Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1469: PORKCHOP SANDWICHES Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

facade.com/tarot/ator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anybody try creating a bunch of magical girls for fun?

I remember one user bought as many magical girls as possible then combined them into one being.

Jumpers, have you ever gone full yandere for someone?

What settings out there could have all of their problems solved with hugs?

Deadman, drawback enforced.

Generic Sugar Bowl.

My user.

You're talking to someone who does this often in two chains. One chain I'm a magical girl god who the magical girls worship to gain power boosts, among other things. I'm collecting bestowable powers and abilities and then condensing them into a broach or necklace or making a "hero app" like in Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero to access their magical girl form.

>You're talking to someone who does this often in two chains. One chain I'm a magical girl god who the magical girls worship to gain power boosts, among other things. I'm collecting bestowable powers and abilities and then condensing them into a broach or necklace or making a "hero app" like in Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero to access their magical girl form.

So many good stories in jumpchain and yet we will never get to read most of them, its sad really.

Do lunar Spirit Shapes have to be appropriate for their caste?
I want to be Tiger but also like the No Moon caste.

Rolled 89 (1d816)

DOING THE USUAL ROLL.

You are perfect and I would gladly either waifu you or aid in your plans.

You can have any Spirit Shape you want for any Caste. So go! Be the taigah you always wanted to be!

Bravely Default!

List I'm looking at says Brutal Legend tho?

>not taking the drawback that makes you trust Airy

Jump #315: Otoyomegatari
>Nine of Wands (Strength): A pause in the current struggle to ready oneself.
I think taking a break from things to smell the roses is a good thing to do.
>Age: 20
>Location: Tehran, Persia
Persia's an interesting place in the 19th century. Got to start somewhere, after all.
>Identity: Foreigner / Traveler
A westerner of dubious nationality and accent, to be precise.
>Eye For Detail (Free)
Noticing more detail in the world is nice, especially here.
>Everywhere Has Their Own Way (Free, Foreigner)
It's important to be able to step around the landmine that is foreign diplomacy, no? Especially when I'm just out to see the sights.
>A Rolling Stone (900, Foreigner)
This is more a matter of good timing. Assuming, of course, I'm not intentionally travelling to see the celebrations I would otherwise be stumbling across.
>Break Bread (700)
Enjoying meals and sharing food with others to bond, it's important to relax!
>Journeyman (Free, Traveler)
Navigating by stars and landmarks is always useful, I suppose.
>Best Way To The Heart (600)
Well, if I'm to be sharing meals, I'll need to know how to properly prepare them. Sure, I can already cook, but adding a special touch without it taking more time or effort is helpful.
>Authority (500)
If anyone needs advice I'll be happy to do my best for them. I can be impartial.
>Windows To The Soul (400)
I have SPECIAL EYES.
>Through Deeds Not Words (300)
Communicating without needing to actually SAY things is helpful too! Like headpats.
>Attired Appropriately (100)
Yeeeah, I'll be happy to use this to prevent anyone from ever trying to take any clothing off of me. I'm not so worried about the random horse yanking at my garments, but someone thinking they can yank off a hat or a mask.

Is there anywhere to get insanity immunity strong enough to counter looking at lovecraft shit other than delirium blessing from DC Occult?

Brutal Default

>Traveler's Satchel (Free, Foreigner)
Hmmm. Useful. I may have to see if I can make this bag bigger on the inside, though.
>An Abacus (Free, Traveler)
How do you calculate imaginary numbers on an abacus though?
>Wedded (0)
After so very, very long, I might as well make it official. I wonder what it means when Gaia is promoted from waifu to wife? A silly distinction, but a notable one.

So... the long and short of it? I'm going to take the next decade as an extended honeymoon with Gaia. Essentially, an overglorified vacation. Just wander the world and enjoy what there is to enjoy, break bread with strangers, give them a few Jumper-level tokens of my esteem which ought to turn into harmless heirlooms. Rings to pass along to sons, jewelry to pass along to daughters, and so on.

Yeah, it's a vacation, but why not seed potential future heroes while I'm here? That was, after all, why I got a certain perk in FF15. And if the land is left more fertile after we pass through it, all the better.

The rest of my companions are here too, of course, but they're out doing their own thing as they typically do. We can always compare notes when time's up.

That's so fucking metal.

What is the powerlevel of this setting? Generic FF tier?

Eye see what you did there.

Also no.

where are you getting your tarot card summaries?

So, just how much of a badass hero are you if you take Exemplar, Apostate, and Tongue of a Shepard in Mass Effect?

Pretty Much.

Try Eight Bit Theater.

facade.com/tarot/ator/

I truncate the summaries to a point that I feel appropriate for a given jump.

I choked Kayneth to death over his shitty mistreatment of Diarmuid because I wanted to feel him squirm and die in my hands if that counts, I suppose.

If you like I could start posting my builds again. Although I'm not the most creative at actually fulfilling the potential of my ideas actually, haha.

Thanks for the positive attention! I thrive on it.

The final boss can see past the 4th wall he even made a comment about it in one of the drawbacks.

Already Insane from Cthulhu Saves the World or Expired Pasta from Generic Creepypasta? Possible a perk from Alan Wake or Incomprehensible from Young Justice?

Blame some of the local assholes. With how the environment here gets some times, that contributes to barely seeing any builds posted.

Jump #316: Sekirei
>The Magician: The initiation of new projects, great works, or a new way of life.
I have my doubts, but hey, why not?
>Age: 25
>Location: Eastern Shin Tokyo
>Identity: Ashikabi
Guess I'll have to have a Sekirei. Hey Gaia, you're the Maid of Hope, how would you like to help me create a victory for everybody that otherwise can't win here?
>Drawbacks: Slapstick (+300)
Comic violence is go! Oh well.
>Quit It (1100)
At least I can use this to stop comic violence! Sometimes. Except the drawback. So no, still screwed.
>Winging Ceremony (Free, Ashikabi)
Being able to see and figure out how to draw out potential is definitely useful. Especially here.
>Short And Sweet (900, Ashikabi)
Aw. Brief actions are as meaningful as intense ones. So what if I take a romantic weekend getaway with Gaia, is that just as meaningful as a decade on vacation? Crap, was that whole last jump for nothing?! Oh well, it was fun anyway, and at least my headpats are now augmented.
>Norito (600, Ashikabi)
By kissing someone, I can boost their abilities. By taking a brief action, I can make it as intense as a longer action. So if I give Gaia a peck on the cheek it's as empowering as making out with her for a half hour. Or something. Right?
>Adjuster (400)
Perform surgery to bolster or weaken natural or inherited abilities ... actually I wonder if this breeds true. Give me a little time and I can give you an army of ULTRA HAMSTERS. When they work together, it's much better.
>Reverse Engineering (0)
Pretty sure I already have this, but hey, nothing wrong with covering all my bases.

>Sekirei: Gaia (Free, Ashikabi)
Well, I was talking about Gaia this whole time. Who did you think I was going to have in this role for Sekirei? Cultist-chan?

The hilarious thing about Sekirei is assuming that anyone is going to let things go on as they are scheduled to, unless they're laying low on purpose. Personally, the way I think this would go would typically be something more along the lines of:

>"Jumper, are you awake?"
>"Yep. Also all of the nope. Excuse me, I have to smack some people."

And then all problems which seemed to mandate the Sekirei Plan are solved by way of Jumper Magic. (Stars And Stones is the best perk to help about a hundred certain people be able to function without being locked into having to do things (or deal with people) they don't want to). After that, we're basically looking at an overpowered-slice-of-life.

But because they fucked up and I am merciful enough to not kill them all, the MBI is still going to foot the bill for all sorts of things for the sekirei and ashkabi. They can afford it, because I'm not a total dick. I gave them the recipe for Medi-Gel to produce and sell, so they can afford it. It felt like a fair trade considering I stole all the jinki from them anyway. Though this definitely surprised a couple people who thought no one knew where they were. (In exchange, I left behind eight notes that read "Violets aren't red. Roses aren't gray. I prepared explosives runes today.")

Honestly though, dealing with overpowered pseudo-magical entities, how can you NOT expect it to backfire? Just be happy that it backfired now instead of later when the collateral damage would have been immeasurably worse.

Jump # 63 Changeling the lost
Starting Location: Dallas Texas
Origin: Socialite (100)
Seeming: Fairest one (0)
Kith: Minstrel
Court: Spring
Attributes: Social Focus (0)
Skills:
*Expression (50, Discount)
*Persuasion (50, Discount)
Merits
*Wyrd 1 (0)
*Glamor (0)
*Clarity 1 (0)
Perks
*Common Sense (100)
*Reverse the flow of Time (200)
*Polyglot (0)
*Striking Looks (200, Discount)
*Enchanting Performance (200)
Contract of Vainglory: 1 (50)
Contract of Separation: 1 (50)

(I don’t know this very well so sorry if stuff is wrong; also I miss the Pooka)

Okay, seriously what the fuck?!? I mean seriously. I thought the fair fold from creation were bad but these ones… It’s like the world of darkness decided it wasn’t edgy enough so they made this. Even Dresden files fey from don’t get near this level of messed up (well from what I have read, I haven’t been there)

Anyways things seemed to be going alright then I heard the rumors and the suspicion. The summer court was on the warpath and people were disappearing. My court wasn’t doing much to help matters and the summer court seemed crazy seeing spies everywhere so I stepped in.

That led through a long and arduous trail. To say things were complicated is an understatement. We were dealing with changelings who at the best of times were good at hiding stuff, with the paranoia it was tough to know who had been taken and who had just been vanished.

(to be continued)

Anyways we pealed back layer after layer until it lead to the the leader of the summer court. When we went to confront him we ran in to a true fae. That was a hell of a fight, a reality warping cthuliod abomination. I won’t lie it got harry but we managed to drive the thing off. It was expecting newbie changlings not a jumper and a pack of their companions.

So we revealed the summer court traitor which basically decimated the summer court (they were built on hate and to find out that one of their own was helping the enemy, especially the leader they turned on each other). It took things a while to settle after that

Choking someone who harmed your husbando to death because you wanted to feel him squirm and die in your hands usually qualifies you as a yandere, yes.

>Bravely Default - 68
Drawbacks: That Person's Name Is (+200), Unacceptable (+100), Bear Wrestler (+200)
Final Point Count: 1,500 CP
Origin: Vestal - Fire

Skills & Perks:
-Default! (Free)
-Brave! (Free)
-Party Chat (Free)
-Miracle Man (Free)
-Freelancer (Free)
-Voice of the Crystals (Free)
-Right of Passage (Free)
-Rite of Awakening

Items & Gear:
-Turbo Ether (Free)
-Council of Six Asterisk Set
-Bloodrose Legion Asterisk Set
-Black Blades Asterisk Set
-50,000 Pg

Just stacked the fuck up on Asterisks. All in all that gives me: Arcanist, Spiritmaster, Templar, Vampire, Dark Knight, Conjurer, Pirate, Salve-Maker, Performer, Swordmaster, Ninja, Ranger, Valkyrie, Summoner, and Red Mage jobs.

H'oh. That's a damn good line-up if I do say so meself-

Oh and... there I go looting everything. apparently I have been turned into a kleptomaniac by that drawback Unacceptable. And am now frequently fought by equally kleptomaniacal adventurers following the bidding of a fairy.

Well this won't end well at all.

Spirit Shape is more about who YOU are than what your caste is.

Not necessarily. Spirit Shapes are supposed to represent yourself in someway.

They're not technically related, though you see Spirit Shapes fitting to the Caste often... But that's because the Caste's determined by your personal talents/inclinations, which means they tend to match.

Anyway, in short, take whatever you like with whatever caste you want.

So what are Asterisks?

>Eight Bit Theater
You mean Non-Euclidean Geometry? That would seem to let me understand what I'm looking at, but not protect me from the fallout. Appropriate for the black mage perk-line i suppose.

>Already Insane
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

>Expired Pasta
I'll look into this one. Lot of stuff I'd like from there though.

>Alan Wake
I'll look into this too.

Don't they both do that?

Wouldn't you only be driven mad from the revelation if you couldn't comprehend it to behind with?

They're the Job System, basically.

Seems the opposite, senpai. Isn't comprehending the revelation what drives you mad?

Does it work that way? If so I might end up going the 8-bit perk to function as my anti-madness perk. But I was fairly certain it works like says.

Little glowing rocks that contain class abilities. It's like the old Final Fantasy job system in a way.

You hold the rock and then go out and grind EXP. grinding EXP gets you the Job's stuff.

Is there a way to make the Job an actual part of you?

Looking through at the creatures that exist in the setting - do you think the Slitherer would be a valid spirit shape?

It's your standard primordial ooze monster, not really too different from a Chimera with those squishy acid body features.

It doesn't seem to be a Wyld-mutant, or particularly magical, just a weird thing that was probably made by the Dragon Kings to clean their sewers.

>then combined them into one being.
How would I do this to my companions?

Yeah, maxing out what you learn from the Asterisk.

Would anything in the chain allow you to make an Exaltation an "actual" part of your soul rather than an add-on?

Franken Fran

I see that Nika laid eyes on the Fuck Freckle.

Wave Form Anatomy from NGE or the third magic combined with something that lets you meld cybernetics into your body maybe?

You're the "I'm On A Horse" Old Spice version of Commander Shepard.

I'm... not sure? Mostly because it's mindless and noted to behave like an automaton, otherwise it's probably fine, if a weird one.

You just responded to my post because you wanted to type "fuck freckle" didn't you. a splendid reason

also I liked him before I physically laid eyes on it. I took Ice Queen in that jump's fate/zero build.

>Fuck Freckle

The best.

That one World of Darkness jump. The Mortal one has a perk just for that.

What perk/item, user?

You know, that just makes me think of how genuinely happy Diarmuid would be if he found out you liked him without the...Fuck Freckle's influence.

Huh. Didn't even know we had one of those. The anti-madness perk in it has most of what I want in it. Too bad it still won't let me look at stuff lyke nyarly and remain sane though.

We have...five, I think?

I meant mortals specifically. I thought it was just mage, changeling, the two vampire ones and the more recent genius one.

Yeah, he was very happy. I had every intention on romancing him in my Writer Chain.

But he had to fight me regardless because I summoned Cu instead. I tried to sneak up on Kayneth but he caught me and he pulled out Diarmuid. Cu won. Sadly.

So I did what anyone would do in that situation and uh, choked Kayneth to death in response.

You did make sure he could watch by taking one of his eyes out as you did it right?

The what?

There's also one in Alan Wake, and another in 8-Bit Theater. I believe the latter gives you a face that is itself madness to look upon, which is a toggleable effect after the jump is complete.

Best teacher.

Is it possible for an Exalted Jumper to start out with a few minor (or more than a few not so minor in the case of elder lunars) non CP insured Artifacts from their background in the setting? Similar to what a new character would have as dots in Background?

>that gif
sauce, if you would?

It's Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, user.

Grimgar Jump when?

What's all this about Adventure Time going screwy lately?

It's about the same quality as it always been, people just get buttmad when it doesn't match their headcannons or nostalgia

>But he had to fight me regardless because I summoned Cu instead. I tried to sneak up on Kayneth but he caught me and he pulled out Diarmuid. Cu won. Sadly.
What class did you summon Cu in?

Good jumps for fighting powerful demons? So far I have Disgaea and Darkstalkers.

Didn't whatsherbitch yandere face like him even though she was beyond the fuck freckle's influence? He wasn't exactly a fan of her.

The last thread has the basics in spoilers.

Where did you get butt hurt out of any of that conversation? There was literally zero butt hurt.

Hm... Probably not really, since you're a pretty young Exalt? Artifacts really aren't that common, and you're sorta expected to get your own. On the other hand, a decent mentor might pass a minor one or two on... So maybe. Possibly. But it probably wouldn't be anything special.

Though elders can reasonably be expected to have more than a few laying around if they're the crafting/collecting types, and at least personal gear if they're not.

What's the deal with the Endless anyway? I'm assuming they're pretty bad news seeing as there's an expensive drawback that makes one interested in you in a high power jump.

>Lately
Meh, the show has sucked since... fourth season? When Flame Princess shacked up with Cinnamon Bun and they turned Finn into an annoying creepy sperg with no friends for no reason.

Do you need to be touching an artifact you are attuned to in order to benefit from the effect and essence regen of a hearthstone socketed in it?

Would it work if it was in a sheath on your back or if it was leaned against a nearby wall?

Was for

>Flame Princess shacked up with Cinnamon Bun and they turned Finn into an annoying creepy sperg with no friends for no reason.
I...what?

The Rinnegan says I get all basic chakra affinities but no training in them, does that mean I can buy Elemental bloodlines without having to buy the normal affinities for them?

Yeah, a bit after Rebecca Sugar quit, they had Flame Princess break up with Finn out of nowhere, and he turned into a creepo about it, and then she ended up shacking up with Cinnamon Bun. After that Finn kept being an annoying creep around any woman, all the princesses hated him, and he spent tons of episodes whining and being pathetic rather than adventuring (I think they stopped that part by now, at least.)

Patience used some kinda spell to overcharged the elements, making her and the three elemental princesses go crazy and turn the place into element city.

Got fixed at the end though, but the everything-to-its-true-form thing had some side-effects. Jake now looks like his alien shapeshifter parent, and Sweetpea/BabyLich's broken horn was restored. Not sure if that last bit is good or bad.

Good jumps to take after Bloodborne (which is itself after Dark Souls)? Thematically, mainly.

on occasion,the wife usually likes the attention
Wii sports resort

No, you just have to be attuned to it. In a sheath on your back, or leaned against a wall, or even stored in another dimension (like Elsewhere) is fine.

You just have to touch the artifact at least once every day to maintain attunement.

I bought Elemental Monarch. Should I be worried about this?

There is a limit, hard work doesn't always work in this setting. You'd be able to become a skilled fighter by the settings terms, equal to some of the better students in the school like Miyako or Christiane but you won't be working your way up to the level of the 4 Deva or Momoyo with just hard work. You'd need to take the Scaled the Wall perk or some of the other stuff to get around that.

...Maybe? Not sure if it actually lets you take the place of one of the four elementals.

Could go Boktai or Darkstalkers?

Ravenloft?

They are the literal physical manifestation of whatever they represent, with all the power being a literal physical manifestation of Destiny, Death, Dreams, Desire, Destruction, Despair, or Delirium would imply in a setting as powerful as DC. They're also (besides Death who's really cool, and possibly Destiny) really fucking capricious and don't care all that much for mortal lives. Or are just assholes like Desire and Despair. Or are ridiculously and disproportionately vindictive like Dream.

Steven Universe. Gem Fusion is a hell of a drug.