Pictures of human beings facing a giant. Bonus point if it's in a medieval setting

Pictures of human beings facing a giant. Bonus point if it's in a medieval setting.

I'll contribute with something.

OP said human beings.

Any depiction of the Fingolfin vs Morgoth fight.

>inb4 it's an elf so it doesn't count
Most pics are pretty cool anyway.

Looks more like the giant is facing the human in this one

Morgoth is a big guy.

Never neglect Conan. He fought giants like one time, but that one time counted.

Menstruation can be a pretty messy thing.

not facing anyone but pretty cool

Patrician/10

Honestly I'm surprised no one beat me to it.

All giants I have left are horror/demonic/sci-fi/non athropomorphic

>non-anthropomorphic
Still do want

question for armor/metallurgy fags

could plates this large have been manufactured in this period

I'm almost certain they couldn't, but were you to do something like that in fantasy, it wouldn't break my suspension of disbelief.

Alrighty then

If a giant's wearing that, then surely a giant could have crafted it.

Technically speaking nothing that huge should be able to even walk: having such a large armor forged for him is the very least unbelievable thing in him.

Is this a manlet thread?
>tfw you'll never be 40ft tall
Why even live?

I think this is WoW fanart

cajero loma

captcha goes in last line

This has to be my favourite depiction of Morgoth

>when you don't know how to draw a consistent anthropomorphic figure so you just blend a bunch of vaguely defined limbs together and call it a "creature drawing"

>not liking weird monsters
not even a big fan of those examples but it sounds like you have bad taste

>it wouldn't break my suspension of disbelief.

not the guy you quoted, but i can't help but wonder, myself.
when i see an obviously real-world "mundane" object like that magnified to unrealistic proportions, my mind has a tendency to break continuity to go "nah", for just a moment. it doesn't completely go away either, i'm just running the sim with a realism offset/compensation from that point.

there's gotta be a scene where magical material is being woven on a city-wide scale by little gnomes

there's a way to do it, and it takes a lot more research and effort than what most people get away with.

Are you... actually autistic?
I don't know if you noticed, but we're not aiming at creating a realistic species here. One of them has a giant oversized assymetrical arm. And a gaping mouth. And burning eyeballs.
He would not have all these baroque, grandiloquent, grossly unrealistic characteristics, if the artist wasted time "doing research" you actual retard.

This image represents the Battle of Grunwald in 1410, where the Polish-Lithuanian Union won a huge victory over the German-Prussian Teutonic Order, which led to the eventual diminishing of the Order and the rise of the Polish-Lithuanian Union as the main power in the region.

Kind of agree. I want all their cloths to be a patchwork of skins and smaller stuff.

A giant in chain-mail would be cool too, maybe with some sort of welded together helmet.

I think he's point out how autistic you are for being bothered by a lack of realism in fantasy art.

idk y u guys gotta b so mad about someone else thinking critically about a thing

look here
a bit of research on how arms work, or how bones generally fit together, can only drive your creation way up.
why does that front arm look so visceral and cool?

then look at the angle of the back arm, and finally the back legs and tail

not a single section of this creature agrees with the next. the perspective is way off.

art has rules. even when the subject matter is "made up", it's not immune to critique. take this advice to your deviantart accounts. you will see a huge increase in fanbase if you put in the work, i guarantee it.

"realism" isn't the question, user. consistency is. you can draw a mutant/magical abomination with randomly placed limbs and still be smart about it.

still, even fantasy creatures have eyes that see. that's "realism". you fall back on reality more than you like to admit when designing these things. up is still up and down is still down. things get hurt when you hit them. monsters still bleed.

nice

Reminds me of terrorblade from dota

>This is what BRICs actually believes

where's canada?

those are human beings, thats just not a giant, (though it is gigantic)

its the russians and chinese: we don't even register to them.

I also like that the artist was retarded to include an economic group that is actually dominated by china and russia in the g20 as opposed to the more rational and actually correct choice in the g7.

goes to show just what the supposedly superior two autocratic nations are really like

technically incorrect, that's a personification of a nation.

Those are Russians and Chinese, not humans.

>nothing that huge should be able to even walk:
Why not

I really don't see how some of these people are going to beat those giants.

1000 pokes to their ankles

oh hey its demon souls artwork

Loved this game.