How often and how do your characters interact with the gods? Do they answer your clerics prayers...

How often and how do your characters interact with the gods? Do they answer your clerics prayers, or just hand out spells? Distant and powerful, or show up for parties when they get an invitation? What kind of rituals are there for honoring them and no pissing them off?

>ITT We talk about your setting's theology

How about just hot girls dressed like that instead?

Also rarely

I'll definitely get down on my knees to recite my oral prayers for that Goddess, if you know what I mean.

Haven't had any cleric-types in parties yet, but since the local deity is also the local sovereign, we've spoken to them on occasion of gettin' quests or hugs.

In-setting they're generally hailed at an annual ball where people get in line to bask in their presence for a whole three seconds, or an annual solstice festival where everyone parties until the sun rises, because sleep is for the weak. Outside that, they're the sole ruler of the nation, which includes being the final word on pretty much everything that happens. While they may be immortal, they've long since tired of bureaucratic bullshit, but doesn't want to come off as irritable or tyrannical for telling any of her subjects to just fuck off. Foreign propaganda is a powerful thing y'know, and it's not like there's only one god-emperor permanently in-office in the world.

Interact? Never.

However they do get a vision the night after a critical success saves their lives, so about once every 3 sessions or so.

My players' PCs are gods. D&D 3.5, 5 times a week for over a decade and they are level 100.
>Fighter is an intermediate god of War and Honor.
>Rogue is lesser god of Trickery and shadows
>Paladin is lesser god of Justice
>Wizard is intermediate god of Destruction and Knowledge
>Bard is lesser god of Fertility and Wandering
How they got there isn't any of your business.

Mt gods went through a similar jaunt to D&Ds time of troubles. The head honcho god of balance, son of the all-mother got himself fucking decapitated and sliced up into billions of fragments like Osiris by the bad guys. This resulted in all the gods being banished to the mortal realms, forcing them to rebuild their power-base. Some gods were killed by their rivals, some gods were robbed of divinity by mortals, creating new gods (you can't kill an immortal with mortal stuff, so most robbed gods retained their immortality while the newly divine mortals gloat and jerk themselves off on their new power.) The gods could walk the world and had to negotiate with mortal powers to retain their worship base. You could visit gods, but most gods would have a large detachment of bodyguards because divinity could be stolen or won in conquest.

The big plot hook is that a paladin of the all-mother had to travel across the world to ensure that the physical representation of the big-bang got pregnant with the reincarnation of the god of balance. Naturally, established powers happy with the current status-quo lay siege to the immense temple city of the all-mother and dispatched kill teams in the style of shonen jump mangas to stop the merry band.

It also got really fetishy because the paladin herself had to impregnate the all-mother, which involved a lite version of a belt of genderswap. I suspect the DM really liked futa.

5 times a week? Nigga you lyin'.

Anyone have any ideas for interacting with Gods in 40k? Like, specifically the chaos gods in like Black Crusade. Honestly, I am imagining players would never come into contact with them, them being the ultimate reality tumors, but I really don't know how the individual gods interact with mortals, or their personalities, or really if it's even a good idea for them to be involved at all.

What do you think rewards of the dark gods are?

>2600+ sessions to develop their characters
>pick the most cliche, hollow, empty, thoughtless, impersonal aspects for their characters

I hope you're lying, because otherwise your players are next level boring

My games might not be the best measuring stick since the game I'm currently is a Not!Danmachi, and usually my settings use Not!Olympians so if they aren't interacting directly with at least one of the gods on the regular than they're either doing something extremely wrong or extremely right.

Mm, course, but even then I wonder about things like oracles and future-telling like in the adventure in the core book. Really, if just having them not involved except in terms of mutations and special weapons I suppose that is easiest

There's a bunch of different gods, but most of them are just different ways different cultures worship their races' gods. The Pretanians and Ardeians, both being dwarves, worship essentially the same deieties despite living on opposite sides of the world.

Of course, there used to be way more gods to go around, but now you've got the Second Empire and of course there were the God Wars. The survivors divided themselves along the mortal races, taking their chosen under their wing, despite previously having had nothing to do with this race.

Our party met Tzeentch in a black crusade one-shot.

"Let me just reach into your head for a minute", and proceeds to IN-CHARACTER read off of our character sheets.

They try and never interact with the gods because they frequently answer prayers. This is problematic because they are all either insane or assholes. It is a barely post-magicpocalype/god war world that is barely hanging on though.

I'm a long time GM, so I never gotten the chance to play a character interacting with a god. Interestingly enough, none of my players ever play a religious type, or think about praying to the god, so as the GM, I never get to set up interactions between my players and the gods.

I play Exalted, so my usual interactions with Gods are kicking the shit out of them for being assholes.

I love that for some reason

They probably don't exist.

The God is silent most of the time, but demons and angels frequently pop in to the world to subtly guide and assist various heroes and villains. Occasionally these angels and demons get into direct combat, but most of the time its a fight over souls since the angels and demons can't be permanently killed nor banished, only wounded.

>She has no ass
I'm not even an assman but
>She absolutely has no ass

that's because that picture is just of her front.

I too like eating pussy

There are some of her back, and she suffers from pancake ass.

Because that's a Japanese woman in cosplay.

Players are really weird about that. I find that most players don't touch the gods simply because they usually flip to old testament, and assume that they're not gonna get shit when they pray.

Sauce? Search gibs me nuttin

Just google "nonsummerjack egypt".

I need more Egyptian goddess character art, coincidentally.

Anyone got more?

Main problem with the setting is gods are getting too easy to interact with. Magical sciences are bringing people too close to their level, which admittedly isn't as high as gods usually are, and too many gods from within the universe and outside it are trying to interfere with civilization towards their own ends. The players think they're trying to stop a radical group of mystics and cyborgs from bringing one monstrous god into their local area, when in fact this is just an accidental outcome in the processes used in radicals' actual goals of engineering new, legitimate gods from the people and animals of their world, which the radicals' leader believes are needed if life on their world is going to continue with the increasing interference from more divine and cosmic forces.

Would a paladin fall if they lusted their goddess?

Depends on the god / goddess.

This particular example doesn't look especially austere.

No matter what the paladin always falls if you wnat to do something that is fun.

>paladin falls (hurr) in love with his patron deity
>the deity takes the form of wooden cogwheels and gears in an infinitely complicated machine tree.
>it has no idea what to with paladin-kun wanting it
>manages to blush somehow

My gods used to be available 24/7, and kingdoms and empires were built on the ability to pray and actually get an answer. Sure, it was usually through an angelic intermediary, but still, you prayed, you got an answer of some kind. For the common folk, it was in their dreams. Clerics and high priests actually had conversations with angels and even low-tier deities.

Then, for no explained (as yet) reason, most of them just went quiet. Good gods, evil gods, something like 90% of them just stopped responding, No dreams, no angels, no conversations, nothing. The ones who still answer are extremely vague, and refuse to answer questions about the other gods and their silence.

One day, they just shut up. People lost their shit immediately. Civil wars, strife, conflict, rioting, turning to demons for their religious needs. Even worse is the elves and dwarves. This shit went down about 500 years ago, so there are elves alive today who still remember the old times, and are a little crazy because of it.

The gods are still there, though. Clerics still get their spells, paladins still get their powers, etc. They're just silent.

Is celibacy a common paladin oath?

More often chastity. Which is why the paladin has to marry her first.

The gods are dead.

Not in an "enlightened way" its more of, holy shit we made it into space and there are god corpses everywhere, what the fuck happened?" sort of way.

nonsummerjack anubis

Has anyone started mining the god corpses for arcane resources yet?

It's exceedingly rare for gods to interact with the world, with only a few dubious incidents of such documented historically for the most part. However, one faction claims that their god gives them his blessing in the form of their unique blood magics - others believe that their gods bless them by providing them with food enough to last through winter. The goddess of love is said to commune directly with her favoured warriors in her sunken kingdom, though many believe that's just an excuse for their mad zeal.

Depends who or where you ask, really. It's all open to interpretation. Nobody fucking knows which faiths are real or not, though it doesn't stop them from ceaselessly warring over it.

Yes, there is a whole clade of beings called the Godeaters who live on and off of the god corpses, eating the flesh, rendering the blood into powerful narcotics, and shaping bone into weapons.

Some guard the corpses jealously, others make a fortune on narcotics.

This. You can't always expect so much from them. Tits aren't out of this world, either. She just knows how to pose.

She has an overall slim figure, but it is pleasing, and an angular face that suits her body type.
This is really one of her better sets, tho.
That other bitch, she is thiccness embodied, lemme see if I find a picture.

Here we go.
I heard someone ordered theirs EXTRA THICC MUAHAHA

Every time you fetish post a 2hu dies.

2hus are worthless, fetish posting is the right choice.

Do you truly believe that I, Aku, the source of all Evil, care for your... "2hu"?
EXTRA

THICC

Sweet jesus

Search for Saku on exhentai, user, and make sure you click the expunged galleries tag.

But that's dog.

It really depends on the deity.
90% of deities, especially ancient ones, tend to not answer prayers if not of their most holy priests and such, either because they are too busy, or they just think themselves above mortals, or think that they could use their time in a more productive way.
A few, that either are younger or just are more in contact with people, will try their best to answer as many prayers as possible.
Currently, I have a paladin in my party that was converted to the religion of a Goddess that is known with the nick of "The Mother of Titans" of family, strength, animals, and a few more things: with his prayers he usually manages to reach the Goddess' kids, that will gladly listen and help, and in some rare occasion the big gal herself, which is rather motherly and has been quite accepting and sweet towards him despite his demoniac origins. She's forgives his shortcomings when he tried his best, and she lets him know that she cares about him.
It's sort of cute.

Not him, but a dog is fine too.

None of the games I've been in have. Though one particular PC in the game I'm GMing will end up having an ancounter with something like a god.

I wonder how many takes that took.

>will end up having an ancounter with something like a god

I meant to end that with "when/if they die."

Eh, it's fairly simple, pose, insert cone, 5 snaps, call it.

My Forgotten Realms Paladin prays to Torm CONSTANTLY, and knows full well he'll never get an answer, even for somebody as devout as him, and he's made [peace with that. My Tarsh character literally has a demigoddess living her forehead, and her brother is a demon who lives on her lawn.

It's a complicated relationship.

Depends on the culture and nation, because having one universal faith for an entire setting is stupid as fuck.

The truth (which nobody actually knows for certain) is that everything in the world contains magical energy, and enough attention can awaken that energy into a spirit, and enough belief and veneration can turn a spirit into what most people would call a deity.

One culture gives everyone their own personal guardian spirit when they become an adult, which basically acts as their personal deity. They interact with their gods constantly and on a daily basis.

Other cultures might have one monotheistic deity that they believe in, and personal interaction basically never happens because a singular spirit just doesn't have time to interact personally with a million followers.

Then there's various animistic and/or polytheistic cultures where it ranges on somewhat of a continuum between the two.

Then there's the cultures that believe in divine rulers, whose council of advisers consists of the venerated spirits of all the past kings that haven't yet been forgotten.

>you will never see this woman getting held tightly by the hand.

you sick bastard, people like you should be put in a mental asylum.

What would an Anubutt empire look like?

The gods are only allowed to appear in mortal forms during the summer and winter solstice.

This wasn't always the case, but the goddess of love and the god of valor kept on going around and fucking mortals and as a result demigods were born. Demigods are by default cursed to meet a tragic fate, often turning evil or accidentally releasing ANCIENT EVILS upon the world. The goddesses of law got real salty about this, called a council of the gods, and made whats called "the code of solstice," which is what I explained before.

So whenever there's a solstice in game, you can bet your ass that the PCs are gonna run into some god disguised as a human. They're big holidays in the setting, and people always are on extra good behavior since they don't want to look like jackasses in front of who may or may not be a god/goddess. Lots of gift giving, too.

What was it? It's disappeared

It was a picture of a young lady supporting an ice cream cone between her breasts, she had a bikini on.
She was pretty

Having seen the pic I have trouble to see how it's against blue board rules. Puritans gonna puritan.

Now if only I could understand why OP pic doesn't get the same treatment.

She isn't a disgusting 3D piggu

My party's current main enemy is a goddess who wishes she was a mortal.

We're not sure about all the logistics, but as far as we know she's trying to channel magic through a bunch of individuals who she grants a buff/curse to. Her end goal is trying to turn herself mortal so she can be an average adventurer without having all the godliness in her back pocket.

Shit's strange. I don't get it myself, but I know that her casting that spell is probably bad news.

He doesn't interact with the gods because he, and his homeland as a whole, blame the gods for the 300-year-straight holy war that ravaged their lands.

Basically, imagine if the Crusades and those Jihads raised to counter them had been consistently ongoing, and it got SO BAD that some unrelated third group drove out both factions, stormed Jerusalem, and burned down every religious structure in the city out of sheer contrarian SPITE.

It's not so much "I'm atheist" as it is "the gods hate us and want us to suffer so they'll get nothing from me."

Houtengeki did a huge set of jackal and cat girls in ancient Egyptian cat girls.

Hey Reddit, could you keep your Drumpf stuff off my board?

Any you wonder why people dismiss your game as anime masturbatory garbage.

Everybody benefits from doing some squats once in a while.

$0.02 has been deposited in your account.

Even regardless of where I stand on the political spectrum, I think lewd should be apolitical.

Everybody faps. It's the one universal truth. Let it keep its sanctity.

>Everybody faps
I don't.

Well, not no more, at least.

... The point stands regardless.

No, the point does not stand

It hangs.

Sometimes it sways gently

But it never stands

N-never again...

;_;

Thats depressing senpai, sorry to hear it.

Wait does the board auto change senpai to senpai?

Why would it need to change senpai to senpai? They're already the same word.

F.a.m.
Wonder why, i never noticed this before.
Ohhhh well f.a.m. is easier to spell than senpai anyhow..ill start using that more
Does it change bro
Or bra
Or homie
Dude
Kiddo
Pal
Chum
Brother
Friend
Friendo

Senpai is the correct written version, it just sounds like sem-pai.

Here, some more Veeky Forums related houtengeki.

Type out f a m with out the spaces.....am I retarded or is this new?

Varies from god to god, but they can *technically* carry out meaningful discussions with hundreds or even thousands of mortals at once. Most choose not to, or only when it's important: the goddess of dawn and dusk requires her faithful to speak with her daily to receive their spells.

You are retarded and or new.

It's been there for years, shortly after Hiro took over the administration to be specific. "tb.h f.am" used to be a meme phrase so they added the filters to kill it. Then you had the clueless newfags crying over muh freedom of speech because they didn't know there used to be dozens of filters

There used to be one for "social justice warrior" into "spooky scary skeleton" but it was removed

Well im usually on /k/ and never typed f.a.m. out on there but not that new like 4.5 years so
Odd im just noticing it

One of my characters is a god. To her dismay. Really didn't want to be that center stage either, but it's what you do when the other god in the area wants you for horrible mad science.

Most of my other characters haven't really gotten to meet the gods, but the gods and goddesses of Champions are generally pretty quiet.

>There used to be one for "social justice warrior" into "spooky scary skeleton" but it was removed
Goddammit I miss that one. We should have one that expands SJW into "spooky scary skeleton" now too.

And of course it's always easy to tell a newfag when they drop a link to baka.com.au instead of filter avoiding.

I have a character whose entire character arc is her being butthurt over Boccob neglecting her parents in a time of need despite their faithful service, and going on a vengeful rampage to destroy/dispose of him.

Meanwhile, I have another whose entire character arc had her stalwart faith in Hieroneous rewarded with her own ascension to godhood when she defeated Hextor in his name.

Interaction with the Gods is an interesting thing to do, even if you go full retard with it.

now why would australians host a site for japanese idiots

That's pretty cool