Eldar souls are extremely bright

>eldar souls are extremely bright
>human souls are moderate
>tau souls are a faint dim
Does that mean the Tau are resistant to Chaos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gF-i9ypRDXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

Yes, both in terms of being nearly invisible to Daemons, not tasty, and very resilient to corruption due their adherence to the Greater Good.

>The Tau have not developed psychic abilities, possibly due to a chemical mixture in their brains that prevents access to the warp. Why they developed this is unknown, but it prevents the Tau Empire from being easily corrupted by the forces of Chaos. None of their units have psychic abilities.

Yes

They are less visible and less enticing to Chaos.

They are no harder to corrupt than your average Eldar or Marine. Probably easier, actually, since they generally have superhuman willpower. They ARE, however, more resilient to reeducation into Chaos than your average human, as The Greater Good is one helluva drug.

They mutate under the touch of Chaos and burn in psychic fire just as easily as anyone else.

Actually, a Daemon comments that the Tau are notoriously difficult to corrupt thanks to their ironclad belief in the Greater Good.

So Tau souls taste bad?

To be fair, so are Marines and Eldar. We see a lot of Chaos Marines but they're only a tiny, miniscule fraction of Marines created since the Heresy. Your average individual Marine is pretty rock solid.

And there aren't enough Chaos Eldar for them to have any kind of representation in the game, just a throwaway line stating that there are Chaos Eldar that have been alive since the Fall.

Not him, so only guardsmen get corrupted in droves?

Are you telling me if I drain tau brains I can suppress people's psychic powers?

Pretty much. I mean, if you're a normal dude and forced to face a universe of horrors on the regular, then the promise of power and safety that chaos whispers in your ears will be mighty tempting if you're not the Tanith 1st.

Correct. Actual spoilers ahead.

In the Word Bearers trilogy, they're able to corrupt guardsmen with but the mere presence of Chaos itself tainting the area and causing sickness and mutation. The guardsmen are given gas masks and instructed that it's likely an airborne chemical weapon because the guard aren't allowed to know about Chaos. Later on, the afflicted and those near the WB controlled areas suddenly betrayed the loyal guardsmen. Afferwards, the regular guardsmen were all mind-wiped and had the event erased from their minds, and were told something along the lines of traitor guard regiments attacked, or something like that iirc.

Though rarely entire chaoters can fall, such as the Seekers of Truth, whom were cursed to hear every lie spoken by anyone in the Imperium of Man. They became Tzeentchian very quickly.

Probably, but that would be innovative and useful, therefore it would be Biotech-Heresy.

The big exception was with the Horus Heresy. A big problem is that Marines generally follow their Primarch/Chapter Master/Chapter into heresy

Well humans in general really. Cults crop up all the time on planets and if the Ecclesiarchy or the Arbites doesn't crack down on them in time they can do some serious damage.

Does camo make you resistant to bullets?

This.
they also aren't worth the effort because they're like stale popcorn, rather than actual food or candy like humie and eldar souls.

Bullets don't exist in an alternate reality.

If the person operating the gun has a harder time locating you, and therefore is less likely to hit you with their bullets?

Yes.

So the Ecclesiarchy is right? So long you strongly believe in any religion/ideology, you won't fail to Chaos, whereas cannon fodder fall in droves?

thats not what the ecclesiarchy believe. The ecclesiarchy believes... what they believe. There is not ulterior motive. They drink the Kool-Aid.

Now if you're asking whether or not this faith, this true faith in a patently false god - and let us be honest, meta-textually, we know the Emperor is not a god beyond the nascent sense due to being tethered to the Materium - does in fact lend protection? Yes, it does. Despite the fact it SHOULDN'T, the Emperor does indeed protect, and the SoB's in particular manifest miraculous phenomenon.

The problem of course is that faith by it's nature is not 100% rational, and in emotions we find the domain of chaos. This is why the Emperor sought, in futility, to eradicate religion and superstition in order to deny chaos the foothold that such emotive thinking could bring. Of course, humans being humans, we could never be 100% rational. It still defies reason to this day that the Emperor, in all his experience, had not long since realized man kind would never be that in control of their hind brains. Idiot ball from the writers I guess.

Same way Apple products are more resistant to viruses and hacking.

>Fleet-Admiral Constantine and Aun’el T’au Ko’vash were the unwitting conduits of horrific energies. A pale violet corona surrounded each one, unnatural flames coruscating across their bodies.

>Constantine’s voice had given out a little over ten minutes ago, warpbe-praised; his screams and curses were growing tiresome. By now, Severus was pleased to note, his very flesh was beginning to shift, mutations bubbling through his body like clots of blood hulking painfully along veins and arteries, eyes rolled back into his head.

>Coming along nicely, he thought.

>The tau, by comparison, was an entirely disappointing subject. Around his skull the energies seemed to boil and flex, hunting impotently for some foothold of emotion or excess with which to work. Impervious to psychic persuasion, a living embodiment of focus and calm, the ethereal was proving to be a very difficult creature to corrupt. Severus rather suspected that, when he arrived, Tarkh’ax would deem the tau race unworthy of Chaos’s more insidious attentions and choose to obliterate them instead.

-------------------------

>He glared through Severus’s eyes at the tau ethereal and dismissed the grey figure as a possibility. The host would need to be corruptible. Tainted.

>Attempting to infiltrate Ko’vash’s mind had been like waves breaking against a cliff. It would take centuries to wear him down. Ironic, then, that it would take just moments to wipe him away utterly. He raised the knife for a killing blow.

>Severus had captured the admiral and ethereal with good intentions, Tarkh’ax supposed. Two high-ranking officials, corrupted and returned to their people, would be a valuable resource indeed. But the admiral had broken like dry wood and the ethereal was a steel fortress. Two extremes. Both useless.

-From "Fire Warrior"

The Tau are HARD to corrupt even when the daemons try because the Tau are inherently good people. Generally, the Tau have no hate, greed, excess, or self ambition in their hearts

They are new in the galaxy and their hearts are still pure and noble.

please be bait

A person cannot be this retarded or miss the point this much

However, there are some Tau who get tainted by their inner turmoil. These rare cases among Tau get opened to the vile machinations of Chaos. While usual Tau suppress the darkness within them, these Tau have it shine as targets to the villians of the Warp. La'Kais was one such Tau.

>‘I sensed you this morning, when you set down on this world. I’ve had millennia to prepare, little tau. Millennia of oozing myself into the minds of mortals. I’ve whispered and hissed into more brains than I can remember, through the years. I tasted your species this morning, like a fine wine, and found it wanting…’

>‘So disappointing, I thought. An incorruptible race. No psychic powers. No dark desires or secret horrors… Hmm… On that count, at least, I was wrong. You merely keep them well hidden…

>‘But you… alone among thousands. I could taste you! Such bitterness! Such shame!

>‘You’re strong, there’s no doubt about it. You’re skilled at your craft. You cut a bloody swathe to me like a knife through the warp, but not because you could…

>‘Because I made you want to…

>‘And now you seriously think you can cast off my gift and kill me? Little tau, you have a lot to learn.’

-From "Fire Warrior"

>Ignores the greentext where the daemon fails to detect any sin or vice in an Ethereal just to throw ad homs

Imperialfags everyone.

>This is why the Emperor sought, in futility, to eradicate religion and superstition in order to deny chaos the foothold that such emotive thinking could bring. Of course, humans being humans, we could never be 100% rational. It still defies reason to this day that the Emperor, in all his experience, had not long since realized man kind would never be that in control of their hind brains. Idiot ball from the writers I guess.

Wasn't there a human group called like the Exeter or the Introns or something that educated people about Chaos and had hardly any corruption at all?

>''The daemonlord sensed something was wrong. The bloodlust it had gifted to the tau creature was waning. It evaporated like water, unclouding the tiny morsel’s mind and leaving it cold and sharp: a dagger of focus that no amount of insidious corruption could ever penetrate''

>''It didn’t matter. A pure tau died just as easily as a tainted one''

-Fire Warrior

However, the taint of Chaos has weak purchase on a Tau's soul. Once Kais resolved his inner turmoil, the taint of Chaos washed away from him leaving pure focused and utterly incorruptible. A noble and determined soul is after all the bane of Chaos.

Interex. Main case for the Emperor's plan being absolute shit. They educated their populace about "Kaos" and in doing so almost completely denied them any foothold.

In the ETHERIAL, yes, literally a fucking Buddhist monk crossed with a Brahmin priest

Kais is explicitly corrupted, albiet subtly, across the span of the story

More over, the Tau came out of a period of bloody racial civil war among the nation-state that would become the five castes only with the help of.the ethereals

That's why they're terrified of mon'tau

It represents a return to the violence and destructive behavior they are well capable of.

They haven't developed psychic abilities just yet, that's all.

They will eventually though too bad they won't survive long enough

>Kais is explicitly corrupted, albiet subtly, across the span of the story

Read the other posts. Kais was a rare case because of his feelings toward his father and uncertainty of his place in the Greater Good opened him to corruption while the other thousands of Tau were shut to Chaos.

Kais overcame his inner doubts and conflict and emerged pure and shielded from Chaos. Proving that the Tau indeed possess the noblest of souls (though tiniest a well).

>That's why they're terrified of mon'tau

Unfounded fear seeing that the Farsight Enclave is a thing. Farsight proved that the Tau have progressed beyond darkness that haunted them before. They no longer need the Ethereals.

>too bad they won't survive long enough
We won't know this; the fucking sun will go out before GW advances the story that far.

i always just figured it was an evolved adaption from living on a planet that was in a warpstorm for a few thousand years.

No, they won't. They are an uplifted species. They follow eugenic programs and the Ethereals know everything about Chaos. There's no room for natural evolution.

the impression i get is that its not so much bad, as plain.
A tau soul is like a peice of plain bread, human souls are like a plateful of roast meat and veggies while an eldars soul is like a buffet of bacon and chocolate.

>Kais overcame his inner doubts and conflict and emerged pure and shielded from Chaos

It proved he was determined and also the protagonist of the plot. Not that there's something inherently 'good' about the Tau. The tau are just people, no more good or evil than anyone else. And the Empire has plenty of sinister elements.

The Tau believe they're helping the Galaxy in the same way Mike Pence thinks he's helping gay people by electrocuting them

Sort of, in the same way that Brussels sprouts are more resistant to humans than bacon

I guess they are more resistant to the psychic taint of chaos the same way a noble gas doesn't react with others and can't get mixed under normal circumstances.
I reckon they aren't more resistant to the physical taint of chaos than any other i guess. If a tau gets evelopef in psychic fire, he burns like everyone else. If a tay gets touched or stung by a fly of nurgle, he mutates and so on

If the Tau are not inherently good, then explain why Eldrad feels a strange fondness for them and believes that one day they will conquer the darkness within themselves and surpass the Eldar's greatest works.

Eldrad is kind of a manipulative dick.

>taking anything from Fire Warrior seriously

>people still don't understand that Chaos only let Interex be because they were gonna use them to corrupt Horus

Evidence?
Also, isn't Tzeentch fated never to have any of his plans come to fruition or he'd die or some stupid shit like that? And that kind of plan seem far too complex for the other three.

so wait.. the golden throne.......
youtube.com/watch?v=gF-i9ypRDXQ

Tzeentch made a deal with Magnus to stop the flesh change while in reality he merely postponed it, he also took his eye and subtly influence his ego and thirst for knowledge. This led to Magnus dabbling into forbidden knowledge, which led to the council of Nikaea. Then he told Magnus that Horus was gonna betray Imperium, so that Magnus tries to contact The Emperor, and in doing so destroy the Webway Project. In doing so, Tzeentch accomplished 3 things.
He destroyed The Imperial Webway, the biggest reason The Emperor was a threat.
He made sure The Emperor would have to sit on The Golden Throne for the majority of The Heresy and ESPECIALLY Siege of Terra, thus taking out their most dangerous foe.
Because of Nikaea, he knew that Russ would be sent to capture Magnus, and then he just told Horus to change the orders to kill him. Then he returned the Flesh Change and forced Magnus to join him. In one plot, Tzeenth destroyed The Emperor's main goal, forced him to the sidelines of the most important conflict in history, and secured himself one of the most loyal and intelligent Primarchs.
Tzeenth may be a meme these days, but he's called The Architect of Fate for a reason.

Not really.

The Ecclesiarchy doesn't believe for a functional purpose, it just believes.

And it's such a twisted and warped religious that it's very easy to subvert toward Chaos. There's actually very little difference between a sacrificial bloodletting to the Emperor and a bit of mild Khorne worship.

>There's actually very little difference between a sacrificial bloodletting to the Emperor and a bit of mild Khorne worship.

How about the gods those souls go to? That seems like a pretty big difference to me

>Generally, the Tau have no hate, greed, excess, or self ambition in their hearts

You're retarded

WHAT IS COMMANDER FARSIGHT'S SECRET?! REEEEE!!

Is one of the missiles full of bullets?

aren't yours?

But this cant be fully right can it? The only reason they do have an "ironclad belief" to begin with is because the Etherials are there to guide them towards this goal.

In practice, this means that a tau that is left with free will, is not at all as encouraged to follow the true path.

Based Tau.

Even Farsight still believes in the Greater Good. Chances are, most Tau never meet an Ethereal in their entire lives.

They are mellower.
They don't desire thing as strongly, nor does their hate burn as hot as humans.
A "Tau Exodite" would be less prone to chaos than a human, and would fit into order more easily, but I guess it would be more easily tempted than a normal Tau.

>tfw the Greater Good is a more effective philosophy than the Emperor, who should be the main opponent of Chaos

Mmh, I'd would say that there's an ethereal forevery 400/2000 Tau given that the Ethereals are often assigned in Contingents.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Tau without the Ethereals and the Greater Good are bloodthirsty warmongers.

Were.
Now though?
They are weird.
Whatever happened during the warpstorm changed them.
How strong would an untampered tau's soul burn?

nothing happened in the warp storm except the arrival of the ethereal though

Yeah, but what did they do during their time alone?
The Tau seem "engineered" but tho what extent?

That's not resisting them. It's not getting shot at to begin with.

>big shoo

You have Tzeentch. The fuckers plans span millenia.
Which is exactly the point, with Chaos in the picture everything could be a trap that leads to damnation.
People doing well with education about the warp? Could be a honeytrap. Neither they nor you know until it's too late. Or they could be right. But are you really willing to try? The Warp fucked over mankind twice already...
Stuff being really shit because witchhunts? They could be right, or they could have a demon fast food service without knowing.

Ok, so retarded question:
Once someones soul is devoured in warp, he will be poof gone? or is there any way to actually reassemble it?
So will it be possible for Big E/Yinnead to restore eaten Human/Eldar Souls

Eldar souls don't disassemble in the Warp even when they're eaten by a bigger Warp entity.

Dunno if you could theoretically piece a destroyed human soul together.

Isn't Emps slowly creating some undead army from once deceased human souls, or is it a false information?

>Tau are not so bright

More news at 11.

I don't think that's ever really been given any serious canon-status at all.

Not that I see why the Emperor would need an undead army. Since he's alone a match for the 4 Chaos Gods, he really just needs someone to be able to replace him on the Throne long enough to destroy them. A whole undead army of mooks probably wouldn't achieve anything, in 40k logic single strong entities far outweigh masses of weaker entities combined.

Isn't the Emperor like rotting away mentally, physically and spiritually, in an eternal agony?

As far as they know.

>Since he's alone a match for the 4 Chaos Gods

This hasn't been canon for a long while.

Hence why he doesn't need an Undead army, he just needs someone to heal him back up and give him a chance to get off the throne.

Also does agony even mean anything when you are a practically omniscient night invulnerable infallible being? I mean I doubt the Emperor ever goes 'oh no, the pain it is so great!' or is actually inconvenienced by it. I'd imagine its just the fact that he's being prevented from taking action which annoys him, I doubt any legitimate pain factors into it.

So I'd say he's probably more irritated than in agony.

Literally all four Chaos Gods crap their pants at just the knowledge of his existence.

Aye, but he does not get weak because of that.
And as faith forms reality via the warp in 40k he is no longer really human to begin with.

>Caring about those little experiments made by the Necrons

Pretty much. Something chaosfags tend to ignore. Their gods went out of their way to fight him for a long while. He is still around. This should tell them something about his power. And the power of the 4 in return.

It doesnt matter.
Humans just need him on throne for communications in warp. if they could achieve Eldar like technology of fast travel, they would let him die, probably, but then again, this may cause human version of eye of terror.

So he is now the actual god of order?

Now I'll admit my Tau lore is really lacking, but didn't we have a Tau taking orders from a talking sword?

Seems pretty chaos to me.

Technically, yeah. Getting rushed by some Bloodletters is still going to end very poorly, but in terms of phsyical/mental corruption, quite resistant. In Dark Crusade, invading the Chaos stronghold has Eliphas talking directly through people's minds and giving most factions nervous breakdowns. He does the same to the Tau and Kais just gets annoyed

>wtf is up with all this radio static, stupid fucking Earth caste fucked up this time

FPBP

/thread

>Black Library fanfiction-tier garbage

Eldar aren't more vulnerable to Chaos than humans - they just attract much more attention by having juicy tasty bright souls. Similarly Tau aren't more resistant - just less preon to attract daemonic attention. Hell, some sources claim daemons see them as non-sapient animals not worth the trouble for how much you gain by eating them

Explain how they could have darkness within themselves if they were inherently good.

It's not getting hit actually.
Though Tau are more the example of "not getting attacked at all"

Erebus reassembled Cyrene Valantion after her being dead for entire year, so yeah, it's possible.

>What is the Farsight Enclave

Gee, it's almost as if a race can learn that working together instead of murdering each other for small differences can occur without mind control, user.

If the pheromone theory is true it makes perfect sense that Ethereal would be 100% temptation-proof firm believer into a Greater Good.

He also said they Humans and Eldars are united in fate, so whats your po...
Wait. Are we talking about another EoT?

Yes. It appears to be a fragmentation rocket that breaks apart and saturates an area with bullets in order to kill infantry in groups.

But it isn't. If it was true all of Farsight's forces would have turned side when they arrived on Mu'gulath Bay, and Shadowsun and that one Earth Caste Scientists wouldn't actively disobey Ethereals at times with no negative side effects whatsoever.

So, yeah, Phereomone theory hasn't been true for a while.

They don't shit themselves over him because he can literally beat them up, because he can't.

He's dangerous to them because he's an immensely powerful being in the material realm, mostly beyond their reach and too awesome for their servants to take on, with intricate knowledge of what they are and how to fight them (or he was, anyway). They were afraid of his plan, and the fact that he could back it up, not at the possibility that he'd smack them down in Warp fisticuffs. I mean if the Emperor could have just beaten the Chaos gods up, don't you think he would have?

The Emperor represented a threat to their ability to influence realspace.

Pheromones help convincing someone into a Greater Good, but the fact it actually works and is a worthwhile moral system means it gonna stick even after the pheromone effect fades unless some event utterly completely shatters Tau beliefs. It's not a magical mind-control that renders victim unable to disobey, but a brainwashing drugs that helps indoctrinating him into a new philosophical and ethical stance. When it comes to Ethereals they're under it's effect 24/7 so even if they do have belief-shattering experience it would not affect them since they're brainwashing themselves 24/7 with no trace of doubt and non-GG-approved emotions left in their minds.

Given how the Emperor practically gave Chaos an elite army, and how often Imperial culture ends up breeding Chaos cults on the sidelines, it's pretty clear that the wrong ideology won out.