Why do so few Sororitas fall to chaos...

Why do so few Sororitas fall to chaos? It would be cool if we could get a new chaos faction of corrupted sororitas in 8td edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AIezHSZiPwroZ-Bk1wOHxilMBrr2afeUIPWPNd7kbJ0lfO1GwCquYrEFsfsRzUbvhBOF4RriUZihsQn4nEx4epBCNlheIde6x6lCgWnxakZkIwMd6eu5vDrjzDcseHkZr_e4HtmgDIlOnmWmzWmtx69OvPJvmGXuocN1pA9iMKK_SmS78LyXkALrRmgIe6qT9oQxPGxVlhNf&th=,EuNX48KwTB0Kjo1NDh22QzinLTU-hcHwAAAAcKAAAABrawN353yZ4g2Tt-o82AZi3NXfwgbVPk_x19P0tpLdP7vf6r9z_VP-WW-1jGATxAGA5j8Y7qHC8Cj25MXp2uKz4VU1At9SI2Uw9CxTvsbUabcU5vN5AAhO8ww4WEoVeGwp2J8Ki5ME4pBAb5SVwg0bvKNHddoDRDZTCN6Jn1tJV2e1veKJ0TNLt5dZpTapF2D9cYZ2YVtQuqL3XFDKZmbJZ2ahOV4wP0Mc4tAF71YIo9WdFzQTHcszE20y0ybWP4JYrNAE8B_L830x0qWaJyXegoK9nuZiLpsZRP3_2oM0juUz2YvXqONiEe0qhvVFbycgj39bBwcmyTDZIvR0V29hQvgIOm6AnaQ5R95KfxTG-ZKirJi90OT87yOV6IWwc6VYaeIyyMkz4dn6xxRwaFW_7MS5-xbkzcOuTDKbEot0SSs1VSE3naE_wvv2kroAKt7_Ln9ZR_hbeMOqmj6-IVuZk6dDHCvEMbazmDONWkdPW_Ffxl2cuw_iGI0ZhMvhx4r0WmIvpJDLFQk8bF7qeEzpYMW6v51Wo2SjIMr3WNtrKAijcxcM0mThDpEgAeBT-9dQRl495vNy6sQBU0xD7oHEUxuY40hziz-y9hjGwqtbFKeGnFT_fdgWI-GnroZDMFaH8bZdzWqICwZKtPymUFNUtExYskQZSnoomKEgpR0cogtkM0xMduH669Ah41LMozFznWVpopPmKUZq0QrbKGmc33eTuXk5Fntx8fa3lNfA5iKYky2R4treIsoaM7qrz_TDq0aA1ydPLCY_ksP6zIkDFDT4Q2nvgiBhysJLzMmaOsYEXR7kX6YZEA9EX2AvyEdhlHJG3gDTLDblsPdQkXEJPdX2LwzMlhz93OqW95xII9cPNpjARxYj9ow7nm_FzbuHKz_WKTFT2-rf3X674yBKjPxnCcNLn7sLG5fu3fo-AsP1AjKba0VkwzFOR45RBc-Gnu11KMY-5uTPs3vw4Vwrd8YhHsdgyUHBsi8OkhM4uxZpLhgiumTbTU0QXAWJDFp4XlzScx5zA-d1p13Rm8_6u2XDLNjFUjY-nDLApPPAJD4uVY0MHV3TmEWwd9jzzNMtfMehxyykGMjzgiJgyWAUFEgPHMytfjfLiPeh52lml15Eh7iTQ7ej-1k6-GEUgSvlFdmJ0CsciKXM-3wqdwjADuLyg_gYwkg04bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they are the faction of paladins. Divine power and all.

Generally the fluff reason is that their faith is too pure. It's not the greed and insanity of much the Ecclessiarchy or the mental reprogramming of Marines but pure, true faith.

>It would be cool if we could get a new chaos faction of corrupted sororitas in 8td edition.

That would continue to just make them 'Marines lite', which is an issue they've struggled with as a faction.

But they have boobs. Make them plastic for loyal and chaos and they will sell like butter.

Sisters of Battle/Adeptus Sororitas should quite frankly be part of a rebooted Lost and Damned unit roster, being a fast attack choice with pistols and flamers, with the odd sister being a squad leader choice to drive cultists and mutants into a frenzy.
Maybe allow them to field certain vehicles as costumisation options for standard L&D vehicle choices which I presume will usually be from the Guard roster.

>It would be cool if we could get a new chaos faction of corrupted sororitas in 8td edition.
Let's get an updated product line first.

Too bad one Sister fell to Slaanesh.

you were supposed to burn the witches not join them!

They should just fold Sisters into Space Marines, to be completely honest.

>it would be cool if i had a new faction to jerk off to hilariously inaccurate fan art of.

>hilariously inaccurate fan art
t. cuck von cuckstein

it's ADEPTA

>chaos anything
>cool
I don't even remember when Chaos was cool instead of pants on the head retarded

>dat Sucy

It would be more cool if we got any Sororitas anything at all

If they folded Adepta Sororitas into Space Marines or reworked them into a new faction with different lore, who would you want to be the new militant arm of the Witchhunters?

If she fell to chaos she was never a true sister...

No true scottsman and all that

Why would that be a good idea? You've be completely changing the fluff of them and not even keeping them loyal.

In that place they'd have issues with being 'Chaos Marines lite'

Why?

>not a true sister
>tfw everyone bullies her even if she went traitor

>If they folded Adepta Sororitas into Space Marines or reworked them into a new faction with different lore, who would you want to be the new militant arm of the Witchhunters?
I wouldn't want them to do that.

Why would you fold them in with the marines? That doesn't make any sense from a lore standpoint or a mechanical one.

It's a shame she had to fall to Slaanesh, of all the gods making SoBs more shamelessly fanservice.

A khorne SoB I can get behind. I can conceive of them getting more easily manipulated by the appeals of blood and honor than excess and pleasure.

Why does Veeky Forums have an autistic hatred for Sisters of Battle???

Extremely expensive models and being kind of redundant in the lore. That's the gist of it.

Don't fold them in completely.

But you could play up the warrior monk vs warrior nuns comparison more.
Make them into the echlesiarchy's attempt to have space marines and get around the no men under arms thing.

>Make them into the echlesiarchy's attempt to have space marines and get around the no men under arms thing.
That's already their deal

Whereas each faction has it's share of vocal retards, the SoB ones are the embodiment of the creepy magical realm guy. Also, what said.

Honestly, with St Celestine doing the sort of stuff that she can do right now I think the best way of differentiating them from the Space Marines would be to play more into the power of faith and miracles.

Sisters Hospitaler healing wounds with a touch of a hand or uttering prayers that drive back a nurgle plague wind with a warm breeze for example.

The whole 'Is it miracles or not' is an interesting fluff idea but it doesn't help the issue of trying to make them feel less like marines. Something a bit more old testament would help more imo.

They don't at least not all or even most of Veeky Forums. As far as I can tell there's a love/hate relationship.

You can usually reduce any autistic hatred on Veeky Forums to contrarianism. Some people love it, therefore others take it upon themselves to hate it.

user, their whole shtick is unwavering faith. They are the strong arm of the church and the Ordo Hereticus, are trained from early childhood to be 100% pure, act as moral guardians towards imperial priests and nobles, and are so faithful that they can will litteral miracles into existence.

Having corrupted Sororitas is like having scared Space Marines or a sane α+ unsanctionned psyker. It can happen, but it runs counter to the basic theme of the faction and should be used very scarcely. Which, knowing GW's current batch of authors, it won't.
So, no thanks.

>sisters of battle never fall to chaos
except the one who fell to Slaanesh
>grey knights never fall to chaos
except the one who fell to Slaanesh

I'm seeing a delicious pattern here.

That's the most boring things you could do with SoB. Hell, if you want chaos sisters, create an original female chaos cult or something. Not everything need to be "X but corrupted".
I kinda want chaos eldar though.

Because they're not sluts in cosplay like your pic suggests, they're brainwashed religious fundamentalists with a murder streak. And if you take how hard it is to convert the ones in our world (who, unlike the sisters, cannot simply show you clear proof their god exists or that their faith gives them crazy powers n shit) you'd know how much stubborn, belligerent stupidity does to make someone incorruptible to things they're taught to dislike.

This is always how I wanted them to treat SoB honestly. They're just too similar to marines at the moment and there's really no incentive to play them other than being a pervert, which is enough for most of us but not enough to warrant being their own entire faction. Go all out with the faith stuff. I liked how in Dawn of War Relic decided to give the Sisters their own unique Faith resource in addition to the others, even if it was kind of lazy and just allowed some cool special attacks.

So...acts of faith then?

Those seriously need work. Half of them are outright worthless.

Slaanesh is best chaos god?

That Slaaneshfags need to feel like special snowflakes because they're generally irrelevant and have nothing else going for them?

I think the trick to having a corrupting influence on any such a faction isn't necessarily to have them break their faith, but to mislead their fanaticism.

I don't think SoB's need a chaos faction, but I do think it's feasible for any unquestioningly dogmatic organization to get led down a rabbit hole.

If you take real religions as an example, usually all it takes is a charismatic leader to go "They don't have it completely right, but I spoke with the Emperor and -I- have it completely right."

They should just fuck and get it over with.

The SoB players seem to keep it mostly to themselves.
I rarely see a Sisterfag intervening in an unrelated discussion to wave his faction's epeen around (not that there's much to wave, anyways).
Meanwhile you always find Imperial/Chaos/Tau/Ork/Necron/Eldar fags to ruin any attempt at a reasonable discussion about 40k with HURR DURR X IS ENDGAME, Y SUCKS.

More 'Making them a bit more overt'. As right now a lot of them are stuff like 'You are faithfully angry and this MIGHT be divine judgement or just might be you being angry and therefore stronger'.

St Celestine can call down a faith-based orbital bombardment. I think the place for 'Is this real power or just their minds and fanaticism' has sorta passed.

>If you take real religions as an example, usually all it takes is a charismatic leader to go "They don't have it completely right, but I spoke with the Emperor and -I- have it completely right."

I believe we call that the Age of Apostasy. Chaos doesn't need to be behind everything, sometimes it can just be an asshole.

But yeah, the Age of Apostasy is a chunk of why I think Chaos Sisters would be redundant. It would be like having Horus Heresy 2: Electric Boogaloo. They've already had the story about faith being tested and being missled.

Hell yeah
What are you talking about? Slaanesh has the most potential power, 8th edition Daemons Army Book for WHFB specifically stated the other gods were scared of the power their younger sibling could potentially awaken if they weren't careful.
What?

A Chaos Primarch leading them astray could be cool. He has tons of authority on account of being made out of juices from Big E himself could be cool. They're still completely faithful to the Emperor but they've had a slightly different ideal of what he's meant to be drilled into them.

>Slaanesh has the most potential power, 8th edition Daemons Army Book for WHFB specifically stated the other gods were scared of the power their younger sibling could potentially awaken if they weren't careful.
Yeah, sounds like something your average DeviantArtist would choose for a faction.

>>grey knights never fall to chaos
>except the one who fell to Slaanesh
Uh, can't happen. Since Grey Knights theoretically burn up from all the hexagrammical wards enscribed in their bones if they'd fall.

did somebody say wards?

Ok, seriously: Where do people hear this? I have literally never seen this in any grey knight book. Can someone point me to where it is?

Focusing on the big 4 instead of keeping Chaos as an infinite pantheon of entities with varying powers was a mistake.
Your Chaos god is not the best, it's just a sizeable chunk of amalgamated emotions.

It's canon, it's in the Daemons of Chaos army book for 8th edition fantasy battle.
Never heard of that, also might have happened, all we know is that the grey knight managed to resist Slaanesh's entire realm but upon reaching Slaanesh himself faltered for just a second because Slaanesh is just too beautiful and beguiling, he fell in that moment. After that he very well might have exploded for all we know.
Or maybe we'll get Grey Knight Daemon Prince of Slaanesh in the new edition almost definitely not that'd be too cool
I disagree purely because I have a bias for Slaanesh, excessive perfectionism is my jam.

>whfb is apparently 40k now
>even whfb shat on slaanesh went it died and became aos
>still designed to cater to a teenage babby's desire to be special by default instead of actually being special
>still the de facto faction for people who don't get enough tail to realize its overrated without the relationship it's supposed to come with

>instead of keeping Chaos as an infinite pantheon of entities with varying powers
t. Malalfag

>It's canon, it's in the Daemons of Chaos army book for 8th edition fantasy battle.
>8th edition fantasy battle.
>It's canon

>

>If you take real religions as an example, usually all it takes is a charismatic leader to go "They don't have it completely right, but I spoke with the Emperor and -I- have it completely right."

Then =I= is gonna fuck you up.

Probably, but not inevitably. Plenty goes on under the inquisition's nose, they can hardly regulate their own members. google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AIezHSZiPwroZ-Bk1wOHxilMBrr2afeUIPWPNd7kbJ0lfO1GwCquYrEFsfsRzUbvhBOF4RriUZihsQn4nEx4epBCNlheIde6x6lCgWnxakZkIwMd6eu5vDrjzDcseHkZr_e4HtmgDIlOnmWmzWmtx69OvPJvmGXuocN1pA9iMKK_SmS78LyXkALrRmgIe6qT9oQxPGxVlhNf&th=,EuNX48KwTB0Kjo1NDh22QzinLTU-hcHwAAAAcKAAAABrawN353yZ4g2Tt-o82AZi3NXfwgbVPk_x19P0tpLdP7vf6r9z_VP-WW-1jGATxAGA5j8Y7qHC8Cj25MXp2uKz4VU1At9SI2Uw9CxTvsbUabcU5vN5AAhO8ww4WEoVeGwp2J8Ki5ME4pBAb5SVwg0bvKNHddoDRDZTCN6Jn1tJV2e1veKJ0TNLt5dZpTapF2D9cYZ2YVtQuqL3XFDKZmbJZ2ahOV4wP0Mc4tAF71YIo9WdFzQTHcszE20y0ybWP4JYrNAE8B_L830x0qWaJyXegoK9nuZiLpsZRP3_2oM0juUz2YvXqONiEe0qhvVFbycgj39bBwcmyTDZIvR0V29hQvgIOm6AnaQ5R95KfxTG-ZKirJi90OT87yOV6IWwc6VYaeIyyMkz4dn6xxRwaFW_7MS5-xbkzcOuTDKbEot0SSs1VSE3naE_wvv2kroAKt7_Ln9ZR_hbeMOqmj6-IVuZk6dDHCvEMbazmDONWkdPW_Ffxl2cuw_iGI0ZhMvhx4r0WmIvpJDLFQk8bF7qeEzpYMW6v51Wo2SjIMr3WNtrKAijcxcM0mThDpEgAeBT-9dQRl495vNy6sQBU0xD7oHEUxuY40hziz-y9hjGwqtbFKeGnFT_fdgWI-GnroZDMFaH8bZdzWqICwZKtPymUFNUtExYskQZSnoomKEgpR0cogtkM0xMduH669Ah41LMozFznWVpopPmKUZq0QrbKGmc33eTuXk5Fntx8fa3lNfA5iKYky2R4treIsoaM7qrz_TDq0aA1ydPLCY_ksP6zIkDFDT4Q2nvgiBhysJLzMmaOsYEXR7kX6YZEA9EX2AvyEdhlHJG3gDTLDblsPdQkXEJPdX2LwzMlhz93OqW95xII9cPNpjARxYj9ow7nm_FzbuHKz_WKTFT2-rf3X674yBKjPxnCcNLn7sLG5fu3fo-AsP1AjKba0VkwzFOR45RBc-Gnu11KMY-5uTPs3vw4Vwrd8YhHsdgyUHBsi8OkhM4uxZpLhgiumTbTU0QXAWJDFp4XlzScx5zA-d1p13Rm8_6u2XDLNjFUjY-nDLApPPAJD4uVY0MHV3TmEWwd9jzzNMtfMehxyykGMjzgiJgyWAUFEgPHMytfjfLiPeh52lml15Eh7iTQ7ej-1k6-GEUgSvlFdmJ0CsciKXM-3wqdwjADuLyg_gYwkg04bc

>google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AIezHSZiPwroZ-Bk1wOHxilMBrr2afeUIPWPNd7kbJ0lfO1GwCquYrEFsfsRzUbvhBOF4RriUZihsQn4nEx4epBCNlheIde6x6lCgWnxakZkIwMd6eu5vDrjzDcseHkZr_e4HtmgDIlOnmWmzWmtx69OvPJvmGXuocN1pA9iMKK_SmS78LyXkALrRmgIe6qT9oQxPGxVlhNf&th=,EuNX48KwTB0Kjo1NDh22QzinLTU-hcHwAAAAcKAAAABrawN353yZ4g2Tt-o82AZi3NXfwgbVPk_x19P0tpLdP7vf6r9z_VP-WW-1jGATxAGA5j8Y7qHC8Cj25MXp2uKz4VU1At9SI2Uw9CxTvsbUabcU5vN5AAhO8ww4WEoVeGwp2J8Ki5ME4pBAb5SVwg0bvKNHddoDRDZTCN6Jn1tJV2e1veKJ0TNLt5dZpTapF2D9cYZ2YVtQuqL3XFDKZmbJZ2ahOV4wP0Mc4tAF71YIo9WdFzQTHcszE20y0ybWP4JYrNAE8B_L830x0qWaJyXegoK9nuZiLpsZRP3_2oM0juUz2YvXqONiEe0qhvVFbycgj39bBwcmyTDZIvR0V29hQvgIOm6AnaQ5R95KfxTG-ZKirJi90OT87yOV6IWwc6VYaeIyyMkz4dn6xxRwaFW_7MS5-xbkzcOuTDKbEot0SSs1VSE3naE_wvv2kroAKt7_Ln9ZR_hbeMOqmj6-IVuZk6dDHCvEMbazmDONWkdPW_Ffxl2cuw_iGI0ZhMvhx4r0WmIvpJDLFQk8bF7qeEzpYMW6v51Wo2SjIMr3WNtrKAijcxcM0mThDpEgAeBT-9dQRl495vNy6sQBU0xD7oHEUxuY40hziz-y9hjGwqtbFKeGnFT_fdgWI-GnroZDMFaH8bZdzWqICwZKtPymUFNUtExYskQZSnoomKEgpR0cogtkM0xMduH669Ah41LMozFznWVpopPmKUZq0QrbKGmc33eTuXk5Fntx8fa3lNfA5iKYky2R4treIsoaM7qrz_TDq0aA1ydPLCY_ksP6zIkDFDT4Q2nvgiBhysJLzMmaOsYEXR7kX6YZEA9EX2AvyEdhlHJG3gDTLDblsPdQkXEJPdX2LwzMlhz93OqW95xII9cPNpjARxYj9ow7nm_FzbuHKz_WKTFT2-rf3X674yBKjPxnCcNLn7sLG5fu3fo-AsP1AjKba0VkwzFOR45RBc-Gnu11KMY-5uTPs3vw4Vwrd8YhHsdgyUHBsi8OkhM4uxZpLhgiumTbTU0QXAWJDFp4XlzScx5zA-d1p13Rm8_6u2XDLNjFUjY-nDLApPPAJD4uVY0MHV3TmEWwd9jzzNMtfMehxyykGMjzgiJgyWAUFEgPHMytfjfLiPeh52lml15Eh7iTQ7ej-1k6-GEUgSvlFdmJ0CsciKXM-3wqdwjADuLyg_gYwkg04bc

what the fuck captcha

I was making two different cases for two different universes, and don't act like AoS wasn't the biggest shit GW has taken since Ward.
How did you manage to fit absolutely no meaning into four lines worth of words anyway?
>cater to a teenage babby's desire to be special
how?
Fair point, I still play 8th edition fantasy with some people and we refuse to migrate even after GW realised they need points values, useless cunts.

Nice url.

>tfw no daemonette waifu

CHAOS
CONSUME ME

I must've accidentally dragged the captcha box into the chat box or something. That link wasn't there when I hit submit.

I think it's calling for help

>not sacrificing six Eldar to Slaanesh after torturing them in an altar dedicated to Excess for 6 days in order to summon an Alluress and binding her to a stolen Eldar Powersword
>not polishing said daemon weapon daily and whispering kinky things to it as much as it belittles you and mocks every decision
>not sensually caressing the blade after using it to sever several major arteries of a captured SoB and giggling with your weaponfu while you watch the corpse worshipper bleed out in agony and terror
It's like you don't even worship Slaanesh

> The souls of the damned are trapped on the internet.

[Chaos intensifies]

I don't understand. Is this a direct link to the Inquisition?

It's to captcha.

So yes.

Because they are the most faithful to the Emperor. They pray several times a day, purify themselves constantly and have those penitent engines for the slightest mistakes.

Those are for heretics. Sisters go join the repentia.

Fuck off. Not everything needs to have a Chaos equivalent. Besides, the Sisters get shit on enough. We don't need them being corrupted left and right, too.

Because women

Achtually, penitent engines are also for members of the Ecclesiarchyt that have lapsed; the church doesn't like incompetents. For sisters it's mostly causing the death of fellow sisters by their actions.
Which is surprisingly decent of their high command. IG doesn't care about collateral damage at all.

Source: SoB codex 5th ed.

Regular heretics get arco flagellation.

>Which is surprisingly decent of their high command. IG doesn't care about collateral damage at all.

Honestly by most imperial standards, the SOB are remarkably decent. Not all orders are equally so but I imagine a lot of it comes from the fact they are not a purely military group.

The are Medics, Teachers, Diplomats and Scholars as well. It likely gives them a much more holistic view of how their actions affect the imperium. The guard are concerned with taking back a hive, the sisters need to consider what will happen after the battle as well.

Fluff doesn't matter compared to sales.

GW will rape your background like they did Cadia, in some elaborate scheme to give Imperials three OP beatsticks.

I do. I mean, I don't, I was too young to be a fatguy back then, but I'm pretty sure pic related is pretty cool

Sisters get enough blood jokes as is user

> drilled in to them
Phrasing user, phrasing

>when you get so upset that your fictional setting filled with space orcs and space elves attracts nerdy losers who jerk off to the tits in the artwork that you have to post but then you realize you're complaining about it on the Ukrainian Fabergé egg groupchat

yeah, maybe they could be supported even less than current sororitas!

What do you mean you don't want twenty year old metal minis as your basic troops, with the absolute newest being a few special weapons that are a mere eleven years old?

If these sculpts were 'real' girls, half this board would be hitting on them. the other half would say they're too old.