Veeky Forums then

>Veeky Forums then
"Hey guys, I want to do X in my game! What stats/mechanics should I use?"
"Here's some stat and mechanic examples from this book."
"Isn't that a little too tough?"
"Alright, let's all hammer out the details, because we're all familiar with this system!"

>Veeky Forums now
"Hey guys, I want to do X in my game!"
"AUSTISTIC SCREECHING NOISE"
"YOU NEED TO USE MY SYSTEM, NOT YOUR SYSTEM"
"Why?"
"BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST SYSTEM."
"NO IT'S NOT."
"YES IT IS."
"NO IT'S NOT."
"Okay you guys, I'll just use his system. Now what?"
"MY GOAL IS ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED. GOOD LUCK FINDING ANYONE THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS MY SYSTEM TO HELP YOU OUT."

>Veeky Forums then

>Calm and collected voice of reason

>Veeky Forums now

>IM SILLY!

>Veeky Forums then
Random crazy Shit and arguing

>Veeky Forums now
Random crazy Shit and arguing... but without the understanding that it's all in good fun, and with much more mean-spirited behavior.

If you don't mind the grass being too green, there's a better rose tint across the way.

>Veeky Forums then
Mostly decent people, some dicks

>Veeky Forums now
Mostly decent people, some dicks

>Veeky Forums then

/d/ + questshit

>Veeky Forums now

No /d/ and no questshit, but more blackshirt 40k shills

>then
>elf slave wat do
>now
>metathreads about millennials.

Its always been mostly shit that people are content to shit on about instead of making content.

The latter only really applies when someone tries to shove something into D&D which really doesn't belong there. And that has always been the case. Even people who like D&D know it's stupid to try and take it outside its comfort zone.

Go away, you autistic troll. No one takes you anti-D&D cucks seriously.

What did I say that was anti-D&D?

You should use systems when they're appropriate and for things they're good at. That seems like a pretty obvious, non-controversial statement.

No but user how do I run a realistic Science fiction political game in pathfinder?

You don't! And that's the beauty of being able to properly assess the capabilities of RPG systems.

Then again, most systems straight up tell you what they're good for. Not always in the title, but decently often.

That's asking a bit much of the average D&3.PF player.

You're being memed lad
Or are you memeing yourself?
wheels within wheels, memes within memes

Fuck off with your "D&D can't do all the shit it's been always doing" trolling already.
You're trying to figure out how to get people to stop playing the game you think is too popular, even if you need to just repeat nonsense about what the game is capable of in hopes of proliferating your lie.

...It's a game called 'Dungeons and Dragons'. It's there in the title. What else would you want it to do?

Pic related for pretty much everyone on Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and the internet.

How many dragons are in Ravenloft?

If you mean meme as "information that is repeated" your pic-related is the human condition

No clue! Plenty of dungeons, though.

That's the original context, but I think the other meaning is more apt for most people.

That thing at the back certainly looks like a dragon.

>Veeky Forums then
A bunch of great people, a bunch of decent people, a few dicks.

>Veeky Forums now
Like before, but ten times as many of everyone. Unfortunately, this means that the dicks are more noticeable and thus they stand out more despite not being a larger proportion of the userbase.

/thread

user, he is clearly baiting

Knight of the Black Rose has a Red Dragon working for Strahd in his castle.

I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with anything outside of D&D. Did stats for megatheriums two days ago, but still waiting for my GM to establish their CR.

I might help you with other things. Tips for mythic greek fantasy, perhaps? Uncommon medieval technology? Weirdest bayonet ever? I read a lot of lots of stuff to do my table's setting.

i'm a relatively new D&D player (5e) and I'm actually going to be DMing my very first session tomorrow. One thing that has always bothered me since I started playing really is the dependence on dice rolls. The part about the moose head in that pamphlet was what really clicked with me.

I don't want to throw out the rule book entirely but this pamphlet inspired me to keep the rules as flexible as possible to allow for more depth and meaningful choices, within reason.