What would you think of a fantasy setting that resembles the D&D standard...

What would you think of a fantasy setting that resembles the D&D standard, except that within the past 50 years or so it's become the popular fashion for dragons to slum it among humanoids, with some minor magic to get around on two legs and fit into humanoid buildings and so on?

I would start a race war to keep degenerate like you away from the dragon.

What's with all the copypasta being posted today? Are you going to do japanese bird cooking spaghetti next? Or Flare?

The important question is, how much money can the merchants make selling them different outfits every day?

Dangerous business, clothing dragons. If they find out their new dress is a day out of fashion, they might just burn your shop down.

That's why you sell them magical dresses that fall apart as soon as they're out of fashion. That way the dragon can never be caught wearing anything outdated!

>it's become the popular fashion for dragons to slum it among humanoids, with some minor magic to get around on two legs and fit into humanoid buildings and so on?
Isn't that actually the case with a few of the metallic dragon types?

I was under the impression that they went around in Humanoid form?

From OP, I thought he meant that Dragons would walk around AS dragons with no disguises or magic.

That seems to be the idea, or at least a minimally humanoid version of the dragon form.

>the dragons always leave the ball just before midnight because if they stay their clothes will fall apart in the middle of the dance

I would try to rape them. In fact, I would try to rape them regardless of whether or not they were slumming it with humies. They don't call me Johniass Dragonraper for nothing.

Dragons could rise to power real quick on just experience alone and not so much on being big monsters.
It would take a humble dragon like Bahamut to want to live a humble life among the common folk as something less than a full blown dragon, only half (or less) of the good dragons would want to do that.

This is why we have heroes like Johniass Dragonraper who can keep the dragons egos in check with his mighty weapon. Rape Culture? You bet! Not celebrating St. Dragonraper's day is not only unpatriotic, it's high treason. Doubly so if you happen to be a dragon.

>tfw no dragon gf

You cannot rape a dragon. Dragon venerate strenght, if you can beat them will have sex voluntary.

You know, the funny thing is that dragons are a natural human phenomenon. They exist everywhere in every human culture.

They're built out of our primordial fears. They're made of snakes, cats, and hawks - all the beasts that used to devour our ancestors, and our ancestors ancestors, and our ancestors ancestors before them.

Now dragons are friends and companions rather than powerful all destroying murderbeasts. People adventure with them, have fun with them, and even bang them. What does that say about us and our fears? Big cats and snakes can't hurt us unless we go out of our way to poke them and the man-devouring birds are gone, we ate them all.

There's some old fluff in one of the D&D books about dragons almost uniting to wipe out a single species from the multiverse, that species being humans. It becomes clear that they'd lose, though. Does that mean that in the eyes of the world we've become the dragons? Will new species come into being with a phobia of man?

And everyone knows what happens when the rising dragon meets the falling god. The world ends and a new one is born. What happens when man and dragon rankle at the shackles and control of the gods and decide to make their own destiny?

Tell that to Sir Dragonraper and his book, "533 Wayes to Rape Yon Dragone." Granted, many of them require you to be a Paladin and some creative uses of Smite Evil, but still, definitely worth a look for anyone working to subjugate dragons with their schlong.

That sword thing looks stupid. How can you possibly guide and use the blade when it's held like that.

It's a bayonet, user.

Any dragonkind slumming with you dirty apes deserves to be skinned and and burned alive.

Unless it had no less than 70% of the world in a constant crusade to purge the world of that reptillian filth, I would view it as extreme furfaggotry that has no place in a game I should be playing.

That sounds cute.

>Paladins
>Lawful Good
>Rape

I'm sure the world would suddenly become a lot more polite all of a sudden. I mean, whose going to risk being a jackass when anyone could suddenly be a dragon in disguise?

>Insult the homeless guy?
>Dragon'd
>Don't leave a tip to the waitress?
>Dragon'd
>Don't use a coaster?
>Dragon'd

Not him, but technically it's a lawful good act raping a chaotic evil creature that only respects strenght, because it will allow you to become the alpha and establish new rules. As long as you don't enjoy it.

No, Paladins: Awful good rape.

Domestication changed the way we react to animals. Now the instinct isn't "how can I escape it?" but "how can I use it?"

Given that domestication tends to make animals cuter and more social, what would domesticated dragons be like?

>It's almost kind of plausible if you consider the effects of dragons already regularly living among humans, and change shape meaning much shorter generations than dragons would have without it.

before domestication

after domestication

skull shape would be less developed, they'd be smaller, perhaps unable to use an elemental breath attack, and their roar would be more a yip. just like all domesticated animals, they largely exhibit neoteny, where they simply don't grow up and remain child-like forever.

I'd fuck the shit out of that fucking dragon.

Goddamn.

Urge to make a "Domesticated" template for true dragons is now rising.

Pic might be related.

One day the humans breeding the dragons noticed the one male with a little tuft of white on the end of his tail, and decided he was going to be the father of a whole generation.

A few generations later, all blue dragons have plumed tail tips. And breathing problems.

Don't even fucking joke about that.

Here's a rough idea of how to do it:

>Treat all stats as though four age categories lower (minimum wyrmling)
>Apply -4 Str/-4 Con/+4 Cha

And for furfags:

>Remove change shape if any
>Apply the effects of the Anthropomorphic Animal spell

Also

>can be affected by spells as though a Magical Beast