"You think people are worth saving do you? You call yourself a hero!?"

"You think people are worth saving do you? You call yourself a hero!?"

"Where were you when I needed you? Where were you when they slaughtered my family, when they destroyed everything I hold dear. You let such atrocities happen. Vacant! Absent! No where to be seen!"

"But I don't blame you, I just learned the truth. There are no such things as heroes. Only false idols. But I will make an Idol... no... a monument from the ashes of your failure."

How does your character respond?

>How does your character respond?

Prepared action......
>Attack if the fucker starts to monologue.
Bad guy monologues are the worst.

>"sorry m8, had to take a wicked piss"

munchkin'g it up, I see.

"Ive often found myself asking the same questions. Fucking greenskins destroyed everything I held dear in one day. What was an average day for them, was the biggest moment in my life.

There was no hero there for me that day. But id be no better than the things that destroyed my village if I didn't stand up for the good in the world and fight for it.

Stay angry at the world, angry at me; but I will not let this be the end to my tale."

"How do you let yourself be such a whiny bitch? Oh no, you didn't get special treatment and wanted someone to fix your problems for you! God damn your family probably just hoped you'd die first.

Necromancer: No, I came here for the knowledge that your war party was going to burn in its pat, I only continue to fight to save myself. You seem to think I am doing this or anything out of the goodness of my heart, and while I may be charitable at times, this wasn't one of them. Now let me leave or I will kill you and use your corpse to aid me in the future, or to slaughter your sorry excuse of an army.

Psion/ Cleric of creation/ forging :....Heroes exist,but I've seen them be seduced and led astray as easily as any other man. I was underground when you suffered, so I could not have helped. I am only here to stop my sisters, which judging from how you speak, you're serving one of them. So with the sincerest of apologies for your own loses, tell me where she is, or I will be forced to beat the answer out of you.

Imperial guardsman/ Knight: Ker, why do I have to meet the clever green skins? What sort of lark are you talking about, your kind is only good for war and fighting, basically animals nipping at the heels of your betters. And here you stand with the audacity to talk about the heroes of man, and spit upon them. Your kind has no knowledge of heroics or any kind of wholesomeness. And I will cut you down as I have done to many of your ilk. Thank the emperor you're a feral sort and don't have any grenades or shooters of any kind. Yes, at least I can fight you as a man of the emperor, and cut you down like the beast you are. FOR THE EMPEROR AND MANKIND, HAVE AT THEE!

He turns to the Arch-Militant and orders him to kill the impertinent whelp who stands before him.

"I'm not a Wizard. I am incapable of being everywhere at once. I am honestly sorry that you had to suffer so much, but your 'hero' bar is set wayyyy too high. A hero isn't someone who is capable of saving everyone everywhere all the time. A hero is someone who helps where and when they can. This is why we need a lot of them. The fact that atrocities still happen, such as those you suffered, is proof that we need heroes now more than ever."

Alternatively, this.

>Yes
>Fucking bitches and getting money
>I'd prefer if you didn't

would DM for/10

>A hero isn't someone who is capable of saving everyone everywhere all the time. A hero is someone who helps where and when they can. This is why we need a lot of them.
Damn, that is solid.

THERE ARE STILL HEROES LEFT IN MAN

Sorry that I'm not omnipotent. I'm just a man, not a god. But rejecting heroes just because nobody came to save the day for you is like forsaking bathing because you stepped in shit. Doesn't really solve the issue, does it?

>Start monologue

>everyone shoot something at this fuckers face

When the fuck did I say I think people are worth saving?

I'm in it for the loot

Kid I'm a Knight, not a God.

Probably with a Disintegrate

Hope rides alooooooooooone!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me you little bitch

>"quod nomina sanctus"
smite, smite, smite

or
>"lugga probably in pub"
>"we fight now yes?"

depending on which one's being addressed

"What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo."

But my friend, do you not see your path as that of a hero would? Do you not see your quest as a necessary one? What marks the difference between a man who is a hero, and the man who is a villain? No one claims a hero could walk the earth and stop every tree from falling, and every man from dying. But we know that your actions, actions of evil and hatred have a choice. No one stopped them from destroying everything, but my death will not stop further suffering, it might even cause more for the small good I can do.
So let me help you now, stop what you have done and walk a brighter path. For if we battle and either of us fall it would be the end of two quests never quite satisfied.
If my failures scarred you, because I chose this path- then your anger is understood. But you must know that vengeance wont undo what is done.

"you know, given how many people take their family getting destroyed as motivation to BECOME the hero they needed so these things don't happen again, as opposed to becoming the villain so these things will happen with increasing regularity, i think your real problem here is that you're just intrinsically a dick."

"Look motherfucker. Get off your angst horse and man the fuck up. Loss, death its part of life. Do you know what my first experience with combat was? 4 orcs and a pack of Goblins they had enslaved. There were 14 of us when the fight began. There were 4 left at the end. I saw most of my friends die that day and nearly had my own eyes gouged out. I never called myself a hero others did. I do what do to SURVIVE. Because that's all I am good at, surviving. Not shut the fuck up sit down and drink this fucking ale with me."

"I never called myself a hero. Other people did. I'm just an evil man who fell in with good company and became slightly better for it. When I fulfill my oath, I just want to get as far as I can from here and raise my children. I didn't let such atrocities happen, I caused them. You see this barren landscape? You see this corrupted soil? You see the slaughter? I was there to create it.
What have you lost? Your family? I lost my family years ago. Got them back only to lose them again. I've lost every friend I've ever had for 107 years. I've lost my most prized possessions, my wealth, my followers, the kingdom I worked so hard to build. I've lost my employment twice, and I've lost my life five times over. Go ahead and take my failures, there's enough to build a city of monuments.
Who are you anyway?"

It's weird being in a good campaign as the only survivor of an evil campaign which came before.

''How long have I mused on this? You needn't ask the questions that always surface on my mind, knight of blackest armor.
I would never dare call myself a hero; who am I to judge the worth of my own soul, tell black from white? Such matters reek of pride. No. I simply try to help people to the best of my ability, when able: it's all I know, and all that ultimately matters to me in this life.

And yet, you seem to forget how my companions and I are faced, time and time again, at every turn with the worst our people have to offer.
The deepest depravities the human heart is capable of committing, do you think witnessing such atrocities so often doesn't pull at even the apathetic man's heart?
We are terribly sorry for what has happened to your loved ones. I admit your loss may well have been more than I would be able to endure, but...

What does that speak of YOU?! Look at yourself now, demon. You seem to pride yourself on having left your humanity behind; your heart ringing as pitch-black as it pollutes the air around us, devoid of any warmth! Still, you cling onto the despair and resentment proper of us mortals. Am I mistaken in believing this makes you nothing less than a hypocrite?

What have you truthfully gained from hating your fellow man? What gifts have your anger and cruelty bestowed upon you?
Where righteous wrath and indignation at the world we live in have given way to unbridled Evil and a disregard for all that was once held dear, I see you, taking an easy way out. Such is the difference between you and a hero!
In forfeiting what makes us humane, you have thrown away what would ever drive us to improve the world around ourselves!

Don't you see? I'm terribly saddened to stand in front of you today, like this. But you'll have to step forth, if you wish to see whose beliefs will hold true!''

I'm a fucking sucker for this kind of stuff, and gladly eat anything like this whenever our DM throws it at us. That I'm drunk right now doesn't help one bit, but here would be my current character's likely answer.

Seriously, am I the only person here that LIKES it when the bad guys monologue? It can be fun.

"Haven't...haven't I already killed you?

I know I've heard this speech before.

Uh, look, I'm not great with witty counterplay so you're going to have to trust me when I say you're an idiot. Just, like, tell whoever meets you in the afterlife that I said something really cool or biting and then I'm gonna keep helping people."

Bad guy monologue is only good when done correctly and not just rants about "IM SO FUCKING EVIL FOR THESE COMPLETELY ARBITRARY AND HAM FISTED PHILOSOPHICAL REASONS"

"Look, heroes can't always be there, nor always succeed. We're no gods-well, the wizards might be, but you know how their morality is. I mean, that's the reason my armor is as sour as yours. This world isn't always happiness, but we can make an effort to try and make it better. More ordered, so that people won't get screwed as often. It might be a delusion, but it's pretty enough for me to chase it, in my own way. Now, you have one last chance to repent, before you know the actual meaning of profane power."

I laugh at his pseudo edgelord meme motivation and at the DM for thinking his angsty dmpc sue badguy would be impressive.

So is this basically Syndrome from The Incredibles?

Heroes are not going to eradicate all evil everywhere. To think they are is to be absurdly, naively, and delusionally optimistic.
The goal of heroism is not the complete erasure of all that is bad in the world. The goal of heroism is the reduction of the occurrence of such events.
I don't really know what your end goal is, but I assure you that all other things being equal, a decrease in competent heroes leads to an increase in events like the one you experienced.
So stop being a selfish, needy little snowflake bitch, get off your fucking high horse, stop throwing a fucking tantrum, and fuck right the fuck off.

Hey man, I don't call myself a hero, it's just what some misguided romantics call me because I'm the only one desperate enough to take up the crappy odd jobs around the continent. Maybe I could've saved your little doomed hometown if I wasn't halfway across the plane dragging myself over dunes upon dunes of nothing, slinging some dying idiot over my shoulder while the other hand kept my guts from falling out. I'm sorry kid, you can kill me if you want, but know that your family will still be dead, and you'll be the only one that cares if I'm dead, which is admittedly more than I deserve.

"The only difference between you and me, beast, is that while I endured the challenges of life, mourned my losses and rejoiced at my victories, you fell to those challenges, became a pawn of whatever fateweaver has brought ruin to you.

Your violent lust for revenge is the brightest spit on the graves of your loved ones one could think of.

Not only did you not chase after those who have committed atrocities against your family, you've decided to decimate, one by one, those who simply cannot do it all.

A doctor cannot save every patient. Town guard cannot save every hooker. We cannot fight every monster.

And despite all that, when one slips by and does what they do best, hurt innocents, you instead of rising to avenge your lost ones and save others from such a fate, strive to hunt down those who would've otherwise helped you.

You are the failure. A mistake. One which direly requires some fixing."

Then he'd probably die horribly because he's not made to fight armoured bastards like the one in OP's pic hand-to-hand, and if they're on badass boast distance just firing crossbow bolts is likely to not work out as good as it would otherwise.

"Judging by the fact you are also a young man, I was probably EIGHT at the time and thus unable to save your village."

"Aye, and for that I'll be givin' ye the Black Spot."

Dude monsters destroyed my home and slaughtered my family too, you don't see me dressing in black and wearing skeletons about it. Why the fuck do you think I got into this aweful business in the first place?

>40k fags

Wew lad

jesus christ dude, we're six people
can't be everywhere

these are all really good.

"I was saving someone else's family. I'm a Hero, not a God. I can't be everywhere at once, I can just try my hardest to help"

Pre-Encounter:
>Learn everything you possibly can about villain
>Learn about his woeful, heart-breaking history
>Learn the names of those he loved
>Learn about his deceased daughter "Emera"

Intra-Encounter:
>"What would Emera think?"

Post-Encounter:
>"There, there, Trimesta the Destroyer. Here are some more tissues. Shhh. It's gonna be okay."
>;_;

I was probably elsewhere saving some other guys family. Why didn't you use all this villain power to save them

That's no excuse to be a jerk.
>Shoots with musket

"THE TRUTH HAS GOT IT'S BOOTS ON!" proceeded by about fifty seconds of kicking the ever loving fuck out of the guy.

Because, holy crap, that monologue was retarded.

Interesting perspective, but your argument is patently invalid. Your premise (i.e. heroes didn't help me) simply does not necessitate your conclusion (i.e. heroes do not really exist). Mind you, this doesn't mean your conclusion is wrong necessarily. So please reformulate your argument properly so that we can have a proper debate. While your at it, please also tell me what definition of hero you're using, just in case this is a merely verbal disagreement.

Audible keks, best pasta

*Loud sigh.* "Look man I don't know how many times I need to explain this to people like you, but I have to ask, what you accomplish by killing me? Ultimately, all this does will cause less people to be saved, and more people will end up like yo-Oh...now I see. I think you just want more people to feel how you felt! Why would you do this for such a shallow reason you bastard! Even if your family was alive I'd doubt you feel different, you use the deaths of the family you once had as a excuse to conduct these atrocious acts...You are truly a Villain, and if villains exist, heroes must also."

Who the fuck are you?

"I don't need to explain myself. We both know you are just an insufferable cunt with a murderboner hidden behind the false facade of justice, who simply doesn't understand that being a hero is just rising up to help whenever you can, not being an omnipotent benevolent god that is capable of saving everyone.
But it's clear that you're simply looking for a fight.
So, you want a fight? Then it's a fight you get. Come at me, bro."

Syndrome wasn't a villain, though. Anti-hero, maybe.

>Kills like a hundred retired heroes for very petty reasons
>Tries to kidnap a child after attempting to make him into an orphan
>Describes himself as a supervillain

I don't think you know what a villain is.

Look man, I'm just getting paid to kill you. Don't make this weird

So, you expect nothing less than godlike perfection from everybody. I am afraid *that* is in short supply, but I will muster just enough to end you.

>>Kills like a hundred retired heroes for very petty reasons
They mostly knew what they signed up for.
>>Tries to kidnap a child after attempting to make him into an orphan
Touche.
>>Describes himself as a supervillain
Yeah, and I'm Elvis Presley.

fucking nice, senpai

You aren't even a cute girl.

I'm an old man bow. Battered and grey... Everybody I ever loved has died long ago, and only I remain. I know this, more than anyone. Each night, I take inventory of all my many failures, and my triumphs. And a planet of regret rests on my shoulders.

The comrades I wasn't able to save, the cities I wasn't able to defend, the people. So many people. They're all burned into the fissures of my mind, I see their faces every night. And I'll never be able to make peace with that, for as long as keep on. I hear their screams, I see the bodies all of them calling out to me. And they look at me and ask "Why?" And I'll never have an answer for them.

I don't need you to tell me of my failures, boy. I know full well. I was never a hero. I never called myself a hero, people spoke of me as if I were a god. I'm no god. Look at me.

I am just as imperfect, fragile as mortal as you. But against all the misery and the strife, I went on. And I was able to bring some good into the world. And that's all that I could've hoped for. I never asked to be a hero.

I've seen battlefields littered with the corpses of the innocent, I've seen the worst of man, I've seen unspeakable horrors long forgotten, and I've seen demons. Do you know what else I've seen?

I've seen that they can be beaten. By brave men and women with unshakable conviction and a belief that makes gods stare in awe and creates wonders..

For your family, I am sorry. But so long as you take up your blade and seek the so all the harm and injustice that was done to you, then I will stand against you.

This is my atonement. For the rest of my days. I offer by blade against the worst of us, so that the best of us may live and if the gods will it, maybe one day more children will have to lose their families.

Do what you must, I'll do the same and we'll see which of us the God's favor in the end.

this thread is bringing out the best in people.

Well, Veeky Forums IS the place where smart, good people pretend to be Polacks...

This person is obviously mentally retarded so I salughter him to prevent him from hurting others or worse, reproducing.

>complaining about 40k
>on a board whose subject matter includes 40k
Cry some more, bitch.

People who don't believe in goodness, in justice, in truth... They share the first place with people who don't care on my list. Scum of the earth. Why don't you lift your whiny ass and fix the wrongs yourself? Why don't you stand against the odds, like a hero should? Is one betrayal enough of an odd to turn you from the True path? Scum! Scum!

>walk away mid monologue, aint got time fo dis

Where was I?

Where were you when your minions set fire to the inn? When the innkeeper's daughter was pinned beneath a fallen timber, perishing alongside her father as he struggled selflessly to save her?

Look at what you've accomplished in spite of your own tragedy. Look at the obstacles you've overcome and the greatness you've achieved. Look how far you've come.

You had the power to change the world. To make things right. To be the hero we needed, that you knew we all needed. You had the power to make things better, to beat back the darkness in honor of your loved ones' memory and all the good they shared with you.

And instead you chose to wallow inyour own misery. You chose revenge, not against what took them from you, but against a world that had only committed the crime of suffering in different ways than yourself.

What would your family think of your choices?

OP, you could communicate that entire monologue far more directly, and with more impact, if you showed instead of telling.

Powerful picture.

I need to go watch/read this thing

Yeah, anyone who goes on a rant like that is not going to be listening to reason any time soon. Call me a murderhobo, but I'm rolling for initiative.

It's a rock opera based on Megaman.

It's pretty good, but still. It's more quotable than it is deep and meaningful. Powerful in parts, but only in parts.

Scream offensive words in several languages. Then:
"See, I enter battle rage a few times every day, but you made me truly, uncontrollably angry. Shitbag, I want to turn you into a gory pile and use your guts for sausages, but I mustn't turn to cruelty and lose faith in people getting better. My buddy knight, tell him. You're better with words than a wild warrior of ice."
And then hope buddy knight delivers something like

Is act 3 even out yet?
Fuck these hack frauds and their singer that looks like Rich Evans.

>Is act 3 even out yet?

Syndrome was mad that Mr. Incredible wouldn't accept him as a sidekick since he didn't have any powers.

Really he was just an angry twerp

Fuck you spyro you better tell me you bitch nigga

Not even a real dragon

I'm a hero, not a babbysitter

>fuck off

LG Half-orc Sacred Fist Warpriest:
>You compromised and became that which you hated and feared
>Today pain will be your teacher, showing you the error of your ways
I swift action cast Divine Power on myself and punch the faith in humanity back into him.

NE Dwarf Siege Mage Wizard:
>Well look 'it yuu
>Family
>Things ta' hold dear
>Yuu've had it pretty gud
>But yer takin' all'a this way too seriously, lad
>No one cares that ya' hurt
>Why dont ya' just get riiich?
>I'm about to, off'a dat armor a' yours
I deploy my Fiend's Mouth Cannon and blow away his horse from under him.

>shit tier
Cardboard villains.

>medium tier
Villains with understandable motives.

>high tier
Villains with better motives than the heroes

>actual literature tier
Villains with better motives than the heroes who are personally flawed in such a way that their motives are corrupted, which flaw they are blind to.

"Who the fuck are you?"

>There are no such things as heroes
"Actually, there are. You just aren't one."
>You let such atrocities happen.
"And you were the one to commit them. Somebody has to pay for your crimes. Who's it gonna be?"

"I was eight years old, you twat."

>monologue
>How does your character respond?
"(pause) Que?"

>"It is the sad truth, evident to all of those who seek to do Good in this world, that we may not be everywhere at once."

>"Perhaps I was purging the forests of Alleindel of the noxious taint."

>"Perhaps I was stricken, lain sick with Dragon's Rot following the siege of Caperndis and defeat of the Many Scaled Host."

>"Perhaps I was bleeding out, one quarter petrified after my failed hunt of the Basilisk of Vast'ronten."

>"But I understand that, in this moment, all that matters is I was not there."

>"But I am here now. And one way or the other, today I shall do Good."

>I'm not a hero, just a man
>And I'm here now.

My GM actually did this to me once. And not just any normal this, but I was trapped in the feywild for a decade, so it was a kid I had saved way back when, and then had grown up without me blaming me for not saving her from everything else.

Unfortunately, I was playing a Lawful Alignmentflipped Bird at the time, and didn't take no shit. I think it upset him.

Current characters would basically go, "Buddy, you clearly don't have the slightest clue what 'hero' means."

"Nice story, I will make sure to steal it after I kill you. It would make a lovely poem, time to rumble baby!".

>"You let yourself be consumed by the darkness so bring it on, demon! The light will be glorified in you I will make sure of it."

You're right. I wasn't there for you when you needed me most. I'm just a man, I can't be everywhere. I wish I could be, though. Even with how shit this hero job seems to be.

And I wasn't there when you changed, I wasn't there when you took a bad turn in life and decided the best way to strike back against those that wronged you was to cover yourself in the same muck and shit that they wallow in. And what's worse, is that I wasn't there for the people you hurt on your path to taking your revenge.

But i'm here today. And i'm here for the people you'd hurt down the line. And i'm here for you, so if you wanna grandstand me, don't waste my time any further. Misguided or not i'm not afraid of beating you into a grave for what you've done.

I feel like you got me confused for someone else - im just here to rape and pillage

>But I was there.

itt: xmfd shitty fucking edgelords i'll totally react as if i am duh evil dude all along

Failure is guaranteed; what matters is that we keep trying.

Whats wrong with that? Most Heroes across the ages are assholes. Being edgy is fun sometimes.

If the GM starts throwing edgelords at you, you're allowed to throw edgelords back at him.

Yeah bro let's reply to this post where someone is clearly identified as a good person but we'll subvert expectations like family guy which is the best show of all time :^) no one will ever think i'm unoriginal for this witteh subversion

>"To be everywhere would be a blessing I would not turn down. I saved one's family and somebody else's die. I am sorry for your loss, but I'm not sorry for what I'll do to you. If you had any sense of valiance, you'd provide for the people that are in the same danger. Yet here you are, chasing ghosts. Raise your sword!"

Alternatively
>"I would, but you didn't meet the payrate. Say, how much money is your gear worth?"

>IT WAS ME, BERRY! ME!