Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1466: My Failing Organs Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wjO3EA90kU
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDS0pXTTdiNG5aTzA/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDMGhNcG5ETmtrZDA/viewtid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDMGhNcG5ETmtrZDA/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rolled 336 (1d816)

This thread's jump topic is...

I spent the entire day getting distracted by Space Station 13. Have some WIP writefaggotry and count from my build how many things are going to go wrong.

Jump 22: Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3
Origin: Investigator
Perks:
By The Book
First Gear
Cowboy Cop [1600]
Second Gear [1500]
Last Action Hero [1300]
Third Gear [1100]
Spinning Wheel [800]
Top Gear [500]

Items:
Hot Fuzz
Type-V - Type-Speed
Tire Kokan! - Max Flare, Funky Spike, Mad Doctor, Midnight Shadow, Justice Hunter, Dimension Cab
Jumper x Heisei Rider Generations - Merge Drive Driver with previous belt. [400]
Type-Rider [0i] - Importing Bat Car
Game Boy [300]

Companions:
Pit Crew - Import Lucas and Bastion [200]

Lucas
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
For Their Smile
Caustic Cooperative
Nothing I Cannot Cut [100]
Genius Gamer [0]

Items:
Game Boy
Game Maker [0i] [300]
Digital Love[0] -Import to Belt.

Bastion
Origin: Expert
Perks:
Nice Drive
Gone Horribly Wrong
All You Need Is Driver [100]

Items:
A Sweet Harley
Drive Pit [0i] [0]

Drawbacks:
Front Row Seats
There's No Going In Reverse!
No-Thank You [1200]
Robot Riot [1600]
Out of Gear [1700]

Digital Love should be in companions, not in Lucas' items. God damn it.

The end of the world can happen at any moment. It could be in the morning, it could be in the evening, it could be at the total ass crack of dawn when you just finished having a night of getting smashed with your companions and having just finished the weirdest game of 'never have I ever'. Look, worlds can be boring when you're not fighting evil or fleeing from the police for a vigilante murder. On a related note, I now know more about birds and bird trivia than I ever wanted to. Thank you, Bastion.

Then everything changed when the Roidmudes attacked.

I had set the date aside for the Global Freeze because I had been expecting it. What I wasn't expecting was it happening a month ahead of schedule. Slowdown hit us and the population like a truck full of lag and a bunch of Roidmudes armed with pulse munitions from Overwatch and what looked similar to late cyborg technology from Metal Gear cornered us. Guns drawn and pointed to me.

I was saved, mercifully, by the intervening of tiny cars and a strange device that hooked up to my Driver. Not wasting anytime, I activated it with the new tiny car technology, and transformed again into a Kamen Rider. And now, I could move in the slowed time…!

Turns out that was step one. Steps 2 through 10 were actually beating the Roidmudes back before making a fighting retreat. Lucas complained about all the weird and downright terrifying monsters that existed in this world, while Bastion was immediately fond of our new friends. When we tried to figure out how we got this sudden burst of help -

"Helloooo~! It's the special Roidmude Unit-Hope, here to help!" My belt cheerily said. "Here to help the handsome user beat back those silly malfunctioning units, and bring peace and love to the whole world!"

Okay. This is a thing now.

Greek Myth. Hmmm.

Gundam Universal Century!

Jumpers, what are some creative uses have you thought up for your powers?

youtube.com/watch?v=2wjO3EA90kU

Looking at the wrong list there buddy.

Oh hey, Greek Myth, relatively new Jump, is Herculanon around to talk about it?

...so I am! Well, that's embarrassing.

Perks for reverse engineering stuff?

I've tweaked it a bit, this balanced enough?
「The Trial」:
Appearance: Gavel
Destructive Power: E
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: D
Precision: A
Development Potential: A
Ability: Anyone who is targeted by the stand is put on Trial for their actions
by imaginary versions of their role models, mentors and greatest fears. Can only
affect one target at a time.
For a person to win a trial they must be someone their role models and mentors wanted them to be and must be able to face their greatest fears.
If they lose the trial their willpower is broken and they have no desire to continue what they are doing at the moment.

Worm Tinker power, Hive Queen Quest, Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

I'm a little taken aback by this, but our friendly bat…lady…AI…person was sent to help us specifically. Krim had found out we were in town, and on short notice, needed a back-up in case of Proto-Drive not being able to make the cut for whatever reason. So, it was up to us to fight the Global Freeze and stop the Roidmudes! ADVENTURE! I thought I'd be exhausted from being a Kamen Rider by now, but honestly, I was just happy to be doing something for a change.

It was kind of a little awkward that my henshin device, my strongest asset, kept flirting with me the entire time through. She was bright, though. Like a crystal. Kind of an idealist at heart, but she was everything I wasn't - open about her feelings, determined to bring peace between humans and Roidmudes, and to rebel against the programming of violence set by her kin. And since I was kind of a literal and metaphorical cowboy, and my two companions were a robot and a snarky wizard respectively…well, you can see where this is going.

Yup. It was a fucking buddy cop movie.

I managed to get involved in the final melee with Heart at the end of the Global Freeze. And, uh…Heart's punches hurt just about as bad as being impaled by Smile a dozen times. I had to pull out every trick I had on hand just to make him actually take damage. Those new upgrades he got weren't any shabby, either. But my mission was complete - I had prevented Proto-Drive, Chase, from being reprogrammed. The Global Freeze ended, and the Roidmudes retreated.

Krim congratulated us on a job well done, but surmised that the Roidmudes would all return soon, after they had gone into hiding and had imitated their hosts. And since I was still a wanted murderer thanks to me deciding shooting Sid in the face in full view was a good idea, we couldn't really join the police formally or explain what we were doing. Guess I'm a vigilante again.

I kind of wonder what Gotham would think of my new Kamen Rider form, honestly.

I like the Demigod option. I know you're in no small part meant to want it for the big boosts, but just getting a cool divine powerset and making the Jumper's family tree even more ridiculous is great fun.

The most unique things I've noticed about this jump is first of all, the Great Artist Capstone, and the perk Receptive Doves, which I've seen mentioned a few times. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but when I saw it, all I could think about was using it for eugenics.

>Cloning - Jurassic Park
>Certified Tech - Fallout
>Innate Genetic Understanding - Geneforge
>Sorcerer Savant - Young Justice
>Unknown Resources and Outsourcing - Kim Possible
>Retro-Engineer - MCU
>Reverse Engineering - XCOM
>Artificial Alloys - Anno 2070
>Reverse Engineering Tinker - Worm

We had another idle period. Krim was wary around Bastion, but the two eventually developed an interesting friendship, while Chase would…see, Chase tried to socialize as an attempt to ease into the party since we'd be working together and two of us were humans he was programmed to protect. He tried, bless him, he tried, but it resulted in more than a few antics. I never knew it was possible to be that exact with slicing pizza.

Initially, I was convinced this uphill battle was manageable and I all had to do was dance to the beat. Until I asked Krim about the origin of the Roidmudes and how they acquired all of this otherworldly technology.

Because in this World, the three who developed the Roidmudes included one Professor Finch.

And that's it for now. I'll post the rest tomorrow.

>Professor Finch
Who?

OC and member of the Rogue's Gallery to this Jumper. Mad Scientist who he shot in the head mid-monologue in Fallout.

The biggest draw here is that he's aware of the existence of Jumpers and has been aiding all of his enemies extensively for several jumps.

He's kind of a mix of pic related and Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

Also Reverse Engineering from Sekirei.

Jump #314: Recettear
>Eight of Pentacles (Prudence): Dedicating yourself fully to a task. Sticking with a project long enough to see it through.
Looks like I'm taking the scenario. Eh well, it'll keep stuff interesting.
>Age: 15
>Location: Pensee
>Identity: Traveler
>Scenario: If I Had A Million Pix
If I had a million pix I'd probably build a fort out of them.
>Time Management (Free, Traveler)
Always important to be able to fit everything into the few hours that the day has.
>Atmosphere (900, Traveler)
I can cause rooms to evoke a particular reaction? Hm, trivial, but I'm sure it'll be useful when I want to relax or something.
>Crash and Boom (700, Traveler)
How to predict the market, and better, how to make it do what I like.
>Market Timing (600)
Glance at a store, get an idea of what sort of quality their merchandise is. Yeah, useful.
>Self-Made Shopkeeper (0)
Huh. I wonder if this is a superior method of fusing things that I have? I mean, I have Cheat Mode primarily FOR this sort of thing, but I don't think I actually had anything that was specifically meant for this until now, just a kludge that made it work. Nice.

... okay, not going to lie, I'm too tired lately to write jumps up. Recettear is interesting, but not really my jam. I'm all in favor of helping Recette though, so I'll just spend my time doing that (as opposed to just buying out her debt). Which means esoteric candy in future jumps.

Huh, that actually sounds fun.

Ah, I see-

>A mix of Dan and Doc Brown who's aware of Jumpers
...oh dear.

It's also got some interesting companion options, with the standard import giving companions 700 cp, and importing the standard 8 costing 400, as well as a couple of interesting OC companions.

There are a number of things I feel are strange about how this jump is made, like how it by default removes you from Fate, which is just a little bit weird. Apparently the setting runs off ancient Greek physics? I have no clue what the difference is between Greek physics and regular physics.

It also specifically talks about how the gods don't care as long as you don't piss in their cereal, which is strange, because it feels unprompted. Would there have been reason to believe that they would have been more pissy in general?

user, it's the Greek gods, and you are a possibly powerful being who doesn't worship them. Leaving aside if they could actually do anything, they would want to try.

Especially if you have beauty perks, and it would only be worse if you are a pretty female jumper. Woe betide the Red who ventures to Greek Mythology.

Daddies Favorite is pretty unique too I have to say, sounds kinda hilarious to invite your god dad to parties every now and then. Portfolio and Expanded Portfolio have the potential to be fun if you pick something weird like Salt, or Locusts.

Not many drawbacks, and it feels like Ten Labors isn't as bad as Fucking Heracles. Fucking Heracles is actually way worse than the other equivalently valued drawbacks too.

Also of note; you can buy Genius of Art 37 times if you take all the drawbacks and have the Great Artist background. I really like these kinds of perks, they always make me wonder what you could do if you made a chain where you only took perks like these.

? I don't see anything like that in the jump?

Huh, maybe I'm looking at the wrong one then. This is the one I was looking at, what are other people checking out?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDS0pXTTdiNG5aTzA/view

This one.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDMGhNcG5ETmtrZDA/viewtid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc

You've got the old wip that someone else stopped working on a long time ago.
The finished version by hercules should be here.drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDMGhNcG5ETmtrZDA/view

Well shit, that's my bad then. Suppose I'll stop using the search function on the drive and just find these manually.
Jeez this one is a lot a better.\

I completely understand user's appreciation of Great Artist stuff now. Automaton is fuckin sick with it working on all sorts of creations. I can only imagine the game making potential once you head to Video Game Designer or something, and you'd never need an editor or spellcheck when writing again.

I'm also starting to understand user's appreciation of Receptive Doves. I do like bizarre lifeforms and have gone great lengths to making machinery and spells specifically for making bizarre lifeforms. Only thing holding me back is the creepy implications of what you'd need to do using this perk in particular.

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is done. If there's no objections I'll post it to the drive in a bit.

And here's the supplement.

Man, it's kind of a shame Virginity is basically a part if Athena's purview as god.

Why not just merge the two pdfs together. I mean, it's not as bad as the Gantz jump and supplements but it's not like your supplement is so huge that it warrants its own separate file.

Wrong god

>blue hair
no.

You just need more harem/seduction perks.

>Implying that's ever stopped a jumper
She's a virgin that's never had a lover, but that doesn't mean she can't per say. Same for Artemis and Hestia.

Where can I get my Athena companion aside from fanwanking in Fate/?

Greek Myth...
There's probably at least six or seven Athenas available.

There is no choice for purchasing a god as a companion in that Jump, user.

May as well. I've put the supplement in the jump so it's self contained now.

>Being bothered by anime hair in anime art

There's plenty of other fish in the sea. Hecate waifu for life.

That's what pods are for.

Blue Feather party represent.

No, but seriously, what the hell is 'Greek Physics' supposed to mean?

Looking at Assassin, shouldn't it be Delusional Heartbeat not Delusional Illusion? it says "The Class Card of Hassan-i-Sabbah,
Hassan of the Cursed Arm"

Utterly disgusting.

Completely acceptable.

I assume it means things like how the earth is being held up by atlus and how you can go up to him and take it off his hands even though he's somehow also holding up the planet.
That and classical greek philosophy on how physics works being right.
Fuck if I know the specifics of that though.

Can you limit Class Card Creation to one Jump or one lifetime or something? As it reads a Jumper Card grants everything that the Jumper has up to the point when the Card was made. Which is slightly more than what Class Cards are capable of, they are noted to have been Ranked Down because they couldn't contain the whole of a Heroic Spirit without having to 'break' it first.

I mean I'm fine with us getting Class Card Creation I just wanted to remind you of it's Canon limits, though if you wanna ignore that I guess that's up to you as a Jumpmaker.

Maybe just one powerset?

Is a Persona 5 jump in the works/claimed?

Ah. Yeah that's meant to be the class card of the Hundred-Faced-Hassan. Thanks, I'll need to change that.

Yeah. It's meant to be something you imprint one jumps abilities on. I can see how that wasn't clear at all though. I'll change it.

>Yeah. It's meant to be something you imprint one jumps abilities on.
Ah, okay then. Thanks for what's shaping up to be the hardest choices I'm going to have to go through in recent Jumps.

So on a scale between burning down the starting town to "saving the world by destroying it" how far have you gone on the JRPG villain scale?

How do you fanwank companions purchasing warehouse additions?

Yes. It was claimed rather recently so it might be a while before the jump is done.

Who claimed it?

Recreating the world just to get the right backstory to waifu someone.

I want to say it was English, but I don't keep track of that kind of thing too well.

It was English.

yes

full Shōnen antiVillain

Well my chain is Framed as a reality show full of train wreck people who are as fun to watch as you want to avoid them in real life in the vein of the Anna Nicole show or flavor of love, and my companions are free to do what they want with their points so if they buy a warehouse attachment It pretty much belongs to them unless it's something that They would like to share.

Looks good to me, thanks Batman.

> "saving the world by destroying it"
I mean... isn't that what I did in Black Bullet, when I rescued all the girls?

I've gone all the way, baby! I've even got nihilistic speeches on the nature of existence queued up and ready to go! I've even got multiple boss forms!

hey I have Couple of questions about super robot wars
1.does the armor you get from Battler G continue updating . If you upgrade Or import your super robot somewhere?\
2. If you Import it as a transformation device or upgrade the armor it gives you somewhere do those upgrades apply to your super robot?

Titanfall Engineer tree. Called 'what's this do?' or something.

Drawbacks: The King of Heroes, Every Servant Wants To Kill You (2000)

Parallel World

Grail Candidate, age 12

Genius (Free)
Magical Girls...Can Fly, Can't They? (Free)
Why Aren't We Wishing Everyone To Be Happy? (1900)
Mana Constructs (1700)
Refined Lesser Grail (1400)
Wishcraft (1100)
Friendship Bracelet (Free)
Class Card: Saber (900)
Zelretch's Student (100)
Canon Companion: Luvia (0)

The boy is fighting an uphill battle. Swatting thrown blades, running to exhaustion. With one former friend already dead, the other scarcely has to work to bring him down when he has backup. It would be so easy, to let him die. It's clear this iteration of his species doesn't deserve to survive. This is just one branch, in one timeline, out of a multiverse that seems determined to sabotage itself.

...I owe him a happy ending, dammit. For the last Grail War if nothing else. I snap my fingers, and the boy follows his sister into the other timeline.

I stare back at the architect of this miserable excuse for an apocalypse survival plan, who has had just enough time to look surprised. He reminds me of myself, so I find myself hating him. For good measure, I vaporise his defences as a ray of starlight, pick up his literal blackbox and bop him on the head with it before absconding in Shirou's footsteps.

(Cont'd)

Conveniently enough, this is preeeetty relevant to my current build! And the answer is: I've BEEN all the way, in that direction. I've DONE that. I've WORN the billowing hair, and I've PATENTED some of my better monologues.

And ultimately. I've seen how futile it is. There's always another world. There's always another apocalypse. Whether you call yourself a hero or a villain, the cycle goes on.

For all intents and purposes, I'm a JRPG villain trying to take the third options in life. Sometimes that option is accepting that people should lie down in the graves they're too stupid to stop digging.

I stare back at the architect of this miserable excuse for an apocalypse survival plan, who has had just enough time to look surprised. He reminds me of myself, so I find myself hating him. For good measure, I vaporise his defences as a ray of starlight, pick up his literal blackbox and bop him on the head with it before absconding in Shirou's footsteps.

Back in the brighter timeline, I'm in an odd chain of apprenticeships and mentorships. Zelretch is teaching me (and privately letting me know he knows what I did all those years ago, and the only reason he's teaching me now is because he's pretty sure I'd break something trying to do it my own way) the Second Magic, I'm teaching Luvia my First/Third/High Speed Divine magic mashup, Luvia's teaching Miyu (and Miyu's teaching Illya) how to be a magical girl properly. Eventually these arcane chinese whispers give Illya conniptions, and she cuts out the middleman to come find me for magical tuition. In the process, I tweak her kaleidostick for better prana regulation, preventing Kuro from ever coming into being.

I can barely recognise Illya from the rabid girl who hijacked her own maddened Servant. I keep expecting her to make like the Vorpal Rabbit while she's bumbling around trying to fly good.

The alternate universe family reunion results in equal parts tears and hugs, but I was too busy catching up with Gilgamesh to attend. And by "catching up" I mean battle, and by "with" I mean "of ultimate destiny"

(Cont'd)

"Hey, why are we fighting? Also please don't use the light-devouring swords, those sting"
"Do I NEED a reason to fight you? And I'll do so when YOU stop incinerating my weapons! Those swords are VINTAGE!"
"It seems we are at an impasse. Also seriously why"
"Hmph. Well, don't think I don't appreciate the help on that moon cell. But I've seen into the future, and the destiny you've deemed fit for this world is irreconcilable with mine. What more need be said? Also I DEMAND you become corporeal enough for my chains to hold you! This is getting ridiculous!"
"Whoops, set my perfect dodges on auto for a while there. Look, Gil-I can't help but think this is a bit of an overreaction. You know what happened during Grand Order, the future isn't set in stone!"
"Indeed! HOWEVER, ambition is not the only measure of a man=except me of course. One cannot entrust the future to a man who'd sell the world to a soul-devouring harlot! Isn't that right, user?!"
"Oh come on! That world doesn't even deserve Kiara's attention!"
"You were thinking about it! And I can't help but notice you've got a divine treasure of some sort, which clearly belongs in my treasury!"
"Then it seems diplomacy has failed. You going to pull out Ea yet?"
"I was JUST ABOUT TO, you...you king of mongrels!"
"..."
"..."
"...harsh, but accurate"
"You know, this conversation would have been hard to have if I wasn't omniscient and you weren't some sort of mutant divine spirit"
"Huh. Oh well, I guess that's that. Same time, next universe Gil?"
"Ha! Only if you're too stupid to get in my way again!"

There are so many god-slaying weapons, and a few Old One slayers as well, in Gil's treasury that I can't even begin to list. Like he would have the first blade of Cain, he has been proven to have the prototype for Harpe, he has dozens of blades that kills spirits, and with the Omnipresent Omnipotient Star he actually knows all of them and how to use them against you, however all of this is going to be ignored isn't it?

It's been a while since anyone has tried to wank Gilgamesh as a legitimate threat, looking at you is kind of funny, I'd laugh if you weren't so transparently new here.

Being a divine spirit does not mean that his weapons are able to damage you.

Also, he was using charms to dodge/parry/block.

...y'see, this always comes up in theory but.

In practice, he keeps going down for reasons. Partly because "god-slaying" is a very specific qualifier in the Nasuverse, partly because however many he has he's still limited by the rate at which the Gate spits them out to the point some kid with a reality marble can beat him with superior speed. Also as far as I know "Old Ones" aren't a thing in the Nasuverse.

I'm basing this off Gil's showing against Tiamat here, which is the closest I can think of to an all-out Gil. And he was pretty all but exhausted once he wore her down enough to be shunted into Ereshkigal's realm.

I mean, there IS a fight going on. It's just there's less to say about it when it boils down to people throwing things at each other a lot, and also the whole fiasco's more of a philosophical difference than a personal one.

Recent Fate installments prove he doesn't necessarily have everything. He isn't sure if he has Karna's Vasavi Shakti, and by his reaction he doesn't have anything that can match BB's goddess/beast of revelations shit.

Not exactly recent installments.

Normally Gil isn't a threat at all, but this Gil has his other Noble Phantasm, which is noted. The reason why I was speaking of all this is because there are a lot of things that can be done when you have perfect knowledge of your foe's weaknesses and a treasury full of almost every weapon in human myth, along with intimate knowledge of it's entire contents thanks to his other NP.

No I was calling to attention that lots of Gil's weapons are meant to kill the unkillable.

And perfects have a weakness which Gil would know how to force because of his other Noble Phantasm. Sha Nagba Imuru is basically the ultimate complement to his Gate of Babylon.

I have no trouble with you wining, I mean you've got every Jump ever at this point right? It's the fact that the fight could have been so much more. Like how he can actually just toss a few of his weapons at empty air and cut the part of you that hangs out of the world because there are a few of his weapons which can do that. I enjoy you're usual write-ups better than what you wrote for that fight because it give me ideas that I can try to do in my own Jumps. My sticking point was the fact that you downplayed Sha Nagba Imuru when it would be the thing that matters most.

I know but he does have a lot of stuff and Sha Nagba Imuru makes it so he knows everything in the Gate.

>Sha Nagba Imuru is basically the ultimate complement to his Gate of Babylon.
Defense against precog/postcognition/information gathering about you are not exactly uncommon in the chain.

I am assuming that because this is a Drawback those don't work.

Drawback doesn't say anything about Sha Nagba Imuru trumping your defenses, so I'd assume they still do. That's like assuming that since it's a Drawback, any attacks made with Gate of Babylon ignore your durability perks.

>Sha Nagba Imuru (He who Saw the Deep): The Omniscient Omnipotent Star a form of clairvoyance that allows him to discern heavily concealed truths with a glance, from that of his opponents true name and abilities to being able to gaze upon a chess game and have the correct move always visible to him.
It says that it allows him to do it as part of the Drawback, thus I assume that things that directly counter that are null. Whereas the Gate says.

>He also possesses the Gate of Babylon: a noble phantasm that contains all the treasures of the world as well as the original bases for all of humanities developments allowing him to use the original prototypes of the noble phantasms of all the heroes of various myths with few exceptions.

Which says nothing about durability and thus wouldn't benefit from the Drawback overriding Perk Fiat that has been in play for a long time.

So no I don't believe I'm making an assumption here. It's part of the Drawback.

>The Omniscient Omnipotent Star a form of clairvoyance that allows him to discern heavily concealed truths with a glance, from that of his opponents true name and abilities to being able to gaze upon a chess game and have the correct move always visible to him.

It's explaining what it can do, not explicitly stating that it will trump any abilities that you have to do so.

>And perfects have a weakness which Gil would know how to force because of his other Noble Phantasm.
Not all perfects can be stopped. Some only cost more if you invoke their flaw, or impose a movement restriction on the user after they activate them.

It's just establishing his capabilities. And "heavily concealed" is not the same thing as "impossible to sense".

My build for Greek Myth
Background:Hero (Free)
Rolled Age: 23

Perks:
From Zero to Hero (Free)
Quest of the Gods (200)
Strength Of Heracles (300)
Walker of Worlds (600)
Demigod (500)

Items:
Hoplite's Equipment (Free)
Isolated Island (200)

Drawbacks:
Legendary (Free)
Ten Labors (-300)
Echo (-100)
Achilles Heel (-200)
Fucking Heracles (-200)

For this jump I was Myrmidon of Aegina, who in a Fate-like twist is gender-flipped, who earned Artemis's favor, and was gifted to become one her immortal aides after many trials and tests. My Achilles heel is my left temple, a partially fractured section of my skull, and I became known for my silence.
I turned down Receptive Doves because I could already do that.

A good compromise would just be allowing it to *compete* against even absolute divination protections - like he had Noble Eightfold Path.

That way it's not a case of "Drawback makes you fight static target" - like in Forgotten Realms, where the Elder Evils are trivial to defeat.

Why do we need to compromise here? You're fighting one of the strongest beings in the setting and you still need to give him more buffs?

what are things every jumper should be encouraged to do while in greek myth?

Behold. One of the most cookie-cutter Greek Myth builds.

>Greek Myth - 749
Origin: Great Artist
Drawbacks: Legendary (+0); Achilles Heel - Left Buttock (+200); Ten Labors (+300); Echo (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,600 CP

Perks:
-Genius of the Art - Voice (Free)
-Genius of the Art - Smithing
-Bronze Flows Downhill
-Automaton
-Microcosm
-Demigod (Prometheus)

Items & Companions:
-The Muses (Free)
-Jumper’s Argonauts x4 (400 CP)

....I kinda get where you're coming from, to be honest. I've a bad habit of skimming over battles where my Jumper isn't wholly invested in the outcome as an IC thing. Tell you what, I had a similar conversation with someone a while ago about Elder Dragons and I haven't been able to find out what Elder Dragons foght like, but I think there's more to work with here if I just switch the PoV:

"A thousand bolts of divine judgement pierced the seathing cosmos with gold, each etched with the promised victory of a legendary warrior. Ilya dropped her slice of cake, scrambling for cover as she stared at the forces at work. Achilles, Diomedes, Paris-the air hummed with their legends even as violet flames hot enough to ignite space itself contended with them. Something that would one day be the Longinus made impact, and the roaring cyclone lashed out with a singularity in retaliation"

"The once and future king laughed at the center of it all, like a maddened conductor. Ilya wondered what kind of hero would fight the apocalypse with any hope of victory. Atop his ship of light, he idly tapped the grail that enhanced the speed of his Gate. She could tell he was about to do something drastic?"

"Nameless, it was announced. Unknowable, it surged with the truth of the World. Uruk's king summoned all the shields of history and the tsunami of molten metal recoiled even as buckers blackened and Jericho's walls fell anew. EA, he cried, piercing the heavens that marched against him. His opponent roared like an erupting volcano even as he brought to bear his own unrelenting force. The scythe clashed against the star of rupture, painting a perfect spiral as a wound in the distance between them"

"The world went red. And that was the last Ilya remembered before she awoke, watching over the glowing crater outside their neighbourhood. It had been almost a month since the nightmares had started, like aftershocks of a calamity she couldn't imagine in her wildest noghtmares"

It's not a buff.

It's a compromise between "drawbacks trump perks" and the problem of defining what, exactly, a dynamic and active drawback with specifically mentioned capabilities can trump.

And, to repeat, the Elder Evils can solo most of Faerun. Yet actually fighting all of them makes them trivial to solo even they all joined forces.

"Fight strongest thing in-setting" can easily be less of a drawback than the standard "+100: You have amnesia".

Give respect and praise to Hestia. She's the only one of the Olympians who's worth a damn as a person.

cockblock Zeus...if you dare.

>Achilles Heel - Left Buttock

Well slap my ass and call me a biscuit.

Help that asshole Sisyphus out a little. Dude's still rolling a bolder up a fucking hill as we speak.

Then it's not worth the 800 points. If an entire part of the Drawback can be circumvented by on perk. It give a rewards and talks about it being a great feat to beat it, but you'd need two perks to defeat Gil as you two are saying it's set up. One purchase of Class Card Heart (Gilgmesh) so you can get an empty Gate to catch what he throws and one anti-Scry perk.

I was just saying that he'd know how to exploit the weakness. I didn't say it would allow him to beat the perfects full stop.

I mean that's one way to do it but I guess I interpret Drawbacks differently.

Me and are two different user's dude.

See you do great work when you write.

Yeah it's one of those things that I guess I'll have to disagree with some user's about. The higher a Drawback get's in points given the more I take it seriously. At 800 CP I treat everything as working the way IT says it works and I have to use perks creatively to get around that.

What you're trying to claim is non-sensical. If a drawback mentioned that your enemy can teleport would that mean that any of your anti-teleportation abilities would be null? Or if it describes the capabilities of an empire/organization chasing you would mean that those capabilities cannot be rendered null and will always exist by fiat? Mentioning his capabilities is fluff, not an actual part of the drawback unless explicitly mentioned.

Exposition in the drawbacks is a thing.

And that 'X drawback is less dangerous than Y' amounting for inter-jump balance is no thing a thing.

Using only in-setting powers against alone the strongest thing in said setting is going to result in instant death in most of the cases, hence why you cannot just give 100 CP for it.

>Then it's not worth the 800 points. If an entire part of the Drawback can be circumvented by on perk. It give a rewards and talks about it being a great feat to beat it, but you'd need two perks to defeat Gil as you two are saying it's set up. One purchase of Class Card Heart (Gilgmesh) so you can get an empty Gate to catch what he throws and one anti-Scry perk.
Agreed, defeating Gilgamesh is not worth 800CP. Dude's a chump, even with a fully-functioning Sha Nagba Imuru he wouldn't be hard to beat, because it's canon that Gil ignores any information he gets from it that hurts his ego. So yeah, he wouldn't use it to anywhere near its full effectiveness, and would get his ass kicked more or less like any other time someone halfway-competent fights him. I propose that the drawback be lowered to 400CP at most.