What are some good grand strategy vidya where I can play The Imperium?

What are some good grand strategy vidya where I can play The Imperium?

So far all I've found is modded Stellaris which is actually pretty good. You can literally call alien empires xeno scum/xeno heretics, genocide captured alien worlds, there's an end game event that's almost literally the nids and you can even enter what's pretty much the warp and fight/worship the chaos gods

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864541681&searchtext=
moddb.com/games/stellaris/addons/europeans
google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/35843991
store.steampowered.com/app/446000/Stellar_Monarch/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_2
soundcloud.com/sterpcast
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855097786&
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910076962&
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697176062&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to answer your question: Stellaris.

You pretty much said it, it's the best 40k sim, at least in "grand" scale we have at the moment. As you said, we can literally recreate 40k inside even unmodded game.

>IoM, all it's sub-factions (including Mechanicum, Marines, Inquisition etc.) can be recreated using empire creator
>Eldar & all their sub-factions, Tau, Necrons etc. also can
>They introduced Hive Mind in latest dlc great for nids
>There are special government types with leaders such as God-Emperor, or the ones that allow you to become oldcrons and focus solely on extermination of other species.
>Can turn own race into machine to some degree (Mechanicum, crons)
>Can do multispecies, caste divided society (tau)
>there are totally-not-tyranids as an endgame crisis
>there are totally-not-enslavers as an endgame crisis
>there is totally-not-eye-of-terror as an endgame criss
>there is totally-not-a-warp with totally-not-chaos-gods granting you powers or ruin over your worlds
>can develop geneseed and gene-warriors
>there are "mutants" and other such subspecies
>there is sector/subsector split possible (required even)

And that's just unmodded game.

Also good to see I'm not the only one changing the names of the planets and fleets.

>You've got a grand strategy game where you can make anything from corporate bugs to hyper-religious, peace-loving Elves
>Nah I want to play the Imperium of Man

Try out Chapter Master.

Remember when Limmy was funny? Nah me neither.

As user alluded to stellaris also has tons of 40k related mods, for example
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864541681&searchtext=

don't forget the one essential mod
moddb.com/games/stellaris/addons/europeans

>moddb.com/games/stellaris/addons/europeans

I don't get the point of this mod. There are black Europeans, and Europeans with names like Muhammad and Omar. They're trying to hark back to an era in European history that never existed, some mythical age of homogeneity.

Yeah! How dare those white Europeans think they have ethnic ancestry! Don't they know that white people have no culture?

Looking at this thread, I'm thinking about putting together some way to play a given Stellaris race on tabletop. Probably use something like GURPS to have the most options, give each trait a set of (dis)advantages and a quirk, maybe 20 CP for each trait point, plus a quirk for each trait. Trying to do it with late-game species would almost certainly break down, specifically for Psychics, but it should work well enough for starter species, and it'll probably also work for the Biological Ascendancy traits.

European History is black history as much as white, you've had Muslims living in London and Africans living in Sweden since ancient times. Don't try to deny it

>Some mythical age of homogenity.

It wasn't mythical you dolt, Europe bar the Moorish occupation and the Turkish invasions were and still are light/white skin area. Fuck, that is why people have the fucking mod, because they don't let their politics obscure reality.

It doesn't fucking matter if a tiny population of people are named Muhammad or Omar, or fucking Bob. The general idea of the mod is to try and represent general populations of people that have existed for centuries.(Aka Europeans).

For Grand Strategy, Stellaris is your best bet, but I'm going to guess there's at least a shitty mod for most space 4x/gs style games. For just the combat with a little bit if out of combat management, there's the Dawn of War series of RTS games, and I think there's a few other 40keks rts out there.

Gonna need to see some proof and evidence for that absolutely absurd claim

Distant Worlds Universe had a 40k mod that looked pretty cool, but the download links I found are all dead.

Quien Elizabeth, having been excommunicated and now not having to respect the rules that says she can't trade/interact with Muslims and their money, invites a bunch of them in.

google.com/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/35843991

Source: Da Morte D'Arta

HOL UP

YOU MEAN

WHICHEVA NIG PULLZ DIS SWORD FROM DIS STONE IS KANG OF ALL ENGLAND AN SHIET

>16th century
>ancient times

These two things are not one in the same.

Of course it was mythical, get your head out of Nazi propaganda. PoC and Muslims have existed in Europe damn near as long as Whites themselves, and have had a proud, monumental effect on the continent since the early days as ministers, generals, even kings and inventors.

White people do not own Europe. Europeans do not have anymore a claim on their lands than an immigrant does, much as the world does not belong to those who insult the Prophet (as Obama eloquently put it when he was President.)

Give up, and enjoy a kebab. They're delicious, really!

>When the /pol/ and anti-/pol/ brigades arrive to ruin another thread.

Right, if that's what you're basing it on then Nigerian history might as well be both white and black even before the colonialist times.

That's a gyro. Also, black kings in Europe?

>inb4 Italians are black

I do concede that Muslims have had impact (see: Sicily as a case of ACTUAL MUSLIM IMPACT ON EUROPEAN HISTORY), but black kings is taking it a bit too far.

>Black Kings

I thought the "we wuz kangz" was just a meme. Do people actually believe this shit?

Yes. These same people will insist that a hundred or so traders and diplomats in the 16th century mean that Europe was always 30% non-white.

Not to mention Japan was a white country due to Portuguese traders.

Also Vietnam and China and Ethiopia and the entire region of India.

Man who even needs Europe when everywhere else is white as snow?

Peace is boring in Stellaris.

Peace is absurdly comfy when you've got a Huge galaxy with 7 Empires and a nice podcast to listen to.

You're dumb.

>ancient
>muslims
>islam didn't exist till the 7th century
>ancient

Ancient is pre 4 century BC, user

LITERAL WE WUZ

HAHAHA didnt know you actually existed

You know, normally I'd give you my 4/10 bait image, but considering that 3 people have replied to you as if you were serious, I have to commend you. Excellent work, shitposter-kun.

>there's an end game event that's almost literally the nids
I'll believe it when I see it. At this point, I've reached the boring endgame phase where I'm steamrolling everything and EVERY SINGLE TIME all I got was the Unbidden. I'm starting to believe the other engame crises are hoaxes.

>I've reached the boring endgame phase where I'm steamrolling everything *about 20 times*

That's a bug. 1.6 will be fixing that when it drops sometime this month. I'm thinking next week, because they dropped the patchnotes already, and they have only done that the week before release for other updates.

Possession of this Galaxy is Mankinds Birthright. The Stars are ours for the taking!

remove

I've never played it. and have no idea how good it is, but this is pretty blatantly great crusade simulator.

store.steampowered.com/app/446000/Stellar_Monarch/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_2

>Europe was always 30% non-white

Lots of Slavs and also Bretons, Basques, Sicilians etc. always plagued the continent.

The moron is still here baitin' fools...

Not Imperium, but does anyone still play Chapter Mast... I mean, Interstellar Army Simulator 2015?

nice b8

It's because they fixed the AI in 1.5 so now it is competent enaugh to research jump drives by the time end game crisis can occur. But since for all patches before the AI was too incompetent to get that far without having wormholes (which could sometimes get you psy jump drives if you had psyonic theory), the trigger for the unbidden were heavily overtuned so they would appear 1/3 of the time. Now that the number of jumpdrive ships in the galaxy has increased by orders of magnitude, the unbidden are so quick to trigger that the other two crisis basically never have a chance of snowballing their triggers fast enaugh, and since only one can happen per game the player would have to go extremely ham on Sentien AI to trigger evil skynet.

But the patch for that will drop next week, so that employing sentient AI can finally have an actual fucking risk again instead of being OP with no downside.

>Be Human Empire
>I made an materialistic xenophile pacifist Eldar Empire as another spawn Empire
>My technology was several tech ahead than theirs
>Were begging me to join their shitty federation
>declared WAR at them and conquered their stars in the name of mankind.
>Enslaved their entire population.
meanwhile I am allied with nid hivemind

Really enabled my amygdala

God Emperor bless that patriot.

Get the fuck out and go straight back to the subreddit from which you came
Do not come back.

What's your choice of podcast, my dude?

RIP

Haven't heard that in a long time

Quality thread Veeky Forums......

Salting the Earth
soundcloud.com/sterpcast

Patrician taste

To be honest I think there needs to be more peacetime stuff.
Disputes between bordering empires that can escalate to war, but can be solved by compromise instead. Foreign powers inciting/supporting insurgencies. That sort of thing.

Europa Universalis works better in this regard, because even if you personally are at peace, Vijayanagar (let's be real, it's going to be them) is unifying the Indian subcontinent, or Japan has got it's shit together and is invading Korea, or France is engaged in a Europe-wide power struggle with Austria, and a Colonial power struggle with England. I mean that the world has a dynamism that Stellaris really lacks.

Even the biggest Stellaris galaxies start feeling pretty small quite quickly. I guess that's a result of it being a 4x hybrid.
Personally I'd make insurgencies and xeno-resistance movements stronger, with more interactive sectors, shit like varying degrees of autonomy, to make holding together a centralised hetrogenous empire quite difficult. Also maybe a distance-based supply limit like navies have in EU.
Whether any of that would work or not, I have no clue

It was comfy until /pol/ showed up

When I first heard of sectors that's what I thought they were gonna be. Like the vassals in ck2 where you have to keep an eye on them lest they become more powerful than you are and rebel. But nope, its just some half cooked mechanic to reduce micro management

amen

I've been getting into Galactic Civ 3

Its alright for custom factions. Plus delicious custom portraits and workshop factions in the hundreds.
>tfw downloading 100s of random ones and playing a masive AI game with all these strange and ever diverse and interesting races. Knowibg the next game I play could act 100% differently.

played stellaris when it came out after i enjoyed stardrive 2. does stellaris still have this ugly to look space combat with these explosions from decades ago? im usually not that much for graphics but 4x games tend to have a habit of making the combat look fuck ugly, even though the rest of the game looks really good. its so out of place sometimes i dont get it.

so what are some good 4x sci fi vidyas you guys could recommend (and are kinda new and not that outdated)? first vidya in that regard i played was stardrive 2 there the combat was enjoyable

Whats combat like in Stel? Id like a new scifi strat but I might wait till endless space 2.

Hands off but one can do emergency retreat if it goes badly.

Basically standard for Paradox games - the interaction is in designing and building the fleet, and having the battle happen at the right place&time.

Hey, could this game be modded for a LotGH game, or something? Has it been?
I haven't played it.

>see muslims like ethnicity
>compare them to white
>implying they're no white muslims
that's racist man
in spain, betwen 711 and 1492 they have moors, arabs and berbers "kings" aka emir, calife (since 911)

Sort of.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855097786&
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=910076962&
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697176062&

Also get some station buff mods + tier 4 stations so you can recreate iserlohn and other LOGH fortresses.

Can you download maps, and stuff? With the right mods, is there a map to download for a LotGH game?
I'd buy this game if that was the case.

It still hurts. It was so promising.

No, you cant really do a pure LoGH game. Stellaris is balanced around having hundreds of stars per map and at least 10 or so starting empires. You theme your faction to be from LoGH but thats about it.

>I'd buy this game if that was the case.

Just pirate it tbqh

Get to watch atleast?

>Tfw you don't really love any of the ship designs
>Tfw you just want homeworld ship mods, but are resigned to reptilian ships.
Life is suffering

Stalinist revisionism at its finest

I have no idea what the purpose of the sectors should be. You got a core system limit like in crusader kings 2, which means that they should be an obstacle. But apart from stupid AI, there is no real negative side. The sectors can not rebel or the like.

Not since it had to change its name

Yes, pretty lights.

I have this exact problem. Human ships look ugly as sin, the only ones worth a damn are the lizard ones and they're still kinda shit.

I recall seeing a fascinating post that described the idea of Neutral Zones for peace-time, which are essentially a thin band of unclaimed space between Rival Empires full of unique intrigue event trees, privateering and other such activities.

So, any strategy games other than Stellaris where the Imperium of Man can show up?
Answer quick before the thread gets nuked.

Peace is boring, then you develop jumpdrives.

Then you realize how woefully unprepared the galaxy was for your sins against the gods of technology.

>Not playing AdMech Word Bearers.
>Not converting local populations to the glory of the machine
>not burrying the enemy under waves of converts
>not drinking spiritualist tears when you shed the flesh for good

Oh, we have such sights to show you.

The problem with Stellaris, at least with Utopia, is the restrictions.
Imperium of Man has the first level of all three Ascension Paths for example. Tons of cyborgs, the occasional psyker, and Gene Warriors.

>Not liking Avian ships
Why do you have such shit-taste?

>decent wars can only happen at least halfway through the game
>tech trading forces limited trading and is still overpowered
>mercs

I like the aesthetics of GalCiv 3 but so many of its gameplay ideas were poorly thought through.

It's true, could do with better music and ship designs too.

You know what else the Galaxy is unprepared for? Extradimensional energy vampires.

Sectors actually used to be able to rebel before Banks. If you had enough unhappy Pops they would start a rebellion.

I know in Utopia that it was reworked, where unhappy pops would migrate to planets with Pops that share their Faction/Ethics, and they can/will rebel if the Faction as a whole is unhappy enough.

The problem is happiness stacking is a bit too easy, so rebellions in player empires are rare. They are working on fixing this in Adams tho, by removing some extraneous happiness buildings and nerfing happiness buffs from certain buildings.

Thaaaat's what I meant.

Wait what happened? Did Duke drop the game or what?