Getting audited

>getting audited

Okay what do I do now

What country?

Cooperate my man, tell them you found that money on a long-distance trip to the goddamn moon.

Nah but seriously so long as you haven't done anything illegal you should be fine. If you did, seek legal advice, not from total degenerates on Veeky Forums

marry a nigger wife and go to Belize.
dont listen to this retard

America

what documents do I need. I sent them everything for the return, do I need to get my bank to print out all my transactions ever?

don't do crypto, just spend all my money on fast food and steam games and WoW subscription while living at home

How did you get an audit? How much do they say you owe?

I cant do that, im a NEET with a part time job

nice larp

my job can make tips if you work front counter

i dont work front counter and when I do I dont make many tips

but my work sent a thing to the IRS estimating what tips I made and there's a $6k discrepancy from what I reported and what my job thinks we make

Yeah what triggered it? It's too early to be doing taxes.

Im not larping, I need help :(

Wtf!
You are fucked, if they did that. Your employer fucked you, so report them.

>my job can make tips if you work front counter
Oh my fucking god the shit going down in this country and the fucking IRS goes after some fucking part timers tip jar.
Good fucking god what a joke.

Pay the lawful 50% tax like a good goy.

God bless America.

This is from last years taxes

no, we are supposed to report out own tips, the job just sends numbers based on a survey they did four years ago

he is larping dumbass

Get fucked burgers

>he is larping dumbass
Fuck off nigger, go back to /ptg/ and suck fed dick you communist faggot.

not a larp fuck off please im freaking out

America is not a country

RUNNNNN!!!!! AHHHHHHHH FUCK YOU UNCLE SAM!!!!

Fuck. Sorry dude.

WHAT DO I DO?!

So?

Shouldn't you be asleep? It's like 3-6am depending where in the U.S. you are...

I spent all my money on steam games for my new computer so I cant pay with the interest they say I owe

delete system32. thank me later

I work graveyard so these are my hours

mom left the mail on my desk so I just now opened it

Hah pay your tax faggit

BUT I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG AND HAVE NO MONEY

HAHAH WHAT A FAG, WHO GETS AUDITED OVER 6K LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't stress user, just be honest with them and have your employer sign a letter that you write verifying that you barley work the counter and when you do you don't make tips. Maybe write that you made like 15 dollars in tips and didnt think you needed to report that. Just be honest.

>mfw americans literally live to pay everything they earn

Wow, tips are taxable income in America, WTF lol

Tell it to your cell mate when you're getting punked.

Say it with me...

AND THE LAND OF THE FREE

yeah it's called the price of not living in a shit hole faggot. We keep all our niggers in the ghetto and addicted to crack and strip clubs, unlike the rest of the world which allows them to roam free.

Uhm you ask for a payment plan. Maybe take this time to work out and go outside and stop living such a shitty life so that you can afford 6k to not have your asshole stretched

Write this in the legaladvice subreddit, not on biz

Damn people getting away with hiding millions in crypto and the IRS goes after some poor wagecuck.

>we
No the elite do, not just to nigs but to poorfags in general. You, on the other hand, shitpost on message boards

Bro, calm down. I work in another country's tax administration and maybe I can be of assistance in guiding you through what has happened.

Now, what does the entire letter say?

Seems like your boss cucked you hard, putting 6k in his own pocket and reporting the difference to the IRS on your cost, good luck to you user, hope everything will be fine

>If you didn't report all your tips, you should file Form(s) 1040X, Amend US Invdividual Tax Income Tax Return(s), include Form(s) 4137, and send the return(s) to the contact name and address listed above within 30 days from the date of this letter.

>This letter is not notification of a formal examination, but a request that you review the amount of tips you reported to your employer(s) and on your tax return(s) for accuracy and take the appropriate action.

this is the third time they've sent it

>don't do crypto
why are you even here?

laughing at those who do and making new pink wojacks

Ok - we have something similar, where material differences between stated income and industry averages can trigger reviews/audits.

First of all - stay calm, user. I know it can be difficult, but so long as your shit is in order - and you show compliance - I believe you will be okay.

Now, if you didn't receive any tip income that amendment form *might* not be required. What is that form 4137 for though? Also, are you actually able to contact someone from the IRS to talk about this case (I say case not as in an audit case).

Do you get group certificates at the end of each tax year depicting your income as well? On an unrelated note, you may want to ask your employer for a letter stating that, due to your role, you don't receive much tips (or any at all, if that is the case).

Also, in response to your earlier post at - if it escalates to audit, they might request bank statements (I'm not certain how they'd deal with it if they reach that stage, though).

Just keep your cool, user. Sure, you've received a notice - but if you've been compliant/can explain the discrepancy, you should be okay.

Definitely get into contact with them via phone though, if possible - best to get these things sorted and recorded on file in case it arises again.

I hope that helps somewhat. Keep calm - even though they say its a 6k discrepency, stating to them your situation will go a long length in solving this situation, I believe.

>lso, are you actually able to contact someone from the IRS to talk about this case

I've called them everyday for the last 14 days with the number provided on the document and they haven't answered nor called back (*leave voice mail with number every time)

Persist with this everyday, or at least as often as possible. Given that the other avenues aren't as suitable (given that they're requesting you to declare tips you received - if any), you may just have to wait on it.

Whilst you were writing your response, I had a brief look at form 4137. I noticed that it said this on page 2:

>Penalty for not reporting tips. If you didn’t report tips to your employer as required, you may be charged a penalty equal to 50% of the social security, Medicare, and Additional Medicare Taxes due on those tips. You can avoid this penalty if you can show (in a statement attached to your return) that your failure to report tips to your employer was due to reasonable cause and not due to willful neglect.

This might be the avenue you are looking for. If you can get a written statement from your employer telling them that either you didn't earn tips/earned below the average (whatever it was, depending on what actually happened) you may not be liable for that 50% penalty. Your own written statement explaining your situation should also be included here, at the very least.

How many tips would you say you make monthly? The form states that, if you earn less than $20/month, you don't need to declare them.

this is why theres alot of restuarants and service based industryies that total all the tips and evenly disperse them amongst servers or the whole staff. so tips can eaily be reported and recorded by the buisiness.
Having the business owners just guess at tips is a completle fucking joke.
You need to tell your bosses about this.

>but my work sent a thing to the IRS estimating what tips I made and there's a $6k discrepancy from what I reported and what my job thinks we make

Yeah this is absolutely bullshit of them. My apologies; it's late and I didn't read that correctly. Get onto them about it.

Idiot you pink wojack'd yourself without even making any gains at all by wagecucking for a cunt that uses you as a tax break.

Are you really in a position to laugh at anybody?

I made 2,000, they think I made 8,000 so there's 6,000 unreported (not exact amounts obv). We're told to keep a log at home, tallying what we make during the month and saving what we made for that month, so I have a log with 12 numbers.

Don't drop the soap

You might want to consider providing them with a copy of that log, and any receipts/docos provided in tallying those numbers (if possible).

Sorry I can't be of much further help, but it's late and I've got work tomorrow. Just be open and transparent in all your dealings, and if you've been compliant you're gonna be ok. Just remember to make sure that they know about your works situation too!

>burgerland, land of the free

goddamn, i'm glad i'm a eurocuck who barely has to pay any taxes over 100s of thousands of euros in crypto

Jesus Christ man. I'm not so sure anymore if I should leave this third world shithole for a better life in the US.

HODL

PAY DENBTS DEADBEET

America is a 3rd world shithole, retard. Americans seem to think that everybody admires and looks up to burgerland, when this couldn't possibly be further from the truth. Everybody laughs at you fat sacks of shit. Get fucked by your government, dickhead. Btw, we dont even have niggers where I'm from, so keep coping.