Playing a superhero tabletop RPG

>playing a superhero tabletop RPG
>a villain's power is super speed, explicitly just moving fast, no time control or lolspeedforce or anything
>is able to rapid-fire a standard handgun like a machinegun without jamming it
Was this bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgs3nse8rW0&t=1322s
youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends on whether or not Full-Auto would incur an aim penalty (or be relegated to support actions, i.e. Suppressing Fire) with a mundane firearm.

I'll never understand the people who get so autistic over capeshit. Do also constantly ask how giants exist in fantasy games because of the effects of gravity?

Depends on the rules of the setting. Do powers tend towards a bit of thematic spread, or are they very specific and limited?

The firearm in question was not capable of full-auto at all.
It was a series of manual single shots, only with trigger pulls a few milliseconds apart.

Are there even rules for guns jamming?

Obviously his speed powers extend to whatever he's holding/using at the time.

what do on reload, and overheating?

modern automatic weapons can go through barrels like nobody's business, unless the are specifically engineered to cope with high rates of sustained fire.

hand guns, not so much.
so if you don't like it;
>hand gun over-heats, barrel warp, no longer usable.

That sounds like exactly the kind of bullshit capeshit should allow. Stop being so neurotic.

>>is able to rapid-fire a standard handgun like a machinegun without jamming it
It would be possible if the gun in question was bolt action.

Rule of cool. And most non-automatic guns don't hold that many bullets to begin with.

And with super speed he could do much nastier things than upgrading a handgun to full Auto.

He has to be the least creative villain. "Marvel as I fire several bullets in quick succession! Anything is possible with my incredible gift!"

This. I could come up with much nastier things to do with superspeed than achieving a thing a lot of guns can do naturally.

Capeshit is several steps below anime in terms of everything from storytelling to characterization.

It's like if, at the end of each campaign, the DM rotated and was free to add/remove houserules on the fly while each player traded characters.

"Hey Frank, can't you throw lightning?"
"Yeah, but I just use it to fire lots of bullets."

>Do also constantly ask how giants exist in fantasy games because of the effects of gravity?
We have threads about this issue weekly on Veeky Forums.

That actually sounds pretty fun.

At this point I'm convinced that contrarians on Veeky Forums would eat dogshit just to spite people who told them how gross it is to do so.

Also, if you genuinely think that's fun, imagine if you had to play with the worst THAT GUY/THAT GM you knew and the houserules that they made, made everyone else weaker/dumber/slower/uglier/etc. than their character by default.

Now you're getting the full comic experience.

>user says something sounds fun
>But what if you had to play it with THE WORST PEOPLE EVER, you wouldn't have fun then!

>pull trigger on a semi-automatic gun so fast that it empties like full-auto before it overheats, gets red and starts to melt

That actually sounds really cool.

see >At this point I'm convinced that contrarians on Veeky Forums would eat dogshit just to spite people who told them how gross it is to do so.
It wouldn't sound fun if nobody else claimed it wouldn't be fun, that's how these parasites operate.

To this day, I have no idea why comics recycle characters endlessly. Fucking retire Superman and Batman, I'd much rather read about new characters.

>To this day, I have no idea why comics recycle characters endlessly.
Money
>Fucking retire Superman and Batman, I'd much rather read about new characters.
Y'mean like how Marvel turned most of its heroes into gender-swapped minorities or how DC upgrades one of their sidekicks to legacy status while they were the same costume?

>Y'mean like how Marvel turned most of its heroes into gender-swapped minorities or how DC upgrades one of their sidekicks to legacy status while they were the same costume?
You don't understand, the guys who whine about Superman and Batman needing to be retired actually hate capeshit completely. When the say "new characters" they really mean that they want hipster eurocomic knock-offs.

If you play a capeshit game, you know how the genre works. Don't like it? Then don't play it.

>Capeshit is several steps below anime in terms of everything from storytelling to characterization.

You know it's true though.

>DUDE AN ENTIRE MEDIUM IS BETTER THAN ONE GENRE LMAO

If you don't see something wrong with that statement you might be a brainlet.

What is it about capeshit that makes autists like
so defensive? People have been shitting on capeshit for years, it's not our fault that it suffers from the worst aspects of shonen with none of the benefits

>anti-capeshitter trying to "reinterpret" the sequence of events ITT
>anti-capeshitter still does not understand that comparing that an entire MEDIUM to a single GENRE is retarded

No, your party was just fighting Jerry Miculek
youtube.com/watch?v=xgs3nse8rW0&t=1322s

In the video he managed a rate of fire of around 600 rounds per minute, which is comparable to modern machine guns.

Fine pissbabby, would you feel better if I said "shonen" instead of "anime?" Would that calm your autism? It doesn't matter one way or another because capeshit sucks no matter what genre or medium it's being compared to.

Im no /k/ommando, but I think that would either just not work or break/jam the gun. Even a full auto gun might break simply cause you are just heating it up to fast with friction. I would just put on a shoulder plate/pauldron with a big ass spike on it and shoulder charge the fuck out of things.

>"shonen"
>a genre

Why are weebs so ignorant of their own hobbies?

>Shonen
>Not a genre

Bio-Meat: Nectar is a manga of the survival-horror genre with a shonen audience.

Naruto is a manga of the martial arts action genre with a shonen audience.

Getter Robo is a manga of the super robot genre with a shonen audience.

Dumb weeb.

Green Lantern is about an organization that uses rings that create hard-light projections of anything the user wants based off willpower.

Arena Murder World is a story where sixteen teenaged superheroes are kidnapped by Arcade and forced to kill or be killed over the course of 30 days.

X-Men is about a private school being run by Professor Xavier trying to teach a group of young people how to control their powers and defend the world from a society that fears and loathes them.

Yet and still, they'd all qualify as capeshit, you crying autist.

>most non-automatic guns don't hold that many bullets, to begin with.
you OBVIOUSLY don't know jack shit about guns. I'll admit I'm not the very best when it comes to guns, thus why I take trips to /k/ to learn, but you are just spewing shit.

an example of non-automatic guns that have large magazines: FN Five Seven, the AR-15 and its many copies, the FN FAL and its many copies. there's more but I don't feel like making a full fucking list

Probably, but if the GM allowed it, the GM allowed it.

This

Otherwise his clothes would rip all the time

So my players are in the ECHO (East Coast Hero's Organization) 76th Branch. They meet in conference room three of the civic center on Wednesdays at 7pm, right after Alcoholic's Anonymous.

The line up for non-player heroes is as follows:
>Puppet Patriot
A muppet actually controlled by three guys in black morph suits, dressed like Uncle Sam.
>The Delivery Boys
A duo of former UPS workers in their brown UPS van, use gadgets taken from undelivered packages
>ARM STRONG
103 year old super soldier that served in WWII, he's senile.
>Road Ronin
White guy with a Japanese made motorcycle, trench coat, and katana
>Skeleton Manny
Italian mobster skeleton
>Titanium Templar
Giant guy in a power suit riding a horse, who is also in a power suit.
>Salary Slasher
Former door to door cutlery salesman turned armed vigilante

Do these sound reasonable?

oh I remember you, good times

>all three examples are stories about superheroes

>one example is about normal kids developing PTSD and sociopathy
>the second is about kids going to ninja highschool
>the third is about ubermench "kids" who are chosen to pilot robots and commit genocide

Next you'll tell me that T1 and T2 are both action movies because durr Terminator is a adventure franchise!1!!11!

It would be possible even if it wasn't. the gun is doing the same thing every time the trigger is pulled regardless of whether or not fast man is pulling the trigger most semi-auto hand guns have an insane cyclic rate (number of times a minute a firearm can complete its firing cycle)

>all three examples are stories about superheroes
>all three examples are stories about children
FTFY

>all three examples are stories about children
Madoka is about children. Are you going to tell me Madoka is targeted to a shonen audience?

>That actually sounds pretty fun.

Cocaine smoking is fun, does that mean you should do it? In the middle of an RPG I thought it would be fun to get up and pull down my trousers and take a fat fucking shit all over the gaming table, burying my friend's miniatures under a torrent of fecal matter. That would have been amazingly fun! But did I do it? No. because "fun" is the reasoning of a fucking child. If you base whether or not you do something off of whether or not it is "fun" then you are a mental infant who is not fit to live in adult society.

Similarly, when you do things in an RPG because they are "fun" you are being a fucking asshole. "Well I'm going to destroy the believably of this campaign by letting Jonathan fly to the goddamn moon on his Jump check because he got a NATuRAL TWENTY and if anything else happens, well, that would be against the spirit of the game, which is to have FUN, right guys? Even if we are fucking over the entire story and destroying the point of playing an RPG, it's okay, because as long as we are having FUN with it, that makes it a good thing, right?"

That is what you sound like.

Irredeemable is about superheroes. Are you going to tell me Irredeemable is targeted to the capeshit audience?

Seriously man, keep digging.

So, do you not have fun when you play games?

If you can't even follow the rules the majority of the time, then what the fuck are you doing? Go play goddamn Cards Against Humanity or some shit. That's a game better befitting the kind of autistic ADHD edgelord garbage that you need to sustain yourself. What kind of fucking infant are you, that the only way you can justify what you are doing, is that it is "fun"??

This pasta never gets old.

>capeshit written by a well-known capeshit writer starring a Superman rip-off is targetted to capeshit audiences
>therefore Madoka is a shonen anime

How retarded can one be?

Yes it does

>Implying there isn't significant overlap between shonen and magical girls.
The sad thing is that you think you're clever while loving capeshit.

Mechanically speaking, this would not be a problem for most semi-auto pistols.

>most non-automatic guns don't hold that many bullets to begin with

/k/ommando here. You can get magazines with larger capacities for just about any gun on the market.

You're not really one to talk about spewing shit. There's so much autism in this post that I can actually feel it radiating from my monitor. And I'm pretty sure you're trying to stealth brag because you know the names of a few rifles.

Maybe try to keep your shit together next time you think you might know more about something than someone else, champ.

That's by no means bullshit with a super powered character, a well trained man can do something to a similar effect

youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Shonen isn't the genre, it's a demographic.

Even if if it jammed he'd fix it in the blink of an eye.

Oh boy, now the thread has TWO retards.