BBEG transforms from dainty sorceress into hulking dragon when you finally confront her

>BBEG transforms from dainty sorceress into hulking dragon when you finally confront her

Well shit, you're fucked now. How does your PC get out of this mess?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49431922/#49431922
youtube.com/watch?v=ENwFAmeWEYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>BBEG

How to look like a retard in 1 word.

>BBEG
nice.

YOU FOOL
YOU'RE ONLY MAKING ME HARDER!

>Well shit, you're fucked now. How does your PC get out of this mess?
We kill the dragon.

Duh.

It's adventuring, not rocket science.

>Please stop making thinly veiled fetish threads

>What fetish I don't know what you're talking about stop projecting

I see that's how it is.

We start bitching to the GM until he recalls that Beebee Eegie title he gave her, because I don't like it. Then the game stops as I'm thrown out of the house and into the loony bin.

>BBEG
>Big Bad Evil Gal
Checkmate

There are two interesting characters.

One decides to beat this challenge through whatever means they have available- bloodshed, romance, illusions, confusing dialogue, whatever your bag is, turn it out right now, 'cause it's the big time.

The other is to retreat through means already established, and then begin plotting to a degree that's frankly disturbing to everyone else in the group, because you are not leaving this one to chance.

All other answers are scrub.

It's big bad evil womyn, shitlord

>BBEG
No thanks.

Punch her in the face, just like the last five dragons. Repeat until dead.

Continue the planned seduction unabated.

>"Oh, darling, that's nice. For a moment I was afraid my dick wouldn't fit in you. Now it just might."

and we killed my party together and lived happily ever after

Would you prefer VNO?

>Well shit, you're fucked now.
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of explosives.

What's with all the retardation and butthurt regarding a simple term?

I mean, holy shit. Instead of being creative like you end up sounding like a useless player.

Newfags please leave.

Roll a charisma check to seduce the Dragon. Clearly the issue here is someone isn't getting enough dick.

My dude is a master diplomat.

Dragons are sapient.

We will be able to reach an understanding and make a deal.

Anyone who gets triggered over BBEG is either retarded or a newfag.

What this guy said. The only thing that's changed is all that anti-magic gear we brought is now kinda worthless and we have to adapt on the fly.

Fuckit. We've been flying by the seat of our pants for this long anyway, so this is par for the course!

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

I guess I wouldn't particularly mind. Seems kind of pointless to come up with a new one, though.

Something more direct wouldn't be pointless, but VNO is just as bad, if not worse.

The only meme here is hating on BBEG for no particular reason. Nobody thinks the term is sacred, it's just useful, and the shitheads trying to force the "BBEG is bad" meme are just doing it to be contrarian.

And just about everything you said is wrong.

The fuck is VNO?

She's a red dragon?

Awesome! Ice Spells are my favorites.

Destroys less loot that way.

I assume villain number one

>for no particular reason
Aside from it being overly long, lacking any humor, and being unnecessarily unclear? That, and it being designed to be stupid and succeeding in that.

>it's just useful
When you want to try and say that BBEG has any use because you don't want to type three more characters in order to just say villain and be not only more clear but less cringey, you're just going in circles while being lazy.

Thinking "BBEG" sounds dumb isn't contrarian, it's natural. It's what people expected you to think when they first started using it.

And just about everything you said is wrong.

Are you blind? That's not red at all. It's fucking magenta.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

I ROLL TO SEDUCE

>Dragon

"Guys we should take her prisoner. Make her... Uh, aanswer for her crimes. Yeah that."

Is this Pasta?

This entire thread is shitty pasta.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49431922/#49431922

It's a word that means something most everyone immediately understands, and to hate on that is the very essence of autism.

>"wow, that guy clearly fucked the shit out my argument. what can i possibly say now to try and perform damage control?"
>"uh, nuh uh. you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively"

This is why it's so easy to dislike not only the term, but the people who don't think they're stupid for using it.

>Big Bad Evil 'Gina
'Cause girls are icky

>oh no someone made a legitimate argument against my point
>better misquote him in terms of things i already argued against in my previous post
>whats a strawman?

So you're saying that she's less dangerous now? Can I take that as her surrender?

Unless she can still use magic, she IS less dangerous now.

>legitimate

Only in your head, kiddo. But, I'm glad you've given up.

>kiddo
>whats an ad hominem?

>BBEG

Stab it in the face until it dies or your weapon breaks. If the weapon breaks punch it in the face till either the dragon's face or your hand breaks. Repeat process until either the dragon or you are dead.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

I roll to seduce

I hastily google the ending of Sleeping Beauty on my phone.
Turns out you stab her with a sword.

Transform into a larger, but less hulking dragon. Though really, it'd be more of 'drop my alternate shape'.

Then grapple. Bet she can't cast while grappled.

I, too, transform into a dragon. Challenge accepted.

I reveal my true form as younger, smaller dragon and propose to her on the spot.

The building is rigged to explode and you are trapped inside.

Checkmate.

fucking foolproof

Not entirely. If the dragon is too tough to hurt and just ignores you, odds are good you just destroy your arm and pass out.

Also, the dragon can just fly away, ruining the plan.

>when the bard casts viscious mockery in a machinegun fashion

Punch it's wings

I throw my magical sword at her, duh.

Good to know it's actually this easy to bait Veeky Forums no matter how obvious it it is

I'm gonna go start a toon thread on /v/

>TOON

>"wow I have no argument except being contrarian, better just keep slamming my keyboard and hope for the best"

>Maestro Sorcerer

Looks like I'm possibly sacrificing myself!

youtube.com/watch?v=ENwFAmeWEYk

>you
How to look like a retard in 1 post.

You create a counter-phased explosion that cancels out the other explosion.
Check it.

Can you please stop getting your shit kicked in all these BBEG shitstorms already? You're not doing anyone any favors except for the people you keep arguing with.

>Aside from it being overly long
That's why it's an abbreviation, you drooling gibbon.
>lacking any humor
It's not supposed to be funny, it's supposed to convey information in a concise manner.
>and being unnecessarily unclear?
It's perfectly clear once you know what it means.

Face it, you autism just prevents you from getting it whenever it comes up, so you throw a little shitfit about it because you just can't understand.

Because they're from TVTropes, which uses "Big Bad" instead, and don't realise that words existed before that
>[Big Bad] is one of the most well-known tropes on the TV Tropes community, it being the first to have over thirty thousand [inbound links]

>BBEG transforms from dainty dragon into hulking sorceress when you finally confront her

You'd still get buried in rubble, wouldnt you? And counter explosion strong enough to clear the debris would squash you flat anyway.

Alternatively they consider it cool to make fun of TVTropes, so they mock any gaming terminology they don't recognize because they think TVTropes invented it.

IDK, probably by not confronting the BBEG in the first place, while continuing to buy out the local adventuring guild/suppliers

Because fuck actually doing work

Which is a shame, because the cancerous part of tvtropes is the commumity. The actual trope names themselves are perfectly fine, and occassionally even useful for referencing something you otherwise would have difficulty singling out.

It takes much longer to explain what a Xanatos Gambit is than it does to just drop the trope name, despite the fact that its actually really common in fiction.

Well, arguably the BBEG for the dimensional tear pf game is either the political priest being mind-altered by the maguffin, the maguffin itself, the dainty succubus we trust to be professional and scholarly but not necessarily nice or good, or the sibling maguffin that she is implied to have some awareness off. Perhaps a trifecta or more as other forces might find another sibling maguffin. Really, it'd just add that much more physical worry then what we're already worried about more than anything else.
I'm unsure of the BBEG for the exalted game, but them turning into a Tyrant Lizard with charms and intelligence would probably be more terrifying than a Dragon. Then again, there's always the Kukla.

>Proceed to transform into an equally hulking dragon
>buy time for the players to loot the BBEG
>Leave while laughing

>it being the first to have over thirty thousand [inbound links]

Probably because "villain" or "antagonist" isn't really a trope anymore than "protagonist" is, so there's a lot of people linking to it just because almost every story has an antagonist.

It's one of those things that reinforces that we really don't need a cutesy phrase for something as basic as milk or bread.

Yep, he pasta'd the same key beats from prior threads.

>BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

The fact that you are still using the same pasta from months(?) back disproves what you are saying here. Telll be oh brilliant pastalord, how long is a *doesn't have much of a shelf life.* according to you?

According to Disney's 'Sleeping Beauty', hack your way through the wall of thorns she creates, use your shield to one-time block her fire breath, then have the magic-user enchant your sword and throw it at her chest. This should slay her.

I think he's saying that the joke is stale. I think that's fair to say, in that I doubt anyone uses it for the sake of trying to be funny.

>"sword"

I'll fuck her.

Rolled 9 (1d20)

I do what my bard was born for

Seduce

You have at least a +7, right?

...check my character sheet real quick
Yeah plus 8

How'd I do?

Bust out the crossbow turrets, masses of magi including powerful sorceres, the 10 meter tall golem and tens of thousands of soldiers at it.

This looks like pasta. I don't have any other issues with it. Everyone say whatever you want.

Rig small shaped charges to blow apart the larger demolition charges EOD style

You have distracted her momentarily. Advantage on the next attack made.

>How to look like a retard in 1 word.
Is the word "ugh"?

Well.
She's a big girl.

Guess we kill the dragon like anyone normal would do.

>What's with all the retardation and butthurt regarding a simple term?
It's just one user with a specific autism that requires him to constantly check the catalog for threads that use the term BBEG.

It's no different than any of the other anons who make the repetitive threads about "why is this thread not off-topic", "there is no SJW conspiracy in RPGs", "Velma Dinkley saying 'stop that' with some olde archayiche spellings", or any of the many other customized copypastas that we regularly see on Veeky Forums.

Mine is the best.

>concise
It's the exact opposite of concise.
"Bad Guy" is more concise. "Villain" is concise. "Big Bad Evil Guy" is such a mouthful that it needs to be abbreviated just in order for it to be used, and even then it doesn't clearly say anything and requires someone to walk you through that they really just wanted to talk about the villain.

It's about as unnecessary and convoluted as it can get.

>It's perfectly clear once you know what it means.
Aside from that being a tautology, one of the major issues is that everyone ends up coming up with their own definitions as to what it means, and goes ahead assuming everyone agrees with them. It's the unfortunate symptom of the phrase not carrying an inherent definition (compared to a phrase like primary antagonist), which inevitably results in a decay in clarity as people continue to make their own assumptions as to what "Big Bad Evil Guy" means and whether there really is a point to it when "Bad Guy", "Villain", and a hundred other shorter and less awkward phrases already have existed for some hundreds of years.

Please, just go on and continue to use BBEG, but accept that it's not that great or useful or concise or even remotely intelligent. It's something dumb, almost entirely for the sake of being dumb.

Please, just stop making a fool of yourself trying to defend the phrase. Use it if you wish, but enough with these lame "defenses."

>BBEG transforms into a metallic dragon
>didn't account for alignment shift
>she suddenly finds her plans repulsive, and surrenders almost immediately

>It's just one user with a specific autism that requires him to constantly check the catalog for threads that use the term BBEG.

This doesn't really help your argument, because even to casual observers its clear that it's a fair number of people, and it's more ridiculous to believe that only one person would find something wrong with a clumsy phrase like "Big Bad Evil Guy" than vice versa.
You're not doing yourself any favors by hoping it's all only one person, especially since not liking the phrase isn't as impossible as you seem to want to present it to be. It's hardly a one-in-a-million thought to think "Big Bad Evil Guy is dorky in the worst way". Even Joss Whedon shortened it to "Big Bad" just because the full phrase is so awkward to say out loud, and Whedon himself is already dorky in the worst ways.

But the BBEG *is* bad
> What do you think the second B stands for

There tend to be multiple bad guys and villains in...anything. BBEG is used for the one at the end, the mastermind/driving force behind the bad stuff happening, the one that 'defeat this person' becomes a major part of the narrative.

>>BBEG transforms from dainty dragon into hulking sorceress when you finally confront her

Jokes aside, a slender, effeminate dragon transforming into a hulking berserker human form for combat is pretty amusing.

>evil sorceress finally attains the ancient magical artifact she's coveted the whole campaign
>it's an mask of dragon power, crafted by the gods themselves at the birth of the world
>she cackles insanely and slips it on, ready to grasp ultimate power
>her form ripples and grows as she shreds out of her clothes, becoming a hulking scaled monster
>she turns into an elegant silver dragon
>suddenly blinks and apologizes profusely and immediately works to undo the evil she did as a human

>After however long people still keep fucking biting
Guys please, just fucking ignore him god damn.

Can you rape a dragon?

>that one autist in every thread that bitches about magical realms for no reason

>BBEG is used for the one at the end,

By some people, not by all. We get people talking about multiple BBEGs in their campaigns, and also common confusion over whether the BBEG is the "main" or the "final" or the "most prominent/visible" villain. It's the sort of thing where people have argued in the past over whether Vader or Palpatine are the BBEG.
In the end, a fair amount don't really care about what kind of villain you're hoping to designate, and ultimately just use it interchangeably with "villain" or "antagonist".

For instance, in Buffy, the "Big Bad" was originally to designate the villain of a season, but those were ultimately controlled by a Big Bad that ended up lasting several seasons, but even this Big Bad was just a pawn of a greater force and evil intelligence. All of them are referred to Big Bads, both inside the show and outside of it.

Compared to an older phrase "Overlord" (which has remained largely consistent with the original image of a scary person overseeing an evil plan/organization), BBEG doesn't really have that level of clear representation.

>that one idiot who thinks that he can pretend there's no reason to complain about stuff, even though it's very obvious that there's plenty of reasons and that there's far more than only one person that disagrees with them

What leads a person to become this level of an idiot egotist?