Reminder that this was the last time Warhammer Fantasy lore was any good

Reminder that this was the last time Warhammer Fantasy lore was any good.

Reminder that 7th and 8th pretty much changed nothing until ET.

I think pretty much anyone who remotely cares about WHF lore pretends that ET and AoS never existed.

I care about whf lore. It was great stuff. Good reads, and a lot of fun.

I also recognize that ET gave it all an end, and AoS is its sequel. I now recognize AoS lore, and enjoy it.

Also, fuck you.

>inb4 hurr durr GW shill/employee

>hurr durr GW shill/employee
You might be. I think it's more likely you're a braindead backbirth fanboy with so much sunk cost fallacy as regards GW that you could be mistaken for a shipwrecked vessel of the spanish plate fleet.

>a braindead backbirth fanboy with so much sunk cost fallacy as regards GW that you could be mistaken for a shipwrecked vessel of the spanish plate fleet.
Oh but you're wrong though. Try again.

the art in all of the endtimes books were amazing, and the army breakdown parts.

I play AoS too but fuck the art is shit and the maps of the realms are fucking disgustingly bad.

>anyone who disagrees with me is a shill
Is it really that hard to accept that other people have other opinions? Are you that fucking autistic that you'd rather believe a company pays people to say good things about their game on a Somalian butt fluting forum than to accept that people might actually like AoS?

I will admit the maps are terribad. But as for the art, there are hits and misses. I don't think there are as many misses as people think.

Example, this is one of my favorite art pieces from AoS, and there are others just as good.

>and there are others just as good
But it's shit though

Nice opinion.

for some reason a lot of it is in this "style". It just reeks of digital paint and looks like shit

I really wish there was more art of the classic warhammer look and less of the deviantart digital look. Stormcasts look way cooler when the art isn't shit, I wish we had more like this

I feel sorry for Dave Gallagher, what a waste of talent it is.

> those flagellants
kek

I posted above your post.
>less of the deviantart digital look
That's exactly as id describe it actually. Good call.

Also look at the Ironjawz here. Its literally an illustrator line-drawing.

In their defense those ones are not there to be art pieces, but more for simple painting guides for beginners. 40k was doing it before AoS was.

I'm just saying don't include those under the artwork criticism, because they aren't meant to be. Just simple painting guides.

That is some seriously lazy shit.

They didn't even try to hide the fact that they were basically porting 40k to Fantasy in the most absurd and ill-fitting way possible.

I actually like the simpler styles of units, at least in the older books. It harkens back to the old art of Warhammer Fantasy. Plus as said those are meant to be very simple reference pictures for painters, not full fledged art projects.

I only meant the bottom one, they've just looked at the models and traced around them.

I fail to see why anyone would like Age of Sigmar. I mean, the chaos gods getting bitchslapped maybe? But at what cost to the quality of EVERYTHING else

And I fail to see how anyone can not see any good in AoS despite its ever increasing popularity.

But to each their own. That's all.

Yeah we have a guy like you at our lgs. It just boggles him that anyone plays the game. But it's slowly growing where I am, and it isn't all sunk cost fallacy because people are buying fantasy armies where they had none before. It's growing in the US as the ITC guys constantly rave about it and it's getting national rankings and tournament attendance is increasing. I know you're not alone, but I also know over time your complaints have less and less credence.

I mean, I still wish that the older look got more support, in both fluff and crunch, but other then that I've got no complaints.

Endtimes had some god tier art, I really wish it had carried over into AoS. The new art is made by the same deviantartists that blizzard hires out for Warcraft and star craft which is why AoS has that weird vibe to it. Crazy thing is, many of those artists are capable of pretty quality work, but GW probably pays them peanuts and gives them limited time so there's little incentive to put full effort into it.