where you remove enemies/mechanics of creation."

Again, they're described as children of Shub, and how they're building up an army. In areas of the east, they frequently get to people in the woods.

And a cultist can just trap his lair with the pregnancy aura. It's a spell.

>ust have a assurance given in thread that you can ignore that stuff,
It doesn't make any sense to let you ignore parts of a setting.

Which is one two items and two monsters out of 6ish books.

Again, overblown.

>Abortion-powered batteries
How long will it take before a harem jumper tries to harness these?

Fine fine. I'll assure the thread now and when I post the Jump that they can ignore pregnancy fields, abortion engines and sexualised furries to their hearts content

I'm just glad your going to do the setting there is plenty of cool shit in CT, and the world could use a jumper.

But if user wants to lewd a tentacle when they don't want to, that's cool too. Individual jumpers can wank how they will.

There's lots of children of Shub, if you didn't notice, and they're not the only way they manifest. Building an army isn't notable, every single faction in Cthulhutech is doing so. They get to people in the woods. Really. So do countless other nasties.

A spell in cthulhutech? Wow, guess that's never getting used by anyone because who the fuck uses spells much less ones you need to learn from furries.

Didn't supply any of the stuff you were asked for either.

40K has Slaanesh. Type-Moon has Zouken's rapeworms and someone who's sort of like if Archaon was primarily Slaaneshi.

That they're building an army means they're common enough to be of note. At this point you seem to be in denial.

>Who the fuck uses spells
Enemy cultists. Again, I'm not worried about some asshole jumping casting monster rape auras on people. I'm worried about it happening to jumpers.

They're in Vade Mecum and I believe one other book. If you know the setting like you claim you don't need me to look up the names here.

You can't pretend the setting doesn't have those.

>Guys, can I just ignore the pokemon in pokemon?

Can I pretend CoC doesn't have any sex so I can make it a legal jump too?

I wasn't aware any of those had auto-impreg you can't resist.

Also Slaanesh is so barely about sex at this point it's funny. Nothing seems to want to fuck you, just trick you into coming close so it can eat your eyeballs.

>You can't pretend the setting doesn't have those

Why not? We already have precedents to that effect. Hellsing specifically has it where you have to take a scenario for things to get as bad as they do in canon. And there is one other with a 0 point drawback to that effect even if the name of the jump escapes me at the moment.

Because they're part of the setting and you can't pretend the setting is different from canon, user.

Hellsing is a fucking weird and old example. If I remember right, that drawback just forces you to be involved.

>0 point drawback
You know he just said he wouldn't put one in right?

>common enough
No, it means they're trying to grow. It means absolutely nothing as to what size they are now. A group of 3 guys can be said to be building an army if they're trying to get more guys to join their group. A nation with a billion people conscripting it's forces is building an army.

And these enemy cultists will use these spells instead of any other ones why?

I know what books they are in. I'm wanting you to give us the quotes about these things being widespread, major parts of the setting. If they're not those, it doesn't matter if they exist or not. Fate has rape worms but they're a minor thing so no one cares. rape furries exist here but they're a minor thing so no one but you cares.

>>Because they're part of the setting and you can't pretend the setting is different from canon, user.

Why not?

Where is your justification that this group of significant enemies that are building massed armies of their children is somehow small in number? That seems like something you need a quote on.

>Implying enemy cultists need to think logically.
This is obstinately Lovecraftian, here. They use a pregnancy aura because they worship Shub, glorify it, and get off on filling the wombs of their foes with her spawn.

As I said before, they're noted to be massing an army. It's a logical conclusion that there are a significant number of them. The idea that they're doing so but are somehow small in number is the one that doesn't make sense, and which you'd need specific quotes for.

Because what's stopping you from just fanwanking away all your troubles at that point?

> (You)
>Because what's stopping you from just fanwanking away all your troubles at that point?

There has never been any. So you are simply trying to enforce a rule without meaning in the first place.

The issue you're willfully ignoring is that in neither case is the primary point of the content intended deliberately to titillate. In one of the JoJo installments of the reality warping president of the united states almost raped a young girl until he noticed she was the host of Jesus' corpse.

So they have a bunch of fertility based biomancy black mages. So effing what? That has nothing on what Griffith did to Casca in Berserk, and if you want to get technical what Emrakul does to people she comes near. Frankly it just sounds like you're appalled by the content and trying to present the subject of your outrage as legitimate pornography.

C-Tech should be split into multiple jumps. There's at least 3 different themes going on. You have the Guyver theme with Tagers. You have Evangelion/Macross theme with the mechs/frontlines, then you have Call of Cuthulhu theme for the homefront where you're searching for forbidden lore, investigating cultists, & going insane.

user, if you're going to ask for quotes, at least back up your own things first.

Pretty sure the thread doesn't generally look kindly on it. Same for people ignoring rape auras.

>you're willfully ignoring is that in neither case is the primary point of the content intended deliberately to titillate
Yeah that's why there are submissive furry waifus who want to love you. Totally doesn't get the author off at all.

what is Naruto jutsu considered spiritual based or magic when interacting with perks?

No, it shouldn't be split autismo. None of the themes have enough to stand on their own. Not even as small jumps.

Ignore him. Same guy as last time, making mountains out of molehills. CTechanon, good luck in making this.

>pretty sure
>totally doesn't

So your judgements are entirely based on assumptions you expect everyone to share unquestionably. By your logic, Fate and Exalted are guilty of "submisssive furry waifus" too because it has foxgirls in it.

You keep missing the damn point. Fanservice is fine, the point is that from what more sensible people have been saying the central conflict of the setting is cosmic horror not porn no matter how many implications you imply.

Its physical & mental. Chakra is a real substance in Naruto. They have a seperate circulatory system. Also they have to mentally focus it into effect.

Will do. Thought the asshat had an actual point he was trying to make until .

Spiritual. It's chakra/chi

>Assumptions
No it's a basic fact that saying "I ignore the setting!" in this thread gets people to yell at you. Me being sarcastic doesn't change that, and it's really autistic of you not to notice that's a tone thing and not actual unsureness.

I don't care about the "ignore the setting" train of thought. If you aren't talking about whether the jump should be made or not, I regret this entire conversation even more.

Have you even read Damnation View? Go ahead and do so.

You should also see if you're whining about tone.

Moreover, you have never addressed the biggest concern, the unstoppable impregnation auras that a jumper would need out of context power to stop. That's not something you can expect people to have.

A jump where a starting jumper will be forced to be raped and impregnated by things isn't kosher in the first place.

>Two kinds of auto rape furries that make you want to fuck/be fucked by them, no save

And you call me a liar?

[quote]The Horned Ones are designed to lure other creatures into sexual congress, through their pheromones and hypnotic voices.
People can smell the pheromones up to fifty yards away, but it
isn’t until they’re within ten yards that they are effective. Anyone within must make Hard Tenacity Feat Test to resist. Failure
means the Character is totally in the thrall of the creature, and
will work to mate with it as quickly as possible. He will stay in
that state until he moves more than 10 yards away – 11 to 20
minutes (1 die + 10) later, he can Test again. Success means
that the Character still feels the pull to mate, but is in control
of himself. He still will not want to harm the creature, suffering
a -6 Test Penalty to any Action he takes against it if he forces
himself to do so. In 11 to 20 minutes, he must Test again if still
exposed.
Their voice functions the same way as the pheromones, but affects anyone who can hear their voice (including over the phone).
Success, however, in this case means the Character resists fully.
Each Horned One is unique, gifted by the species of which it most[/quote]

You get multiple will power saves, also its pheromones and voice powers you can block.

Puritan user lying isn't going to help you any.

I don't know why even though you are not offering it you need to ban it's use. It's a thing that several characters hold in the manga, iirc.

This inter-jump balance never ends well.

I'll concede that the Horned Ones can be resisted. You have yet to find a quote on the other kind of rape furry whose name I don't recall, though. Nor anything on the rape aura, which has always been my biggest issue.

>starting jumper

Since by default you'd be taking 2-3 jumps before this one at minimum, your complaints are even less valid. And if you're going to try for sarcasm, don't be surprised when folks like call you out on your misinformation, the onus is on you to prove your point, not for others to factcheck on your behalf.

Do weird Conduit elemental shit or be an unimpregnable Pokemon or something. Boom, problem solved.

See you in another thread once you've "conceded" your posturing doesn't actually have a purpose.

Will we get a good reaction faces perks?

>Since by default
By default you can only assume someone has taken pokemon. You can't assume someone has taken specific jumps to take specific powers. In this case, some kind of magic immunity or whatever to stop a pregnancy aura.

>Doesn't actually have a purpose
Not wanting female jumpers to automatically get impregnated with monsters is a fairly good purpose.

>Yet to find a quote
Says the guy who was asked several times a fair while ago to provide quotes. Since then, the other side has posted quotes but user still hasn;t.

Pretty sure you're just shitposting by now.

So you don't remember the name, but you do remember its "rape aura" is unresistable? How can we be sure you are even remembering that correctly?

And can you give me any clue? I have all of the books.

The other side has posted a quote that countered one of my points and I conceded he was correct. If I was shitposting, I would have ignored what he said instead of having the maturity to admit I was wrong on something.

>but you do remember its "rape aura"
No, the rape aura is something different. Are you misunderstanding on purpose? The other kind of creature I'm thinking of is like a more proactive Deep One that has some psionic power or the like.

And yet you can't even provide me with a book name so I can find it.

You don't dumb down Jumps, assuming the Jumper has only done Pokemon. Jumps have their own specific difficulty, and can be taken at any time, and if the Jumper takes it too early, that's their own stupid fault.

Still ignoring the fact that you have posted no quotes despite repeated requests for you to do so.

Sorry user, you're gonna have to supply your own reaction faces that are hilarious and/or creepy for bystanders.

It was one of our basic principles that you need to provide stuff to allow a jumper to survive a jump as their second one. I'm pretty sure it's reasonable to add that they shouldn't be thrown to the wolves and auto-impregnated with monsters either.

I would have to dedownload a PDF for that. Understandably, that is difficult to do in the midst of an argument.

Did anyone else here become the Spiral Energy: the Digimon?