What's the best system to play a game based on pic related?

What's the best system to play a game based on pic related?

Risus.

Violence RPG

Holy shit. Has anyone tried this?

This is badass! I'm gonna play this.

Depends.
If you want the frenetic speed of the actual gameplay: If you want a traditional RPG pace to savour the ambiance: All Flesh Must Be Eaten (but don't include zombies) and a ZM who is understanding about "creating advantages" with rolls prior to making normal attacks.

Unknown armies

Why is it upside down

Because retardation

Turn your monitor over the right way, genius

>two sessions later

Probably so you can fold it up into a booklet.

I've never even seen the rules for Call of Cthulu, but how well could it work? As the PCs kill more and more they slowly go insane. They get visions of the masked men giving them advice on the challenges to come. They can also fight hallucinogenic enemies where the world isn't quite right and gravity doesn't really apply.

Iron Claw-Urbon jungle

Oh that was a mask, D20 modern then

Have you not played Hotline Miami? BUY IT!!! It is high octane neon action.

never head of it - I was basing things base on the artwork

Basically you're a guy who gets strange phone calls telling him to murder russians, you go there, then kill them all. You die in 1 hit mostly and so does the enemy.

Identities as normal.
Everyone gets a supernatural identity (not adept or avatar) which is their freaky mask power.
Everyone gets a weapon.
How'd you handle sanity? As normal (gonna be a lot of freak outs at the start, but they'll quickly become scociopaths, if that's what you want) or just ignore them?

If you like crunch, should work fine. Might need attention on how you build characters, and you'll need a fucking pile of them to make up for attrition quickly. Handguns kill dudes.

Steam. It's a highly linear, realtime, twitch reaction game, with a story that centers on one character at a time and lacks any decision making.

Criminal underworld with high lethality? Gumshoe, fiasco, GURPS
Actually, running it in dread could be a lot of fun.

I would say that sociopathy is pretty much requirement to join the masks.

In Hotline Miami, one of the people who wears the mask does it because if he doesn't his mom will be killed by the phone guys. Not all are psychos.

They're run by 50 Blessings, a nationalist organization opposed to the Russo-American Coalition.

So there are certainly political and social reasons to join up.

To join the mask yes you need to be a bloodthirsty cunt. But there is an implication that 50 Blessings would call anyone with the skill to kill and threaten them to go to work.

For printing, bruh.

seems like a bad idea
I don’t think that the game’s story or gameplay would translate well to tabletop

this seems really cool

thanks for this, i'll run this with friends sometime

does anyone have any maps i could use for a hotline miami styled game?

bump

Advanced Squad Leader

Wouldn't that just be a map of Miami?

If you're just going for the plot and not the frenetic speed of the thing, base Unknown Armies could work. It's lethal and the madness system is great.

I guess he means room distributions.

Screenshot HLM maps?

I feel like there wouldn't be enough cover in HLM maps for that to work.

This is too cool.
It makes me wish I had people to play in person with.

Almost non of the guys who do the killing are sociopaths or psychopatchs.
Jacket is thretened (allthough it is not clear how so)
They tell rat that his mom will be killed and they torch his car
The pig is not part of the masks
The only guy who wants in is snake guy, and he dose it because he is brainwashed by nationalistic bullshit

the whole idea of a HLM game is to not have any or next to no cover. You get in, kill, get out or die trying

Nobody asked for semantics, faggot. It doesn't make you look clever, it makes you seem like an asshole.

Theres a Map Editor in the Second Game. You could make just about anything you want with that, then screenshot it and patch it together. Could even use it to print out markers for all the various hostiles and weapons, but it's getting a nit boardgame-y at that point

>The real HLM maps wouldn't make good HLM maps.

I'm not playing semantics, I'm explaining why Hotline Miami is unlikely to translate to tabletop well. Single player games don't make good RPGs. Realtime skill based combat don't work well in turn based dice systems. If the only part of Hotline Miami he wants copy is the tone, not the feel of the game, then the second half was non-sarcastic advice,

yeah i completely forgot about the map editor, thanks.

Biker just wanted to kill people for the thrill of it but didn't like having someone bossing over him.
Jacket was a traumatized war vet who hated russians with passion. He might have been threatened but that might have been just an excuse to kill russian mobsters.

Everyone is John

This system sounds like it could be some fun!