Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1477: Your Time is Ogre Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3ZJBfSF5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whatever happened to Cenanon?

Nah more like Pic Related. Be careful with this one, it's a little rough.

Does it matter? Im glad that meme posting wanker is gone.

Remember, john cena can beat elder gods in a fist fight and the byzantine empire is a meme.

Minor update.

Gorger is now 300cp.
Lore of the Great Maw is noted as being exclusive to Butchers.
Ogre Traits is noted as becoming an alt form afterwards.

Which Jumps can begin with you waking up on a Beach? You could technically say any of them, given that most Jumps leave your exact starting location up to you, but do we have any Jumps with Scenarios or Drawbacks that explicitly start this way, or Jumps with a Beach as a starting location?

I forgot about these memes actually, thanks for reminding me.

Rolled 12 (1d816)

Jump topic for the jump thread!

It was asked a few threads ago and I don't feel like it was satisfactorily answered: Is there a way to rise to and above the 'alpha plus' category as a Psyker?

>Horde Hoard
So, uh, does this work if my armor is already gold (well, magic gold)? Or would I just need to coat it in gems then?

You'd need to coat it in more gold. Or gems.

Alpha Plus basically has no cap because it's the equivalent of "uncategorized."

Advance Wars.

>Advance Wars
It's a good jump if you want to become a "master" tactician.

There is even a drawback for that

Welp. Time to be the gaudiest mass of gold and gems then.

Who would make for good companions in warhammer fantasy ogre or otherwise?

>Advance Wars - 666
Background: CO
Drawbacks: HQStuck (+300)
Final Point Count: 1,300 CP
Perks:
-Andy’s Anthem (Free)
-Gimmick - Resource Saving (Free)
-We Can Do This
-Top Tier
-CO Power + Tag Power
-Dual Strike (400 CP)

... I'll be honest, I legitimately have no earthly idea what I'm doing.

I haven't even SEEN this game despite Google-diving multiple times until

How does my Alpha Chad reach such lofty gains user?

Can you apply Making a Name for Yourself to all of the various Titles that you've gained from other Jumps? As in, the Perks that say "People will always refer to you or know you as this."

eat souls

No, just ones you earn by doing deeds after this. Won't work on titles you buy with CP, has to be one you get from some famous accomplishment you actually did.

Can you work Gut Magic by eating Plants? Is it weakened in any way by this? If so, could this weakness be overcome by eating particularly dangerous, foul, and grisly Plants?

I'd say it could work since you are eating, though obviously it'd be weaker by virtue of most plants being weak things. The effects of Gut Magic seem to be better the more dangerous the thing you eat and the more of it you eat. Eating a mouthful of motionless tree might let you work it but probably nothing impressive. Eating half of some giant venus flytrap? You're looking at some actual gas to fuel your magic there.

Umineko has that as the Drop-in origin.

Rust, Kamen Rider Kuugito

Fire Emblem Heroes lets you appear on a beach in Altea.

So this would work great with My Favorite Food from carnivores which gives you meat of anyghing you have killed in the past?

If you have immunity to instant death effects, like Immune from Death Note or Ribbon from FFTA and you go to Harry Potter, do you no sell the basilisk's killing gaze, or do you get petrified like the people who saw it indirectly.

... or do you no sell on direct eye contact but get petrified by indirect eye contact?

I think the drawback for being a Queen sibling in Arrowverse starts with you washing up on the Island?

So how does Warhammer Magic work, anyway?

Other than the Darkhallow, are there any ascension or power up rituals around?

Petrification is a status effect in FFTA.

DnD dragons can become gods in a ritual that requires them amassing at least 100k gp of treasure in a hoarde then consuming it all in a ritual. More gold is better.

Doesn't that require you to consume /everything/ you have? Would suck to have to do that as a jumper, consuming everything in your warehouse.

Go to any norse setting and cut yourself a lot. It works good enough for certain namefags it can work for you.

A dragon's horde isn't necessarily everything he owns. Some dragons have multiple hordes. The requirement just says you have to eat the whole horde instead of stopping at the 100k gp limit.

Yes, well everything in your hoard. Warehouse may or may not count for it. Then again I know there are perks to get around paying full price for spells, maybe mix one of those in. I mean I dont think the dragons need to eat their land to make it work, just the money and such.

It is possible to become a god in alterworld if you drink the blood of a boatload of existing gods then perform a deed large enough to make you famous across the entire world (in setting the mc kills an army of demons and sammael who has conqured the majority of 4 or 5 worlds.)

So set aside a hoard's worth of random pricy expensive junk and- wait, how long of a time limit does it take to assert something as a "hoard"?

I think there's a ritual Dragon Slayers can do in Fairy Tail where they bathe in the blood of a bunch of dragons and become a Super powerful dragon themselves. It's apparently how Acnologia was created, iirc.

Hey, thread.
Hope everyone's been keeping well.
Okay, I've got a question for y'all.

Do you use as a standby until the respective jump is complete use the Generic Exalted Jump from SB?

What does that entail?

No, and stop trying to start drama

Nah, it's kind of terrible.

Haven't seen it myself, didn't even know it was a thing, actually. What's terrible about it?

It's complicated... You see the core of most magic in Warhammer Fantasy is the Winds of Magic, the Winds blow down from the North, from the great chaos rift that is the source of all the worlds woes. These winds do not flow evenly, sometimes pouring down so thick that lesser wizards go mad, and sometimes so lightly all but the smallest spells are impossible.

Mage's who practice magic actively seem to agree the eight different winds, and their associated Lores are:

Hysh, the White Wind -- Lore of Light
Azyr, the Blue Wind -- Lore of the Heavens
Chamon, the Yellow Wind -- Lore of Metal
Ghyran, the Green Wind -- Lore of Life
Ghur, the Brown Wind -- Lore of Beasts
Aqshy, the Red Wind -- Lore of Fire
Ulgu, the Grey Wind -- Lore of Shadow
Shyish, the Purple Wind -- Lore of Death

Beyond these are a bunch of outliers which still depend on the Winds but aren't a part of the common practices, most of which are unique to a race like Gut Magic for Ogres and Da Great Green is for the Greenskins.

Eh not as much as you may expect. Its basically the same as a forgotten realms god except you have to buy your worshippers with buffs and gifts because the world runs on mmo game logic. No worshippers means you wont have power to do anything.

Hi, same guy as , and yeah, it's not great, but would you use it as a temporary fix until the respective jump is made? Or would you just do without?

Bancho, just don't, okay. I don't need you of all people taking an innocent question and trying to accuse me of 'drama'.

No I actually know that part. But what I can't find online is the actual mechanics of how the casting is done. Is it rituals? Incantations? Just willpower and knowledge?

Nope. I got too many beefs with Brellin's dumb bullshit.

"Lawl, you get the formula and plans and metaphysical stronk of Autochthon to make your own Alchemical Exalted. For cheap."

And you know what he used as justification? The Red series from Young Justice. He couldn't even justify it with in-universe explanations, he had to go "But muh prior jump precedent."

Fuck that nonsense, not even touchin' it.

EXCELLENT, you're here.

I've been browsing MTG cards and I can't make any heads or tails. For the capstone-boosted Divine Intervention, are there any examples of "sub-Kami" you were drawing from for the idea, or is it just that?

Trying to find some inspiration and if there's nothing, I may have to wing it.

I have been for Alchemicals, but I don't need to any more since Mir has picked it up.
It's not great, but having 5x essence is pretty neat. I really don't feel it's clear as to how Curseproof is supposed to interact with Clairty, if at all.
There are some pretty nice perks and I liked the scenarios.

Rolled 8 (1d8)

Jump 220 Ranma 1/2
pastebin.com/3ZJBfSF5
Highlights include: Sealspace filled with biju, a couple ninja and a bunch of mana reservoirs. Shared curses, and a variety of shenanigans. Also a number of new companions(5).
1 Kill La Kill
2 Greek Myth
3 Carnivores
4 Morroblivion
5 Full Metal Alchemist
6 Light Bringer
7 Morroblivion
8 Dragon's Crown

>5x essence is pretty neat
Isn't that kind of busted?

Dragon's Crown, not exactly the most exciting place, but could be alright.

Would Average One from FSN affect Exalted Essence or Tower of God Shinsoo?

An undiscounted 800cp isn't exactly 'cheap', but I can see where you're coming from. The ability to make your own exalted at all is pretty ridiculous, at least while you are still in chain, maybe post-spark
So, is that it, just that issue and not liking how the jumpmaker handled it? Is there anything more?

Not sure what you mean by 'busted' but it was originally 10x before it was argued to be too much. Is that what you're thinking fo?

I'll have to find the bits of lore on this before I can give you a solid answer.

As far as cards go I was more focused on the fluff than the mechanics of the cards. The Sub-Kami thing is basically something the Myojin and some other Kami were observed to do, they'd make Kami of X Something they were already a Kami of and lose no power or anything whilst the Kami dealt with being subordinate to the higher Kami that spawned it. This was either reporduction, which I heartily doubt, or how the Kami was managing so many things at once, by literally having more hands on deck as it were.

Yeah, at max Essence with a x5 multiplier wouldn't you basically have a Kilometer? Is there any in-setting example of an Exalt having such a ridiculously large base Essence pool?

Kilomote*

Yeah, that's a bit more than a kilomote. And nope, not by a long shot.

A devil-tiger or standard Infernal who learns Cosmic Principle of either themselves or a yozi/primordial could. That does come with a lot of bagage though.
Also, don't we have plenty of jumps where there are perks that push to to ridiculous heights within the setting in some way or another? Even if it unprescidented in setting, it is just the equivalent of giving you more stamina, allowing you to fight for longer without breaks. It shouldn't make you that much stronger, just more convenient.

It's okay, I knew what you meant.

So in Worm what do you think is better the Cauldron Vials so you could give one to someone then eat them for the power, or the Data Core for all the crazy tech and its applications?

It has been a long while since I've read that PDF, so currently I can't list off many of my other gripes with it. In the end, it did just come down to how Brellin was acting and handling it during the process.

It's also the biggest reason why I'm glad Mardukth, Wukong, and InNomine have handled it the way they did - they show just in the jump intros and fluff alone that they GIVE A CRAP about the setting.

Brellin's jump had none of that. No care, no attention, and the worst part was he was being dishonest about it. It's dumb to be this hung up on principles, but that's the biggest reason why I will never use that jump.

I getcha on the fluff vs the mechanics, was just trying to find examples via said cards.

And alright. Thank you for taking the moment to answer, Gauntlet. I'll have to look at MTG writing.

>Yeah, that's a bit more than a kilomote.
really? I always thought it ended up in the high hundreds.

Devil Tigers can't take Cosmic Principle, and other Infernals stop being Infernals at that point though.

>A devil-tiger or standard Infernal who learns Cosmic Principle of either themselves or a yozi/primordial could.
But at that point they're no long Exalts, they're literally just a carbon copy of the Yozi.

240 is the max essence pool. So 5x would be 1200 motes.

Can D&D gods physically manifest in the mortal plane or are they limited to acting indirectly?

Alright it seems to be that it's a combination of taught patterns (Sometimes involving waving the hands and incantation), willpower, and knowing how to draw the winds into yourself to channel the right amount of power into spells. Willpower and the knowledge of spells seems to be the really big point while how to cast seems to change from spell caster to spell chaster. Traditions seem to stick often enough though. Hope that helped.

What are you trying to figure out? Maybe I can help.

If we ever get a Pathfinder jump, you could just do what Cayden did and get really, really drunk.

It does, thanks.

Don't you need to learn a Cosmic Principle in order to use the Charm Tempest of Inward Focus?

Or am I remembering something else?

You're remembering something else. Devil Tigers are barred from ever learning Cosmic Principle.

I do since solars is still years away. Hiding anima is also a neat trick worth stopping in for.

Seeing that img, I have to ask, is there a Psyren jump? Drive is shitting out on me atm, otherwise I'd just check there.

We all know about demon nobility/likability perks. Stuff like Master of the Devil's Yard (ActRaiser), Peer of Hell (Infernals), or Eleventh Commandment (Seven Deadly Sins). But what perks for other races do we have? SDS, of course, has a capstone for every race (Humans, Giants, Fairies, Demons, Angels, and Vampires) in the jump, and... okay yeah those are the only ones I know about.

Particularly curious if we have something for getting the eldritch and abominable to like or respect you right out of the gate.

Nope, sorry. Cosmic Principle is E10 and isn't normally a devil-tiger charm. That is to say that Trimumphant Howl of the Devil tiger is not a prerequisite for it.

There's nothing saying that a devil-tiger's charm tree wouldn't include Cosmic Principle or an equivalent charm. That is to say, their Cosmic Principle, only.

>stop being Infernals at that point though.
>no long Exalts
Yeah, I guess you're right there.

Mostly how the sub-Kami differ from the Primary Kami, what traits they possess that are similar, do they ever grow and evolve in ways entirely different compared to the Primary, etc.

Trying to figure out how "crazy" I can go with these.

a Bloodied Combat-boosted... think it's Vile Blood or something, in Bloodborne.

Sadly not yet. There's one in the process of being built, and I've seen evidence of it happening personally, but it's extremely slow going.

I found the jump on their drive, but it won't open. Can someone post like a spoilered link or something?

There's one being worked on on SB.

>There's nothing saying that a devil-tiger's charm tree wouldn't include Cosmic Principle or an equivalent charm. That is to say, their Cosmic Principle, only.

Thriumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger IS their equivalent charm.
>In declaring his own legend, he may never learn (Yozi) Cosmic Principle.

>spent most of a morning finally writing up that doggone Umineko build
>realised the way it ended demanded a BIG explaination for how I pulled it off
>hungry, cold and now feel a headache coming on trying to put my thoughts in order

ow my head

Oh hey, that's new.

>eight legged freaks

And I resent that remark. Also, build.

Drawbacks: The Biggest of the Big, Maw Stricken (1400)

Scenario: Pilgrim

Butcher, age 25

Goldtooth Tribe

Ogre Traits (Free)
Horde Hoarde (Free)
Lore of the Great Maw (Free)
Good is Gross (Free)
The Bloody Chef (Free)
Cleanliness is Close to Godliness (1300)
Hunger Pains (1100)
God among Predators (900)
The Maw Opens (600)
Slaughtermaster (300)
Gut Plate (Free)
Bloody Utensils (Free)
Cauldron of the Great Maw (0)

ALRIGHT YOUSE GRUNTZ so azz youse can see, I've krumped all yer bosses for tryin ta eat me just koz I's a biggun, for youse. Wurl, I'm here to tell youze that this iz not acceptable behavior for-

"WOT?"

Ugh. Er, I meanz...da Maw told me we doin' thingz all wrong. See how I's cookin' without gettin' bellyaches, for one? We gotta become a civilisation to appreciate da culinary artsch to dere full potential!

"Okay bawss, but why tho? Also why wez at da edge o' da Maw anyway"

Excellent kwestion! Also, itz Fistboss user, git it right. Okay, youse knowz youse gotta feed a beastie a bit o' flesh before youze tame it ya?

"Yez bawss" chorus hundreds of confused ogres, the ones in the back barely starting fights at all.

Wurl, I call diz lil' trick Comm-Mu-Nee-On.

And with that, I give straight into the maw, allowing it to consume me.

(Cont'd)

No.

It's been a while, but among the things on offer there were: An indefinite perfect defence, a reproduceable cure to the Great Curse, a means of creating more Alchemical Charms without access to Autocthon and personal Essence recovery boosters greater than anything statted in the setting.

It's been ages since I looked at it, though.

How is Val so amazing? They put out jump after jump. And they're not short cheap jumps but great quality jumps.

Hell I'm tempted to start making requests and see if Val is willing to make any of them.

Make your requests some of Red's jumps.

God knows the two hate each other. Maybe Val will finally replace the pieces of shit we have.

They're limited to the Perks that you have in Jump, because they're just Kami, but stuff you've learned over the years and stuff that can be taught is freely able to transition, as they do know what you did they just aren't able to get perk fiat. They can grow if you wish, though they don't count as companions if that's a thing you're going to ask. They're like a clone of you that is supposed to be specialized in being a Kami and thus they don't have perk fiat on things outside your Kamigawa choices.

Good for them!

... I'm not sure if that ork speech is needed. I can't remember the conversations that Ogres have in the books right now. Also howdy Garlock!

"BAWSSS"
"GET EM OUTTA DERE"
"I SWORE I THOUGH I WOZ A GONNAR, GONNAR BE A SACRIFICE TO DA MAW
"GET DOWN DARE HE DA BES SLAUGHTAMASTER WE GOTS"
"YOU GET DOWN DARE YOU GUBBINS-"

Meanwhile, somewhere inside of the Maw. Who's a good Chaos-entity?! Who wants a mutagenic artifact bone crafted from one of my cloned souls that will eventually turn you into my Behemoth? You do? You DO?! Sit! Stay! Play dead! Good boy!

And not half an hour later, I rise from the newly tamed Maw. See, boyz? Dis iz my body. Everythin I cook iz like, my body but, metaforikal

"WUT"

BEIN' NICE IS DA SECRET TO COOKING NICE THINGZ

"OKAY"

No seriously boyz, look, dis here cutlery's da dragon beyond da world Oramus' finest set, straight outta da Carnifex Guild. If you chop somewun in harf without dem bein' scared, dere flesh tastes mor tendah an' juicy!

"NOICE"
"COR, so iz dat knife like infininini...infininininity...grrrr, forevuh makin' meat?"

Yep! But dat's only for da fleshies! Dem chaos boyz is still only tasty when ded.

And so, I continued reinstating the Ogre race's original purpose by convincing them Chaos tastes really, really good.

Can't you hide an anima with Loom-Staring Deception?

I mean, on the one hand it IS an Ebby charm. But on the other hand, that's what Primordial Psychologist is for.

Looking back on last thread Val seems to be busy IRL apart from doing Tomb Kings aside, might want to hold off on requests for a while

Honestly I wuz-ahem, WAS thinking of Ogre Quest more than anything.

My Ogrish is totally nonexistent, though. I just figured they'd sound like that after a lifetime of broken animal carcass diets.

Val is just the most prolific jumpmaker we have. Heavens might be able to give her a run for her money but even he's a fair ways behind her. That's just how things are.

Anyone else having trouble opening files in the drive, or is it just me?

Might as well just give it to you.
Please note that this is an SB jump and is not on our drive.

>(Yozi) Cosmic Principle.
I read this as not being able to purchase the (Yozi) Cosmic Principle, but still being able to purchase, should they choose when they meet the pre-req's their own version, a (Devil-Tiger) Cosmic Principle. Remember DT are not Yozi.
Not suggesting that doing so is a good idea though. A DT really should have the freedom to craft a better version that doesn't strip away all abilities and attributes and make a DT into the sort of savant as the Primodrials and Yozi are.

All of that helps wonders. Thanks, Gaunlet!

contd.
Since the reception to the SB Generic Exalted Jump is pretty obviously skewed towards being negative, does anyone think that someone here might one day make a thread-accepted version?
Maybe a stupid question since we still don't have the full roster of Exalted jumps yet, but still I'm curious and would like to know your opinion.

>Either Cauldron Vials or Tinkertech Core
>why_not_both.jpg
inb4 not enough CP
But seriously, if you have a means to replicate the Cauldron Vials and a means to absorb the powers of someone else, Cauldron Vials are awesome.

I don't see any reason for it, when we've already got individual Exalted jumps. It'd only lose out on flavor and uniqueness.

>reinstating the Ogre race's original purpose by convincing them Chaos tastes really, really good.
Funnily enough that would likely work.

>thinking of Ogre Quest more than anything.
Okay then.

No prob. It's literally something I do for fun.

Thanks, user.

>The Great Curse stays post-jump unless you pay 500 CP
Wow, that's... not great.

It's skewed towards being negative because there's no point trying to argue against the people who are vocally aggressive about it. It's no different from people hating on another SB jumpmaker's jumps like Dirge or SJ-Chan. The people that hate the jump will always scream the loudest about it.