Your last character finds a magic ring know as the Lens of the Blood...

Your last character finds a magic ring know as the Lens of the Blood. The magic of the ring amplifies the qualities of your race, turning you first into a paragon of your kind and then granting you extra powers and abilities extending from the existing qualities of your people, even to the point of physical transformations.

What powers does your character gain?

My orc becomes bigger and stronger and greener.

Does this make a Half-Elf more Elfy or Human?

More Halfy

It does the same things as what it does to the elf and what it does to the human, but only half as much.

>CG Human-raised drow elf
>5e

Well, Iliira's already got a 20 Dexterity, so I presume that the next thing that gets boosted is Charisma to 20.

Already knows dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire; presumably the Ring would grant her the spells granted by the Drow High Magic or whatever feat from the recent Unearthed Arcana article, so she gains levitate, detect magic, and dispel magic.

Depending on the potency of the ring it might stretch back to before Liriel Baenre discovered and empowered the Wind Walker artifact, granting her the drow resistance to magic that was once found in the entire race but has been on a steady decline for years (read: editions) now. This would probably take the form of advantage on any saving throw made against a spell or other magic effect, and spell and other magical effect attacks against her have disadvantage.

Likewise would probably return the fact that drow once received a bonus to Intelligence, so that would probably shoot up to 20.

As for physical changes, it could go two ways. The first would be a sort of ephemeral air about her as she becomes more entwined with her natural magic and the innate predilection to darkness that drow have. She's be okay with that as long as she could "switch it off".

The second is that she might start growing spider parts, at which point she gets the ring off of her, throws it one direction, and runs the opposite direction while screaming and crying for her daddy.

There is NOTHING more fun than playing a drow with arachnophobia.

Wouldn't all Bipedal races gain +1-2 Endurance as a racial quality?

>human

+2 skill points every level

5/- resistance to all elements

+1 bonus feat every level

Hyper fertility that allows them to impregnate or be impregnated by anything up to and including inanimate objects

Same conundrum.

Well, my Warforged Psion is probably going to see his psicrystals grow out, giving him more power points, as well as gaining the same bonuses as a member of the Juggernaut PrC (immunity to mind affecting abilities, healing spells, ability drain, nonlethal damage, critical hits, death effects, and necromancy effects).

Being bipedal isn't the only thing that gives humans comparatively good endurance, it's also about leg structure (digitigrade legs have more burst power but less endurance) and that we don't have fur so we can sweat more effectively. A few other things, too.

I guess you could make that argument for most humanlikes, though.

>anything up to and including inanimate objects

tfw you are so human you loop around and become Broo

well my kitsune already has nine tails and the ability to turn into a fox or any human hes ever see. i'd guess major image, hallucinatory terrain, ghost sound, minor image, polymorph self and charm monster get added to my spellikes. increases to dex and cha, further racial buff to bluff diplomacy, and disguise. lives until slain style immortality but become bound to the little clay ball kitsune are said to bear in the legends, powers weakening the longer its not on me until they are all gone and i start taking irreversible con damage, eventually dieing if i can't get it back. a deathly phobia of hounds (high will save or run like hell)

Shit is gonna be complicated. I played a Human Fighter as a sort of wilderness monster hunter, literally raised by a hag. Our DM allowed us to take some traits, not neccerely racial, and I chose Darkvision and Charm Resistance - pretty much making me a half-elf, which I realized much later.
The problem is - elves are a universally hated race in that setting, beaten into hiding in the wilderness by humans. Half-elves are despised and hated as bastards and abberations. We later discussed it with the DM and decided to leave it to be vague. I'm probably human, but with these weird eyes and shiny hair.
Which one will come out, I wonder?

Dorf Monk/Kinitecist gets more earthy rock powers and bigger muscles. Or maybe he just turns into a earth elemental.

>Human Cleric of the Forge Deity
Grows from being a 5-nothing manlet into a more theatrically apt size with muscles to match delusions of strength from hard work when really he's been more of a tinker making guns and magic trinkets more than forging in a literal sense. His wits and understanding of complex systems improve significantly, and his marksmanship with his creations is peerless.

>elf ranger
>Epic-level Dexfag TWF/Archery Gish ft. WIZARD!
In seriousness, effectively becomes infinitely more broken than the dice already will him to be. The guy is a level 10 ranger and solo'd a greater demon, it'd be pretty difficult to make Fingolfin's ghost much prouder.

>Unicorn
>Sorcerer
>Weavetouched (Essentially born on a magical leyline)

Honestly because of just how in tune with magic he is he probably becomes nonphysical, a living conduit of pure arcane power. Probably has most non physical buff spells as passives abilities now. Offensive spells can be cast without any sort of components, any part of it can likely be modified with metamagic from damage type to saves so size and duration of effect.

Just off unicorn though he can teleport around at will, throw ludicrous amounts of mass around telekinetically, fly, shoot big ass lasers, and create nigh impenetrable force shields. Most likely he gets bigger, horn gets longer, his eyes glow with gray fire (his eye color) and his main and tail would get silver streaks.

Waz-Cutta's body starts to fight the chaos blessings from chaos undivided. The wings of Tzeentch, the fortitude of burgle, the arm of khorne, and speed of slaanesh.

It probably speeds his transformation into a propah war boss, making him go from hulking to huge.

He starts drawing smaller waaghs into his own like a blackhole devouring matter, but is capable of driving them towards targets.

He was a master of space battles, having won out time and time again against impossible odds so I figure he can give the fleets of the imperium a run for his money win his unorthodox tactics.

>Dragonborn
We were made and breed. Now, we will be born! We are born dragon! Innate dragon magic and forms.

>There is NOTHING more fun than playing a drow with arachnophobia.
Clearly you've never played a surface raised drow who secretly thinks spiders are cute but is afraid to admit it because of constant attempts to distance themselves from drow culture.

>It's another thinly veiled "post your ridiculous donut steel PF character"

Stay in your containment thread. We don't need to know of every time you jerk it to your character sheet.

None, because I'm already on my way to destroying the ring in the fires of Mount Dome.

Level 1 human fighter.

Alas! I've become the pinnacle of the promised people! I am the the Legendary Super-jew!

Oi vey!

Thor is a storm cleric or barbarian.

>crucidaemon descended tiefling
I suppose she gets more metalic, better with trap-making, and eventually just turns into a full on crucidaemon.

Aasimar Paladin. Oohhhh boy this is gonna get REALLY wrath of god up in this bitch. Slavers gonna get smited. I imagine his healing abilities, crazy angel mode and general angelic aspect are going to be turbo cranked to the max. Beautiful and Terrifying, Be ye not afraid.gif Hoo boy.

He doesn't. The ring is an affront to his beliefs. He will become a paragon of his kind in due time thanks to his own work and effort, or he will die in the process.

Invisibility, I guess.

>Don't talk to me or any of my wife's sons ever again.

GREENED

You mean grayer, fatter and even more porkfaced.

Assuming D&D 5e racial traits:

>Humans get another feat or +2 to everything.
>High elves become even better mages who can't sleep
>Wood elves can't sleep because they gotta go fast.
>Drow become I dunno disco dancers.
>Dwarves start growing beards from their armpits and are even more autistic about digging.
>Orcs grow even stronger and dumber.
>Goliaths can now lift even more and use horses as improvised weapons.

>use horses as improvised weapons

The thought of something swinging around a horse as a weapon is oddly hilarious.

> Playing Changeling: The Lost

Well fuck, I've went and gone full Gentry here. Hope my buddies are able to get away from me.

>Last character is diablo raid boss monster variant of local monsters
>gets ring
So... the upgraded super plus version of a giant spider monster, but then you upgrade it AGAIN.

Going back to my last non-human character...Elven Artificer. She's dwarven culturally but she's fully elven, so she's likely going to get more and more fey. Good thing there are plenty of non-cold iron metals to work with.

>Human gun adept.
>Puts on the ring, becomes 100% more generic and gain and additional 50% averageness.

>Water genasi pirate
FUCK. YES.

WITNESS THE POWER OF PURE WATER!

And then she took to the seas, surfing on the waves and alternating between fighting giant sea monsters and plundering merchant ships.

>tfw no short haired drow waifu in your campaign

Half orc.... but she's a sorcerer with Ectoplasmic bloodline.

So I'm not sure how it'd work. Would she get all three? Human/orc/ghost powers?

Maybe it'd manifest as her getting extra bloodline magics from her human and orc ancestry?

Aasimar paladin.

Absolutely patrician.

erm.. I guess he gets another free feat and another 4 skillpoints.

Paragon human sorta suck :\

Congrats, you now have an elf and human attached at the hip.

Also another two stat points, as that is literally the paragon human trait.

oh my. Looks someone is getting a int score of 10 today!

Now what to do with my feat and skillpoints

Elan.

Hmn.

Well....can't become any more ageless. So he becomes even more capable of shrugging off damage by channeling psychic energy, becomes even harder to effect as his saves are even more augmented by psychic energy, he needs even less time to replenish himself through meditation, and eventually he becomes functionally immutable and invulnerable.

Kind of terrifying really.

This already happened. She got turned from dragon blooded to dragon.

However, that was sans-item. There are items like this but less powerful in setting, but all of them are made and vulnerable to the arch-enemy, lotr/Sauron-style.
So take your ring and stuff it, corruptor.