I hear rumour that Amazon will be announcing in the next couple of days that they will be accepting XRP from next year

I hear rumour that Amazon will be announcing in the next couple of days that they will be accepting XRP from next year.
I'm jumping on.

Other urls found in this thread:

oracletimes.com/amazon-ripple-xrp-2018/
uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck would amazon accept a coin for bank transfers?

Slinging shit like a monkey isn't much of a rumour.

My coins for 2018 and ETH and BCH

Just what I read on one of my crypto groups from a respected trader. It didn't make too much sense to me either.

It's true

From all the fucking coins i like xrp the most, however, the company is fucking shit and manipulates the price everyday.

Still, great fucking coin. Fast transfer, except that sometimes transfers go missing on the txbook and shit.

nice fud. ripple to the moon

bullshit 100%

your source or go shill elsewhere

I've been hearing the same rumor, and as much as I'd like it to be true I sincerely doubt it.

From a speed/settlement viewpoint it makes sense, but from a utility viewpoint it doesn't. XRP was not intended to be a "retail" coin.

My source was literally what I saw on a facebook group post. I bought upon seeing that post.

However there's an analytical article here which suggests some reason as to why Amazon my adopt ripple

oracletimes.com/amazon-ripple-xrp-2018/

Pending announcements are coming today. Today is the last day of the year that announcements are scheduled

The rumor of Amazon started when Joel Katz said there were "2 huge, non bank household name" partnerships" being developed. See pic related.

Someone scoured a Youtube video from back in November at a Ripple convention in SK where the speaker was doing a slideshow about Ripples speed capabilities and whatnot, and how companies like Uber and Amazon could benefit from it. It was NOT a statement of fact, just a scenario.

It *would* make sense for Amazon to use XRP to facilitate overseas payroll payments, money transfers, etc... but not as an accepted currency for merchandise.

I think if there's any truth to the Amazon rumor, THAT'S going to be the use.

Notice, however, that JoelKatz just said "non-bank". He didn't say "non-financial". 2 big household names could be Coinbase and Western Union - and it would make perfect sense to use XRP on those platforms.

Food for thought.

Same reason they accept visa, MasterCard, American Express and discover.

this is by far the stupidest post on /biz today.

Congrats on that,

ripple brings banking to africa. Bill Gates's mission is to bring capitalism to africa. wallet requires 20 ripple to activate.

Very plausible scenario I was thinking about earlier. How do you think that would effect the price of ripple? Do you think normies would buy more if Amazon used it for payments? Obviously coinbase opening an exchange for it or any big player letting people purchase good for it will moon it but what about something like that?

Just gonna leave this here...

I think anything with "Amazon + Ripple" will have a FOMO effect but it will likely dry up once people actually understand the usage. That's not to say it still wouldn't drive up the price though.

Amazon employs over 500,000 people. I don't know how many of them are overseas... but let's assume at least half.

So now you've got Amazon putting constant buy pressure on Ripple to send XRP for the payrolls of a quarter million people. That's nothing to sneeze at, to be sure.

> Uber

OP you forget this one too

You didn't buy BZC yet user? Kek

UK firm is about to launch a card that lets the owner spend various crypto coins in store (including ripple_:

uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11

It's about to be listed on coinbase. It's going to be used in actual transactions. Ripple is about to blow up

Way too overvalued right now.

Waiting for dip to ~0.0087998 ETH.

That's true. You'd also have a bunch of overseas possibly trying to raise the price, maybe getting into crypto as well. I saw the XRP jump happening but wasn't sure what the Asians were buying it up for. I guess they're just more into the news than we are? I probably would have bought if it wasn't outside the Bollingers and pushed up 10 cents. Can't look back now though.

Hopefully the news is good and worth the purchase.

> he didn't read the White Paper