Segwit2x

>We promise that all BTC holders will receive, not only B2X in the ratio of 1:1, but also as a reward for your commitment to progress, the proportional number of Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto who mined it in the first year of the network’s existence,” commented Jaap Terlouw, the project CEO

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsbtc.com/2017/12/19/segwit2x-old-new-bitcoin-hard-fork/
youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source: newsbtc.com/2017/12/19/segwit2x-old-new-bitcoin-hard-fork/

Great. Another buttcoin. Just great.

G-Guys. Please. What did they mean by >but also as a reward for your commitment to progress, the proportional number of Bitcoin of Satoshi Nakamoto who mined it in the first year of the network’s existence

>giving away Satoshis coins

What a fucking joke. I'd be pissed.

So is the clever move, to move everything into BTC, then back again in alts once B2X are created?
Is it free money or what? but given that the exchanges are going to be stormed, is this that clever of a move?

You won't get segwit coins now

snapshot is on 28th,

Guess we can cross it off as not being Bitcoin straight off the bat then, you don't just flat out get rid of a users wallet like a fucking like that. What reason would they even have to do this in the first place? It's not like it makes any difference on the market cap.

Yup. Disrespectful as fuck. Next thing they will distribute every inactive users coins as well

They must be smoking some heavy pot to think this was a good idea in all honesty.

>What reason would they even have to do this in the first place?
to give BTC hodlers more coins in hopes they'll keep them, maintaining the value of their shitcoin. i can't wait to get extra coins to dump. free money is awesome

They can't literally be this retarded

He meant they’re normalizing the theft of coins and will do it to you in the future.

They’re after Satoshi’s coins,

Whether segwit(which allows coin theft), hardfork or other subversive means they can come up with.

youtu.be/AkbSrmsYJ9c
28:50

“I think Satoshi’s a sellout”
“And I think that he could burn his private keys now and not risk the future economy of the world , with an unknown party holding 10% of it”
“Who may have given those keys to his kid, and his kid might be the next HITLER”
“Or he may have gotten a mental illness and gotten whacky himself”
“Or he has some other socially dangerous beliefs”
“He’s a variable that we’re unaware of”
“He could just burn his keys”
“He could be renouncing his control of his keys but he’s not.”
“Which means he’s either a bitch or he’s dead”
“Those are the only two options I’m aware of”

- Bitcoin core dev

Next they'll scrape the btc from every wallet that can't afford a $300 transaction fee

just

Fucking sad, ain’t it?

So bitcoin is officially dead now yes?

They will keep satoshies coins and dump them on you.
Next level scam, fork a Bitcoin and take satoshies coins but don't tell

ok please summarize why they have control over some dude's wallet? I thought the point of crypto was that your money is safe from ANYONE lol

They don't.

lol source? this is some next level scamcoin

We will receive 1 million bitcoins

can someone tell a total pleb like me whats going to happen and if thats good or bad for bitcoin? is it a hard fork?

You dont know what a fork is m8.

This is coder shit brah.

When u fork u basicly jst the tipp bby

Hard as hell bæLike [INSERT_ELEMENT_COMMON

When you hard fork a network you can change the rules of that network. The issue with hard forking is that you need major support in order to have your coins be worth anything. This S2X announcement is literally an attempt to undermine BCH, while playing at the idea that "Bitcoin (BTC) can be saved". It's just a scam attempt to abuse the current turmoil between BCH and BTC. Anyone who bought post-fork and has not cashed out will have only one choice - move to B2X or lose all your Bitcoins as the network death spirals. It's essentially a lesser-of-two-evils for the people who's coins are held hostage. Like dems and reps offering certain freedoms/securities in exchange for your rights/profits. It won't have any support though in actuality, if core devs support it they will look like fucking retards, but these people have taken what s2x was supposed to be and rebranded it as a forced solution while allowing them to steal shitloads of money by rewriting the blockchain and removing Satoshi from the picture. It's all about consensus, and at this point you can either agree or watch your BTCs die forever.

I think they mean from the forked coin supply that would be Satoshi's.

The B2gayseX coins. Not BTC. These pieces of shit probably have less than 5 BTC themselves (((for now)))

i dont see how it's a scam, they are trying to force an improvement on bitcoin. That's admirable. Whether it will work out favorably for all.. well we dont know.

sorry for my unknowing, but hard fork means that the old bitcoin stays the same, and every holder at day X will get same amount in a "new" bitcoin, like bitcoin gold/cash etc,right?

Who the fuck is Jaap Terlouw
And why does he keep making these threads and posting the same shit in them

If you buy btc now, will you get b2x?

It's a scam because they're stealing someone's coins through a solution to a forced problem. Fuck off obvious shill.