I'm the only member of my gaming group who knows how to shuffle cards like in pic related...

I'm the only member of my gaming group who knows how to shuffle cards like in pic related. I am the group's go-to shuffler and when I try to teach them I get excuses. Worse yet, I've noticed that *many* people, far too many who call themselves gamers even, do not know how to do it.

Anyone else surrounded by people who cannot do pic related? It can't be a skill that requires special aptitude can it? What is the deal? Please tell me that most of you can shuffle like this.

I do not know how to do that, no.

Just shut up and shuffle, bitch.

I can but would never shuffle anything other than poker cards like this for fear of bending them.

I wouldn't recommend shuffling like that with trading cards. Playing cards are fine, they are cheep and most of them are plastic/mostly plastic. Something like MTG and doing that will very badly scratch the cards. I guess it would be fine if you have them in sleeves, but shuffling sleeves that way is WAY harder.

Tell me OP, you can do the first step like the pic, but can you do the second, where you bend the cards the other way and get them to fall together into a stack? Or do you just push them all together instead?

I love doing this in front of MTG players with my decks.

I get this too. I can't even do anything fancy but somehow people still seem impressed. It's really not hard to get as ok at it as I am.

I really like to do it with magic cards to trigger guys like

Not OP, but I can do the whole thing. I'm the designated shuffler among my friends, and shuffle all sorts of cards from board games and the like this way.
I learnt for cards tricks, and nobody else gives enough of a shit to even try.

If someone tried to do that to my cards, i'll return the favor. I can't do it though, and usually i destroyed their cards in the process.

I can't do it because I have no fine motor control. That said, it doesn't bother me much, because the only cards I'm likely to handle are ones I wouldn't want to potentially damage.

Less about triggering and more just friendly advice. I had a deck of magic cards sitting at my computer desk that I would shuffle occasionally just to busy my hands. The cards got so white with scratches on both sides, not to mention softer over time. I don't even care about the value of the cards, but they are unplayable without sleeves now because they are too marked.

Pic related is a special skill?
It took me maybe like 10 minutes to get it.

It's not special. Most people just don't care to learn it if they don't get the hang of it right away.

> fine motor control
Can you bend half a deck between two fingers?

Can you bend a deck with one finger from behind?

Can you riffle through the pages of a book?

>I like to shuffle game cards in such a way that damages them and massively increases wear on an expensive product. How come no one else does this?

Here's your (you).

Playing cards yes, TCG cards no (different shape/size, different texture, probably could learn if I seriously took the time) sleeved cards no.

I learned it in 15 minutes, tops. Extremely useful skill to have - always impress people at board games/poker nights.

Only other person I know who can shuffle like that is an amateur magician. I don't get why people don't learn to do it.

You mean a fucking bridge? Easiest shit ever.

So what way do YOU shuffle anyway?

I throw them up in the air then pick them off the floor

There's no reason to shuffle sleeved cards like this anyway. Just slide the two half-decks against one another, the sleeves will do the rest.

Not but sleeved cards are super easy to shuffle like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjLp5wh5y90

There's a little bit more to it to make sure you don't leave the same cards at the front/back of the deck, but it's simple enough to figure out.

I don't do it, mostly because it fucks up your cards
I used to play lots of playing card games in High School, and a deck would really only last a week or two before you would have bent cards
Sure, it's not expensive to get a new deck, but why would I if I can shuffle them the regular way
Also, I can stack the deck easier if I shuffle normally

> unironically treats TCGs like an investment
Tell that to your parents and co-workers and see what reaction you get.

>implying he has coworkers or even a job

I would just tell them that I don't like to mess up my stuff.

OP is a fag, he's never done this with sleeved M:tG cards.

Compelling argument, I'll make sure to call everyone I know everytime I think something to ask if it's okay.

> Implying that OP said anything about M:TG or sleeves
> Implying that sleeved M:TG cards cannot be shuffled this way

You should