Reminder that not all undead are bad. Keep your paladins and clerics in check...

Reminder that not all undead are bad. Keep your paladins and clerics in check, lest they destroy what could be a valuable asset to your party.

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-evil/
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-fiendish-presence/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shut up and give sauce.

Look up [BeNantoka] on Sad Panda, my dude.

CLEAVE AND SMITE
SMITE AND CLEAVE
PURGE THE WICKED AND ABOMINATION

Why is this guy so fucking GOOD.

>be undead paladin
>smite Evil all day
>ping good on pali-bros' radars because deeds>nature
>bitchass cleric can't touch this
>Evil undead hate me even more
420 praise it

>undead paladin

Isn't that like a physical impossibility? Negative energy and lawful good juice not mixing and stuff.

If the undead is good they will accept the mercy that is the peace of the grave.

OP is clearly a skellington and cannot be trusted.

Do not believe its deceptive rattlings.

Positive energy. He just got too much and it burned away everything but his bones.

Might depend on how Pally became undead?

Carry on, then.

There's so many caveats and exceptions to that rule dependent on setting and system.
Revenants, negative energy not being strictly evil (haram, I know), negative energy being Evil but not necessarily making you a mustache twirling asshole, related, "I am not done" paladins, the ever popular Sun Bros of Dark Souls fame, etc.

The important question is, how would YOU do an Undead Paladin?

you missed a huge opportunity to make that last line rhyme

Cursed armor, like the helm of opposite alignment.

>CLEAVE AND SMITE
>SMITE AND CLEAVE
>PURGE THE WICKED AND UNCLEAN
?

>look up the dude
>hey, this looks like pretty good loli--
>sameface sameface sameface
>the material isn't even that good
fuck

An undying oath of duty.

The following is relevant to a campaign i'm writing.

Before one tries to smite or destroy undead, one should check their livery or brands. If they bear the mark of the Undying Lords, they were purchased for use from one of the Charnel Houses. Destroying them would be a great insult, and you don't want to make the Undying Lords your enemy.

The other more common kind of undead encountered is the vagrant dead. They are naught but homeless souls with no place, as the gods are dead or absent, found among the streets of the multitude of astral cities. Relatively harmless, they mostly beg silently on the street, mimicking speech and actions of life. They tend to collect oddities that seem to serve no significance.

Lastly are the wild dead. The undead of the ruins and cursed worlds. These undead emerged from lost and ancient worlds, and are such absent any faculties. They will not hesitate to attack, and so one is quite in their right to smite their kind.

-Treatise on the Necroconomy of the Known Spheres,

I pulled pic related on a paladin in a campaign I ran.
His character died, As he handed over his character sheet I shook my head and said "You have unfinished business"
Paladin stuck out the rest of the fight with standard stats, literally just taking negative damage, collapsed with a smile on his face once the fight was over.

Please tell me this was a plot significant fight and his refusal to die until it was finished lead them to victory.

OR you could tag team with the revenant who ALSO want to kill the asshole you're hunting because it burned his village and killed his wife in front of him, and he couldn't get his revenge because he got #rekt in the confrontation.

It was the final fight, afterwards I described the paladin's body as "shredded, torn, scraps of flesh and bone poking through the rent armor"

However when the battle was over, the paladin simply fell over, reached out for their sword, and the party barbarian brought it to them so they could die with it in hand. Died with a smile on his face.

Healer bitched at me for not letting them heal the paladin after the fight was over.

Healer tried to heal them mid fight too, I told them their healing spells had no effect on the already dead.

>Healer bitched at me for not letting them heal the paladin after the fight was over.
No sense of storycraft.

Ya did gud.

Depends on the setting. Sometimes the undead are innately evil, sometimes they're just automatons made of decomposing organic matter, sometimes they're just people who didn't die right for some reason. Unless you know what kind of setting you're in, making that kind of statement is inane at best, suicidal at worst.

>CLEAVE AND SMITE
>SMITE AND CLEAVE
>IF YOU DONT DEUS VULT
>YOU SHOULD LEAVE!

Hey Veeky Forums, d you think a Revenant and a Paladin bro it up with each other to bring JUSTICE to the world?

10/10, would play with

>CLEAVE AND SMITE
>SMITE AND CLEAVE
>IF IT CAN'T DIE
>I'LL MAKE IT LEAVE

>CRACK AND HOOD
>METH IS GODD
>THE DEAD SHALL RISE
>JUST LIKE MY MORNING WOOD

Paladin's player was pretty bro tier

I like to shit on my players every now and again, but I also like to see good RP and characters play out a story

Nothing more satisfying than seeing a player pull a victory out of the fires of Hell.

Depends on the paladin. For many cases, no, for the same reason Superman and Punisher would probably not get along.

A particularly cynical paladin might work though. In which case I can hear an almost Miguel and Tulio-esque repartee going back and forth, albeit less bard more gruff.

Even if it takes a little bit of DM intervention
But only if they've earned it.

SMITECLEAVE
CLEAVESMITE
Both?
Both.
BOTHBOTH.
Both is good.

>Superman and Punisher
Sounds like the easiest fix is to reign in the Punisher player into Batman territory.
Then they can be BFFs.

Nobody gives a shit about your literally who moefag lolifu, and you should kill yourself

lolifu? This is a paladin thread. Also undead.

Well, as much as batman and superman are, which is still pretty often butting heads, but at least generally civil 70% of the time.

That said, good luck reigning it in. Expecting a revenant to tone down its VENGEANCE! is like expecting a wizard to have a moral compass.

This reminds me of Galuf from Final Famtasy V.

>Famtasy
Fantasy
Fucking typos

Reported on grounds of rules 3 and 6. We're having a nice, on-topic discussion here, please leave.

Step 1: Detect Evil

Step 2: Smite Evil.

Any questions?

As far as typos go, that's a pretty good one.

1 HD undead don't detect.
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-evil/

What do?

Squint.

>final fantasy
Don't ruin the story user

You smite just to be sure. It only works if the target is evil anyway.

But if they only have 1HD then you'd probably kill them even without the Smite damage.
The you fall for killing an innocent 1HD undead.

What if it also pings on Detect Good?

Assume evil shenanigans and smite anyways.

What if limited smites?

Then you use this instead
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-fiendish-presence/

If there's 1HD undead afoot either there's a wizard doing something stupid who just needed free labor and didn't care about the danger to self or others, or there's demon worshiper shenanigans going on. This gives you the answer.

I mean, the sword bit still stabs. It'll kill or nearly kill anything with 1HD.

It's basically Skull Knight from Berserk

That's actually really badass. I like that. +1.

new chp out

I thought skull knight was a demon?