Tell us about how the last campaign that you FINISHED went

Tell us about how the last campaign that you FINISHED went.

People who have never finished a campaign need not apply, this thread isn't for "how you've been doing so far". Completed stories only.

A good campaign is never finished, only on hold until the next generation or because the DM died of a drug overdose after we started wrapping up RIP Mike

Finished running my second Adeptus Evangelion campaign.

Only one and 5/6ths characters went insane, and cooler heads managed to prevail. Due to a hilarious and unprecedented sequence of events orchestrated by the players, all the giant robots get disarmed and all the angels but one get neutralized, and the one that doesn't has successfully managed to avoid detection and has fucked off into deep space. Humanity as a whole didn't get mindfucked, and things actually turned out OK in the end.

Until that last angel comes back anyway

Well, the campaign is over, and they can always re-build the Evas again if positron weapon platforms aren't enough and they feel that sacrificing thousands of immortal people is worth it.

Campaign ended with us getting Pelor to seal Demogorgon back into hell while we distracted the fucker with an orc,elf,dwarf and human army.

One player became the reincarnation of a great old one and got his elves to form a city in the sky.

Another player went on to lead a theocracy that had was on its way to the industrial revolution.

My character used the orc army to reunite a bunch of humans that became fractured because nobility left and demon god was running around. His game plan after that was to go invade the elves because orcs believe the forests were there's and the elves riced their asses and forced them to go to a wasteland.

Other character was a dragonborn but had the axe of dwarvish lords so he looked like a dwarf and they thought he was their one true king. So he decided to try to be a dwarven king.

Last character left a copy of his journal which detailed our adventure from day one. He apparently left to go fuck my character's sister and retire from adventuring.

demogorgon is a little bitch anyways

We lost hard and the sequel campaign will begin with the surviving party members in prison.

Successes:

>stopped insane scientist causing weird biotech singularity event to absorb planet's population into gaia entity

Failures:

>failed to stop Chinese fleet invading planet
>failed to evacuate city before it got nuked
>were responsible for that nuke being launched
>failed to apprehend mad scientist's supersoldier assistant, who is now working for Chinese occupation force
>got almost all their comrades killed
>accidentally got the attention of alien star god thing after disturbing ancient temple while fleeing Chinese invasion fleet
>indirectly caused a coup d'etat which led to their only ally's government being overthrown and their being declared enemies of the state

And on top of that

>my character was last seen on a suicide mission to rescue her family from a prison satellite, equipped only with a beat-up mech and six automated construction vehicles she was convinced were a super robot team
>the easygoing party face rockstar lost his band in the nuclear strike

We are completely fucked, this has gone full Tomino

It was a DH 2e game, finished last summer.
>Sent to investigate a feudal world in the middle of nowhere for heresy era artifacts.
>The notAztecs if the setting are corrupted and notVenice explodes into civil war as half interpret their domestic god as the emperor.
>notVenice falls apart and the rebels accidently summon demons.
>notAztecs form a coalition against the party and their allies.
>Party along with notVikings, notMongols, notRomans and survivors from the fall of notVenice fight to recover the artifacts and save their homeworld respectively.
>Recover the artifacts but planet falls.
>Party evacuates the loyalists/allies to be settled on an uninhabited but life supporting world.
>New planet with new techology flourishes and pumps out guard regiments.
>In the epilogue, 2 acolytes die to demons, 1 goes on to be a full inquisitor, 1 gets executed for summoning a demon to fight the other demons.

>Playing Curse of Strahd
>Party consists of me playing a valor bard, a cleric of Kelemvor, a warlock, a barbarian, some UA class that can build bombs, and a Tabaxi.
>Working on destroying his coffin to make sure he stays dead
>Strahd appears
>It turns out the warlock is his daughter who has been working against us in secret
>Strahd used Modify Memory on our cleric of Kelemvor in an earlier encounter so now the cleric thinks he serves Myrkul
>I continue dismantling the coffin while Strahd keeps monologing. Cleric stands guard to make sure I don't charge Strahd while the warlock stands next to Strahd
>Our barbarian is stoned off her ass from a drugged food she ate so she can't do anything
>Strahd offers our bomb builder access to his library in return for her service. She agrees
>It's Strahd plus three against me and a Tabaxi
>Tabaxi commits suicide
>My attempts at winning back the party fails. I mage hand the sun sword off the cleric's back and go down fighting the cleric. After the bomb builder joined Strahd I knew it was a lost cause

I was a bit salty at how the campaign ended. My bard already died a shitty death but I was allowed to bring him back as a revenant. Then the whole party either turned against him or were completely unhelpful. But such is life in Barovia I guess.

Finished a Pathfinder campaign centered around this mad scientist and her creations running amok. The scientist turned out to be the mother of one main character.

The final battle took place inside the mind of a lonely mutant mimic, who'd been friendly for most of the campaign but recently driven insane and given incredible power by a secret codeword. Within his mind, all his many friends cheered him on, and the party spent their time pointing out each in turn and how they're not actually his friends and don't really like him at all, at which point they'd go silent and disappear.

The last one left was his imaginary friend, a chest that he'd been living in all this time, his only true friend for most of the adventure. The discussion basically went like this.
>Party: "He's not even real!"
>Chest: "Yeah, they've got me there." *Disappears*

It was pretty depressing honestly.

I've got a couple promising campaigns going on right now. Maybe I can tell some new stories in a few months.

Someone who didn't quite like grimdark ran Dark Heresy for us.

We went back in time and killed Horus.

What a load of faggots
You included

After we failed to stop the genocide of the gods at the hands of a god-eating cosmic cloud, our party's wizard built a machine that condenses spirits into raw energy and drained hell to ascend as a being of raw power to replace every god's seat in the heavens.

His first act of God was to permanently sever the realm from rest of the multiverse to prevent the god-eating cloud from leaving the realm or other gods from finding it, but in doing so he accidentally cut the realm off from the source of magic forever. Being a creature of pure magic, he stopped existing instantly.

His floating country crashed to the earth and resulted in an extinction-level event that killed everyone in the world's Western hemisphere instantly, and plunged the Eastern hemisphere into a century of darkness.

Fortunately, the wizard had let those who were skeptical of his plan leave the realm and enter another that he had found before his ascension, so the campaign ended with the rest of the party showing up in a new world with 200,000 pilgrims from mass exodus to rebuild in a world not on the verge of destruction.

Stopped the cloud though, so hopefully whatever gods live in the new realm will be grateful.

Tpk by dm multiple 20s

They killed the evil dude and brought a cavern the size of a football stadium down on themselves to seal an evil off from the world. One player specifically orchestrated things, and all but one of the other players went along with it. That last dude managed to escape to the dimension of madness where he was torn apart by formless horrors.

>Dimension of madness
For fucks sake, i told my destination was Sparta.

It's about to get NWN2 in here.

>Tell us about how the last campaign that you FINISHED went.

We failed to kill the bad guy. Then we learned that he did nothing at all and our epic revenge plot didn't matter.

>but you had fun!
Yeah, don't even bother with the journey > destination shit. The whole game was "but you fail because BAD GUY IS GOD HERE" and everything was building up to him getting his comeuppance, only to end with a "lol no."

Well

We foiled the Amazon Queen's plan to destroy all men and replace them with horsecocked amazonians with a combination of guile, swords and "accidental" penetration.

It was fun, even if one of the party members opted to betray us in the last encounter

>Tell us about how the last campaign that you FINISHED went

The campaign ended (sorta), with my psionic becoming king, but losing his land and city, and ending up in living in a quiet mountain retreat, with his wife, and two sons.

The DM then rolled random class/stats for both sons, and without showing me what they were, asked if I wanted to continue the bloodline/setting. We did for a while and it was pretty fun. The other players dying off due to stupidity made me feel a little guilty about having IG "status and resources", that they wouldn't, so we eventually dropped it all, and started anew.

Some great fucking adventures from that game tho.

We shortcut the campaign by joining up with the forces of an insane extremist elf king to use his armies to storm a ritual exploiting the body of a dead god for power. The bad guys were going to use it to make the leader of their cult into a godlike being.

We stopped them, and then the elf king takes control of the situation and performs his own ritual. He has an army, we dont, so we cant do shit about it.

We didnt find out until later what it did: all humans now have full blooded elvish offspring regardless of the parents. He essentially has killed the human race within a generation and restored his dying people and we handed him the keys to do it.

Bad end, probably should have stayed on the rails.

Stannis won.

Our Black Crusade campaign ended with our Khornate warlord ascending to daemonhood in the smoking ruins of an Imperial hive we'd spent like ten sessions plotting to turn into a massive Warp gate. Then the massive, flaming monstrosity opened its jaws, steam hissing with every drop of rain that touched its molten skin, and said:

>"You know what? I always hated you guys."

And then he slaughtered us all, starting with the Slaaneshi sorcerer. Only the Heretek safely curled up in a command bunker on the other side of the continent managed to survive more than an hour, but he was run down by a pack of Flesh Hounds.

Campaign over.