How do i counter a destiny hero deck? im having problems dealing with cards end dragoon...

how do i counter a destiny hero deck? im having problems dealing with cards end dragoon. any tips on how to shut down a deck like that? its an older destiny format not using many of the newer monsters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Woke2bwrjY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just wait to turn 11 and grow out of animeshitgames

anyone that isnt a cunt?

Telling us what deck you're playing would help but anyway since you said older format I'm gonna assume it's Goat or atleast near there so just throw in some of pic related and banish dragoon

fuck thats a good idea, for reference im running a blue eyes deck focused around putting three dragons on the field then tributing them for either slifer or obelisk.

i have three neo blue eyes ultimate's but that just for otk purposes

If you're playing Blue-Eyes you might want to consider pic related or Return of the Dragon Lords if that's not over the top for the format you're playing

im open to use any card, its the destiny deck im playing against that runs an older format.

my problem is card limitation. i dont have every card under the sun

Get as many copies of this as you're comfortable with getting.
Build whatever you want to build from the card pool you end with.

I know that feel, I was still running a poverty zombie deck when pendulums came out.

Also if you wanted to try and convince the destiny deck to modernise you could tell them about the new support then trash them with after selling your self for cardboard money

This also happens to have clean anwsers to Destiny End Dragoon and other high level Destiny Heroes.

he knows about the new shit and knows its not near as good as the old ones.

im thinking about throwing the wicked dread root into my deck, along with adding enough chaos max dragons and chaos forms for a true meme

>Not as good
That's Sipmly Wrong. D-Fusion, Dystopia, Decider and Celestial are all good, and Drilldark in decks that play Xyz.

Anyway:
You could also go for pick related.

our thing is we generally shun anything past synchro, and even then that shits autistic

If so than Legacy of Blue Eyes should suit you. A lot of old reprints, Blue Eyes support and a synchro monster.

Otherwise you can always go for a different old archetype.

anything you would recommend?

Monarchs got a bunch of main deck support and are pretty fun even after the banlist (assuming you guys play with one) and dinos just got a nice structure deck too otherwise I'm a fan of skull servants

ive got a few monarch cards but not enough for a deck. ive got zarbog and his mega. rock and snow.

ill probably look into a skull servant deck

So
How the fuck do I construct a functioning Zombie Deck in the mess that is current YGO?

Depends. For flavor reasons you can make Elemental Heroes, pick related came out in recent years and it has all the old heroes and support except the fusions- most of which are dirt cheap.
As Heroes are an eternally suppored archetype you have yourself the choice of possibly adding more modern support in the future, meaning your the power of your deck can range from a tabletop OG fusion deck to a tournament competitive Masked Hero deck.

Alternatively, the world's open to you. Old structure decks are always great if you can get your hands on a couple. More recently they are releasing remade versions of old structure decks, such as Monarchs and Ancient Grears. I'd recommend the new Ancient Gear deck if you're open to some new support- the deck has no extra deck monsters, just focuses on getting out big maindeck monsters like back in the day.
Other classic GX archetype that got a ST deck is Cyber Dragon, but that has a Xyz monster.

Alternatively, if you don't want new support, then build Demise: King of Armageddon deck.

Theres' a monarch structure deck with all of them and their megas inside.

Easier than you think. We just got Gozuki and Unizombie, which are fucking great pieces of support. Focus on swarming the field and getting out Synchros and Xyz monsters. It's quite good with Mezuki, Book of Life etc.

The pic I forgot.

oh fuck i always remember seeing him in the rulebooks and wanting him. ive got the spell card but no him.

>Easier than you think. We just got Gozuki and Unizombie, which are fucking great pieces of support. Focus on swarming the field and getting out Synchros and Xyz monsters. It's quite good with Mezuki, Book of Life etc.

Yeah, but what's my endgame?

A Swarm of Big Synchro Monsters and utility Xyz monsters? Have in mind that soon from now Links will enter, but the deck should be able to still work with them.

they might as well make some link blue eyes cards

Depends. Do you want it to be competitive/meta viable? If so pray to Mr. Konami and hope every meta deck + gravekeepers player dies.

Otherwise we've a ton of support to churn out extra deck monsters with your end game being either preventing the opponent from playing Yugioh via Omega and/or Crystal Wing or OTKing with Shogunsaga

You can get a copy of him for circa 2 dollars.
There's a lot of Ritual fetchers like the Genjus and most of them have so many printings that they should be dirt cheap. The whole deck should be incredibly cheap to build and really good.

sick

Demise Turbo man that brings back memories. Made me sad when all the card of demise decks kept getting called Demise X I thought somehow someone topped with Demise Turbo.

One more thing to add:

I understand your hostility to recent cards. I came back to the game after more than 5 years during the Dragon Rulers formats, and did not know Synchros, let alone Xyz. Right now the game's even more stupid.

Nevertheless, I got used to new mechanics, but far more importantly got to love all the support they started churning out for ancient archetypes. I myself just loved playing Harpie Ladies deep into the Xyz era and being somewhat competitive.

I would strongly encourage you to at least give the new support to old archetypes a chance. If kept within their own archetypal decks which are played agains each other, they're powerful, but usually in a fun non-game-breaking way.

Except Dinosaurs that is.

ive gotten used to all the blue eyes support. but beyond that ive always preferred to bring cards out of the deck rather than run an extra deck.

at some point im gonna make a wicked god/blue eyes combo deck that i think will be very fun

>ive always preferred to bring cards out of the deck rather than run an extra deck.
This should be up your alley then.
It's one of the two most recent ones, 10 bucks for the deck I think?

that looks good im gonna look into that

>Except Dinosaurs that is.
Dinos are fine on their own imo, it's the mix with True Kings that makes them a typical yugioh meta deck.

Agree with the rest of the points though, I've always said that the new mechanics are fine until Konami prints the first "good" deck based around the mechanic. Pendulum for example were pretty mediocre until the pendulum sorcerers (which was only a thing cause of apex avian) and PePe

Alot of the more recent structure decks (not starter decks) are pretty good with just 3 of them.

>Fine on their own without True Kings
They have a ROTA, a Stratos which doubles as a Armageddon Knight, their own BLS as well as whatever the hell Misanchellasaurus or watever is supposed to be. Oviraptor and the field spells by themselves do great things with the Babycerasaurus and the new baby.

Also, the newer support is fucking stupid.

>Cannot attack directly. If this card is banished: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, it gains 200 ATK for each of your currently banished Dinosaur-Type monsters. You can only use this effect of "Giant Rex" once per turn.

>Banish 1 Dinosaur-Type monster and 1 non-Dinosaur-Type monster from your hand and/or Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Dinosaur-Type monster from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only activate 1 "Ultra Evolution" per turn.

so turns out a blue eyes chaos max dragon profile is literally cancer

Shit user I owe you an apology I just double checked and you're right the Dino support is more crazy than I thought, I forgot about the Armageddon Knight effect of Oviraptor and the flipping face down of Ultimate Conductor. Giant Rex is stupid too, Dino's didn't need more access to the Rank 4 toolbox. Ultra Evolution is disgusting with it too.

Laggia and Dolkka are still out there. Dino's also got a new normal lvl 4, which is fucking WATER, which they can get with rabbit, unexpected Dai and all the baby shenanigans, going into Bahamut Shark for Frog.

They have 3 solemns on legs now, god bless they can't fit all that and the Fire King engine into one deck. Hopefully.

And hopefully the normals are still too clunky. Nevertheless, Laggia and Dolkka are gradually becoming seemingly as easy to get out in multiples as Zoodiac Xyz's. I remember the original Dino Rabbit, and I never asked for an encore.

Links mitigate this only partially, this much swarming capacity allows them to shit out Evolzars even through links. Especially with babies and kings.

Hopefully they become as opressive as Dragon Rulers. When half of the deck gets banned, we just may get a new iteration of the post rulers metagame, which was incredibly open and diverse.

And then came H.A.T.s and noone was allowed to have fun.

*True King Engine

On a side note, Fire King True Kings anyone?

why does Konami keep ignoring the idea of alternative formats?
MtG has so much diversity and YGO desperately needs some too. So many cards are completely obsolete because of power creep, but a new format could revive pretty much all forgotten decks.
I casually play with a 2-Special Summon max per turn house rule with friends and that opens up a lot of play for different decks. Tribute monsters actually become relevant again, Traps and continuous cards are viable again, it's honestly great.

GOAT format becomes casually popular whenever shit goes down. It's especially great because some of the decks played in it nowe were only created in retrospect.

>2 ss per turn
Guess I'll play Yosenju

Monarchs were meta like last year and True Draco literally tributes Continuous Spells/Traps instead of monsters for their tribute summon

good luck against my uria trap control deck broseph

I know you prefer older Archetypes. Well this ones about 3-4 years old and is amazing.
Ghostricks my nigga. Ghostrick.
The archetype has everything a Veeky Forums player loves.
Cute Girls? Check.
Smug Anime Girl? Pic Related
Spooky Scar Skeleton (and other halloween inspired monsters)? Check.
That and their entire playstyle is essentially trolling the ever loving shit out of your opponent + direct attacks.

wew that sounds to good to be true,

Here's the cute girls. In their spooky mansion where they spook people for shits and giggles.
You might notice a bit of a theme here. Ghostricks almost all share the ability to go back face down, using mansion to dodge combat and sneak past their opponents monsters after forcing them facedown.

So, how about those Supreme Servant monsters

I love how my favorite dimension dragon got my favorite Elemental Hero card effect

....and i forgot to include the damn image. or they avoided me somehow. I'll go with that. Sneaky Ghostricks.

*mills your top 5*
pic related is Needle Worm
>but I don't see any pic
oh don't worry about that she has been Book of Eclipsed already, se you next turn ;)

wew. any heavy hitters in the deck or do i need to add my own. my buddies play into the negatives if we hit hard enough

Angel of Mischief is the heavy hitter of the deck. But that's perfectly fine because you'll be locking you opponent into facedown and any non-ghostrick gets their damage halved by mansion.
At which point you flip everything up, direct attack with everything, then flip everything back down.All while using Angel to smug your way into card advantage. That being said Ghostricks are so good at staying on the field i have literally seen them throw in Obelisk as a joke and still get him on the field with no issue.

any problems with stuff like dark hole?

Kinda useless with the new format

Although I do like the Lyrlus and SSD Starving Venom combo

Explain?

Basically

Summon Servant Venom, use Instant Fusion for fusion Lyrlusc, use indepent's effect, inflict 500, use Starving Venom, gain 4000 ATK, inflict piercing battle damage and inflict a free 4000 to your opponent for free

is a deck of just spell and traps viable anymore?

i want to make the opponent suffer

If by viable you mean Tier 1 meta then yes.

They use Extra Deck monsters tho.

dang

Well then

They are usually played along with frogs tho because they synergize well, especially since they allow extracting full value of Toadally Awesome.

Still, pure builds are not unheard of.

Myself I'm just in love with the design of these babies from the mechanical standpoint, as well as love their inspiration. I fail to see the connection between the two, but my love for the deck and ancient life allows me to not see some flaws.

There's no denying its brokenness tho.

Their traps also include their versions of:
>Dark Core
>Shrink
>Foolish Burial (for traps)
>Reinforcements
>And returning one card, type not specified, from banish to grave

It's pretty bonkers.

If your opponent is forced to dark hole you then you've won the moral victory because they're probably taking out at least 3 of their monsters as well
But in the end... not really. Ghostricks bounce back pretty easy and have 3 different hand traps. Also they're pretty good about recycling cards in their grave back into their deck/hand. In fact gimme a minute and i'll find a video showing ghostricks played against a bunch of different decks.

And we can't forget about the honorary Paleozoic.
Paleozoics are, if I remember correctly, the only current meta deck that actually overlays into it instead of getting it off Bahamut Shark.

can you believe i FORGOT to include another cutie earlier? I am ashamed of myself.

Also Jiangshi is fun. One thing i've done with him a LOT is set him face down. Opponent attacks into him flipping him up, which lets me search for Specter, then Jiangshi dies which lets me special summon specter face down and draw a card.
Also that video i said i'd find.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Woke2bwrjY

wew cant wait desu

what would be a cheap cancer deck?

How cheap are you thinking?

below 40 dollars

Buy 3 of the new dino structure deck. Take the best cards out of it and slam them together into a deck. Competitive for about 30 bucks.
Or go for Ghostricks you can get playsets of like 90% of the achetype for like 25 cents a card. The most expensive card might hit 6 dollars.
Or there's always Skydive OTK which is a laugh but i don't know the prices for that.

>Shunning Xyz
> not playing based Rank 10 Trains
>Or use literally every type of extra deck monster with D/D/D

Go to sleep RATA, it's late where we live.

XYZ is one of those mechanics that was fine, and in fact kinda neat as an alternative to Synchro. But then Konami was like "bruh, we gotta sell packs. Go nuts with XYZ until they're the only game in town."

At least with Synchro you had to build your deck around getting specific levels out in the correct order and typically couldn't have any boss monsters main decked.

XYZ in specific cases/archetypes is really fun though and i liked the idea of using XYZ materials as 'ammo' for effects.

Try playing with cards released after 2008.