Modern General: Meme Cards Edition

Modern General: Meme Cards Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

channelfireball.com/articles/a-new-living-end-with-amonkhet-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you playing?

What are you brewing?

What are you hating?

What is a spicy sideboard card in your deck?

Why are there hedrons in Amonkhet?

skred

something with vehicles

gifts storm (i have an easier time as skred vs ad naus if i pithing needle lightning storm and hold up 4+ instant speed removal for a sideboarded lab man)

Insult // injury

Probably clash pack crap, or part of a deck builder toolkit.

Why are there pyramids in Zendikar?

List for the vehicle deck idea?

>tfw you btfo some shitty blue moon player by dropping double Wurmcoil engines

IT'S THE SAME PLACE

>new board

>Hour of Devastation with feature Eldrazi invading Amonkhet

Can we find this little guy a home? I really like the art

I've had good success with him in my draft decks

For real though it's probably a better delver in those low spell count delver decks that probably shouldn't be playing delvers anyway.

perhaps a grixis pyromancer shell? sort of like grxis control but lower to the ground, playing 4 pyromancers, 4 of these, some black delve threats, etc. I don't know if it would be good but it seems fun

working on it, maybe you can help me

i dont see it in any color combo other than w/b to just shore up the fact that vehicles/creatures that work with vehicles (well) are subpar, so i can just use discard/push/path to make the deck from 'bad' to 'mediocre'

Oh my god
I was wrong
It was zendikar
All a long
You finally made a monkey
Out of meeee

>battle for return to ravnica will have us fighting eldrazi trying to break the guildpact

>pithing needle lightning storm
Why have I never thought of that

>pithing needle lightning storm
That's some spicy tech my dude. I've never realized you could do that before.

URx Delver/Control decks will like him right? Has any results come out? I like him too and I hope he goes far.

It sounds brilliant in theory but in practice they will draw their deck, bounce the needle and pop you anyway.

Won't that just shut down Lightning Storm for you too?

I helped a friend test him in a U/R Delver shell. The Drake is a very solid beater as long as you can protect him.

>This is the skill level of your average poster here

I'd like him in rug delver but I have enough threats that get gimped by yard hate.

To be fair, Lightning Storm is a card that exists in some pretty weird design space and Pithing Needle isn't a terribly common sideboard card.

Bounce with what because I haven't seen anything that can bounce being used in ad naus

What level judge are you?

>you need to be a judge to understand basic card text
Love it my man

Echoing truth. Regardless they just win through lab man

What about running some kind of WR deck using depala and four drop Gideon for token spam to crew the vehicles. Honestly making a UWR artifact deck with some token making walkers doesn't seem like the worst route to take making vehicles. Plus it let's you use that improvise tutor in blue and mono blue tezz

Fuck actually the UWR route seems best.

>lightning storm an instant with active ability
>basic card

Sudden shock the lab maniac

>not understanding that "do something:make something happen" is an activated ability

Ah, the glimpse of a future without Blue, where White slowly got all the interaction.

Okay settle down big nerd you're better than me at magic rules, congrats at achieving that in your life.

With your chimp like iq I'd imagine I'm better than you at many things, you big baby

Yep you're so much smarter that's why you're so great at modern, the most intellectual format. Maybe you can teach me one day.

Lmao stay fucking salty

>Pithing Needle isn't a terribly common sideboard card.
Since when? Just about any deck that eats dirt when facing down Karn runs it. Hell I've seen people use it against burn decks to prevent the burn player from fetching.
I honestly don't know why more decks don't run needle.

UW Spirits

I was planning to build titanshift but I got fucked on a job opportunity and now I won't have the money, so I guess I'll slowly upgrade into bant spirits

Lantern. Seriously, fuck lantern

pic related

channelfireball.com/articles/a-new-living-end-with-amonkhet-2/

>mentions sweet split card tech
>no mention of Breaking/Entering
What the heck famalam

Okay buddy, take care now.

do you know that the rules about split cards are changed?
also, what's the upside in having breaking/entering in your LE build?

PV doesn't even play living end. This article is actually trash and only serves to try and sell cards.
You can instantly disregard anyone removing the land destruction plan from LE. Even TWoo. Sure he made the deck but he's more into cards that make friends with each other than competitive aspects. Much love, Travis here

I agree, almost every deck in legacy is packing 1-2 needles in their board and yet it is almost nonexistent in modern. It's a great card that belongs in every sideboard

What do you get from going bant?
Collected company or something?

>playing
Naya burn and grixis deaths shadow

> brewing
Currently working on a bw aristocrat deck with bone picker and the new black god but it's in a very beta stage.
>hating
Sun and moon. Not because it's annoying deck but because the guy who plays it where I play is awful. The place is super casual and small (the most we had was 15 and that's rare) so we all know each other well and are decent friends. In fact a lot of us go play commander after.
The guy who plays sun and moon takes advantage of everything. We usually give players the benefit of the doubt on things, don't check deck lists, and if someone makes a mistake like playing the wrong land or times the trigger wrong we usually let the, correct it. We also have a slightly mentally challenged guy that plays and it's an unwritten rule that he gets at least one win in the match. The sun and moon guy though preside boards, has a sideboard that's over 15 cards, and makes it so he has the perfect hand every time. The sideboard stuff he tries to hide by saying "oh I'm just making sure my sleeves are good" when he's actually putting in cards since he usually knows what everyone there plays. As for triggers if he Fucks one up he expects you to let him correct it but if you fuck up he won't give you the same courtesy. Like I played 8 rack against him and the rack deals damage at their upkeep. I forgot and mentioned it when he was drawing but he refused to take the damage since I didn't catch it right away even tho I let him correct 3 mistakes that match. He's never mulliganed but has had a leyline in opening hand every game. If you play burn he has leyline opening, chalice turn 2 and kor firewalker t3 every game without fail which shuts you down so you basically can't play. He doesn't let the autistic guy win and even makes fun of him. When the autistic guy beat him he basically slammed down his deck and stood in the corner until his next game.

That card is terrible. Play cryptic

Cont. We all hate him but his only friend therE is out only judge so the judge won't call him out on his shit. I'd go play somewhere else but I love everyone else there, the owner is cool, and it's really close. So now I build all decks with sun and moon hate in mind.

>spicy sideboard cards
For burn sideboard I put in ensnaring bridge and a lot of people think it's dumb but it has won me games that burn usually has a tough time against.
For grixis death shadow I have eidilon of the great revel in. It fucks up some decks and pumps up death's shadow

>We also have a slightly mentally challenged guy that plays and it's an unwritten rule that he gets at least one win in the match
Kys pls

Is this a meme card? I use it like one

Mono g devotion

>being nice to a handicapped friend means you should drink bleach

Comeon, man, we're were supposed to be better than this.

Coddling people is not nice. Kinda demeaning. Like you're all collectively agreeing he's less of a person

What is the deck you have had most fun playing, ever? Regardless of performance? I would like to pick up something fresh and fun, I am sick of constantly playing death's shadow. Assume cost is no issue.

So I wonder which autist is going to keep track of which shitdual has the oldest art and flavor text each time they get reprinted?

Living End.
>run a bunch of singletons and jank
>win anyway

I really like this meme,

I honestly don't know what that guys probblem is. He's also probably the guy who shits on new players since he feels they shouldn't playvthenga,E until they know everything about it

No. I just don't like retards

So you're self hating.

The most fun I've ever had playing magic was playing Legacy Worldgorger at stupidly casual FNM, playing what wight as well have been kitchen table.
Modern specifically, I would say Burn, hands down. Slamming Bolts all day long gives me a raging erection.
Recently I've been playing GB Tron with a playset of inquisitions and extractions. Its loads of fun.
I'm thinking about building Skred so I can slam stormbreath dragons like I'm playing Theros standard.

Didn't see that coming

My favorite deck I ran was actually one I ran by mistake. I was playing grixis deliver and wanted to put a card from my commander deck in. I think it was languish but I was in a hurry and accidentally grabbed nicol bolas the planeswalker in. I didn't realize it until I pulled him mid game. It was a grinds game and I actually was able to play him. Luckily it was a game against my friend who knew my deck and we started cracking up when he realized what happened. Ended up playing him 4 times that night and even got his ultimate off once and tied for first place.

I don't think it's terrible, seems good with snapcaster

Cryptic is good with snapcaster

Well I didn't say it was better than cryptic command, just that it's not terrible

>New Phyrexia Beseiged featuring Eldrazi vs Praetors

With how wizards thinks, I wouldn't doubt they thought this would be the next cryptic and have themselves a pat on the back

Hierarch, CoCo, Gavony

And auto losing to blood moon

Nobody plays blood moon

I never see it. The only people at my LGSs who show up with burn lists are retarded poor mongoloids. I run a few extra basics and keep a couple Pridemages in the sideboard just in case anyway.

>theros revolt
>elspeth comes back from the underworld to kill eldrazi and heliod

You fetch basics a good portion of the time and Hierarch gets all colors under blood moon

and sideboard shit like pridemage

Noble, company and township main + sideboard stuff. It makes the deck much more competitive versus UW as well

>Elspeth Then joins the gatewatch and gets her own legendary oath card in the following set.

As much as I love Elspeth, I almost don't want her to come back with current artists.

>I almost don't want her to come back with current artists.
forget about the bad art, with the current writers WotC employs they'll do something retarded like turning her into some SoCal valley girl who is a lesbian with chandra

nah dude elspeth will be a man in a woman's body who is also a zombie bound to liliana and tries to fuck jace

>printed Prized Amalgam, which sees literally no Standard play but made Dredge tier 1
>printed this guy which literally sees no Standard play but made Storm tier 1

I thought they hated those 2 decks? What is their goal?

Instead of attempting to ban out decks, instead manipulate how the deck operates to make it acceptable?

GGT was clearly a crutch, unbanned for the purpose of making Dredge exist. Then they took the crutch away when they thought the deck was strong enough to exist without it.

>tries to fuck jace
Nope, too heterosexual. Try again.
Now if you had said Ashiok we might have something to start working with.

>didn't even catch a T4 infinite combo from the same block that raped standard
>imploding wizards even had the faintest thought about modern when they printed baral and amalgam

I'm sure someone has the edit

>you will never skull-fuck Ashiok

Why live.

I can ignore the story and supplant it with my own flavor interpretations/headcanon, at least. Awful art is impossible to look past though.
I actually wouldn't hate a BW gold masked Elspeth planeswalking around, making zombie soldiers. It could be done well.

>"Death and chaos have no sway
>chaos has no sway....
Kek

>What are you playing?
Standard. I'd rather be playing modern but it runs from 10:00 to 12:00 at night at my FLGS.

>What are you brewing?
WB control for Standard.

>What are you hating?
WotC.

>What is a spicy sideboard card in your deck?
I keep my spice in my mainboard.

Except for all those people who play Blood Moon.

>skull-fuck Ashiok
How does that even work?

>Nope, too heterosexual. Try again.
Elspeth is the man in this situation

In a nightmare?

>new blocks story is socal valley girl elspeth and firey social outcast chandra rivalry that ends in hot boros lesbian love

Please wizards hire me as a creative director for the story

does there exist a good Shadowborn Apostle deck? I desperately want to try and make it work

Amalgam does see Standard play. The Amalgam decks just stopped playing because of Cat Combo but now that they're gone the Amalgam and Zombie decks are back.

>Pithing Needle isn't a terribly common sideboard card.
Then Magic really is dead.

I say the same thing about Naturalize in Standard.

If at any point Naturalize is not a playable sideboard card in Standard, someone has utterly fucked up.

It's actually even worse than that. Wrath of God (Fumigate) isn't even playable. Think on that.

Sorry it's not about Jace and Ajani you gay furry fuck.

Lanternbros usually run at least 3 or 4 between the main and side but I don't know if that counts since it's a pretty fringe strategy

t. Lantern player