Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1483: Highly Responcive Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFoABWYv0rE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Responsive is spelled with an s.

Rolled 453 (1d816)

>Highly Responcive Edition
Uh, sure. It'll do.
Rolling for jump topic, if I don't screw it up.

>Highly Responcive Edition
>Responcive
Did you intentionally misspell that?

>Did you intentionally misspell that?
No, I just wasn't paying attention when I typed it up for if it was spelled correctly.

Lord of Light.

So, did you carry a Bright Spear, and if so, what form did it take? Were you a demon? What aspects did you go for?

Would Civ's Realm of Myths allow me to walk on clouds?

Origin: Drop-In

Perks: 300
Merchant Dungeoneer (50)
Just Business (100)
It's All Fun And Games (150)

Dungeon: 400
Prototype Heart (100)
Slime Elemental Dungeon (Free)
Living (150)
Flooding (Free)
The Floor is Lava! (150)

Monsters: 500
Binding (100)
Companion Boss (100)
Monster Safety (50)
Special Qualities - Ethereal, Bloody, Delicious, Humanoid Form, Smart (250)

Dungeon Perks: 200
AESTHETIC (50)
Musical Dungeon (50)
Magical Integration (100)

Consequence Tablet (200)

Dungeon's Master Specials (200)
Zerakule: Slime Knight, Stat Boost x2 Each, Unique Battle Music, Roaming Boss, Arena Control, Super Form.

Flare: Slime Dragon, Stat Boost x2 Each, Unique Battle Music, Super Form, Unique Ability, Roaming Boss.

Drawbacks: +800
Inneffectual (+200)
Plucky Adventurers (+200)
Mating Octopi (+200)
Adventurer's Guild (+200)

>>You're a slime?
>I never told you? Huh, guess I never told you about my original race.
>>I THOUGHT YOU TOLD HER.
>So did I.
>>I never thought...
>Eh, it's my fault really, I should have told you ages ago. Anyways, we have a dungeon now!
>>A dungeon that's made entirely out of slime.
>Come on, slime is the best element!
>>AT LEAST I'M A FIERY SLIME KNIGHT. I GET TO KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!
>>I never knew I would one day become a slime, it's a rather odd feeling. Not having anything solid in my form, yet maintaining firmness.
>I'm going to have to renovate the safe floors, maybe make it a bit carnival like. I wonder how many adventurers will think that water breathing potions work on slime? Well, the consequence tablet makes my dungeon non-lethal at least.
>>You have it set to transform people into slime girls.
>Temporarily I assure you.

Roll list
2.Terminator
3.Final Fantasy 1
4.Slime Rancher
5.League of Legends
6.R-Type
7.Ravenloft
8.Super Mario RPG

Queue: I need a new number 1!

Garzey's Wing.

What's the best way to combine different magical items together? Is there any equivalent of HYDRA Blueprints for magical equipment?

Lord of Light is the one where people go to pick up Eight Fold Noble Path right? How good are Aspects?

Go to Recettear to pick up item breeding.

I'm posting this before I sleep, so I won't be able to answer questions until tomorrow.

On another note, does anyone have any useful links to magic at the time since I know little about it? should I include it or leave it to the jump of one of the next books? lastly feedback and suggestions are welcome.

???(600) Discount Demon: Mankind prides itself in being above animals, possessing the capacity of thought and reason, but you know the truth about the nature of man. They are more close to pigs and other filthy animals than they think, requiring just a simple push and they will end up overcomed by their primal desires. Whether solely by your mere presence or by a more active approach you now have the ability to awaken this primal nature. Creating degeneracy of the likes seen in Sodom and Gomorrah will be as easy as lifting a finger, with the more people succumbing to their nature the more your power and reach will increase. Perhaps you will be able to corrupt God's chosen ones and his loyal soldiers with time and experience.

Well that's super handy. Thanks! Is there anything that would let you carry across more than a single trait? It would be a shame to lose the majority of an items power.

>Sin inducement

All of my yes. My chain definitively needs more of this kind of stuff.

There's an item in Aion that can fuse items too. There's also Sburb alchemy bullshit

What are some good training perks?

>monstergirl hunting monsterhunters

But what happens when the hunter becomes the hunted? This. This is what happens.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFoABWYv0rE

For weapons, FF13-2 has a useful recombinations template. Otherwise I'd like to recommend Trigram Knowledge and the related cauldron from Journey to the West, which could smelt divinities.

Trigrams already alchemise things with mystic representations of reality, so forging most magical items together shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

That sounds fairly folk hero-y, I'd think so.

Now I wonder if there's a Raksha Charm for that...

>Bright Spear

I was around before those were invented.

>Were you a demon

I was part of a scouting misison with the first colonists. In typical Prometheus fashion things went wrong FAST, most of my crew were killed by rock-chucking energy beings and I only survived by challenging Taraka to a children's card game.

And then he somehow argued that because there weren't any cards on the planet, Dark Bribe should let him imprison another Rakshasa in my brain in exchange for fanning the flames of my atman.

>aspect

Originally it was some kind of quantum lock field used for preserving food, fuel and other consummables during the voyage. But after the Rakshasa went me back more or less in a coma, the eggheads found out it was as effective as electrokinesis at dissipating energy beings. After remotely shocking me a few times to activate it.

Once the demon was "exorcised" by way of mutual respect (and equally assured destruction), I found myself playing defence shoring up settlements with barriers while Sam took point. In time I would apparently become remembered as Vishnu the Preserver, holder of the aspect of Stasis.

As elemental abilities go? They're astounding in precision; electricity translates into tricking DNA scanners, night becomes a selective cloak on the battlefield and the most powerful Rakshasa withers in seconds to death's gaze. After Yama was winded from fighting other people and then sneak attacked, to boot.

Their raw power only shines when synergised with the local technology; Sam zaps an entire army into defeat when wearing his belt, and it takes all his concentration just to levitate without it. While he's being interrogated, there's a chap who used his aspect to build rooms that transmit emotions at people. And the original Agni could snipe someone across a mountain when using his aspect of fire on his wand; apparently he also scorched the moon's surface with it in the past.

I have to wonder if Yama's aspect somehow applied to his red robe too, because at one point Agni tried doing the same thing at him in an enclosed ship. This made everything explode, except for Yama.

Training Takes Time if you have money.

I don't get it

Dude, just get the walk on anything perk from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

So understated.

Hyperkinesis + Savant is an easy early combo.

Enhanced Mastery from Worm
All Star Training from Batman: The Animated Series

…I don't think we have a perk for that.
But we should.
Pissing so hard you can gouge steel is an amazing talent.
Imagine the autopsy report on someone you killed like that.
>Subject was decapitated… by a pressurized blast of urine.
>Jesus Christ, I quit.

I haven't been here in almost a thousand threads. How much more autistic did the chain become?

We have 800 jumps now.

I'm...pretty sure the pillar man-like physiology in JoJo can do it actually. I mean Wamuu can already draw blood just with wind, and Esidisi uses another kind of bodily fluid in battle. And also can apparently compress his stomach hard enough to withstand swallowed dynamite with flesh.

Or you could use that Smite perk for channeling magic through your body and a custom Control Water spell from Mage: the Awakening.

Or heck, since that telekinesis from the Marvel jump scales with the rarity of the thing controlled urinekinesis would probably be really strong.

Or if you want authentic urine for some reason, you could just drink a lot of water and wait for the Quantum Evolution shard to get the message. Or just modify your bladder with EVO. Or use the Street Sharks geneslamming to modify the Terra Formars surgery technology so that archer fish mosaic organ mutates your bladder.

The urine powers are out there, you just gotta know where to look

I'm not sure. A lot?

That's not much. That means it less than doubled in what, two years?

Terra Formars was getting remade right? Are there any updates on how that's going?

Much appreciated.

Pretty sure only Dragon-Blooded forbids podding them.

>I have no clue, honestly. If I had to guess, with my limited knowledge of Lunars, I'd say it would probably affect your true forms but not your false shapes.
Sounds about right to me. Only the true forms are actually altforms anyway.

Huh, that's actually a pretty cool idea. Thanks user, I'll put that in.

A whole damn lot more. New jumps seem to have slowed down though.

>New jumps seem to have slowed down though.
Well, considering that people are either working or preparing for the finals, it's no surprise that we hardly have any new jumps these days.

That's me! Hullo! It's going well. Slowly. You Americans around here are just finishing up with finals but over here we're only just starting to enter crunchyland and wew is it not easy. It'd be nice if I could have V's endless muse but I actually can't manage school and jumps at once so work is slowly proceeding. Here is hoping I can get it done faster next month when holidays start.

Where did all the old namefags go? Red, that void Gestalt, Mother, that Guy into monsters, that little Blue girl, etc?

All are here except Mommy, who left thank god.

We're still getting them at a pretty decent pace. According to the jump lists, we average almost a new jump per day (but of course they're usually posted in clusters, at the ends of weekends or higher rates around holidays rather than evenly one each day of the week).
This doesn't count updates or revamps, either (since those don't affect the jump list's total figure).

At least this user's quite responsive

Ugh. I used to be so into this. Had a huge chain going.

Convince me to become one of you again? Or don't and spare me that fate.

get out while you can. We are the most autistic thread on The most autistic board on all of Veeky Forums

It's not really difficult to start new chains though. I just started a new one less than an hour ago, and I've already gotten 20 jumps in.

It was actually really fun until I lost sight of my goal and the whole thing became purposeless.

If I do it, I want to have a fun goal. Something sane. Not for example collecting the skulls of my fav chars in jumps, preserving them, and skullfucking them from time to time. Haha. That wouldn't be sane.

Hey digger and or heavens I'm doing shadow realm,and what are the relative power levels of the upper level angels, demons,dragons and machines? if, for example, I took the Archfiend Black Skull Dragon Drawback and the Machine King - 3000 B.C drawback would I be at a comparable power level to them If I took Archlord,dark energy and Archfiend’s Roar?

Lets say I want to be able to summon my (existing) allies into battle. What perk can be used for that?

I mean, most people here just have some basic thing they want to do in every world, like fix all the problems or fight everybody. Overarching goals for a chain are by default whatever you want to do; if nothing else, you could aim to spark, but basically no one does that.

If they're companions, Heel from Nintendogs.

>fix every problem
>fight everybody

Do people actually do that?

I mean I try to but apparently that's also a problem since I Do not have a human mind

How about going around collecting molds of your favourite character's dicks and making a multiversal dildo collection?

Which perks do you think would affect Nen in HxH?

It's one of the Jumps I really want to be autistically powerful.

>How much more autistic did the chain become?

I think we hit our maximum capacity for autism relatively early on but you'll be pleased to hear that we've definitely sustained those levels.

Ki/Spirit boosters are a given. Maybe DETERMINATION type stuff too, since vows and limitations are how people typically power up their Nen. Having the raw balls to make a vow like "I will explode and die a painful death if I'm anything less than perfect" would be a huge power boost.

I wonder if you could trick the Hatsu system by creating vows and restrictions that either don't affect a Jumper or that you can abuse as a Jumper...

Example. Everytime I use my hatsu I will lose the equivalent of 1 million dollar in local currency.

Should be a huge restriction/vow but not so much if you're a Jumper with rank S Golden Soul from Fate.

>get stuck in Traverse Town with no memories

Would the Final Fantasy crew take me in?

does greek myth have waifus?

>trick the Hatsu system
I wanna say the answer would be a resounding "no." There's probably a better way to say this, and I'm probably saying it wrong, but vows work because Nen is partly mental. By limiting yourself in some way, you focus yourself and make yourself stronger.

As an example, it's kind of like taking all but one bullet out of your gun before you take the shot. Since you're limited, you're going to take it really seriously and the pressure will make you aim better than you could have if you had six bullets.

So, for that reason, a vow or restriction that you know isn't limiting would barely, if at all, increase your power.

I think we're actually on the down slope of autism. Like a few months ago it was worse than it is now, least in my own opinion.

Most names are still around, and we've accumulated more. Mommy is gone. Which guy into monsters?

How about trying to make a comprehensive storyline for your character? Taking things slow and stuff while sitting down and trying to develop relationships, projects and moments in your chain from the perspective of your character.

Hey, if you weren't around when it started flying into use, download CherryTree or OneNote or something. I can't really tell you about OneNote, but CherryTree was fanfuckingtastic for keeping track of builds and shit for chains.

You? No.

Try showering once in a while.

Take the King perk in the Chimera Ant origin and you can dickslap pretty much everything except Meruem. Which, depending on how you wank it, isn't much of a problem, as you likely /are/ Meruem.

Stop. Don't remind me how bad the HxH jump is.

Yes, but not any you'd want. Well, maybe Athena, but I'm sure she's got subscriptions like every other God, it's been a while since I looked into Greek mythology

Persephone seems chill. But the last guys that tried to steal her from Hades had a BAD TIME.

>projecting

How would I bring the GEoM back from his...reign as skeletor and to full health?

It depends, do you have the Keyblade or are extremely talented fighter/whatever you do? If so then they probably will and definitely will if you have a Keyblade, they always can use good fighters.

>JUMPER joined the party!

If not then they'd probably just direct you to wherever all the refugees from the destroyed worlds stay. The game never shows what a world refugee in Traverse town actually do beside stand around but I assume that they have a plan so as to not crawl around the Heartless infested streets and to make a living.

Asked a while back but-anyone have good ideas to cure the Jadeborn back from their stunted castes state into a swole technoelf master race again? One that doesn't involve Autocthon if possible.

Also-what's a cooler name for an artifact narrative bioweapon: The Lunaphage, or the Lunarphage?

Finally, if you use Noble Phantasm construction techniques and artifact construction techniques at the same time would you say the end result counts as an Artifact or a Noble Phantasm?

I...guess there's Hestia and Hecate? Everyone knows about what a nice girl Hestia is. And Hecate chaperons Persephone back and forth from the Underworld, is famous for protecting mortals from evil spirits and in one myth actually adopted Galinthias as a patron. Who cursed to lose her vagina by the Fates, as a favor to Hera who was trying to prevent Heracles from being born. Also turned into a polecat.

Most of the others (mainly nymphs) are already taken. Typhaon's particularly lucky, his snekfu Echidna is pure.

And remember that time some nymph tried to get HADES to cheat on her?

The underworld power couple is all about commitment.

Sailor Moon has a perk called Revivification based on the thing villains do to revive their bosses from a corpselike/sealed state. A reverse-Goal of All Life is Death is also possible from Overlord, but took a very specific build-Angel, most of the magic specs/all the perks and native I think.

That includes Yuffie and Aerith right? Aren't they some of the nicest Final Fantasies? Unless you literally try to summon Meteor in order to destroy the Lifestream and summon Genova I don't see why not. Since he's technically still alive the Third might actually do the trick since the main problem is what's left of his soul is dangling and shattered out in the Warp.

...who's Mereum and why does the perk make you him? I don't remember anything about that in the notes

>never shows what the refugees do
Oh. Anyway, thanks.

I remember there being a perk somewhere that returns things to their natural state? I imagine anything like that would do the job.

Oh goddammit, what the hell is going on

YUFFIE: THE THIRD: ...also, is it just me or are the captchas that need you to click the same damn square that keeps fading in and out of existence taking longer?

>...also, is it just me or are the captchas that need you to click the same damn square that keeps fading in and out of existence taking longer?
It's faster to just get those wrong on purpose and do the next captcha instead.

Yuffie and Aerith, yeah, but they still need help smacking Heartless.

I mean, sure, the free perk lets you smack Heartless even without a magic weapon, but is that enough?

>if you use Noble Phantasm construction techniques and artifact construction techniques at the same time would you say the end result counts as an Artifact or a Noble Phantasm?
They aren't mutually exclusive necessarily. You could probably have an item classify as an artifact and a Noble Phantasm or just as an artifact, but not as just a Noble Phantasm even if you only made them using Noble Phantasm construction techniques simply because no one would be able to recognize a meaningful difference between an NP or an Artifact in Creation.

>Meruem

King of the Chimera Ants. They're all ridiculously powerful but the royal guard and especially their king even more so.

They have innate nen control and can learn in days what takes others decades. Their physical stats are also through the roof. You literally need a point blank toxic nuke to kill the King and even then he could have survived if he really, really wanted to and drained enough people of their Nen.

To put it even more into perspective. The King was as powerful as the MC, who has at least 1 in a million potential, would have been after decades of intense, grueling training, and that wasn't even his final form.

The King perk basically wins you the cyoa and most of the cyoas you're doing from then on.

>The King was as powerful as the MC
Not even. Iirc he would have easily been able to defeat Gon anyway, even after he sacrificed all his potential to power up.

Really, the worst thing about the HxH jump is that there's no hiatus drawback.

Is it on hiatus now, or did it have a Berserk-tier hiatus?

Is the warframe jump up to date until octavia yet?

Ah, right. Yeah, don't see why not; Aerith isn't exactly a combat monster herself, and she still holds her own. And amnesia isn't exactly an uncommon disorder over there. And from what I hear, the darkness corruption stuff is a pretty big problem so being able to smack Heartless without magic probably would get their interest.

I wish I remembered it too. Unfortunately IIRC part of the problem is the Underworld (big dimension of magical entropy and undeath, big enough to be Creation's dark mirror) is leeching away at the Elemental Pole of Earth that their vitality is tied to.

That's a good point. Although NPs can have drastically bigger attacks than non-N/A artifacts don't they? I know Excalibur would probably be N/A if it were an artifact but even all the other sword-beams do way, way more resuable (unlike the void grenade things) widespread destruction any canon 5-dotter I can think of.

Huh. I don't remember my build for the jump but I'm pretty sure I wasn't one. Huge bug people confuse me.

>Berserk

Aw man, still haven't marathoned Season 2.

What happened in octavia? Also I don't think there've been recent updates this year, if it came out recently.

Okay, I've updated my draft for the Sesame Street jump. Thanks for all the feedback I've gotten so far. Please let me know what else I should change.

HxH is on permenant hiatus. Berserk at least the mangaka realized that he's not young anymore, so he's switching to digital. He stated Berserk about 75-80% done already. Which is why he's switching to digital, which allows him to do more with less time.

Octavia's the new frame, essentially a bard

Red said she already included sound based elemental damage for Warframe. So she wasn't gonna update it seeing how what Octavia does is covered already.

>Unfortunately IIRC part of the problem is the Underworld (big dimension of magical entropy and undeath, big enough to be Creation's dark mirror) is leeching away at the Elemental Pole of Earth that their vitality is tied to.
What? Where's that mentioned? Not in Scroll of Fallen Races at least.

It's just Autobot's Great Geas. It splintered their souls, splitting them into lesser fragments that re-entered the jade seperately, turning those fragments into the non-Artisan castes.

Man, I was really excited when Octavia dropped but severely disappointed when I found out you had to pay plat to unlock all the sound options.

not quite. Meruem after the Rose, where he got way stronger, would be able to. Gon only became as strong as pre rose Meruem.

I've been reading Invincible Saint Salaryman jump when? and I was wondering: what are the best healing or holy spells, abilities, and perks we've got? Anything you rely on?

I'd say we'd need to let it run a bit longer. At least till he starts fighting the Demon Lord. I don't think it'll last much longer.

As for healing and junk, Aion has some decent ones. Overlord (LN) is also pretty good for going Angel + Cleric and stuff.

Perk wise, Ghost riders cap stoned Gaze is pretty damn good about burning away evil and stuff.

Powerwankers, how powerful are you and how quickly did you get there?

Casual multiversal at my weakest. I would say it took me a hundred jumps to get universal. Another 200 for being multiversal. And around 300 to consolidate solid outerversal.

Jumpers, lets hear about your house rules again.
Fuck drawback limits.

What perks, aside from the Velvet Room from Persona 5, can be used to replace others.

I'm still pretty early on, but I have two questions. Is it setting up for an ending yet? And more importantly has the quality dropped significantly? Cause that would be a real shame.

Multi Universe creation/destruction level, but it took a really long time and required using the cheaty time extension drawback from Xianxia near the end of my chain. So not quickly at all.

I think I reached low multiversal in 40 jumps. Then I just gave up.

...that's a good question. Where DID I read that?

Anyway. If it's a reincarnation error it sounds like I can whip up something with some DC immortality fountain water, the grail (Merlin) and the grail (In Nomine). Just gotta use Tandem Style, Domination, Mark of a Crimson King and the Thorn Forged to Kill Kings to rip that curse apart first.

And come to think of it-those're some of the most powerful healy things out there. The Merlin grail's associated with magic over the cycle of life and death, and DC generally takes immortality magics quite seriously.

Apparently white mana and the Divine Blessing from DS3's quite good at it? Hard to tell when both have had poor track records against their 'verses' major ailments.

The Double Deity from FF13-3's pretty damn serious as the sacrifice-for-life-energy style of healing. FF14 and FF1 have magics that synergise well with it.

One of the miracles in Age of Mythology is a divine restoration by Athena that heals buildings, magical beats and vehicles as well as people from the brink of death.

Warcraft's Light is actually pretty damn good considering paladins and priests can apparently hand out ressurections like candy.

Medi-Guns from TF2 don't just heal great from a distance, they can overcharge soldiers into being bullet/missile/piss proof apparently. Overwatch has something similar too I'm less familiar with.

The Vita-Chamber from Bioshock is sorely underrated; it somehow combines Plasmids and quantum entanglement to respawn people. Heck, it's basically a flat-out better version than a similar technology from Exalted's First Age at everything except maybe Wyld mutation recovery.

And senzu beans must be pretty damn good for how quickly they work. The quasi-magical spirit healing in the various DBs too, based on the kind of damage fighters there take.

Is there a reason you wouldn't be able to do hamon empowered piss?

>replace others

Isn't that a perk, not the room itself?

I can turn any companion into a 'follower' at the start of each jump. They can leave the Warehouse and interact with the jump. They are still considered companions as far as drawback goes, but do not respawn during that jump if killed and do not keep anything but knowledge and training between jumps.

SB Creative mode 1.1 :^-) [/spoiler}

Well I don't want to spoil too much but yes, it seems to be heading that way. He gets a power boost after visiting the floating mage city and it seems the demon's he's watching out for may not be demons. Plus another dragon straight up tells him they are rooting for him to defeat the BBEG to his dismay since there shouldn't be one still. Also the dragons encourage him towards polygamy so yeah, there is that too.

As for quality, eh. It gets more slice of life with no real hassle later on until they enforce actual hassle for sake of conflict. But MC of course overcomes that.

Certain flawed (can be overcome and aren't properly fiat guaranteed) resurrection/respawn perks are not limited to one per jump. Instead they just make it more difficult to actually kill me.