/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm (embed)

>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/mayday-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Have you ever played Vampire in the World of Future Darkness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_Tj4bJ0VFw
youtube.com/watch?v=NhGoZLudKyk
youtube.com/watch?v=WrMtGbFKFk8
youtu.be/ySGSb3pCUEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Masters aren't rare, are they?

There isn't a surplus but they aren't exactly uncommon either.

Still waiting for that Dad Space conversion.

On a serious note I would give Chronicles of Shadowrun a go

Mages are rare as hell, but they're also quite survivable.
So Masters are quite uncommon, but not rare within Mage society, but vanishingly rare outside of it.
Still, a world city might only have an odd two dozen Mages in it.

Also to get to the position of Mastery takes wisdom through experience, so you're unlikely to find one who doesn't know exactly how best to wield his favored Arcanum.

Still partying, not even bump limit can deter me.
youtube.com/watch?v=L_Tj4bJ0VFw
Btw Might cocteau twins fit a changeling setting well?

DaveB once handed out an interesting statistical piece, including a population percentage based on Gnosis.
It was as follows.

Gnosis
>8 - 1%
>7 - 4%
>6 - 10%
>5 - 29%
>4 - 30%
>3 - 21%
>2 - 3%
>1 - 1%

Each Path also represents 18 - 22% of the total population as well. 1/5 effectively, as dictated perhaps by the bias of the Watchtowers.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhGoZLudKyk

Oh lord could some fae bring me the fingers of carolyn

A vampire would only need to be exceeding 1800~ mph to dodge a bullet if they were standing still and doing some Matrix type shit as opposed to using the Initiative that Celerity gives them to just zip off before the gun is fired, and then be much harder to hit following that because guess what, they're moving as fast as a car and are considerably smaller.

That's my entire point.

>Changeling 20
>OPP still doesn't recognize that a modern sect of Nockers has to be out there building Buck Rogers-esque rocketships and rayguns and wearing silvery finned pajamas

You're retarded. Celerity is total Matrix bullet dodging. My vampire is the fucking Flash. Fuck off.

>Masters make up nearly half the Mage population.

Unmaking galore. Thanks DaveB

This would make sense IMHO. Compare to vampire - your average vamp would be ancillae or elder that got up from torpor some time ago. That would make them around 3-5 BP as this both gives you oomph and is manageable.

With mages I always imagined adepts were the backbone of that society

Those statistics were based on 1e Legacy factors, which were supported by statements that each Mage upon finishing their training was supposed to be able to join a Legacy.

Since minimum Legacy requirements have dropped to Gnosis 2, with people able to make substantive progress on learning the skills needed to join from Gnosis 1, I'd assume that the curve is going to be even more front heavy.

With probably like as much as 5% at Gnosis 1, with another 35% in Gnosis 2-3.

Dave should just conjure up some updated statistics to appease his loyal devotees.

Indeed. The meat I would assume would fall within Gnosis 1-4.
With Gnosis 5-6 for those powerful Mages who run the Convocations, and are likely the power players (if not leaders) of the Orders.

With Mages who hit 7+ pondering Archmastery and Ascension, and moving away from both Orders.

So I got good answers last thread(thanks mate) but maybe there are some additional points to be made about that.

In short I'm going to use my occult detective-scientist vamp in WtF game but I wonder how much of WtF(with I don't know much about) is made up of combat and how much time investigation and discovery play in it

DaveB is a cruel and fickle god.

He still hasn't released the Mage FAQ, to say nothing of finishing Signs of Sorcery. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for updated mage demographics.

>Signs of Sorcery
>Mage FAQ
I'm all prettied up for the sweet release(s)

FUCKING WOO
I got my vitamins a bit ahead of time. Can I have a woo? Actually I don't care. Now it's dancedancedance
youtube.com/watch?v=WrMtGbFKFk8
Ima go and horse around, horse around with a couple of dewy blossoms. Horse around with horsegirls. They dress in black and have awesome hair.

The very point of WtF is "the wolf must hunt".
Sure you can be their lab-bitch, but every single Uratha gets special forms which help them hunt.
Regardless of what they want to specialsie in.
Even the "storyteller" auspice gets a power which lets them inspire their pack to greater feats of brutality.

You're bringing a nerd from a social maneuvring splat into a game about heavily armed spiritual border patrol.

There's a fair chance that they assumed that Changeling players wouldn't need any sidebars of that nature.

Oh I agree with that assesment but I'm also bringing in my pc like that to see if I can make out something interesting out of it. Otherwise I might just slap a khaibit together and go to town

>Sure you can be their lab-bitch, but every single Uratha gets special forms which help them hunt.

Is the whole "you must hunt every X period of time or you suffer penalties" still in Forsaken 2E?

What is the world ending event for each supernatural?

There's Gehenna, Apocalypse and...

Nephandi shenanigans.

Never being played in the case of changeling

Planning vampire the requiem game
>ventrue population banished to a countryside burb because malkavia
>eventually plan for players to uncover a plot to resurrect The Camarilla.

I got further plans but this is the base really. Rate me

Wraith*

FTFY

I understand those are ventrue in a single city? Or everywhere?

>eventually plan for players to uncover a plot to resurrect The Camarilla.

What have Romans ever do for us?

>plot to resurrect The Camarilla.

I never read Requiem for Rome. Was Requiem's Camarilla what we know from Masquerade only in Roman times or something else?

In name only. It was first large covenant of vampires but it was mostly tied to Roman Empire. Invictus if I remember correctly started as Senex-ruling body of Camarilla

Just the single city. The plot is made purely out of exile induced rage and malkavia based madness justifies it.

Hmm I see. I guess it's ok but how are covenants of your city handling sudden dumping of probably large part of their leadership?

When you use celerity to dodge bullets you aren't moving faster than a bullet, all you're doing is jerking your body out of the way in the instant before the trigger is pulled.

Do people do new WoD game mechanics with classic WoD lore?

If you want something like old Camarilla grab Danse Macabre book and use Invictus with Prima Invicta(global vampire conspiracy hiding behind it)

Based on sources I've read, and how 2E all but outright states malkavia can be contracted by vampires outside clan ventrue. It's an acceptable loss.

Should be fun. What are you planning for the camarilla plot?

Depends on how my players respond. I'm planning a lot of puppeteering to be going on in the background. Sorry about the vagueness i know at least one of my players browse this board so I'm worried about spoiling

I understand. One thing I would be worried about is a lot of plot going outside of pcs sight but outside of that concept s fine IMHO

It's been done. I don't think it's a great idea but whatever.

Sure. It's what Translation Guide exists for. No idea how well it works with Requiem 2E, though.

WOO!
youtu.be/ySGSb3pCUEM

Ok you need to chill

He wanted a woo

This

Was planning to do a dead space/VtM cross over.

Game would take place on the sprawl (titan station)

Starting generation would be 15 since its the future, the clans would be a little different (not sure how though)

Wouldn't go full necromorphs the first few games, just average camarilla stuff on a space station.

And then a few games later, release the hounds.

So would a vacuum cleaner work on a vampire in mist form? Could you just carry around a little dustbuster?

>Dad Space
Somewhere in this vast cosmos is a son! I will teach him to throw a football!

Not a vampire, but a mage. Far,far future. Earth forgotten and lost. Humanity reach immortality through clonning and mind transfer. Some thing mage related - watchtowers gone, no link to the supernal, all awakenings are basicaly launching soul through arcane powered "railgun" into the abyss. 99% its bring back monsters, 1% its a mage without path.
There is only one mage organization. Its goals basically survival of the magic and making new mages, since knowledge behind soulrails long gone.
Only people who never died(and thus using original, no cloned bodies) can awaken.
All who died and reborn are sleepwalkers.
Something make stars go supernova in systems where soul rails hidden.

Speaking of, can someone please tell me how the hell Gargoyles can be made in Modern Nights? I swear the books contradict themselves. Either they need a ritual, or it's a regular embrace like other vampires, or even breeding? One of the books mentioned breeding as if they can do that to create gargoyles. I am so confused now

>starting generation
>15

Are you for real?

That's literally worse than thinbloods.

There's a ritual. I don't know what it entails but creating a Gargoyle takes much more effort than an embrace.

Breeding?? I don't think the fuckers are particularly fertile

What was the date on the book? Revised to V20, Gargoyles embrace like any other vamp.

was thinking of rolling the generation thing a little back, make the real thin bloods the 16th 17th and 18th generation.

Cant really see any other solution.

Can a ghoul, gargoyle, thinblood or similar diablerize another vampire? What happens then?

How about Blood Potency from VtR? Hear me out. Play after Gehenna in with most vampires died out and only weakest ones survived by staying under the radar. Then after years of moping they pick up slack with their blood thickening and powers increasing.

Obviously Dead Space took place 500 years into the future so you would have former thin bloods as strong as methuselahs. Bah you could probably replace brother moons with former 13 gens going full antediluvian and trying to eat everything in their way.

Yay or nay?

I dont know, i usually shave away a ton of the weird meta plot stuff, Gehenna included.

I think im just gonna say that, hey just like were wrong about 13 being the last, 15th wasn't the last generation either, and it actually goes down to 17th.

16th gens would be locked at 2 discipline points and 17ths would only have 1.

Also i feel starting players at 15th gives them more reason to play the generation game, as every generation point gives some benefit apart from like 1 extra blood point.

Will also make diablerie all that more tempting.

No, yes, yes. Blood Hunt.

In oWoD, it might actually work. The discipline description says that a vampire might have to roll something to not be carried away by wind (I think it was Potence if they have it, can't remember now)

I swear either V20 or Dark Ages V20 had the word "breeding". That was the only clan that had that word which is why I got very confused.

But the books also mentioned the regular embrace as opposed to the ritual too. It's like there's at least 2 different ways to create a gargoyle

Assuming they don't get Blood Hunted what happens?

Also, what about a half vampire?

Unless the diablery victim was an especially unliked vampire, had a blood hunt put on them, or some other plot convenience. Otherwise if you commit diablery its best to skip town and head to another state

My scion is working towards getting 3 pieces of the Lance of Longinus.

What sort of stuff should it be able to do?

He's the son of the morningstar

>Can a ghoul, gargoyle, thinblood or similar diablerize another vampire? What happens then?

Gargoyles and Thinbloods can diablerize vampires just fine. Ghouls can't.

As for Gargoyles and Thinbloods, diablerie for them is just like diablerie for other vampires. Heck, one of the reasons why thinbloods aren't trusted is because they're so weak that a lot of vamps figure "Yeah, if anyone's gonna be tempted to commit diablerie, it's gonna be THOSE guys, since they got nothin' to lose... better take 'em out now, just to be sure".

>Speaking of, can someone please tell me how the hell Gargoyles can be made in Modern Nights?

Gargoyles can be made through both ritual and embracing. But, due to the rules of the Camarilla, the Tremere don't practice that ritual anymore. Officially, at least, and if anyone got evidence of them doing it, there would be Chantries burning the same night.

But yeah, Gargoyles underwent a mutation in their blood. They used to be "sterile", like the Blood Brothers, but their blood (probably the Gangrel blood in the mix, to be specific) decided "FUCK THAT SHIT" and promptly made it possible for them to embrace. Gangrel blood's a lot like the blood in "The Thing", actually; it wants to survive and spread, and it will mutate and shift in order to ensure its continued existence.

Never heard about breeding, but I'd throw it to the wayside, that shit doesn't sound fun to incorporate.

>was thinking of rolling the generation thing a little back, make the real thin bloods the 16th 17th and 18th generation.

Fun fact, in the V20 lore (from the upcoming Beckett's Jyhad Diary), the 14th generation is starting to "stabilize" and stop being thinblooded, with some thinblooded starting to show signs of their clan weaknesses, just like how the 13th gen stopped being thinblooded after the Dark Ages and became a "regular" generation.

There's also a 16th Gen vampire in the book, with the hint that a lot more 16th Gens are coming.

>Also, what about a half vampire?

You mean a dhampir? Dhampirs are, at their core, just a "natural" Revenant (inbred ghoul) and thus still human. Humans can't diablerize, so unless the Dhampir was embraced, they wouldn't be able to diablerize.

If the victim was lower in gen, the diablerist gets one gen lower (might even be more if the different in generations is more than a few)

They will temporary gain some disciplines of the one they killed but might later spend xp to learn them permanently

And they might get possessed by the one they tried to eat. The best part

So if a werewolf figured out how to use a computer, could he use it to order used shoes off of craigs list?

I'm asking cause of reasons.

Living spell that autoremoves hubristic thoughts with Mind. Y/n?

Has the Technocracy/Traditions debate been settled?

Magic isn't real, doofus.

You mean if a werewolf remembered a common skill he would definitely have before the First Change assuming he was from any first or second world country? Yes.

Yes. They should all be destroyed.

Damn, this is me except I traded in my boots for New Balance years ago when I started working IT and now I just get baked instead of destroying my liver.

VtES is a great game regardless of theme I think, but being based around VtM doesn't seem to help its popularity. From my experience demoing, lorefags coming from playing the RPGs think its too complicated or not story focused enough, and casualfags aren't invested enough in the theme to hold their interest. It usually goes over best with people who like to play other cards games like Magic or Dominion.

Anyways, see you in Lackey, bro.

You can, just remember that it's always at some point going to end in fur and flying vital organs. Prepare yourself accordingly and make sure the fuzzies will put up with a lick in their midst, and there shouldn't be problems if the ST is smart.

Are all the lower depths horrible cancer universes or can some be sort of pleasant?

Ask your ST

The one thing I'm worried about is two guys are fresh WtA converts but that's it. Anyway I might be forced to pick up some better combat skills along the way

I'd say it's impossible to tell since it's a one way trip unless you're an archmage.

If a 'decent' lower depth exists they'd have no interest in invading our reality unlike their neighbors so the orders would have no knowledge of them.

Literally no one needs sidebars of that nature.

Armageddon for Demon.
Maelstrom for Wraith

Doesn't that entirely defeat the point of introducing the thinbloods, if you just keep introducing thinblooded generations and then stabilizing them?

They inevitably inherit some mannerisms or tastes of the diablerized guy or gal.

If the diablerized vampire was notably strong the guy who diablerized him might get possessed, like what happened to Tremere and Monty Coven.

It's called Eternal Winter for Changeling.

>Doesn't that entirely defeat the point of introducing the thinbloods, if you just keep introducing thinblooded generations and then stabilizing them?

Well, it's meant to be an effect of the blood growing more potent, which we've always known that blood can do. I mean, the 13th generation ended up stabilizing, so we already know its a thing in WoD.

But, the 16th Gen is notably weaker than even the 15th Gen, having a Discipline limit of two dots at max, the implication being that though blood stabilizes, vampires are *still* "breeding" too fast for the blood to catch up, meaning you've still got all the same problems as before.

Hey /CofD/, got a question about Werewolves for you.

So as far as I know Werewolves aren't actually immortal and can still die of old age. Is there anything in the game that could extend a werewolf's life indefinitely? Or make them fully immortal?

Like forming some kind of a spirit pact or eating other werewolves?

vampire blood

nope

drinking vampire blood lenghtens your life

Yes.

Don't 16th gens also have no fangs and take lethal damage instead of agg from sunlight?

Sure. The most plausible method would be for the Werewolf to ascend to become a full spirit instead of only half-spirit. This would have a lot of downsides though.

Honestly, there's not much point. Incredibly few werewolves die of old age.

So bros

is V20 worth it? What has changed?

I'm asking as kind of an old player of revised.

This is for a generational game that takes place over centuries. So the idea is that the characters spend a lot of down-time invetween "adventures" just living it up. I was either gonna go with the Werewolf passing the torch to his descendants or figure out a way to be immortal

Then just handwave it away that he made a pact with a spirit.

Is there a number to that? Like 1 vitae = 1 year?

V20's pretty good. I never played Revised, but I'm told that V20 is basically a cleanup and smoothing out of Revised. Revised 2e, if you will.

What kind of spirit would make such a pact? And what would be the terms?
Like pledging your eternal servitude to a spirit of death or time or something?

The canon for my games is that werewolves with high primal urge (e.g. 6+) are like the Krogan from mass effect. Due to their regeneration they're theoretically immortal but they live such violent lives you'll rarely see one older than a century.

Neat

To you or anyone else, I was told that they Updated the setting. I am unsure what is meant bu this.

I am...interested, especially if the game itself is separate from metaplot, as I found the metaplot to be very constricting, while also at the same time almost unavoidable.