Which setting is better developed, Warhammer Fantasy or 40K?

Which setting is better developed, Warhammer Fantasy or 40K?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12853634
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Warhammer Fantasy is better developed by far.

but dead :(

We should stage a protest outside of Games Workshop

>get mistaken for fans because no one else could possibly care enough
>also implying your handwriting is good enough even on a sign
>they send an intern out with boxes of Sigmarines
>embarrassed to make a scene because the New Games Workshop is being so nice

40k hands down

still 40k if we don't take into consideration the end times and aos

>Fantasy
Sometimes I can't believe that this meme is still alive. Setting was a terrible mix of stale copy-paste themes

How so? Been a fan of both and they both have enough looks at both in depth/grand scale stuff.

If anything 40k allows for more development because borders by nature are more prone to changing, in whfb you always knew everything would get back to the status quo. They even retook praag ffs.

40k by far.
Fantasy was worse developed, and now it doesn't exist.

This.
Fantasy lazily rips off our planet, and then it doesn't even fluff out the regions where playable armies aren't based. Even if there's a playable army based somewhere, sometimes the lore is half-assed (looking at you, Bretonnia)

I love everything about fantasy and generally prefer it to 40k, but 40k is a universal setting with endless variety and depth thrown around, Fantasy basically has set rules

GW does not support it but it is not dead.

40K had a much larger body of literature but it was of a very uneven quality.

Fantasy had a much tighter leash and so overall it tends to be better but there's less of it. About 200 Fantasy novels compares to fuck knows how many 40K. Must be 600?

CREATE A FUCKING STRAWPOLL YOU BRAINLESS FLATWORM

strawpoll.me/12853634

Both settings are dead.

Fantasy had characters like Azhag, Ikit, Felix & gotrek, Akeold Sigvald, Settra, etc.

40k has fagget in armor 1, fagget in armor 2, fagget in different color armor, and fagget corpse on a chair

>40K (44%)
>Fantasy (44%)
>Equal (11%)

I've been around the tabletop gaming community for over 10 years and I know nothing about fantasy

>Which setting was better developed, Warhammer Fantasy or 40K?- 16 posts and 2 image replies shown.
fixed.

Amusingly enough something almost exactly like that happened at Valve headquarters a few years ago.

Call me when fantashit has 400+ books

As opposed to 40K, which just lazily rips-off sci-fi tropes and doesn't even fluff out the regions that don't have a codex...

That's sort of cute. I guess valve sent a guy out to ask them what they were doing?

40k's universe and mythology is much larger scale but it's also a lot stupider. Fantasy Battle is overall a better setting.

>which just lazily rips-off sci-fi tropes
not true, actually

WHFB > 40k >>>>>>>>>>> Age of Smegma

The whole point of Age of Smegmar's setting is that everything happens randomly and there's no need for greater context. A wet dream for a Games Workshop exec, I'm sure, but there is never going to inspire any spinoff media like books or novels-- if it does I doubt anyone is going to buy them, because the setting itself is complete garbage and even the people who play the game don't like that aspect of it

Both are generic as fuck. Who cares?

Warhammer is much more developed at the micro level.
40k is pure macro.

So it depends which approach you like better basically.

Man, your salt is inmense. Still, dank and cool memes I guess.

Fantasy, it's downright no contest.

Fantasy was a setting standing on its own.
40k is just a barely-working blender of 80s pop fiction with no goal or coherence.

>I don't know what Dune is and have never seen or read any scifi other than starwars

>star wars
>scifi

it is literally just future fantasy

Fantasy

>strawpoll.me/12853634

take another look

It doesn't matter, because GW will never stop in its quest to ruin both of them.

Fantasy was better developed, but was killed a long time ago with a little thing we call the End Times.

40k lasted longer but had overall less content, and now he's on the chopping block as a GW intern-writer prepares to drop the guillotine.