Previous Thread: >>52985598 → #

Previous Thread: → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

First for best lady.

DARK GREETINGS

I hope that the unmarked general keeps out the faggots.

Anybody have the ugly generator PDF?

Should be in the pastebin.

Me too, man

Worked after VII, hopefully will this time, too.
Plus /TV/ likely won't even recognize the OP image, which is also good

Great OP my man. Have a best Squadron

Who's the lady with the shaved head?

I tried
>Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>Shipfag's hangar
>Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games

Not in any of the above and the rest don't seem related.

>Not in any of the above and the rest don't seem related.
I think it's in the RPG bin.

It's my headcanon that they're all fucking dead, because Rebel pilots would not be skilled enough to do anything they do. Rogue Squadron died in their first mission, sorry not sorry.

They're mostly defectors from Imperial training or local military though... The Empire literally trained a good share of them.

Everything they did was completely possible in the X-Wing games.

Git Gud scrub.

No it wasn't.

The only thing autistic is thinking an X-Wing can blow up a Star Destroyer.

You don't see TIE Fighters blowing up MC-80s.

TIE Fighters are shit, mass-produced fighters.
A lot of rebel fighters (y-wing excluded) are precision made masterpieces. The Empire just underestimated the value of fighters and got fucked for it.

Is that headhunter supposed to have Vichy France colors, or is it only a coincidence?

Take out the 3 shield generators and than hit the bridge with a proton torpedo easy peasy dumbass.

Either the TIE complement or the ship's own weaponry would disintegrate you in a heartbeat.

Fair enough, but they still can't do nearly anything shown in the books. Just because they're piloted by Mary Sue asshats doesn't mean shit.

Could only find a list of parts with stats build for building ships for the FFG RPGs written directly into pastebin, but not the PDF I was looking for the a bunch of tables for rolling up ugly parts, which at first glance seemed to automatically stat them for X-Wing.

It used to be posted all the time and I thought I was saved it, but turns out I hadn't.

>You don't see TIE Fighters blowing up MC-80s.
Don't you do that in TIE Fighter?

TIE Fighters don't carry tops or missiles. They were never meant to fight capital ships. TIE Bombers, Defenders, Avengers, and Hunters are all perfectly capable of doing that, though.

Have you not played Rogue Leader? It's child's play for a skilled pilot to dodge SD fire and your bros can easily handle any shitty TIEs

TIEs aren't actually bad, like at all. They overcome the shields of the "superior" rebel craft just fine and are actually more maneuverable than their counter part.

In an actual dog fight the more agile craft wins because all of those defenses mean little to the craft that doesn't get hit.

Factor in that the Rebel fighters are also out numbered 3 or 4 to 1 and you start to see why their portrayal is mostly just plot powered nonsense.

If you're good enough, yes.
They could have won Endor with a single flight of defenders.

I've downed capital ships in fighters in TIE fighter, you need an ordinance carrier to do it, but it's possible.

It's HARD but I've managed to dance in close with ISDs, that's with admittedly far less guns than canon on a Star Destroyer in game BUT to compensate for lack of total guns even heavy turbolaser turrets can point-defense down torpedoes and missiles.

You mean that game where you're the protagonist and kill mooks?

Yeah, I've played that game.

What's the best food/drink to serve at a star wars themed game night?

>using a video game as indication of how combat actually works

Ehhh, the Rogue Squadron games are a bit too forgiving as far as challenge levels go.

I generally base things on the X-Wing games but they have their own issues (Relatively low guncount on capital ships, but VERY high accuracy on said guns.)

Bantha Bacon Beef Burgers.

Chef Yub-Yub's Long Pork Special

Thoughts on this list?

I want to make use of my 3 repainted strikers, but I'm not sure how.

Also- did anyone else realize that Palob Godalhi's name is an anagram for Pablo Hidalgo?

Blue milk and nerf burgers

Blue Milk:
3 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
3 oz amaretto almond liqueur
3 oz Malibu® coconut rum
6 oz half-and-half or whole milk

>In an actual dog fight the more agile craft wins because all of those defenses mean little to the craft that doesn't get hit.

^this^
Rebels don't even have the excuse of being energy fighters because lack of a gravity well in space means you can't accelerate faster than the peak speed of your opponent anyway.

Plourr I believe.

TIEs being exceptionally agile is pretty new, believe it or not.
Early material had them about as agile as Y-wings and less than the X. Only the interceptor was actually agile

Looks fun.

Looking at the 1e WEG Star Wars Sourcebook, this guy is right. Though TIE/ln fighters were faster, X-Wings were tougher, more heavily armed and more maneuverable.

Are there any FFG books comparable to Only War, but for Stormtroopers? Or for Rebels is fine too, assuming it'd be easy to adapt.

I just want to shoot terrorists and die an inglorious death on some backwater jungle planet, and I'm all out of terrorists.

Rebs have other advantages to call on to help even the odds. Torpedoes and missiles in lore tend to be very reliable ways to thin the herd from long range. The Rebels also abuse stuff like the Thach Weave to hell and back (proven to still be effective against numerically superior opponents at Midway). Meanwhile, according to sources like Lara Notsil, Imp pilot training tends to be rather poor in the teamwork department. The average TIE grunt tends to be a lone wolf and belligerent, even towards allies. Instructors and squad leaders who understand team-building (Ex. Baron Fel) are few and far between.

Plus, hyperdrives. Hyperdrives let Rebels pick their fights and run if the odds ever turn against them. It's basically safe, cheap level grinding.

Are you looking for stats or fluff? WEG's Specforce handbook might be of help in a fluff/advice sort of way.

The character was from an old weg book so it makes sense he would slip that in

With X-Foils out yeah X-Wings could conceivably turn better.
AoR is pretty easy to adapt but you may end up drawing from all the books, unlike FFG's 40k system the various games are pretty much totally balanced against each other.

In an actual dog fight between two comparable fighters the one with the most skilled pilot wins.

Anyways, unlike the radar guided rocket tag of modern fighter combat, Star Wars borrows from the second world war, specifically the Pacific Theater. The TIE is the A6M and the X-Wing is the Hellcat, and while both can down the other, the Hellcat is more durable while the Zero can turn better in the hands of a skilled pilot. However, the Hellcat's survivability allows a unskilled pilot to have a fighting chance against a more skilled enemy pilot or give an equally skilled pilot an upper hand.

I wish this meme of "Imperial servicemen were mean and didn't like each other" would end. It's idiotic inventioneering by the Mice lords. Imperial soldiers often had stronger interpersonal bonds than Rebels did.

>It's idiotic inventioneering by the Mice lords. Imperial soldiers often had stronger interpersonal bonds than Rebels did.

>Guy quotes a source from the late 90s

>>guy quotes a source from the late 90's
>it's from an X Wing novel
>the novels notorious for scrapping realism and plot for X Wing fanwanking and jerking off Rogue/Wraith Squadron

The lion's share of interactions we have seen between officers was them bickering and fueding

In the movies and Rebellion era? No.

In E.U.? Only after Endor when the Empire is literally turning in on itself.

In NuCanon? After RO and watching how Gilbert Shekelstein thinks that Imperial officers are bickery, backstabby manchildren, I'm loathe to take anything from it without a few truckloads of salt.

Quick question about combat in ffg: does it mechanically care about the exact positioning of characters? Or is it more abstract?

>In the movies and Rebellion era? No.

This bickering is pointless.

>In an actual dog fight between two comparable fighters the one with the most skilled pilot wins.
This is really the key point. Probably 90% of TIE pilots shot down by Rogue squadron and other rebels were guys with zero combat time, in the rebellion era because rebels avoided targets with actually skilled defending troops, and later because the ICW was causing HORRENDOUS turnover in the imperial and ex-imperial navies, and lots of pilots were straight-up conscripts
It's like that one german squadron that racked up literally thousands of kills against the Russians in the early years of the war, and how IJN aviation completely fell apart in the later days of the pacific theatre

>does it mechanically care about the exact positioning of characters
Only AoE stuff like Blast is in effect, otherwise no.

This.

I think RS is still bullshit, but it's important to remember that they're not so much good, it's that their opponents suck, and that's because they deliberately avoid fighting anyone competent most of the time, hence the name "rogue". Agile, hit-and-run, sucks in a straight-up fight.

Later when they fight that elite TIE wing, they win, but only with overwhelming numbers, and they lose many, many more pilots and ships than the elite TIE pilots do, and that's because Rogue Squadron really wasn't good.

Abstract.

I mean, they were definitely GOOD, some of them (like wedge and Tycho) were incredible, but like all the really good pilots, they lived that long because they didn't pick many fair fights. Same with the TIE aces

How do you do it when using a platform like roll20? I'm asking because my only experience is with stuff like 5e, and I don't want to approach it the wrong way.

Yeah, point taken, I'll rephrase:

Rogue Squadron wasn't the BEST. They certainly weren't on the level of TIE Aces, and even skilled TIE pilot regulars gave them trouble.

They won their reputation for being hit and run guerrilla fighters, specifically avoiding direct confrontations and attacking weaker/unexpecting enemies.

Again, some of the stuff they do, especially Wedge, borders on insane fanwank, but at least the books make a point that RS doesn't fair very well in straight-up fights, and the few times they do they either lose or suffer heavier losses than the enemy to win.

Up against legitimate TIE Aces, they would've lost had they not held such a huge numerical advantage, and even then it was a very pyrrhic victory.

The reason Rogue Squadron are seen as the best is not because they can kill everyone forever.

It's becuase they get the mission completed - even if 11 of 12 die in the process, they'll complete the mission anyway however suicidal.
That's why they're 'the best'.

The impossible is our stock and trade.

How often did they get bent over like that, the most I recall from the books was 5 in one go

The thing about the rogues is that they weren't an 'all star' team like some of the really elite TIE squadrons, they were just a couple of absurdly good pilots leading a bunch of better than average pilots on incredibly dangerous missions with high turnover.
Plus when they got shwacked by the 181st, it was with Defenders, which is the one fighter that out X-wings the X-wing

When did they go up against the entire 181st in defenders? Other than maybe summary bits in the Essential Atlas or Guide to Warfare?

Only Phennir had a Defender at Adumar.

Probably in the comics, I don't think they ever fought defenders in the novels except at adumar, and I don't remember them getting bounced like turr over here is talking about in the books either

And liquidating your assets is ours.

It doesnt happen so often in the books, though they do lose a bunch of people over time.
Lore-wise it happened fairly often though.

Mostly I just use freeform. If necessary for a complex fight I'll use a drawing or tokens, but nothing concrete, just a depiction for the player's understanding.

Also remember that the Rogue roster is highly inconsistent. Wedge is the only one who could really be considered a constant. As we saw with Wes and Hobbie at the start of Wraith Squadron, veteran pilots may find themselves reassigned to training duties to pass on their skills. Plus, some straight up leave to do other stuff, like Luke and Corran. The Rogues are rarely able to get their full all-star roster together. Contrast the 181st, which generally tends to be able to keep its superstar aces together, with the exception of retirement or capture.

Anything that could be done to improve it?

I could swap to Baffle+captive on the shuttle, but IDK if that is a good idea.

How much flying has happened with it so far?

Try it a few times first and see how it goes.

What are the cons of Star Wars d6?

Limited pool of content after the time tpm came out. so if your story calls for recent this, prepare for homebrew.

More limited skills/what you can do with said skills. Very very simple combat.

Oh fuck off Hux. Rogue Squadron were by far the best pilots in the galaxy. They had fucking Wedge and Luke. You are just an ass mad Empfag.

>even skilled TIE pilot regulars gave them trouble.
Could you please provide an example of this actually happening?

Lore.

Outside of fankwank games and fanwank novels RS was regularly fucked with.

I like the strikers: cheap fast and able to push damage through with crack shot is a good combo. hux is weird, it'd be cool to see how he goes. i think he's pretty good in theory, but not being able to spend focuses on defense seems dangerous

One attempt, in which the strikers hit a shitload of asteroids.

The relationships between enlisted personnel, the relationships of officers competitively seeking promotion, and officers who are just trying to do their jobs are all very different

>Outside of novels, movies, or games
That doesn't leave much lore then. Also source?

The Rogues aren't necessarily the best dogfighters, sure. They are, however, the best all-around pilots in the galaxy. They're a reflection of their squadron waifu, the T-65, just as the 181st are a reflection of the TIE Interceptor. The 181st are probably the top dogfighters, but most of them won't have as much experience in CAS or attacking capital ships. Rogues, meanwhile, have a role that requires knowing how to do a little bit of everything. You see that in their pilots, too. Lots of named Rogues have logged flight hours in multiple different starfighter roles. Baron Fel and Maarek Stele are the only 181s we know to have flight hours in multirole and attacker craft. Every other 181st pilot we've seen either has no written history or graduated to Interceptors straight from TIE/LNs.

Tell a 181st pilot he's a bombardier and he'll complain. Tell the same thing to a Rogue and he'll learn how to leave penis-shaped bomb crater patterns by the end of the hour.

I'm pretty neutral to that whole debate, but "lore" is usually not considered an exemple.
Especially not "lore but not games or novels".

And now I'm defending rebel scum. Look at what you're making me do, user!

Give a TIE pilot a hardened target in a narrow space, with a small attack window to defend, They'll start asking why the fuck they have to do it not gunnery corps. Or try and find a buck to pass so it's not their fault when shit goes wrong.

Give an X-Wing pilot a hardened target with a small attack window and a narrow space to hit, and those crazy motherfuckers will start fighting over who gets their turn first.

Give a B-Wing pilot that job, and he'll ask you what he's going to do with the remaining 90% of the mission time.

The 181st aren't the only TIE Aces.

B-Wings are fucking retarded.

Yeah, but who gives a shit about the other guys? Black Squadron is the only other relevant TIE ace team and they died before getting to do anything cool.

That's cool, name some other prominent TIE Ace squadrons.

>t. Jealous bomber pilot

>watch my dumb looking ship blow up a star destroyer because the rebels must always have plot armor and must always win even when they'd lose

You better mean by design, because capability and role, fuck no Strike/Attack craft are brilliant. Air Superiority doesn't mean shit if if you don't have anything else to actually run your operation with. It's why X-Wings are great, you can run a whole shitload of missions with them.

It's space WWII. Torpedo bombers sink ships.

X-Wings and B-Wings both would be destroyed without much of a fight, if not for plot armor and shitty writers.