How do you deal with a character that's immune to everything?

How do you deal with a character that's immune to everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-general/320214-ways-to-kill-progenitus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A Cruel Edict

Well it's protection, not immunity. You can force its owner to sacrifice it, it can be destroyed my mass effects...
mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-general/320214-ways-to-kill-progenitus

But what about a tabletop character who has more outs than a weeb at a fratbro college kegger?

A Merciless Eviction, my dude.

Okay, then I just force-draw it back out and play it again.
GG EZ

It's exiled... can't come back unless you're playing EDH.

I get a presidential pardon and allow it to return to the field.

Fine then.

>Protection from Everything
>Destroy all creatures
>everything

>Counter it
>Mass bounce like Devastation Tide or Cyclonic Rift
>Literally any board wipe
>Force the player to sacrifice it

It's called protection, not invulnerability. Any form of removal that isn't targeted will work.

A tower shield won't save you from a rocket launcher.

Clearly you don't know how to properly use a shield.

>card description says it has protection from literally everything
>except for these things that judges say do not qualify as part of "everything"
Competitive MtG is dumb.

what cannot be destroyed will be bound. just because you can't hurt someone doesn't mean you can't seal them in molten metal, use spells to remove their mobility, or send them into some other dimension from which they cannot return.

No, it has PROTECTION from everything. It's just that protection has a definition that doesn't include everything that could possibly kill it.

"Protection from everything" was just novel shorthand for "Take all the actions that the 'protection' mechanic covers and and put all those options into one basket".

It's why they had to clarify what they meant on Progenitus's gatherer page. Like sure, they coulda been exceedingly specific on the card, but:

1) "Protection from Everything" looks snazzier when you're releasing an all new rarity type (Mythic Rare) that's focused towards the biggest, most splashiest abilities
2) Wizards didn't think they would need to clarify, much like how they didn't think Madrush Cyclops's ability "Creatures you control have haste" wouldn't be intuitive to players that the Cyclops grants itself haste as well. Players just didn't make the connection.

>Playing 3 man ffa
>Summon Progenitus
>One player wipes my board
>Summon it again two turns later
>Forced to sacrifice it
>Summon it again
>Other players wipes my board again
I was so fucking salty getting ganged up on, I still won but didn't talk to those guys for the rest of that day

>I was so fucking salty getting ganged up on
then maybe stop playing the Progenitus

There's a difference between "ganging up" and "threat assessment"

They had shit too
They're friends of mine and knew bringing him out was my decks little gimmick
They were laughing as they did that shit

oh
Well then fuck those guys.

>I cast my highly removal-evasive creature
>Opponents knew I would, so they kept holding up the scant few types of removal that would work until the right moment
>"I was so fucking salty and stopped talking to them"

Like, honestly, what did you expect? If you don't have haste or sac/board wipe protection, then you can't hold a grudge when your opponents take advantage of the opportunity you gave them that everyone knew would arise eventually.

>They were laughing as they did that shit

Nvm, I'm with , fuck people who rub it in, even if was the expected play

Like I said, they were friends, they knew the gimmick because I had shown them the deck and it was my first time using it.
They just did it to fuck with me because I was excited to see it work so I got buttblasted when they started fucking with it.
It wasn't some random faggot I met at a shop so I it wasn't malicious shit but my ass still felt pain.

well they aren't laughing now
-- Progenitus, 1933

>They just did it to fuck with me
>They didn't do it because they were trying to win a competitive card game

Because I want to watch it all burn

Is that why they did that? It bugs the shit out of me that cards like Khenra Charioteer say
"Trample
Other creatures you control have Trample"
but if people were getting confused by it I guess it makes more sense. Still, IT'S REDUNDANT AND I HATE IT

I call it boring.

Make sure to exploit things that he like that aren't immune to everything.

Throw it off the board.

Make a weapon that is effective against everything
like friendship

What about his cooler cousin, Brogenitus

I WARNED YOU ABOUT SACRIFICING BRO! I TOLD YOU DOG!

All these shit answers

leyline +damnation
Chaos dunk'd

Same thing with "whenever you cycle or discard a card"
That's what happens when you hire literal retards to playtest

?

you think im gonna read all that shit? why the fuck can't konami do keywords

Protection means in can't be "DEBT"

D: Damaged
E: Enchanted and Equiped (and fortified)
B: Blocked
T: Targeted

When you cycle a card you discard it as literally stated in the cycle reminder text but WotC had to be redundant about it since everyone is retarded and needs to have everything spelled out for them

You only have to read the first line.
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent's field in Attack Position by Tributing 1 monster they control.

Just because something has protection doesn't mean that protection is all encompassing: Consider your conception.