Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1472: The Heart Does Go On Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA
pastebin.com/RRRjD8q2
youtube.com/watch?v=NOyBGo4vjBg
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qk_9WL58ESLIVyr2hUtGyfJlwIznOhc9QlooVLZZEJs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rolled 85 (1d816)

This thread's special topic jump is...

BOKTAI!!!!!!!!

Whats there to do in this Boktai?

TAIYOOOH!

Oh boy, where do we start...

Cut yourself till you get infinite power. Apparently it is super easy to do in any norse setting.

So Guilliman has now married an Eldar Princess, is making a new generation of Space Marines, and has another Primarch waking up in a stasis tank.

Liked the gun that ignores defenses and its one of the few jumps that has a perk that protects you from butterflying away the plot

Well, humanity's on the edge due to space vampires as far as I'm aware, so you have a few routes

>Kill space undead
>Rebuild mankind and forge it up to something strong
>Join the space undead and feast on mankind
>Learn how da fuck the sunblood and moonblood things happen
>Grow sunplants and the like
>take out a loan and then go jogging

Boktai isn't Norse. Leave your shit in the previous thread, you salty idiot.

Is anyone making a monster hunter ride on jump?

No jumps are allowed to be made in the same settings as existent jumps, fuck off you filthy, filthy shitposter.

You better post a source on that user

202. Boktai
Origin: Earthly Keeper, Age: 22
Perks: Keep the Sun, Always In Your Heart, Gentle Hands, Green Thumb Yellow Sun, A New Day, Our Sun, Glowing Healer Jumper, Lunar Blood
Items: Infinite Supply of Sunflower Seeds, Gardening Tools
May The Sun Be With You
Drawbacks: The Restless Dead

I'm a farmer, mostly. Also, a general and someone who has had Hamon for nearly 1800 years. Taking back the earth and cleansing it of undead corruption is a great way to spend any jump, especially if you can plant trees when doing it.

Also, one of only two jumps with infinite sunflower seeds.

Nah boktai is vampires and undead, you need to hit up both ttgl and supernaatural or norse myth to become all powerful via cutting yourself.

I have been saying since the start that the Imperium and Eldar were just tsundere and were going to unite at some point. It was absolutely obvious.

Monster hunter ride is a anime based on monhun user. Its about a village and villagers that bonds with a monstee, thats a monster baby. There are monster riders for all sorts. They try not to harm monsters.

Is the other Gaim?

Maybe Marvel because they had that thing with Thor repeating what Odin did and becoming pretty powerful from it.

I thought marvel used magical science radiation from odins bed?

youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA

You could be like Mani and hope you can reconcile living and undead through love but then get stabbed in the back by your bitch of a sister.

Any one remember that D&D webcomic someone wanted a jump for, the one with the gender bend ability? The ability has been statted.

>No jumps are allowed to be made in the same settings as existent jumps, fuck off you filthy, filthy shitposter.
How many exalted jumps are there, again? Warhammer? Dragon Ball? Fate? Fire Emblem?

This jump has enormous amounts of stuff.

>By the book
Shit, I remember reading that at one point. The story wasn't interesting, but the cheesecake was top-tier.

Good memories. Good memories.

I mean making the jump back when I was still inexperienced was absolute hell and trained me to hate subsections. But I adore the canon and was always sad it never got a proper continuation.

I kinda want to give it a touch-up in the near future. No big revamps like HLP or whatnot, just cleaning up some oddities. And the typos. Oh god, the typos.

K-ON!
> Age: 14
> Location: Private Sakuragaoka Girls Middle School
> Origin: Junior
> Black Hole [-100CP]
> Jumper Nyan [Get a Freebie!]
> Cute Girls Doing Cute Things [-300CP]
> Giita [Get a Freebie!]
> Cat Ears [-100CP]
> Holiday Tickets [-100CP]
> Upper Upper Class Lady [-600CP]
> Legal Sibling [+200CP]

... y'know. I had the weirdest thought yesterday. And it went like, "I wonder how Black Hole interacts with 401k from Highschool of the Dead?"
401k being a perk that allows you to store up calories, nutrients, water, sleep, anything like that, for use at a later date as needed. It's a very useful perk. I basically use it as a stand-in for Food Immersion from Toriko, personally. Because I took Food Pressure instead.
And I thought, "Wow, I bet you could just eat a ton of fat and then just apply it wherever you wanted, anytime you want."
That sounds like something you could have a lot of fun with.

ANYWAY.
I feel like the theme of this anime is cute girls playing music. I don't really like playing music. I love LISTENING to music, all the time, forever, but I'm not really into the creation aspect.
So instead I'll just be rich as holy fuckballs and go on extravagant vacations every month while eating gourmet foods and playing all the video games.
And taking care of my naive older brother, apparently! He's cute, I like him. Even if he's utterly hopeless. I will baby the shit out of him and he will be exasperated.

Also, a really powerful cute perk! That's very important.

>Boktai - 636
Drawbacks: THE TREADMILL (+0), IT’S HOT! (+100), More Walking (+100), The Restless Dead (+300)
Final Point Count: 1,700 CP - see items
Background: Solar Smith

Perks & Abilities:
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free)
-Back to Basics (Free)
-The Finer Things (Free)
-The Sum of the Sun
-Light Side of the Moon
-Twice As Bright
-Lunar Blood

Equipment & Companions: (+400 Item-Specific CP)
-Smith’s Hammer (Free)
-A Forge (Free)
-Coffin (Free)
-Dark Loans Advance Card: Jumper Edition! (+200 CP)
-You, Me, and My Friends (400)
-Arsenal - Old Friends (The Promethium Driver)

Arsenal: The Promethium Driver
-Lenses:
--Sol (Free)
--Flame
--Earth
-Batteries:
--Single (Free)
--Hollow
-Frames:
--Shot - Fighter (Free)
--Sol De Vice

MY THIGHS

ARE MADE

OF PAAAIIIIIIN

Companion builds and plot synopsis in next post.

Drawbacks: Early, Game Piece, It is no less of a friend than you and it has stood by my side even longer than you have, Spite, Theory Herd, Forgotten Promise, Aggression, Afterwards, Jumper was torn to pieces and eaten by the demons, and went to hell, Lumbago (1300)

No One

The Golden Witch (1200)
Fake Psychic (1150)
Good (1100)
The Great Detective Knows Best (900)
Why Are Closed Room Murders So Beautiful? (500)
The Witch's Letter (400)
Modded Speedboat (200)
Maria Ushiromiya (100)
Ange Ushiromiya (0)

"This story's true"

"Once upon a time, there was a young man whose body traveled the south of China, and whose mind dwelled among fantasies. Good or bad, the real world was always meaningless and boring. His successes tasted like ash, and his failures were lost with the seasons. In time, he became disillusioned with disillusionment itself"

"One day, he accepted an offer. He stepped beyond the shores we know, never looking back. There was a hollowness in his heart that drove him beyond the limits of destiny, until it consumed him. And that was the end of the young man, whose name was-"

I stop writing.

What a terrible story.

It's inconsistent and melodramatic. There's too many characters, for one. Bad things happen randomly, good things break up the tone at the worst moment, some things are impossible even though they shouldn't be. It's supposed to be a tragic horror story, but everyone I showed it to keeps asking me about the main character's powerlevel or what girls he's dating. And worst of all, it just goes on and on. I suppose that must mean I'm not a very good writer, but then I really only wrote it to kill time.

Wouldn't it be better to write about anyone else other than this obnoxious caricature?

(Cont'd)

So it is!

Since the sun trees generate smaller amounts of sunlight, would making a sun gun out of one with plant technology let the guns recharge like the Mass Effect weapons in the first game?

Literally the best setting for getting Sun Power.

>Get the capstone Sol Child perk as well as the capstone booster.

>Go to Alan Wake.

>Laugh as all of the Dark Presence's minions are literally disintegrated in your presence.

The little girl I met on the ferry disagrees. She says it's a wonderful story because what was left of him used his magic to change so many lives for the better. She does, however, say he's terrible for believing magic only exists to cause suffering. The other girl I know you seems somewhat downcast when I tell her about how the Black Pharoah that is his enemy deceives with truth, but she wants me to finish the story too. Both of them kept asking me if I am secretly a sorcerer disguised as a detective disguised as a drunk bum.

Well, yes I am kids, I tell them. Magic is real as you imagine. But magic doesn't live here-it lives in the land one ten-thousanth outside your field of vision, the one behind every page. So I can cast no magic for you, not today. Sure as bears don't shit in the sea; that got a laugh.

I straighten my red tie and smooth out the lapels on my purple suit as I sit back. I've been sticking with my precociously underage fanbase-and Maria's bro Battler.

Bit of a lech and a hothead, and I drank him under the table. But he means well, which is more than I can say for most of these shitheads. He also definitely doesn't believe in magic, and thinks I'd do better writing trashy romances for middleaged moms than fantasy. Thought I was some sort of long-lost cousin, and looked surprised when I wasn't.

The old fart thinks I'm some kind of sorcerer. A supreme one, even. I ramble about the red string of fate and the Collective Unconsciousness, and he eats it up like gravy. Drinks are on him; one drinks proves too little, and two are not enough.

A chill runs down my spine. I just realised the man's dead that really, really shouldn't have just happened. And when I turned around-he's /gone/

(Cont'd)

...I await citations for that first bit of calumny

>wherever

And now I'm thinking of a Jumper liver pate for some reason.

Oh hey, I just noticed the Jump List on the Drive has Gone listed twice. I don't think there are two jumps called Gone, but I may be wrong.

>Garlock going to Umineko

Oh, boy.

>Since the sun trees generate smaller amounts of sunlight, would making a sun gun out of one with plant technology let the guns recharge like the Mass Effect weapons in the first game?

That'd probably work just fine, yeah. Was curious, have you been following my newer writechain? I haven't been able to catch you lately due to thread shenanigans so I was curious whatcha thought.

I practically run back to find a friendly face, looking over my shoulder to mark the terrain as I go. Battler's talking about how this mansion's like something out of a mystery novel. "Check it out" he's saying "that painting's like something the killer would hide his murder weapon behind! Hey, where are we going?" he demands as I realise something else, and haul him out of the room. No, I don't swing that way either, I assure him as he yells he's not gay. I just-I heard a hissing noise from the boiler room, and here again. I grab him by the neck, and-

I think there's been a gas leak.

"What?! Then we have to tell someone!"

Landlines are down, I checked. No, I cut- Look, just-get everyone back to the guest room. And then grab the kids and get to the docks; one of them's sick, an

"Wait, where are you going?"

Radio! Shack! I yell over my shoulder. As I run, I fervently wonder if half a dozen targets in the same room are really more appealing than one moving target. Do I hear gunshots, or thunder behind me? I hear both. Now that they'll all be in one room, I can-

Of course it's a damn dark stormy night, it's a bloody mystery novel. The chapel shines like a lighthouse as I sprint through the doorway as fast as I can. I almost slap the letters. I gouge, and turn-and gouge again. The stone lions turn, and I make another dead sprint as the golden land is revealed.

I move into the other room, and draw on all the military training I've ever undergone. There's a knife in the depot. A smashed gun's barrel makes an adequate lever.

(Cont'd)

Don't think so, no. Are they both white PDFs? Because if they are that's definitely the same jump.

Sadly, it seems the same odd hours I've been keeping have prevented me from doing that. Only just fully recovered from jet lag, and pretty sure I narrowly missed the flu. What's new at the moment?

pastebin.com/RRRjD8q2 I put the whole collection in a bin for ease-of-reading. Last jump was Symphogear, and exploring the consequences of recurring antagonists who are starting to adopt common Jumper tactics.

On a related note, what's the character amount when pastebin starts shitting the bed? I need to know when a good time to split this is.

I snip the wrong wire and laugh as the fire consumes me- snip the right wire. The tools drop from my clammy hands. This is all going better than I expected. Too well. Heading back to the other room it slowly sinks in that this is where my plans more or less ended.

When I step foot into the golden land, the Golden Witch is right behind me. I can't tell if she's holding a gun or a wand at this angle.

I tell myself it shouldn't matter. So why do I feel like something's going wrong? Why isn't she saying anything?

I clear my throat. Am I addressing Lady Ushiromiya, or just a stray bit of furniture?

"That voice. I had my doubts, but-it can't be. You're him. This can't be happening. Not here. You shouldn't be here, I, I saw you-"

And yet, I am.

Sayo-or, is it Beatrice, now? We both know I've solved your riddle. Before I end this, a question.

I throw up my hands. I'm nobody. I'm a two-bit conman and freelance private dick lies/spoiler] who shouldn't even be in this story. I know I hurt you at some point, but I swear on my life: I know not how I could, when Battler was your-well, the reason any of this is happening, isn't he? Please, just tellme straight up. What am I to you?

"...is Maria safe? What have you done with her?"

What? She's fine, what do you mean by that?

"Are the others still alive?"

Of course they are!

Silence. She should be gloating or posturing, not acting like she's seen a ghost.

What's going on?

Seras Victoria:
-Background: Immortal
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free), From Darkness (Free), The Better Part of Valor (Free), I Am Jumper The Unliving (Free), Of Darkness, Groundsoaked Blood
-Breaker of Bones, Vampire, Dark Side of the Moon (Dark), The Reaper’s Fingers, Lord of Dread

Y’Shtola Jensen:
-Background: Earthly Maiden
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); Keep the Sun (Free); Always In Your Heart (Free); Our Sun; Gentle Hands
-Basic Gardening Tools (Free); Heal Fruit

Nali R. Espeon:
-Background: Earthly Maiden
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); Keep the Sun (Free); Always In Your Heart (Free); Try Me Next, Filth!; A New Day; Lighting the Way

Covert Demonic Dragon, Kasumi Rogue:
-Background: Immortal
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free), From Darkness (Free), The Better Part of Valor (Free), I Am Jumper The Unliving (Free), Snuff The Light; Primal hatred
-Dark Forces (Free); Darkness Tree; A Blood Moon Rises; Among The Sheep; Stop Hitting Yourself

Killer B:
-Background: Solar Child
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); TAIYOOOH! (Free); Put Your Back Into It! (Free); Sol Trance; Lighting The Way
-Arsenal - Old Friends (Nemesis Whip): Lenses - Sol (Free), Cloud; Battery - Hollow; Frame - Guardian, Sol De Vice

Alice Victoria:
-Background: Solar Child
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); TAIYOOOH! (Free); Put Your Back Into It! (Free); The Sun Will Rise Tomorrow!; Surprise, Sunshine!
-Arsenal - Old Friends (Keyblade): Lenses - Sol (Free), Ice, Earth; Battery - Single (Free), Quint; Frame - Fighter (Free), Fencer

Zwingly:
-Background: Solar Smith
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); Back to Basics (Free); The Finer Things (Free); Twice As Bright
-Coffin (Free); A Forge (Free); Smith’s Hammer (Free); Mysterious Blueprints

Yzzabelle Victoria:
-Background: Drop-In
-Mysterious Wanderer Jumper (Free); Hey, Knock That Off! (Free); The Mysterious Jumper (Free); TAIYOOOH!; Look Me In The Eye!; I’m Full Of Surprises; Without A Name

>superman
>not batman

Protip: Only ONE can sing the blues

Also-not too sure myself. Something like 10 screens' worth of dense text?

In any case I strongly advise moving to OneNote or something before it's too late. In my experience by the time you want to move, it's too hard to.

"I hated you so much when you left me. Sometimes, it seemed like you were two people. There was the Battler who walked away from me when I needed him most, because he was cruel. And there was the Battler I dreamed about at night, who would come back. The dark sorcerer that told me he would come when I called. But, that was only make believe...was it it? Wasn't it?"

And now he's with the others in the guest room. If you have business with him, I'd advocate the direct approach because he genuinely does not know what's going on either.

And then, she says. "Is he?"

Trembling hands turn me around to face the mirror. My breath stops in my throat. I touch my face. I run my hands through my red hair

No.

No.

"It You was were just a theory. That was all it you was were supposed to be. Just a bedtime story nobody ever heard"

I run, and only stop when-

The hollowness that had escaped the prison of one young man's body, howled because he was trapped in another's. The golden witch fell asleep shedding a tear, the mystery collapsed and today became tomorrow

The end

What are some good early jumps to pick up decent regeneration?

Exquisite tale, worthy of being in a bottle.

And now, at the bottom of Yomotsu Hirasaka, you go to hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOyBGo4vjBg

Tweet indeed. I can't wait to see how the Meta world turns out. Especially regarding Bern and Lambda.

But yeah I've got each build saved onto OneNote, I'm just using pastebin for when I'm showing it to others. I could try moving to gdocs for that purpose?

>Garlock was Battler the Sorcerer all along
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Superman the Animated Series and X-men

What is the best Mecha jump at the moment anyway?

So Yzzabelle and Alice immediately run off to assist Django in his adventure. Well, I know those two can take care of themselves easily.

Kasumi Rogue goes to task immediately, beginning his hunt and assassination of Ratatoskr. Meanwhile, my wife, sensei, and sister help guard the remnants of human civilization along with what Arcian forces I can spare from the - at this point still - Vagrant Fleet.

I'd... have more of a plot here but, having bad luck trying to find decent LPs, I honestly don't know HOW the plot goes.

Do the buildposts actually help with the early-thread jump discussion or... should I just stop, honestly?

They help when I can understand what's going on, but I'm just as lost as you on this one.

Real Robot or Super Robot? It's an important distinction.

If I had to pick, Super Robot then.

Gurren Laggan has some pretty sweet mecha

Some of you may recall I posted a Undocumented Features jump a while back and based on feedback it needed substantial revisions.

Thank you to those who gave me feedback.
Here's a link to v0.2, please take a look and let me know what you think.
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qk_9WL58ESLIVyr2hUtGyfJlwIznOhc9QlooVLZZEJs/edit?usp=sharing

It all just...kind of clicked for me when I saw the black perk and item in the other jump. And found out what the Catbox actually is, probably. And apparently that it or the people who ran it can slip in and out of the timeline

...oh boy. Those are easily going to be some of the most horrific things I've faced in the chain so far. Nevermind the fact that there's a non-zero chance Featherine is an aspect of the Benefactor. The darkest aspect, IF she were

As many issues as I have with Gdocs, it is an infinitely better choice than Pastebin in the long run. You can search for words, AND it doesn't start choking like Rabbit in 8 Mile.

Anyway, just finished the tales. It's...almost nostalgic. I feel like you improved a lot from the first entry later on, when you tended to say more than show. Reminds me of when I was starting out writeups too. I can't imagine a lot of people would, realistically, actually describe themselves as 'a normal guy" when confronted by a cosmic entity on the spot, or Animated!Batman forcing someone in a tight spot into the Batfamily instead of just helping them stay out of trouble

But, you hit your stride by jump 4. Good on ya. Smile is metal as fuck. But the best chain villain award still goes to-

>I AM FIRE, THE BEES TRANSFORMED

for a second there I thought you wrote by the 2020s he'd gotten clockwork bees.

Oh hey, you're calling yourself user now too? Cool! And don't worry, you've done nothing in the mortal gauntlet to warrant too much Exaltedfu, that all looks plausible.

...what's the Woman of the Beginning?

OR WAS HE

>OR WAS HE
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN

Yeah, on my most munchkin'd chain, I don't think there's anything I could really do against Bernkastel or Lambda, much less Featherine, in a contest of power. The best you can really do without spec'ing for them specifically is to debate them into giving up, or boring them hard enough.

The first part was admittedly a bit rushed and based off of the fact I had done similar prologues a lot already, so I mostly wanted to get to the chase. I definitely think 4 is when I hit my stride. I wanted to explore a lot of common Jumpchain tropes and turn them on their head - the outside context threats, Science Jumper tactics, and the idea of the benefactor being fallible and fiat being far from iron-clad. So far, I'm really happy with the results.

Mostly because calling myself Heavens or picking a made-up name felt weird. Also, glad I handled Exalted pretty well. It was a shout-out to a martial arts scene I really liked.

Woman of the Beginning is a time-displaced Mai (local civilian and love interest) after she got the Golden Fruit. She tried time-traveling to prevent the events of Gaim, but all she did was create a time loop when her warnings came out as cryptic gibberish due to not being able to control it. All it did was give Sagara an indicator of who the main contestants would be at the end.

Her absence was an indicator user had completely changed the timeline with his presence, which made Sagara interested in him.

Spoilers are funny.

>Yeah, on my most munchkin'd chain, I don't think there's anything I could really do against Bernkastel or Lambda, much less Featherine, in a contest of power. The best you can really do without spec'ing for them specifically is to debate them into giving up, or boring them hard enough.

Putting aside perk wanking, what methods could be used to kill them? Push them into becoming a creator? Making them doubt themselves so much using social combat until they fade away?

>40K Age of Sigmar
>Space Wolves get Squatted
>Rowboat gets cured
>NuMarines aka Sigmarines

I hate the new changes into the plot in 40K. Couldn't they have kept the plot stuck on 999.M40?

Do you take Ilya form Kaleid Ilya jump ? I wanted her but couldn't separate her from Miyu and Kuro so whole gang will go with me.

Sisters of Battle are for sure being squatted too.

>And found out what the Catbox actually is, probably.
It's just that, really - myriad of possibilities that occur when knowledge of truth is impossible. Or undesired.

>And apparently that it or the people who ran it can slip in and out of the timeline
A mere abstraction. How important is the timeline, really, when it's but a part of the game board?

Also, don't be too hard on the Black color. Sometimes, miracles have to be cut away, or they start rotting. A good man wields a black blade in the novels, to great and soothing effects.

But seriously, though – the first half of the tale in on Steam for cheap. Go get it!~

Fighting Featherine is like fighting Saitama. If you are fighting them, you are missing the point.

Bern and Lambda... At the level they exist on (Voyager), you can't really kill them as much as you can push them out. Via boredom, Logic Error, game conclusion, conning them into making a bad promise, etc.

Then again, I guess the same methods COULD kind of work on Featherine, if you assume yourself to be a truly outside element.

Yes. I stopped Kuro from being born because she's a whore and turns Illya into a whore too, though.

Banchō is that you?

They're all three cute. I wouldn't want to split them up.

Infamous or Call of Duty infinite warfare.
Embrace the jelly vision.

No. I didn't kill Kuro. I didn't torture her. This is what Bancho does. I simply intervened in the plot at the point where Kuro would be created and prevented it.

>Space Wolves get squatted

Yiff in hell furfags and wolfaboos.

Make sure to get the art patch if you get it on steam.
The pachinko/steam art is literally garbage compared to even the cheezy old art.

Their is a problem that llya has a family and loved ones in this continuity and she would not be that willing to go on a multidimensional cruise. The others would likely stay with her.

Unless you fanwank that you can replace Shirou of course.

Eh? The screenshots seemed nice enough...

"Checks it out"

Wow. Fans are still patching as of a month ago. Such dedication.

That is my problem. How convince them to go on adventure with me? I take grail origin and i thought about being Ilya older brother and that she is not in love with Shirou but with me.

the point of all the magic bullshit in Umineko is to distract the reader. You shouldn't always count it out, after all, without love it cannot be seen, but at the same time the author never wrote it with powerlevels in mind. Trying to apply logic to the magic is pointless for that reason.

Featherine was never written to be mortal or to be killable for that reason. She's got a whole lot of meta fuckery. To kill her is like trying to kill the chain of events that are happening to you right now that make up your own story. Except unlike in Exalted it's literally the narrative and not fate ninjas making it happen.

Yeah, these two have it right. Biggatons are completely meaningless in the meta-world. Even if you have something like Always An Ending or ways to make the impossible possible, actually confronting and killing a Voyager or a Creator is like an ant picking a fight with the sun. You're not supposed to beat them in a physical contest - you're confronting forces that are determining narrative and events and representing the 'meta' of the story. And they have a vested interest in tearing this particular story down.

I repeat, biggatons are meaningless here. If I could highlight that in red, I would. The best way to 'defeat' Bern and Lambda is to win by the rules of the game or get Lambda on your side, however briefly, like in canon, then you have her as an ally until Featherine steps in or find a way to make the contest null and void.

This isn't so much they're invincible as it is that confronting them via brute force is genuinely not an option.

>Hey guys, do you think if I try to exploit their weakness using social com-
>YOU CANNOT USE BRUTE FORCE TO KILL THEM! IT SIMPLY WON'T WORK user!

I feel like you completely ignored what I posted just to wank on Umineko's witches.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1Qk_9WL58ESLIVyr2hUtGyfJlwIznOhc9QlooVLZZEJs/edit?usp=sharing

Are the Kryptonians/Martians/Tamaranians supposed to be their comic equivalents or different to them?

What does a Daodan look like?

Anyway, the perks/items/scenarios/drawbacks look pretty solid, nice work! I'm more confused than anything at the premise. That bit about Yggdrasil being part of the multiverse reminded me of another fanfiction writing premise for a second...

I hear ya. Now that you mention it-a minor combo I noticed I had the other day (Go Further Beyond-DBM, Cthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast+Elders of the Pact-Lunars, Page of Void-Sburb, Mu/Border of Impossibility/The Artful Temple-Infernals, Synchronicity Wave Riding-DC Occult, Unassailable Tower of the Adamant Soul-Exalted: Mortal Hero Gauntlet) would be needed just to guarantee some degree of security from game rule exploitation. I wonder what effect speaking Red or Blue Truths through the Correspondence would have?

Don't suppose you got a video of the martial arts scene? Sounds like my kind of movie

I had secretly hoped the Marvel magic jump would come out before Umineko was more or less finalised; there were one or two things there that would've helped A LOT.

Nah. It's a cruel multiverse out there, and the path I walk leads straight through the valley of death. Or worse. I owe her better after what JUMPER did during the Fuyuki City grail war.

She's more than earned one good end out of all the doomed ones.

I can't wait until Draigo jumps a literal psychic shark out of the Warp.

Fanboys are prone to that.

Two things jumped out at me. One, is Drop-In not allowed to pick a species? Because that's hella lame. Two, you might want to make sure headers appear in new pages. Just an aesthetic suggestion.

You'll probably get responses from more people (and hopefully someones who can meaningfully opine on balance) if you put it into a pdf.

I... Did describe possible methods and ways of affecting them. Please don't be like that.

It should be easy if you're really charismatic. You just have to get Shirou out of the picture.

You're expecting any better?

I imagine the reasoning was if you're dropping in, you wouldn't have wanted to change species anyway. Not arguing either way, just speculating.

Seconded on the headers, though.

The species are based on their comic equivalents, slightly adjusted to fit into the universe.
Daodan is internal and not visible unless active, at which point your hair glows and grows.
Thanks for the feedback

Alright, I just jumped Anima: Beyond Fantasy as a Warrior, and am trying to decide whether it'd be more appropriate to next jump another High Fantasy setting or a Wuxia/Xianxia/Martial Arts setting. Thoughts?

You literally asked how to kill the witches. Don't try to backpedal on this. You're not supposed to kill them.

I'm VERY unfamiliar with Anima, but from what I can tell it's slightly more High Fantasy than Wuxia.

I would say any Final Fantasy from 6 onwards would be fairly appropriately, at least.

>Daily reminder that the daughters are actually nude and the black stuff is just body paint

It's more in theme for the setting where people really do arrive out of nowhere sometimes. Logically their species should be changed by arriving as such.

As far as I can tell, all the headers (except the one for the notes at the bottom) are at the top of a new page. If that's not what you mean then I'm sorry, I don't follow, please could you clarify.

The final version will be a pdf but I left it as a gdoc for commenting and editing.

We know, dangit. Also less body paint and more crispy fried skin, grease and grime. Body paint tends to wash off.

/co/ won't let anyone forget for the next decade at least

After Anima, you might as well jump Exalted. It actually kind of fits.

Either works. Anima is the kind of jump that flows well into both.
If you go high fantasy you can get your muscle wizard on, but if you go wuxia you can activate you can go full Dragonball.
Actually Dragonball would be a nice follow up.

No need to shit on anyone anymore than what is strictly needed.

Well, you still started with the whole 'if you're fighting them, you are missing the point'. But yeah, what I would be trying to do would be cornering them into a point when they can destroy themselves. Probably won't be permanent, seeing their nature.

>Jumpers
>Not killing anything that might try to restrict their freedom

I didn't jump 700 jumps just to get told that I cannot do something.

The pdf thing it's because it's easier to locate in a image board. You can put a pdf in a post and the link of the doc in the same post.

I...was agreeing with you? Social combat is the way to go, user. I was talking about brute force in terms of punching.
Not sure. I don't have a video clip, sadly.

Oh you're one of those assholes.

Yeah, screw this.

Would perk She’s Not A Lesbian from Dogeball he enough ?

Overlord (The Series) is pretty high-fantasy and comes with a Martial Arts perk. If it's not high powered enough for you, go and pick the Rival Guild and Wrath of Nazarick drawbacks.

Now you have two super-powers with hundreds of country destroying monsters wanting to hunt you down.

Oh, just metaphorically stab them with red truth telling them they only exist on a meta level then as fictional characters. That can probably be stated in red truth.

Honestly, my first thought on the reveal wasn't, "ooh, sexy", but rather that whatever junk they had on must have been REALLY tough to stay on them. It didn't wash off even when they were in water, and only finally did when last girl started persistently scrubbing.

Oh, you're one of those shitposters.

Yeah,, this was screwed from the beginning.

I actually just want to kill Lamba so she doesn't get in my way when I try to companion Bernkastel

High-level Anima warriors tend to be pretty esoteric with fancy Ki techniques and mystical martial arts.

Things like punching a city - or summoning a dragon, and using it as a club to hit another dragon while running on clouds.

Fate Illya was interested in Shirou, and this series is theoretically just a diversion from the mainline, so she SHOULD be bisexual already. Nothing wrong with taking it just to be sure.

I don't think that the Red Truth can be used offensively like that. You need to actually corner someone with Blue Truth before stabbing them with the red.

That should be good for them to want to have relationship with you. I would have a few more charisma perks & also maybe kill Shirou or prevent him from interacting with Illya before you get to her.