Can we talk about how good this adaptation is? Because it's really fucking good

Can we talk about how good this adaptation is? Because it's really fucking good.

Coincidentally, I can berate your bad taste with thematically fitting smug anime girl.

why do you think this?
do you have any pictures/scans of the cards?
how does the game play?
is there lore flavor on the cards?
how's the art?
are there things in this that aren't in the videogame?

I wish there was a good tabletop system for Bloodborne, it's one of my favorite settings. Even now that everyone's been spoiled on the whole "It was actually Lovecraft the whole time" thing I feel like there's a lot of cool concepts that could be used for campaigns.

And no, please don't suggest Kingdom Death. I know they're superficially similar but I'm not looking for something that was clearly designed with one hand beneath the table. I'm running games with normies involved.

>why do you think this?
Because the game mechanics are unique, easy to understand and fun. There's a strong element of co-op with lots of backstabbing and attempting to predict what your opponent is going to do.

>do you have any pictures/scans of the cards?
None I've personally gathered.

>how does the game play?
The closest thing I can think of in terms of theme / style is Paranoia. You're working together to defeat enemies, but in the end whoever has the most blood echoes wins and there are ways to manipulate the game so that you're the only one that gets the kill, or so tht other people die and lose everything not banked.

>is there lore flavor on the cards?
Not really.

>how's the art?
Pretty shitty, I admit.

>are there things in this that aren't in the videogame?
No, all the weapons and enemies are based off of the video game.

neat.

is it worth the price?

cost?

duration of a single game from un-boxing to re-boxing?

replayability?

>is it worth the price?
It was on sale on Amazon a few days ago for $20. Probably could pick it up for around $25-30 now. I would say so because it's a pretty unique experience.

>duration of a single game from un-boxing to re-boxing?
Each game takes around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on which final boss you pull and how long players take to decide.

>replayability?
Pretty good. Each game you randomly pull a final boss out of five, which has a game-wide modifier. Then you take 7 monsters (out of 18) and 3 minibosses (out of 7) to create the enemy deck. So there's some decent variation every game.

Biggest flaw is that there's not too much variety in upgrade cards and players can kinda settle into one style of play. There's an official expansion coming out later this year which should help out a lot.

>No, all the weapons and enemies are based off of the video game.
base game? or DLC included?

100% awesome
I might go pick it up from my local haunt if I see it.

Base game only.

Sigh.

I forgot to mention but there's also a really well done scripted version in Tabletop Simulator if you have that.

ANOTHER QUESTION.

HOW MANY PLAYERS?

3-5. I would say 5 is a pretty good sweet spot since it means there's more backstabbing but games also tend to go faster depending on the group.

Cool. If only it was available outside of America.

>see thumbnail

Yeah, bloodborne was a great game, I very good adaption of lovecraft's work.

>the card game

Where can I get this? Is it a board-game with cards or a TCG?

I was thinking about running a game in the bloodborne setting since I first saw game footage, but yeah I have the same problem of what system to use.

Also I think the best way to play it would actually be long before the events of the game. Ideally as a student of byrgenwerth shortly after the old blood gets discovered.

It's more of a board-game with cards, no TCG elements.

Sounds pretty sweet, I'll get one from amazon.

>1-4 players

>Can we talk about how good this adaptation is? Because it's really fucking good.
You're kidding, right? It's a thoroughly mediocre light semi-coop heavily luck based card game.

I wouldn't quite argue that it's heavily luck based.

The biggest and only real element of luck that can screw over a player is the damage rolls. There's always a risk that you could die, so you have to choose when and how to mitigate that risk. If you're at 0 unbanked echoes you can generally be reckless.

sounds a lot like cutthroat caverns if you've never played that. Replace blood echos with renown and it sounds almost like the same game.

It is; you're spot on. It's a slightly improved Cutthroat Caverns variant. Which isn't saying much, to be honest; Cutthroat Caverns isn't very good, so being better than it at its own game is like winning the special olympics.

It's a more smartly-designed version of cutthroat caverns. Instead of each monster being a gimmick and upending the entire game, nothing really gets in the way of your attempts to fuck over other players.

Look around 1d4chan, but there is a Bloodborne-sque RPG there. It's Cyberpunk souls, basically, but it'll work for you.

Oh man that's awful
>Screenshot models directly from the game
A big MAYBE if it actually had good art.

When the fuck is this getting released in Australia?

>I'm not looking for something that was clearly designed with one hand beneath the table
I'd probably do more research than the bare minimum (no pun intended) when looking at games, because the cheesecake pinups are NOT indicative of the Kingdom Death base game in the slightest.

Trust me I know, I was being tongue and cheek. The reason I wouldn't want to use it is because I'm running a campaign for several IRL friends who would be very very hard sells on a system where that's your first impression.