Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1475: Delicious Delicious Worms Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

jumpchain.wordpress.com/toc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, Luther Strode: Had to go back and change it a bit due to reflection and indecision. I picked up the Jumper's Job and Red Handed Faith drawbacks, and swapped out Ways of Eros for Chaining Cain. It really didn't change anything of the build or my stay, aside from coming across more disciples of Cain than I otherwise might have. Which gave the would-be Samson more chances to screw with me.

Moving right along...

Jump #319: Seven Deadly Sins
>The Tower: An abrupt change, perhaps leading to a new lifestyle and enlightenment.
Several of my companions occasionally gripe about the whole 'you were an evil vampire' thing.
I'll give them a reason to gripe.
>Location: Free Choice
>Race: Vampire (-100)
Seemingly one of the last vampires, considering they were almost all nuked not too long ago.
>Identity: Fugitive (-100)
Well, obviously if a vampire shows up and is playing up the part, they're going to bring the wrath down on themselves.
>Drawbacks: Punching Ban (+200), A King's Burden (+300), Traitor (+300)
Well, this is about typical, I suppose. If I take damage, I REALLY take damage, and thanks to A King's Burden I am going to be taking that damage more often than I'd like. And it turns out the vampires aren't as extinct as I expected... and they pretty much all hate me. What a joy!
>The Next Generation (1400)
Hm, well, at least now I can impart a hefty number of perks onto others via blood donation.
>Surprisingly Classic (Free, Vampire)
WHAT IS A MAN?! A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk.
>Darkness Fears Not Light (1300, Vampire)
Granted, I've got perks that make me a daywalker, but having a backup to keep direct sunlight down to the level that an albino human would suffer rather than turning into a pillar of ash. The corresponding decrease of other vulnerabilities helps as well.
>Till There's Nothing But Bone Left (1100, Vampire)
Oh hohohoho! If you'll excuse me I have a philosopher's stone full of trillions of Dark Eldar souls to consume. I'll be right back.

Rolled 112 (1d816)

And the thread's Jump topic iiiiis.

Batman can't testify in court since he's technically a vigilante and viewed as such. Unlike Superman or Flash or whatever who is legit just recognized by the public as a straight up superhero. Also because for some reason the legal system keeps throwing Joker into Arkham.

I mean I know Batman could just kill the guy and get it over with, but that just completely goes against what Batman stands for. I think more responsibility lies in the judicial system. Batman keeps handing the Joker over on a silver platter, they don't have his oath of not murdering people and yet they keep thinking it's a fair, just and good idea to throw Joker into the insane asylum or prison. Honestly it's not even corruption, who actually wants the Joker alive?

You could also get someone else to kill him though. It's not like he's especially resilient. Or you could penetrate the law enforcement of Gotham and shoot him or get him convicted for the Death Penalty that way.

That's mean but I like it.
I'll also teach Bane, just because.
Maybe the Joker too. He's just too skinny.

That sounds super fun, actually.
>Rip and Tear 2: Electric Boogaloo

See above.
Anybody else in Mahvel or DC that needs to become a Musclewizard?

The Hercules Method, from the Luther Strode series.
It's a bunch exercises and meditation techniques to give your mind better control over your body, but it also has a tendency to turn people who use it into berserker killing machines.
The better you are, the stronger the urge seems to be.
Cain (from the Bible, father of murder) developed it after killing his brother.

It turns you into a total badass and gives you some neat tricks on top of the super strength and speed and stuff. Turn your muscles into a bulletproof vest! Unbreak your own shattered spine! Push your disemboweled intestines back inside! Heal without scars or permanent damage! Slay armies! Live forever!

>Lord of the Night (800, Vampire)
You realize I'm going to use this to troll other vampires. Let them come after me in my domain where it is seemingly night, cause things to get confusing, get everyone on the roof, and then turn night to day. Fwoosh.
>Just Checking (Free, Fugitive)
A vampire ought to always turn up the charm.
>Foxhound (Free, Fugitive)
Being sneaky is also a perk. Not to mention picking pockets.
>The Deadly Truth (700, Fugitive)
Forcing people to be truthful about me, no matter their attempts to screw me over... nice.
>Zombie (400, Fugitive)
A completely immortal body. This is a world apart from the rest of the perks that let me regenerate. Yes, this is EXACTLY the sort of thing a master vampire needs.
>Bug Control (Free, Fugitive)
I get 200 points because I'm a Fugitive, and now I can pretend I'm Skitter!
>Balor's Power Eye (Free, Fugitive)
>Companion import x8 (0)
Ooh, I was an evil vampire, right? Congratulations, now you're all vampires. In fact, here, you can have some of my blood and get ALL of the vampire packages I had. Ungrateful jerks.

I did not get involved in the main plot. Tempting, but no.

I did spend ten years at odds with some of my companions. Who were also at odds with each other.

It's kind of weird when you and your companions group into three factions, each following either you or one of your two copies-turned-companions.

It's weirder when you bury the hatchet, only for squabbles to erupt and everyone to play musical chairs as to which faction they follow.

It's weirdest when you and your companions end up carving little out-of-the-way dominions, some pull other vampires in to follow them, some pull demons in to work with them, you create holy magitech knights, they all fight each other and it ends up in a zero sum game. Not to mention the constant assassination attempts.

It was a pain in the ass, quite honestly, but... on the other hand, I feel like we need to do this more often. It was kind of fun, oddly.

>who actually wants the Joker alive?
Super Villain protection insurance companies?

Chroma Squad!

Reposting.
The Oil-400CP Discount Steel Thanes
New Phyrexia was born from the oil, and it holds secrets and truths about the creation of the original Phyrexia others are not privy to… But you have covered yourself in it, dived deep into the black oil to uncover its secrets, and it has made you stronger, whispered into your mind its undeniable truths. You have gained insight into the functions of the Black Oil, becoming able to create it even without materials by secreting it from your body, and are immune to negative side effects from it- being covered in it making you remarkably stronger. You even have gained a more… “heretical” ability, being able to change the oil so it doesn't corrupt those it touches. Perhaps, with some research and time, you could make it corrupt towards something other than Phyrexia’s goals…
Treacherous Swamp - 200CP Discount Steel Thanes
Oh the tangled webs we weave-and how easy it would be for the unaware to walk right into them. But you? You’re no amateur. You can smell their traps from a mile away-never again get caught up in a elaborate plot to get you to offend your superiors, or fall for the bait and lose your political standing. You are now much more aware of political (and to a lesser extent, physical) traps and plots that are aimed at you or your subordinates, and have a sort of sixth sense for ways to evade them.
Afraid of the Dark? -200CP Discount Steel Thanes
Even if you know how to avoid getting caught up in others schemes, in order to reach the top one must also be able to keep those schemes from happening-and what better tool than fear to do so? You know how to instill fear in those that are bellow you- whether your subordinates or your enemies, as long as they don't clearly have the upper hand and know they do, they will be more easily driven to panic and fright than they would have before. You also gain a toggle-able aura of “menace”, perfect for intimidating people into playing along with your plans.

...I wonder if I could by Arkham.

>Quick google search to see who own Arkham in the DC universe.

No answer yet, but did you know its own architect became mentally unwell and hacked his workers to death with an axe?

I can't be the only one who is getting irritated at the increased spooky supernatural nonsense that's making its way into Batman these days.

This jump has a weirdly huge number of perks and backgrounds. Like, I counted 7. It doesn't seem like this jump has much to offer in terms of raw power, but it also seems to be pretty low powered, and has a number of fairly unique powers on offer.

Chroma Squad huh? Never taken the Jump before, so would anyone else like to do a synopsis? I'll try to read a bit and bring up things of interest to try and contribute but I wouldn't be the best to give a summary or intro.

I can't imagine that being sustainable with how often they'd need to pay out.

It is Batman's fault at this point though.
He's let this mass murderer roam around killing tens of thousands of people, killing his Ward Jason and crippling his friend Barbra.
He knows the legal system won't do a thing yet he does nothing as Bruce Wayne to campaign for them to kill the joker, he keeps irrationally giving the joker to the legal system when he knows they won't do shit and he won't even attempt to lock the joker up in the batcave.

Gotta say, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the Authority of Space perk. Also the curry rice.

I got a little disgusted when batman actually faught Dracula in a DC comic line.
Dark Horse comics sure, none of it's cannon. You can have batman fight both a Yautja and Xenomorphs there.
But Batman Vs Dracula as a cannon thing? That's just...no.

No see, most victim end up dead, so they don't have to pay anyone. And you don't have to worry about paying next of kin cause who the fuck would want to have a family in Gotham city. The city where I'm convinced it hasn't seen actual sunlight in a dozen years.

If it was elseworlds or some other explicitly-not-canon thing, sure, but it's just pandering to the lowest common denominator at this point. Oh, and don't forget the whole 'Dracula bit Superman and the sunlight he absorbed made Dracula explode because Superman's blood is liquid sunshine' bit.

>because Superman's blood is liquid sunshine
Superman should get a sponsorship with Sunny D.

Producer background gets fucked for options in this jump. Stuntman basically gets two perklines discounted.

The last time I saw a superhero endorse a product, it was Spiderman endorsing some sneakers. Some dipshit kid hurt himself trying to climb a wall with his big brother's hi-tops and he promptly angsted over it and decided having rent money just wasn't nearly so important as a clean conscience.

What the fuck, seriously.

Nah, in-universe Batman trusts the legal system because they're supposed to be doing their jobs, and to a certain extent they are. Everyone is equally running off the logic the writers give them. Only from an outside perspective can we acknowledge they're being colossal fuck ups. That being said, the legal system is fucking up more since there's nothing really holding them back from doing this or stopping them, they just don't do it for whatever reason.

Huh, yeah, that's a really good perk, especially in this current context.

Lights, Camera, Chromatize! is the first thing to catch my eye. It looks super cool, and would be great and convenient in things like Youtube where you could do stuff that could use a good camera crew.

Huh, you raise a good point.

The worst part is I know why the writers or editors (for when shit goes wrong with comics, I've noticed a trend where the evidence points at them most of the time) did this. It's because they refuse to have any of their characters, especially Spider Man, grow. They want them to stay the same and never change because that's what they think people want. For Peter Parker, that means he must always be a poor geeky nervous high-schooler nerd despite him having finished college already.

It's because of this shit fucking line of thinking that we got One More Day.

Goddamn, I don't even LIKE comic books and this pisses me off.

Characters do grow and change in comics; for the sake of the story line. The thing is, when it comes to comics, writers will often completely change the way characters act to the convince of what the want to occur, which usually ends with nothing actually changing.

>to a certain extent they are
they refuse to have any of their characters, especially Spider Man, grow

This is why one of my comicverse projects is to make sure I have a clone of myself get into the system, make use of my perks to promote that identity to a position of authority, and try to straighten out the bullshit from within as much as possible.

Also, I am pretty sure it's cheating to use perks to resist any and all attempts to somehow turn me into a supervillain, as seems to inevitably happen to people in that position, but I give precisely zero fucks about that, because causing the universe to stagnate is stupid. Character growth is a GOOD THING. Change in the universe can ALSO be a good thing as long as you aren't just magically resetting the universe repeatedly.

Looking at you, Scarlet Witch and The Flash. Stop fucking with the universe. Having an established character fuck over the universe is worse than the deus ex machina of the year, like Cosmic Cube Girl.

Hearts of iron
Import save game-0
naval commander free . I believe the term you're looking for is commander-in-chief
Commintern-50
Roll(1d8)+0:4,+0 Total:4 Moscow yep just where I need to be
the liberation of all lands -50 discount for Commintern very nice , although I believe I have AI for this kind of thing
second wind -200 discount for Commintern oh very handy if a bit irrelevant because of infinite resources.
Military tradition -200 yeah, whether it's former Imperial guard or Saiyan space soldiers. We have a history of this

endless fortifications -200 oh were upgrading these

OOB-100 discount for Commintern there is a hell of a lot of us now, this will be necessary if I don't want to keep mother box busy all the time micromanaging.

300 IC-400 discount for Commintern . The conditions aren't actually bad at all. It's just that the majority of my people share the attitudes of Shōnen protagonists.

Convoys galore -50 discount for naval commander we've already got most of the other stuff covered, and this way we can dominate shipping postwar.

Here is the thing the access powers never formed, Hitler is still in art school and despite being very morose and brooding is much less angry than he was in the original timeline because my country has decent Child protective services and his abusive father was arrested and they were both given extensive counseling to help them through their issues, no here World War II is fought between the post-economic realms of Europe, Asia , Africa , the Antarctic and Australia, and the capitalist realms of the Americas, Japan, Canada, and the Arctic.

>worms

Is there any chance of an Exalted Mortals Jump or does the Guantlet preclude that from happening?

Just woke up and checked the Thread.

>I don't understand what this does.
I'll help as much as I can, user.

>The first part sounds like you are the acolyte of the Benefactor, but that doesn't mesh with the rest.
That's how it's supposed to sound. Do you have any suggestions for clarification?

>Do you pick a Kami and henceforth technically count as their acolyte despite what they think of the matter, and can go about stealing all their mana?
No you always count 'as if you were an Acolyte of a Kami, despite the fact that you could be at odds with them'. Meaning that you count as if it were so no matter what the opinions of the local deities is. Kami is a blanket term here, you can count as if you're an Acolyte of any particular Kami, so you don't have to choose just one Kami. Technically you can tap out the Mana that they've set aside for worshipers yes.

>Half of that wouldn't even do anything post-jump since that kami is frozen back in kamigawa not collecting more mana. So basically it's Symbolic Link (this increases power of relevant magic whereas Link reduces costs), but you have to pick a specific kami's links and it costs 3x as much to get the power side of the power/efficiency coin?
You'll always count as if Kami were there to worship and gain power from, barring drawback fiat of course. It is indeed like having a more powerful Symbolic Link with less efficiency, yes.

My work does not preclude a Exalted: Mortal Jump from happening I have made this known since the beginning, before the gauntlet even got on the drives in fact.

Doubt one will happen. Even with permission, it'd be pretty hard to make it different from the existing one

What were your top battles Jumpers? They don't necessarily have to be powerful, just awesome.

that would be the time I fought Tahm Kench outside of the fields of Justice,he actually started swimming up the timestream and going after my origin's grandparents before I managed to take Him Out.

There's enough. I can't actually suggest anything, but uhhhh, there should be enough to make a jump?

What perks could be used for passive and subconscious warping of world around you to better fit your own thoughts and beliefs?

Your post fills me with confidence. Really.

Why not? It could be interesting, I'm sure the gauntlet doesn't cover everything about being a mortal in Exalted and having that stuff available in a regular jump would be a good thing.

Potential things it could include:
Things focusing on being the underdog and challenging the oh so superior exalted with mortal means (and jumper bullshit).

Perhaps a focus on being a supporting character, letting the jumper be an exalt's friend/follower/lover instead of the exalt themselves.

Since mortals stories are often about exalts prior to exalting there could be a scenario where you spend the jump actually earning an exaltation instead of getting one by virtue of it being "exalt type" jump.

So the first is meta stuff focused on making you feel good about beating people that think they're better then you but really aren't, possible with the gauntlet.

The second is also done in the gauntlet, with multiple exalted companions available.

So a scenario based around trying to stop being a heroic mortal. That's definitely appropriate.

>Since mortals stories are often about exalts prior to exalting there could be a scenario where you spend the jump actually earning an exaltation instead of getting one by virtue of it being "exalt type" jump.
No.

There is a perk in soul eater that does this, pick a madness that fits you and have your surroundings twist to fit it.

So nothing that's not in the gauntlet or isn't broken and stupid as fuck.

>Keep practicing and read the kama sutra
Yeah because what user needs is to rub honey, sawdust, and bee stingers into his dick.

>The Oil-400CP Discount Steel Thanes
For those unfamilar with the oil and it's processes, do you go into detail how it works. Like in notes or something. Because I haven't see you mention anything like that yet, but I may just have not been around at time.
Other than that I have no problems with the perk.

>Treacherous Swamp - 200CP Discount Steel Thanes
Nice well worth the 200 CP.

>Afraid of the Dark? -200CP Discount Steel Thanes
Neat, I like the other one better, but this is worth it for niche builds.

It's a big part of the lore. I'll probably add it to the notes, but it was a war weapon created back in ye Olde Phyrexia that basically drives people insane and makes them want to become "compleated" (that's not a typo), which means they start to become... Well, phyrexian-ized. Wants to replace flesh with metal and all that. It can also be used to create Phyrexian Newts by throwing dead flesh at a vat of it, which can apparently pass as human before augmentation.

So all the talk about murdering certain characters. Anyone actually replaced a character in a story, without killing them?

Like I'm gonna replace Jaune in RWBY. By changing his gender to female, she no longer flirts with Weiss & Phyrra. So Jaune never got opportunity to make first impressions upon Phyrra. Instead she was flirting with Cardinal & other boys.
I step into the spot vacated. I save Phyrra from killing Penny, I save Phyrra from getting killed by Cinder. Team RWBY doesn't have to break up, Team JNPR doesn't suffer from Phyrra's death.

Time to report your progress. Jumps, writefagging, builds, whatever. What are you doing and how is it going?

Would go better with more feedback

don't know much about phyrexians but kind of weird stuff can you do with all these neat mechanical things from the jump you are working on?

I updated this earlier this week I believe. Might as well post again though.

Hey manyfist, why is the Fable jump so terrible?

What kind of weird stuff?
All kind of weird stuff, really. Blue faction has a weapon that emmits brainwave-fuckery that's tailored to their enemies to basically lobotomize them, Black leader has a modular spider body, vat grown "people" are a thing, living weapons are also a thing, cyborg-ing basically anything (including stuff like Sphinxes), grafts...
As for cool things you could do with it? Well, massive organized religions, magitech necromancy, cyborg angels,mass produced soldiers and the like. Biotech/Magitech is kind of their focus, though Blue branches into everything

cool, definitely looking forward to this then.

Ogre Kingdoms is almost done. Probably posting sometime tomorrow. Maybe early the next day?

Explain what's so terrible about it? I merged a lot of spells from Fable I & Fable II. I based all the origins on Fable II. Added in some bits of Fable III.

What else could you ask for?

I've got the Intro, Origins, General Perks, Drop-In Perks and Student Perks written up for My Hero Academia. I still have a lot left to do, but progress is smooth and I'm happy with what I've got so far.

Nice.

Not having all the perks be mostly copy pastes of each other?

Not having all the capstones that aren't Drop In's be blocked against each other, and all the lower tier perks just be 'you can now fight a little bit faster/stronger, and also you can sometimes dodge roll/push your opponent down/parry an attack' all with the caveat that doing it makes you tired?

Not having Orphan's perk line just be a capstone and a glorified barrier to entry which is also required to take and free to Orphan?

I hardly know where to begin there's so many things that could be improved.

Where's the Earth's Mightiest Heroes jump?

I wonder how Akatosh would feel if I started chomping down on the dragon souls since they are his kids.

Could I use splatoon ink as a pathway for hamon?
If so how broken would I be at turf wars?

I haven't had much time lately, but I'm slowly chipping away at Divinity: Original Sin. Origins are almost done, then it's onto Backgrounds. Still sitting at about 30% finished.

Building for Katawa Shoujo next, which is going to be my attempt to get my Jumper to relax a little bit. Between the Bioshocks, Batman going poorly, and an extended war in Ogre Battle, he really needs a break. Still, that's going to take a while to write because I want to do it right.

And this is all supposed to be done in whatever scraps of free time I can find. Work is still doing its best to completely sap all my energy and hours from the day. So it'll be slow going for a bit. Canadian Sorry about that.

>Copy & Paste perks

They're not c&p, the capstones might be mostly because you become a Hero of Will, Strength, or Skill. It comes with similar benefits just they focus on one area. Like Hero of Strength is gonna be more physical than a Hero of Will.

Also its an early JC jump. I'm not going to be changing up major stuff. No one had issues with it when it came out.

The Heroes capstone basically means you're replacing that Hero. There's only one of each, with exception of the PC who is more Hero of Mary Sue.

You're only one that's complained. Its a 3 year old jump. Let it rest. If you want something more recent, I've already gave permission to make individual jumps based on the individual games.

Unimaged.

N-Z

Avengers Earth's Mightest Heroes

so Jumpers how powerful is your significant other?

Looks like it's going well. Any plans for origins or is it going to be something like how Bloodborne does it or will it just be as it is?

Depends on the current jump. I don't really take any companions with me.

As it is.

So basically, you don't care that it's bad and aren't going to change anything. What point is there in even telling you what my problems are with it then? Why even bother responding if you're just going to tell me you don't give enough of a shit to make something even halfway decent?

So, if you wanted to be a revolutionary/philosopher(more in the likeness of Lenin than Mao), what would be some of the best perks to grab for it?

I was thinking the drop in perk path out of Victoria, and probably the drop in perks out of X-Men Movies, and probably Meme War out of Eclipse Phase, but are there any other good options out there?

Less his kids and more shards of his soul.

>So basically, you don't care that it's bad and aren't going to change anything.

I think its fine for what it is. It originally was set between 1 & 2. I decided to change it to allow folks to choose the game. Oh I also added in the spell gauntlets.

>What point is there in even telling you what my problems are with it then?

There was never any point. Welcome to /JC/. You must be new.

>Why even bother responding if you're just going to tell me you don't give enough of a shit to make something even halfway decent?

Why bother bringing up a 3 year old Jump, that no one really had a beef with? Why should I cater to you? You're just one person who started off hostile.

Go pick on someone else. Have an alien for your troubles.

Just remake all of them. He gave permission. Do it well enough and everyone will forget all about his paltry efforts.

Oh, you were going in some early morning shitposting before class.

That's sad.

>Totem Salazzle
>Rayquaza
>chase scene in Roanapur
>some pirates I couldn't identify in East Blue
>at least one communist revolutionary

Bigger battles await, I'm just new.

>Jaune
>flirting with Cardin

wat

Deciding where I want to go next. Not having a good time of it.

He's in special ed, they really don't have much for him to do. So he's gotta shit post. Its a cry for help. Just ignore him & he'll go away.

Female Jaune, is like male Jaune. They both followed their father's advice & use cheesy pickup lines/schemes to get opposite sex's attention.

Also its funny to have opposites pair up. Fem-Jaune's inexperience would probably go over more than male-Jaune's. She'll be less likely to get bullied. IDK I'm running on 12oz of Dr Pepper & 1hr of Sleep. Best I could think of when getting Jeanne (Jaune) out the way.

>He's in special ed, they really don't have much for him to do. So he's gotta shit post. Its a cry for help. Just ignore him & he'll go away.
ooooh, you really roasted him good there

>Chroma Squad - 225
Origin: Producer
Drawbacks: Unpleasable Fanbase (+500)
Final Point Count: 1,500 CP
Perks:
-Teamwork! (Free)
-Smoke and Mirrors (Free)
-Lights, Camera, Chromatize!
-And Now, A Message From Our Sponsors
-Prop Master
Items & Companions:
-Get me 5 Stuntmen with Attitude! (300 CP)
-Box of Goods x3

Seras Victoria:
-Role: Techie
-Teamwork (Free), Suit Up! (Free), Sniper Cat, For Massive Damage, You Can Do It!

Derun Alma:
-Role: Lead
-Teamwork (Free), Suit Up! (Free), Form In!, Marvelous Courage, Sheriff’s Insight

Madarach:
-Role: Assault
-Teamwork (Free), Suit Up! (Free), It’s Cleave Time!, Man At Arms, On Field Repairs

Kasumi Rogue:
-Role: Scout
-Teamwork (Free), Suit Up! (Free), Speed of the Shark, Biinon’s Invisibility

Gelee:
-Role: Assist
-Teamwork (Free), Suit Up! (Free), Torin’s Bravery, The Power of Friendship

Seeing as not many other people seem to know wtf this is: Basically, a toku studio is failing until they get You, the player, as producer.

Many major battles are basically filming different episodes for your super sentai series, and there just so happens to coincidentally be a covert alien invasion going down that... Somehow, through the power of Belief, your sentai actors are capable of fighting.

tl;dr BALANCE RATINGS, BEAT ALIENS

>World of Warcraft
Class perks, Mixed Discounts, Undiscounted, and Companions are done. Taking a break for the time being, mostly as work is kicking my ass.

Been doing writefagging for Umineko, world building for the Sword & Sorcery setting of my chain to flesh out a lot more details, and a bunch of chain maintenance.
The less said about progress on the next jumps the better.

>Taking a break for the time being, mostly as work is kicking my ass.

That sucks. Take all the time you want. No need to burn yourself out with work & work. /JC/ is for fun.

>Rival battles in Pokemon
>Motherfucking Ultra Beasts out of nowhere
>Every single battle in Pokemon Conquest
>That one serial killer in InFamous that kept COMING OUT OF NOWHERE
>Doom and DOOM 2016: ALL THE DEMONS OH GOD THE DEMONS SO MANY DEMONS
>The invasion of the Fire Nation
Oh yeah, and that one evil Jumper that keeps popping up because his Benefactor and mine hate each other and are constantly trying to one up each other.

More to come, I'm sure.

The entire game is basically one massive love letter to toku, right down to the legal issues they had on trying to publish the game.

So, quick check.

Roughly how much would you expect a drawback/complication to award if...

>You replace the protagonist
You are Jumper Shepard. Jumper Potter. Jumper Uzumaki. Jumper Strife. Etc.

>You are in the protagonist's entourage
Mass Effect squad mate. One of Harry Potter's core circle. On Team 7. Member of AVALANCHE Etc.

>/JC/ is for fun.
I keep seeing this but I am pretty sure nobody in thr thread is having fun.

lot bound, drawbacks are usually about 300 CP

>>You replace the protagonist
+200 or 300 depending on how dangerous being the main character is and if you inherit some of their negative personality traits.

>>You are in the protagonist's entourage
+100 or 200 depending on how dangerous being plot bound is.

Those kinds of things by themselves aren't really drawbacks. Many people try to do those things and might actually pay to replace the protagonist of a Jump's story or become one of their friends. You need to do something that actively makes it terrible to even start making it a drawback.

What does a mothers lullaby in aquaria actually do?

Basically, the metaphysics of Aquaria and it's magic are made and based around one song, the lullaby that the Creator was lulled to sleep with in its childhood. That lullaby's present in every piece of music in the game, as well as many abilities.

You have a fraction of the original song.

Depends entirely on the setting, but the first should usually be more than the second.

They could even be 0 CP if they don't make you plotbound or something to that effect.

In Worm are you able to be dropped in before Coil gets his claws on Tattletale?

To sum up:
If you didn't do anything and the canon-squad was gone, it is possible that the situation could be resolved, but much more likely that Bad Times (tm) will happen. (Ranging from totalitarian state to extinction event.)

Looks like jumpchain.wordpress.com/toc/ has started updating again.

That's because everyone is like an addict. Can't get enough. Can't stay away.

so where I to use the Adaptanator from Princess bride to turn the games of Divinity into a videogame and then run that through the Game Maker IX from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3 To make it into a Gashat how powerful would that be and how suicidal would that be?

Mkay.

Whatever, dude.

See, being forced into action is the kind of thing I'm talking about. That's likely up in the 300 range if by replacing the protagonist you face a situation where fucking up means doom for you and everyone else.

Thanks, I am mostly waiting till they get to Familiar of Zero, seeing how they change things there is gonna be interesting.

Hey, is avengers earth's mightiest heroes survivable as a first jump? If not, what do I need to survive it?

>You replace the protagonist
Depends on the setting. Replacing the protag of a calm slice-of-life setting shouldn't give more than 50 CP at most.

>You are in the protagonist's entourage
Again, relative to the setting. Being dragged into Shepard's harem is going to be more dangerous, and thus worth more CP, than being dragged into Hamtaro's group of friends.

No jump is survivable, suitability is a lie pushed by the IRC.

1.don't be a mutant
2. Stay out of the plot