Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1484: Walk Like An Egyptian Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/Worm_user/
youtube.com/watch?v=DVx8L7a3MuE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Thread gets made right after my browser crashes and I lose the post I was saving for hours.

>Jumper Rules
>Your will has King is a mighty thing indeed

/jc/, what are some magical realism settings we have jumps for? That is to say, what are some settings that have a single supernatural element in them, but are otherwise like the real world.

I'm asking specifically because I'm considering making a jump for such a setting, but I'd like to have some examples on how to balance the supernatural vs everyday stuff before committing to it.

Specifically in the setting I'm thinking about there is a single person with a single supernatural power, and everything else is real-world rules as far as anyone can tell. I'm having a hard time deciding where the line between overpowered for the everyday stuff and underpowered for the supernatural stuff is, and would like some examples to help me judge

Aren't beastmen ladies like docile cows or something? Pretty weird for chaos to have something that doesn't explode into violence and dicks.

Death Note comes to mind.

>Salubris
You sure you got that one right, user? The Salubiri's thing is being the healer vampires that want everyone to get along and not abuse mortals so much. Even if you buy the interpretation that Salubiri himself is evil (and even in the Gehena books WW makes it ambiguous), that just means he abandoned the clan for being pussies and went and made the Baali instead.

Next?

First thing that came to mind fitting that description.

6-800cp undiscounted seems like a good place to be in those circumstances.

As is common for the more monstery races, females get veeery little mention. Beastmen fight within themselves quite a lot but the abundance of other races to raid around their forests generally lets them be directed pretty easily. Much easier to fight together when your interests mostly come under fighting, eating, fucking or boozing or partying. Unlike warriors of chaos where every motherfucker wants to be on top.

I know they don't get much mention, it's just that the few times they do come up it's mentioned that they're harmless and just bolt and run if someone approaches them rather than trying to chop heads.

Also, think I found a female ogre.

What was that Exalted perk that lets you use social attacks durin combat?

Well at least Greenskins have an excuse. They're all asexual fungimals.

Not in Warhams. They have female models of those for Bloodbowl too, by the way. Very saggy.

How would my plan to get Contractor in Worm then find a dog and give it the powers of super intelligence and telepathy go?

True.

Ah that's a thing also.

Sweet-Voiced Beggar’s Petition

Indeed.

>Sweet-Voiced Beggar’s Petition
Thank you!

Hey Red, qiestion about mcu2 relics, if I take the option to merge 2 relics how does that work? Is it now 1 weapon with 2 forms it can switch between or is it like a frankenrelic?

Also can i use reshapeing to make a staff into an inkwell pen or is that a no go? The item Im importing has like 9 altforms so I was unsure how that works here.

The best version is actually [Silver Dragon Coiled Amongst Ivory Teeth] which is more explicitly able to do what you're looking for.

Bloodbowl is non canon, they retconned females out of the Greenskin race.

Wouldn't that depend on how you want it to go?

what sort of canon characters from tomb kings would be good companions? most of the bigger players I read about are either busy or not that friendly to begin with.

Actually they have yet to retcon anything, they just decided to stop writing about it. As of right now there are still canon Half-Orcs and some other oddness but the WFB crew has decided to just ignore things and sit on the issue for right now. So, now the Greenskins canonically reproduce both the mammal way and the spore way, though the later is much more common as I'm reading through things right now.

Just one of those things I guess? >_

They're an evil faction in Warhammer. None of them are your friends.

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Hey, it aint my problem you can't handle a big, beautiful woman.

Vampire Requiem Chevalier jump when?

When you make it.

shit...

Kinda like half-eldar and squats in 40k.

Or Sisters of Battle.

Hey, this is Cataquack Warrior. I saw that my Sesame Street jump got posted on the Google Drive, but I don't know why. I didn't post it there, I just posted the latest version on the last thread to get more feedback. Seeing as I got some criticism for prematurely posting my Peter Pan jump on the drive, I was intending to be cautious and wait a while before posting my new jump there. What's going on?

Somebody probably slapped it up there, we have a problem with that sometimes. Just tell brutus or say so here, which I guess you just did, we had someone uploading hundreds of junps at once before.

It's that Betta Zedd guy. He just throws anything and everything into the upload folder because some Jumpmakers are in the habit of not uploading their own work. Except they like to add in Jumps that aren't finished yet or ones the board has said aren't ready for the Drive yet.

You can delete it yourself from the Uploads folder.

I know time travel tends to be taboo in jumpchain, but is there any degree at which it would be acceptable?

I ask because it's the one supernatural power in a setting I'm considering making a jump for and I want to know if I should make it super expensive, not include it at all, or make it only work in that jump until spark.

For reference the setting is Life is Strange, and the main character has the ability to rewind time about 5 minutes, which while powerful doesn't seem game breaking to a mid-late chain jumper.

She later discovers the ability to jump into photographs(of her past, no going to like the Kennedy assassination or something) to change a few minutes worth of events starting the moment the photo was taken, which is quite a bit more powerful but also quite a bit more dangerous because of the butterfly effect.

It eventually causes a freak hurricane/tornado combination, and gradually kills off wildlife in the surrounding area, but the game never really confirms if it's a result of the /use/ of her powers, the /over/use of her powers, or a paradox she created through use of her powers, so there are potential drawbacks to using the power.

Again, there's only vague ideas in my head over how I should price things out, or even if/how they should be available, so I'm not actually claiming it until I can get a better idea on if I can balance things right. I'm actually not even positive it should be made it a regular jump and not a gauntlet of some sort

So is this tron jump on the upload folder done?

>I know time travel tends to be taboo in jumpchain

Not anymore, thanks to HeavensAnon.

I'd be down for a LiS jump personally.

Are Half-Eldar still in limbo, thought we had solid proofs that they weren't viable in the lore now? I know the squats recently got a throwaway line in the 40K Approved Mutants list during the last edition or two which means they're still legit. As for the SoB they have a 7th Edition now right?.

Which folder is that in. I didn't find it in jumps with images, jumps with folders, N-Z jumps or gauntlets, though I might need to check one of them again.

Pretty sure it's not supposed to be there. Unless I missed a lot of the issues people had with it getting fixed.

Thanks!

There are a couple time travel perks and items in jumpchain they just dont seem to come up often. Go for it.

Good luck with that, I'm looking forward to it!

If you can make it work, I'd be all over a Life is Strange Jump/Gauntlet. I would be a fan of either version, though personally I find Gauntlets much more difficult to write.

Do you think a Warhammer 40k Necron jump would be possible to make? Origins being Phaeron, Cryptek and normal soldier or something similar.

Kurgan option?

Is sam jack ever gonna get a time extension so we can meet jacks best girl?

I guess I should officially claim it then. Not sure how long it will take, seeing as it's my first shot at making a jump and it's the end of the semester for me, but I'll be working on it as I'm able.

Yeah it would be possible, why wouldn't it be

There should be an update incoming shortly, as the new season ends.

Worm wanted me to mention that he has a WIP for just such a thing with most of the concept work done that he'll work on after Cyberpunk and (and possibly Worm) is done.

>after Cyberpunk and (and possibly Worm) is done.

So, we're never going to see it.

Does this Worm-dude even exist?

Worm also wanted me to say that it wasn't like an official claim or anything, he just has a WIP. He wanted to clarify he wasn't trying to horde claims or anything, but he is trying to work on it.

Doubtful.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/Worm_user/

So even he recognizes we're never going to see it.

What happens when you are the servant and you give yourself a Lily or Alter template? Does an entire life's worth of memories pop into your head and make you happier or angsty?

Just the difficulty in working out perks. I mean you would have some obviously really good tech perks in the Cryptek tree and some nice politics perks for the Phaeron one, but there really isn't all that much to put in.

Oh, good, I want to aave at least 1 sister.

Making it expensive seems fine as long as you mention all the potential consequences, if only to dissuade people from just saying 'and then I used time travel to fix everything with no consequences'

So in star wars what kind of Jedi were you?

An angry one.

A neutral one sheaavenue

Why are you still here?

Hey Val, few questions about Tomb Kings... Suppose I go Necrotect, buy into a Necrosphinx golem form, and take the Skull drawback.

Would I then be a normal skull or a Necrospinx skull?

Also, what does that get me in terms of altforms? All three of a skeleton, Necrosphinx, and skull? Necrosphinx and skull? Necrosphinx or skull?

And can the basic Necrosphinx already look like pic related, or would I need Undead Men’s Gold for the shiny?

Do A Monument to Time Itself and A Creator’s love apply to things created before getting the perks? Does my Tomb apply, since as a Necrotect I would've been the one building it?

Can I have my tomb appear in a pocket world I cart around too?

External Structures and Obelisks of Power could be build from the same stuff imported for the tomb itself, right?

Also, not a question, but sheesh the tombs here are big. Pretty cool, really. Not sure yet what materials to build my own out of though... Something that gets better in quantities, probably.

Test post.

This is getting absurd, anyone have some serious connection errors trying to post an image or a build but small text gets past just fine?

I don't think so, but let's try a large test with the last Class for Divinity: Original Sin.

Wizard
The Wizard blinked as they were all but physically shoved into the daylight, head still reeling about how such a thing had come to pass. Their grades had been far above the average of their classmates and not one of the teachers ever had an unkind word to say about their work ethic. Indeed, from a purely academic point of view, The Wizard was highly enthusiastic and eagerly dove into any task assigned to them.
But that was where the trouble lay. Their practical talents were not as diverse as the rest of those in the class. Where others could command all five elements in slight amounts, the Wizard showed an early talent for Fire and Earth and little for the others. Soon enough this was causing issues as The Wizard’s control began to lag behind the power of their spells.
Accidents occurred. And while multiple chances were given, The Wizard soon found themselves faced with a choice. Leave the magical college on a quest both dangerous and designed to rapidly force the Wizard to come to terms with their magic, or be expelled from the college entirely and imprisoned as a rogue Sourcerer. The decision was instantaneous, but unpleasant to face.
And so, the Wizard who had hoped for nothing more than a quiet life of study, was standing in the sun and peering at the world beyond the college’s walls. It had been years since they had been outside the hallways and libraries. For a moment the Wizard wondered if prison might not be so bad compared to the task that lay ahead of them.
Instead of whining and bemoaning their fate, the Wizard shook themselves, held their head up a little higher, and headed off in the direction their map pointed. They had a job to do. It would get done. They were a Wizard!

[1/2]

Yeah, Worm had the same issues a few moments ago which is why I had to relay the messages, and I've had a few connection errors recently too.

Oh what the FUCK, I can post images on other boards fine! Let's try to narrow it down a little-

How do I cure the Solar and Lunar daughterus of the Great Curse?

A Wizard, unlike most other spellcasters listed above, are taught at one of the many magical colleges sprinkled in out of the way places of the world. They tend to be discovered at a young age, so many know little of life outside the walls of their college. Most are content to sit in their libraries and explore the wonders of the arcane, but some Wizards are drawn back out into the world. Whatever the reason, any who stand in their path soon find that despite the lack of muscle or weapons, a Wizard is as dangerous as any squad of warriors.

Discounts
Willpower, Pyrokinetic, Geomancer, Loremaster, Charisma

[2/2]

Looks fine to me.

-I see. Well that's really weird because it only seems to apply to my desktop picks (maybe) and longer posts for some reason because I just posted and successfully. If this one gets through, it's something weird about my Jumper pics

I was a jedi jedi. You see, it's like being a jedi while not not being a jedi.

In all seriousness, if you want an answer to your question, you might want to narrow down which Star Wars jump, and time period, yo are referring to. I can't speak for others, but my jumper behaved quite differently in Kotor compared to the Original Trilogy.

'Cause she wants to be. Does she need your permission, shit-kun?
More to the point, why are you still here?
Does it give you joy being a pain in people's assess. Not even a lot, just a little, more like an itch in peoples assess, just begging to get scratched but being ignored because it's too small to be worth the bother.

I wasn't. The Force is a trap.

Am I missing something, or do you get a Relic and Armor/Powered Armor for free just for going to MCU Part 2?

It's a Red jump. Of course not.

Is...is Ego trying to flirt with Earth?

Of course. Have you seen Earth's curves?

I think so.
1000 free points for both.

Bless your little heart, you tried so hard.

Well, if you’re into vast tracts of land…

You know what? Fair enough.

Hey, Kiara was trying to get a piece of that action too. And Gaia's already famous as EVO's premier waifu.

Face it, the Earth's the most fuckable thing in the solar system. Even moreso than Uranus

The Earth is THICC. Almost 4000 miles thicc.
And it's slightly wider at the equators than at the poles, which means it's also a shortstack.

Earth is a thicc shortstack.

Well really, there's no one else to pick. Venus is hot, but she's way too gassy. Mars? She's the cold type. Mercury is so awkward she always kills the atmosphere. So what are you gonna pick here? There's just those BBW gas giants and a bunch of underage dwarf planets. You gonna pick a fucking moon or something?

Muh dick

They can be sapient androids if you want, yes.

Situational armor, and you could do the former.

The option says how fast it is.

Yes, please read.

Sources of power/magical energies you call upon.

Fucked if I know, fanwank on the first one. No for the second one, too different.

If you want, you can have a 'built from scratch' one for free. Read the first import options and you shall see.

Anyway, reposting for those in new thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=DVx8L7a3MuE

Moon a cute! CUTE!

She's geologically dead, user. Necrophilia is not okay.

>No for the second one, too different.
Thanks!

Why does Enlightened Teacher have Spiderman powers?

is it possible to upgrade shintai charms to last until we want them to end?

>The option says how fast it is.
Does it? Because it more implies that it's an effect that applies at such speeds than an absolute limit. Not to mention that "supersonic" is just anything above sonic, which is a obviously a huge range. Or you might be referring to "perfectly"... which is another thing entirely, ludicrously even.

>Upon purchase, you will be able to fly around perfectly in any direction, whether you do so with fine control or to reach supersonic speeds without fear of friction or wind resistance.

Using mystical energies to augment herself, presumably.

>Sources of power/magical energies you call upon.
Does that apply to energies an entity imbues within you, or just things that are actively maintained?

Exactly, supersonic speeds. Probably on the low end of that though, but still supersonic.

No, they have enhanced agility. Anyone can have that. But let's say magic.

Both.

Get Eternity from the Seven Deadly Sins, but some shintai's have indefinite duration, don't they?

There's already some Shintai with Indefinite durations. The others... probably not, at least not without some perk letting you keep temporary transformations active longer.

Eternity presumably does nothing for things with inbuilt timers.

I've seen Doctor Strange, so I'm familiar with the magic in that, but I've also heard that magic's playing an important part in Agents of Shield now, too. Has it been shown to do anything other than glowy ropes and constructs without having to use artifacts?

What, no, that's the whole point of Eternity, taking magical effects and making them last as long as you like.