How do I get my players to stop having in-character lewds in my online game...

How do I get my players to stop having in-character lewds in my online game? I caught them at it when one of them accidentally posted in the IC room instead of PM.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's away from the game and generally kept among themselves I don't think you can, and honestly I'm not confident it's any of your business anyway.

agreed

This, let them have their fun and make friendly jabs when they accidentally post in public.

Join in on the lewds. Use your control of the setting to force your fetishes onto them. They'll become too uncomfortable to continue.

Tell them to stop doing it during your games. Kind of rude to not pay attention.

It is his business if they're doing it during game time. He just needs them to change their hours of deviancy.

I don't see the problem as long as they're holding hands IC

Yes. Assert your dominance!

Obviously them posting in the IC room means someone in the IC room caught them on the act.

Play up on that.

Hold on nigger are those Eren and Mikasa playing out my fetish? If this is in any way related to your players' in-character lewds, they have great taste.

Halfling trap with half-price Battle master Fighter, looked like it might have been "femdom"-lite. In other words, I can't ever novelized my story now and they've tainted it forever.

>Half-price

That should be half elf

Neuter their characters in-game.

>novelize my story
And now you've outed yourself as a trash GM anyway.

this

bitch who cares, if its happening out of your eyes then it's not really canon. it's the equivalent of fan art.

let your people bust their nuts, clearly sexual gratification isn't a motivator for you- but it is to your players. why would you rain on their spermy parade?

If you're jealous somehow, or want to get in on it, there are ways to go about that too. but, tread cautiously. plot attention is still plot attention.

Tell them not to do it during the game.

What problem is there if they ERP outside of it? What concern is it of yours?

how are you paying attention to what your doing with flirting and shit blocking up your brain? just jerk it on your own time and play the game like everyone else.

>novelize
>tainted

fuckin lel

>Using someone's game for smut
>Not their business
If you fuck in someone's shed during their pool party I know this analogy is probably too much of a stretch already now, don't be surprised if people get upset when they catch you.

Never recruit from here.

>Novelize my story
>my
Nigga no.
Besides, idiot, if you really want to write a story based on a campaign, just re-name the characters and edit out the things you don't like if you're not too much of a sperglord to care that it's NOT EXACTLY THE WAY YOU REMEMBER IT.
Jesus. It's not that hard. Besides, not using exactly what happened will force you to *gasp* be creative and semi-original.

>online game

You can't stop them and there's no point trying to or even worrying about the issue.

Are you autistic?

It's their game too.

Why stop it?
Seriously?
As long as they aren't ERPing during the main game, who cares?
Well you should care in that you should encourage it. More lewds is good!

Personally I'd be honoured knowing that, as a GM, I made a world developed enough for characters to fuck in.

On a more serious note,my players (and I) regularly play out romance, flirts and fucking. We just keep the explicit stuff to side RPs and fade-to-black whenever something particularly lewd happens in the main game.

I feel like it has given our characters and the NPCs a more nuanced and richer life. They made connections they normally wouldn't have and a lot of personal growth happens in those side sessions.

I've always felt that acting as if sex and related topics didn't exist in a game felt really shallow and immature. Even if it's COMPLETELY irrelevant to the story and setting.
People fuck. It's an intrinsic part of nature and people. ignoring that is on the same level for me as ignoring characters' need for rest and food.

And hey. If you get your rocks off, that's just a neat bonus!

>novelize
>my story
kys

It's the GMs game. If the GM didn't agree to such lewds precampaign, you shouldn't be shitting it up with your out of game distractions. IE if you're not gonna play the damn campaign, don't join it.

No it's not. It's a collaborative story.
Also, if PCs didn't agree to the story novelization precampaign, the DM is an IP thief, not to mention a tremendous faggot.

The GM is the one running the campaign. That takes a lot of work. He has last word on the themes and boundaries of the campaign, and you would have known what those were before you signed up.

If you're going to deliberately not pay attention and derail the campaign with your uninvited smut, you're being a piece of shit and the GM should tell you to GTFO.

>If they didn't agree to novelization he's an IP thief.
Here I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unless he was open with them about this up front and got them to agree, in writing, he has no rights to publish anything with their characters.

>distractions

You mean like roleplaying, which is literally what's happening here?

>The GM is the one running the campaign. That takes a lot of work. He has last word on the themes and boundaries of the campaign

Sure. But without players he has no game, just an incomplete story.

>derail
>themes
>implying two PCs fucking violates the themes or derails the campaign

Be honest, do you have autism? Or do you just run games where every PC interaction is pre-arranged and scripted?

Players are literally a dime a dozen.

and players are a dime a dozen. masturbate on your own time.

I mean side-role-playing their smut in the middle of a tense gunslinger showdown in the actual game, or whatever. Yes.

They are distractions from the actual campaign, whether those distractions are sideline role-playing (freeform ERP) is irrelevant. They're still not paying attention to what's going on in the actual campaign.

>Without players there's no game.
You're assuming he couldn't find players? I think it's more likely he turned people away in favor for these guys who aren't paying attention to the game. But it doesn't really matter. I'd rather wait until I have decent players than try to run a game for a bunch of chucklefucks who ruin it because they'd rather fuck around on their phones or sideline erp or whatever.

If I'm in the middle of trying to run combat and you and Steve are erping in a side conversation and don't know what the fuck is going on, that's derailing the damn game.

>Two PCs fucking violates themes
Not necessarily, but it could definitely violate the boundaries of the campaign. I've played in several campaigns that had the boundary of "sex scenes will never be described by more than "the have sex" and skipping ahead to after the sex", and. If they signed on for and agreed to that and then violated that agreement, they're cunts and should be immediately ejected from the campaign like the rotten garbage they are.

I once got violated by a half-orc barmaid when I was playing an elf. The dm went into a little too much detail. I'm cool with lewds, but that took it slightly too far.

Are they doing it while you're running? Tell them to cut that shit out and do it in their off-time.

I usually fade-to-black because I have no interest in describing the act itself with my neckbeard friends.

Having slept with 3/5th of the party IRL helps with that issue.
I can see how it'd get awkward fast though

>the DM has the right to arbitrate on what two PCs do in their downtime in PM out of sight of the others.

Nah. The only garbage here is you.

>implying that combat or something tense was going on

That's projection on your part unless you're OP. For all we know they were chilling at the inn. This whole post reeks of "REEEEE PAY ATTENTION TO MY EPIC STORY REEEEE".

I'm guessing you have player issues of your own, but don't shart that nonsense onto this thread and everyone else. IC lewds are a great way to build a character's personality and interpersonal connections.

>all players are equally good and equally interchangeable as faceless cogs in muh grand narrative

Shit DMs detected.

Those boundaries are fine within the context of the game room that everyone has to see and probably SOP. However, when it comes to stuff happening in PMs or a side room, which can be inferred from OP's post, that's a private matter between two players and the only reason for a DM to get butthurt over it is if he's grossed out or was trying to romance one of them with an NPC. I've seen the latter before, it was hilariously cringeworthy how cucked the DM felt.

They're doing it mid session, while the GM is trying to run a game, retard, otherwise nobody would give a shit.

>>All players are interchangeable
That's not what they were saying at all. They were saying you don't have to choose between shitty players and no players. If you kick shitty players out, there are other players to take their place.

As for the second part, OPs complains about PMs showing up in the main chat during session make it pretty clear they're doing it while the game is going on.

And under such circumstances it's entirely reasonable to be annoyed they're not paying attention, and (if they agreed to such boundaries in advance) it's also entirely reasonable to be annoyed that they're fucking masturbating during the game and spilling their fetish posts into the main chat.

LOGS
O
G
S

>all players are equally good and equally interchangeable as faceless cogs in muh grand narrative

No I thought i was pretty clear that these players are shit, and replaceable.

This. If you're not going to share, at least show us your tits.

youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

>shit

If it was an accident that it came up at all, then no, the only shit one here is you for being so afraid of lewdness. Who hurt you, user?

Pay attention to what? I'm sure if they were in combat OP would have bitched about it because it would help his case. Pay attention to the stuff going on in downtime? To fluff one can easily read over because it's an online game when one is done boning their paramour? Your entire argument, you pusillanimous little varlet, is built on projection likely based on some player not wanting to hear your DMPC's "epic speech". If you're willing to kick people for an offense that minor, you WON'T HAVE PLAYERS because word will get around that you're an awful cunt that hates fun. More likely, the game will just die with two people gone unless you really luck out with finding replacements. Of course, that's something I know because I actually run games. You clearly don't, and I suggest you go back to plebbit and keep your pretend stories there while the big boys on Veeky Forums roll grown-up dice, okay sweetums?

This. If that really was OP mentioning halfling trap on half-elf fighterboy, I want to read it.

>If it was an accident that it came up at all, then no, the only shit one here is you for being so afraid of lewdness. Who hurt you, user?

You don't get out much do you?

>All those accusations.
You sure showed me.

Seriously though, all this thread has convinced me of is that games with strangers over the internet are cancer, and everyone should stick to meatspace games.

>exactly one minute, thirty seconds apart

Wew lad.

Let me find the only argument in your two posts worth responding to

>meatspace games are better than online games

This is debatable. Lewds aside, it's a lot easier to get nerds together over the internet and statistically with a bigger pool to choose from by eliminating proximity as a factor you'll have better players. Parallel to this, there's a reason why most of Those DMs only run meatspace games, and it's because they only have players by virtue of being the only game around.

Online games are for the Veeky Forums master race unless you're very much a normie with a normie group of friends you play all your games with, likely some urban or college faggot, in which case REEEE GET OUT.

>slept with 3/5 of the party
YOU DON'T GET TO CASUALLY SAY THAT AND NOT EXPLAIN FUCKER. START TALKING

So is this like a false flag, or do you really think that post makes your opinions look even remotely reasonable?

Either way I wouldn't play with you.

>I can't ever novelized my story now and they've tainted it forever.
Really? You are joking right? Well for one thing it their story too. And for another have you ever tried reading any fantasy novels? Half of them have plenty of fucking going on if you read between the lines, and the other half actively calls it out and fades to black.

>novelized
>my story

This has gotta be bait now

Jokes really aren't a thing anymore are they? That was clearly sarcasm.

>story time

channel the power of the penguin

>Two posts are close together so it must be samefagging!
I do not endorse the first post you tagged, only the second.

>That GM only runs meatspace games, he's the only GM in town.
I alternate GMing with my players. 4 ongoing campaigns by different GMs and we rotate campaigns every time. I don't like GMing all the time, so playing 3/4 of the time is way better for me.

>Normie
>College buddies
>Reeeeeee!
Yeah, that's where I met my group. We started a tabletop RPG club at the University. At one point I was getting in a solid 60 hours a week of play time in my marks suffered but it was fucking awesome Now that we've graduated we're not so active in the club, but the players we liked most are our regular group.

Have this, (You) and start talking, I can get more (You)s.

Since you're a nogames faggot that doesn't surprise me.

Tell them to go get a room.
A private chatroom that is-they could at least hold back their exhibitionist fetish.

What makes you think that? Not wanting other men to masturbate to me and vice versa?

Seconding this.

Why contain it?

Talk to them like adults and explain that this isn't what you want from the game.

Alternatively ask them to keep it to themselves.

How do you know they're not both played by girls?

>Let the logs spill over to boards and pastebins, let the juicy parts be memed in the streets. In the end, they'll beg me to fade to black.

Whichever is most sad is likely the right answer.

>hurr durr, I was just pretending to be a faggot

I didn't even say that. Its clearly just a reference to that one absurd that gm story. How common do you think writing a novel out of a campaign is?

Hell it probably wasn't even written by op, but instead to poke fun at him.

You fucking faggot.

>Hold on nigger are those Eren and Mikasa playing out my fetish?
I'm pretty sure OP image doesn't mean to portray NTR, but you can imagine it to be if you really want to...

underrated post

>Halfling trap

>OPs complains about PMs showing up in the main chat during session
>If I'm in the middle of trying to run combat and you and Steve are erping in a side conversation
>If you're going to deliberately not pay attention

Please reread OP.
>I caught them at it when one of them accidentally posted in the IC room instead of PM.
You note OP did not say "while the game is running" or "during combat" He said "in the IC channel".

Online game rooms persist even when the games are not running, they don't just vanish. It's akin to saying "help I can hear two of my players fucking outside and I think they're roleplaying their characters, I can hear it in my living room".

>I know you are, but what am I?

wew lad

What's it like being 8?

Ask one of your victims, you mong

Mikasa looks so smug there.

I like to upgrade friends to friends with benefits. There really isn't much more to say.