An atlas would wreck everything in 40k in a 1v1 fight

An atlas would wreck everything in 40k in a 1v1 fight

Other urls found in this thread:

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55164.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...a what?

How would you even compare stats eh? Besides I don't think you can beat Khorne in a fistfight robot or no.

Is that 3D printed? Surprisingly nice. I will have to look into the entire process of ripping Mechwarrior models.

An Atlas can't even beat an Urbanmech.

not really, almost everything of titan class just looks down, laughs, and then literally steps on the atlas.

Now if it were 1v1 of equivalents to the atlas then there's more to debate

>not really, almost everything of titan class just looks down, laughs

Atlas is almost as big as a reaver.

It has almost no weapons to touch the Titans, but it definitely has the size for it.

Well, let's see. If we use the completely batshit statistics of an Inner Sphere Small Laser putting enough kW of energy out to slag an entire M1 Abrams MBT, and consider that 40k tonks are, canonically, more weakly armored by lesser materials, then it's possible the quartet of Medium Lasers it has would melt a Titan of any size. However, the falling slag would probably kill the Atlas or at least encase it in enough melted metal that it is out of the fight after that.

See this? This is retarded. This is how autistic this shit is. You are a bad troll. Stop. This is your overly-involved (you). I'd tell you to get the fuck back into the Battletech containment thread, but I don't want you there either. So go take up poines or something, you're a shit.

Necron world engine

that's fine Armored Core is Superior anyway

AC is fun and I support your decision to play and enjoy it. I just prefer my lumbering tonkbots.

Battletech does have construction rules, but then it comes down to design choices from rules vs fluff. Like, say, the Leman Russ's gun: I've seen it represented as a sniper artillery canon by some other person's homebrew attempts. However, from what I understand, the Leman Russ's gun is a 120 mm canon. Now, according to Battletech's current developers, a modern 120mm gun is a 'light rifle cannon' in Battletech, and does fuck all against battlemech armor.

Based on that, you could very easily come to the conclusion that 40k is rather outmatched.

TL;DR: whoever wins is up to you, depending on opponents, perspectives, and however you design your matchup.

Play armored core 5 + verdict day

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. Even 10k millenia degraded Imperium tech is way out of the league of Battletech 3k kids botz.

A single Reaver would rip their assholes in half.
Do you have any idea how strong Void Shields are?

The Atlas is 100 tons of "look how fucking important I am! Shoot me in my stupid face!" It gets btfo by a handful of fucking Locusts. It sure as shit isn't taking on half the crazy magical tech bullshit in 40k.

>Do you have any idea how strong Void Shields are?
AV 12, that's vulnerable to heavy small arms

Technically, battlemechs are also vulnerable to said 'heavy small arms'. Machine guns do do 1 damage, you'll recall.

Most 40K weapons are barely any better than real world 20th century equivalents. Everything in Battletech is made of fucking magic and diamonds. I think these arguments are pointless as fuck but based on what developers have actually said about their respective universe's tech compared to the real world, BT is wildly more advanced than 40K, no matter how much BT may be steeped in "technology in decline" lore.

*unsheathes four katanas*

Le game rules are le real...

A single Leman Russ would be invulnerable to anything but tactical nukes fired straight at his rear...a Reaver Titan would gangbang the Clans in an afternoon,

40k tech is superior to everything.

the leman russ gun is very obviously much larger than 120mm

Are you fucking high?

The basic lasgun is far more powerful than the modern day rifle, is accurate over a kilometer, literally a laser, and requires zero logistics to maintain and supply. It can recharge itself by leaving it on a camp fire and then have enough power to unleash kilojoule shots. Which frankly requires it literally create energy out of nothing, but no way in hell is a camp fire supplying enough energy in one night for 100 shots of around 2-5 kilojoules of energy.

And that's just the start, bolters are hypersonic bullshit able to penetrate 8 inches of super-steel. Leman Russes are able to resist gigajoules of energy that can vaporize entire bunkers and reduce them to a liquid. Vanquisher cannons also have gigajoules of energy.

>A single Leman Russ would be invulnerable to anything but tactical nukes fired straight at his rear...a Reaver Titan would gangbang the Clans in an afternoon,
no it wouldnt be, you fucking idiot
its a robust tank but its sure not invulnerable, and the rear can be damaged by the in-universe equivalent of an 50. cal

k
*launches vortex missile*

k
*teleports behind you*

100 tonne battlemech is essentially equivalent to a heavy knight class walker
but, since it lacks any powerfield or shield technology, loses out to the 40k mech. If it goes up against a Warhound or heavier it just gets squashed , unless it uses its maneuverability advantage to run and keep running.

An Atlas would be lucky to outmanuver some fortifications.

so... thanks for the worthless thread?

this so much.
An atlas can probably take most conventional sized 40k tanks.
But imperial mechs have both a technological and often significant size advantage, an atlas has no hope 1v1 even a warhound.

>Now, according to Battletech's current developers, a modern 120mm gun is a 'light rifle cannon' in Battletech,
you wot?
a light riffle cannon is ~40mm autocannon level.
120mm+ like a battlecannon is AC 10 or even AC 20 depending on rate of fire.
The russ would be an AC 10, ghe rapidfire battlecannon on an imperial knight is an AC20.

Not according to pic related. Also, the mini is horribly, adversely affected by the 'heroic' scale.

Atlas' fists are probably enough to damage a Reaver given that melee goes through void shields

Even comparing the diameter of the picture with the given height here gives a number way higher than 120mm.

Anything 40k that tries to give details like this is always horribly inaccurate and can safely be ignored because it's blatantly false.

>itt: 40kids getting buttmad at the idea that there might be more dangerous settings out there

>a light riffle cannon is ~40mm autocannon level.
I'm curious as to what makes you think that. Even in XTRO:1945, a Tiger's 88 is only a 'light rifle cannon'

>120mm+ like a battlecannon is AC 10 or even AC 20 depending on rate of fire.
The key is the rate of fire. Even with autoloaders, Leman Russes have never been shown to be particularly fast-firing An AC in battletech fires in bursts, so forget whatever you've seen from the video games where its one shell per trigger pull.

>The russ would be an AC 10, ghe rapidfire battlecannon on an imperial knight is an AC20.
I strongly disagree, but I'm willing to listen to your argument.

It's at the very least a 45cm gun

oh there are more dangerous settings.
Btech isn't one of them though, its too realistic.

Fuck you, my pauldrons are bigger and ave mor skulls than yours.

>An AC in battletech fires in bursts,
sometimes, depending on calibre.
A cauldron borns AC20 is explictly a single shot 203mm gun. Its basically an imperial demolisher cannon.

>I'm curious as to what makes you think that
rifflecannons are said to be the precursors to autocannons, an AC 5 can be as small as 30mm and is what a "light" rifle would be comparable to.

yeah, good call on dimensional accuracy.

user, I eat, breathe, sleep and shit Battletech, but under no circumstances would I make such a claim.

40k is built on "my bullshit is +1 over yours at all times".

Unless you move the goalposts to make 40k less derpily structured, that's the end of the conversation.

You may be specifically correct in regards to that model of AC20, but you are certainly generally correct about it being variable based on design.

>Its basically an imperial demolisher cannon.
I'll need more convincing on that point.

>It's at the very least a 45cm gun
Or the tank is, at that scale, what? More than a kilometer tall? Either way, it doesn't matter 'cause we're explicitly told that it is 120mm. Blame a bad picture.

>rifflecannons are said to be the precursors to autocannons, an AC 5 can be as small as 30mm and is what a "light" rifle would be comparable to.
Yes, they may be precursors, but that doesn't necessarily mean that much. On paper rough equivalence in performance doesn't mean they do the same thing the same way. A 30mm AC/5 would most likely do its damage by sandblasting the target with LOTS of shells. A rifle cannon tries to do it in one go. Also, you have to keep in mind, ACs have 'modern' battletech munitions to feed them, rifle cannons don't benefit from the same.

>700+ medals given to a single babby tank

That might be the most Imperial thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

>kilometer tall tank

I'm genuinely surprised that's not already a thing in 40k, to be honest.

So, WHERE'S this battletech war game and how hard is it to start. I've been needing some mech combat in my life since Warmachine went to the shitter.

WHAT? Another example of 40k writers/designers being absolute shit with numbers? Say it isn't so.

>I'll need more convincing on that point
they're both ~200mm short range cannons that fire HEAT rounds, with almost excessive recoil.

>40k tech is superior to everything.
laughing_GSVs.glyph

i think he means everything in Battletech, given the context of this thread.

laughing anime#4373

This guy gets it. Battletech has some grounds in reality and what's physically possible. 40k is like super man. He's as strong or as weak as he needs to be for the story.

Realistic Leman Russ coming through!!

>long barrel gets caught on clothing
>ejected off table
>long barrel shatters
>shouldn't have fucked with the STC bruh

laughingmechanicus.exe

>Wearing baggy clothes to the table
MC Hammer pls

I'm usually wearing a short sleeve or a button down with rolled up sleeves. Either way, I'm not fat and so dont require baggy clothing.

With a barrel that long, you could get caught on a speedo lol.

It's actually shorter than a vaquisher barrel.

Forgot pic

Imperium vs Inner Sphere or Clans?
>Imperial Guard vs Conventional Infantry
>IG/SM tanks/speeders/aircraft vs tanks/hovers/vtols
>Space Marines vs Battle Armor/Elementals
>Dreadnaughts/Dreadknights/Penitent Engines vs ProtoMechs
>IG Sentinels/Knights/Titans vs BattleMechs/OmniMechs
I feel like it's dead even up till the mechs, once titans come into play it'd take whole lances/stars of assaults to even bother them.
And space battles? Forget it. Unless I'm miss remembering AreoTech, Battlefleet Gothic dwarfs BT spaceships in scale alone.

Also I would love to see a mockup fight using 40k epic scale minis.

>An atlas would wreck everything in 40k in a 1v1 fight
What, even the world engine? Unless this thing is secretly TTGL than I doubt it.

What's with the thin, long legs? They look gay af.

Try here, its /btg/, Battletech general.

yeah aounds about right.
Though 40k tends to go to a larger scale in force size as well.
While a guardsmen is near enough the same as BT infantry, a typifal gyard deployment is going to include significantly more soldiers.

Note it's the tank that got rhe medals, not the crew

This is sick, I want one

Check Epic 40k, it just may be a thing.

>While a guardsmen is near enough the same as BT infantry, a typifal gyard deployment is going to include significantly more soldiers.
I figure that could be balanced out by the more varied types of BT infantry (Motorized, jump, mechanized).

Keked audibly

Fookin weaboogs

Op, the days of quests and Dawn of War shitposting are behind us. We have generals now.

There is no need to reason to kick the hornets' nest.

Besides, no... Atlases are shit even in their own game, especially before the FCCW. According to numbers, they could wreck face of pretty much any 40K tank... but the 40K doesn't stop there and goes into empire state building sized robots with energy shields and shit.

Pretty hard to compete with a setting that doesn't even try to feel vaguely realistic.

Oh, hang on, if you meant just that particular kind of AC/20, then that I can agree with.

What's that?

How thick is the armor on BT tanks? Space Marines may be able to penetrate them unless they're made of super metal.

AFAIK, we don't have any real indication. That said, BT armor ablates like hell, so shrug

asside from jump IG also have those types, plus orbital drop infantry.

Unfinished Projects...

Not too familiar with the Atlas, but the imperator titan is the largest mech possible without disturbing a planet's gravity well

How the fuck is it supposed to ram down xenos creatures if they keep getting stuck on the gun and fucking it up in the process?

6/10 impractically heretical in the M41

>Clan Wolf Warhammer
FuckingREEEEEEEEE!

I guess having better guns is supposed to make up for the BAR4 armor?

just turn the turret when ramming

I had forgotten about super-heavy vehicles and mechs. Might shorten the gap, but not by much.
Which would be easier Alpha Strike -> Epic or Epic -> Alpha Strike?

forgot pic
This gives me a raging happy.

I started with infantry as the baseline and had to work my way up using probabilities. The only thing that I knew both games had in common were conventional human infantry.

The BAR 4 armor goes up according to the strength of the unit. I just never got to the big tanks. Usually it goes up to BAR 8 or so. BAR 10 isn't reached until Toughness 14. According to my notes from ages ago:

>Armor Piercing chance on tanks is STR+1d6. Average value of 1D6 is 3.5. Therefore, any armor will have a bar of Strength Damage Value of (Toughness-3.5), rounding down (As BAR is "Exceeding this value". Any number equal or less is absorbed).

But yeah, In a game made to focus on infantry, it's not really a surprise that conventional infantry in 40K can steamroll Battletech conventional infantry, though the clan elemental / Space marine argument is better suited to be between the Terminator suits. SM's are closer to Infiltrator Mk 1 suits.

>I had forgotten about super-heavy vehicles and mechs. Might shorten the gap,
yeah, a shadowsword is sure to give even assault mechs serious trouble.

Probably playing it in alpha strike.

Converting chance into averages is easier than converting hard numbers into chance.

Though Alpha Strike would probably feel more familiar with 40K players, I prefer the original flavor.

eh i reckon elementals are more akin to tau crisis suits than terminators.

And yet the flashlight has the same statline as an autogun, which is just a fucking machinegun.

I guess that isn't a terrible way to do it, certainly better than anything I've got at the moment.

The Swarmlord, the only 'nid unit that's a legitimate threat.

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55164.0

You did say 1v1, and technically all tyranids are the same creature.

>the only 'nid unit that's a legitimate threat.

i think you've forgotten a few things.

If one army brings a titan you can assume the other also has, and the Hierophant will lose to any similar sized titan under normal circumstances.

Shoot them off of the barrel. If tank barrels can be used to sweep back and forth to demolish houses (and they are) I'm pretty sure flesh wound provide much problem.

I was talking about the 200 ton siege tank Destrier and the 200 ton mech Orca in battletech.

Strap a hammer to the barrel and beat the enemy with it.

the heirophant is warhound sized and does well enough.

but we're not pitting 40k things against 40k things here.
Battlemechs are comparable to imperial knights and heirpophants stomp all over those

Wouldn't Crisis Suits be more on the scale of ProtoMechs?

>Never heard of a Warhammer IIC
Fuckin normies.