Someone who has fallen into Chaos can be recovered or is it permanent?

Someone who has fallen into Chaos can be recovered or is it permanent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tiy-_8D-b_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It may technically kinda-sorta maybe be possible, but odds are low enough and the Imperium dogmatic enough that you're never going to see that shit in practice.

One guy in AoS who was extremely hammered.

So it's technically possible?

Once a chaos gods has gotten its claws into your soul, it'd pretty much take direct intervention from another god to have a chance to pry you loose.

I think back when the Space Marine video game was conceived as a three game project Titus was going to fall to Chaos and then recover, so I guess the logic is "maybe depending on how long it's been"

Maybe the emperor?

Its like meth

But with no downsides

Rejecting Chaos and clawing away the corruption that's built up and festered on your body and soul? Almost impossible. But it's a big galaxy.

Being accepted by the Imperium again however, even slightly? Almost impossible. But it's a big galaxy.

Basically, if you were thinking of having a whole Chapter do it, I'd say no. It's not a "you can't do that in my FLGS REEEEEEEEE" but more "It's not something I'd mistake as canon but whatever let's play" sort of thing.
On the other hand, some figure of note in the Sector, who prays before the Emperor's shrine with a fervour unseen even in the Ecclesiarchy and hides his form in robes and bandages to hide his brands, yet will still relate the Eldritch truths and daemon names he knows to those he can trust.. yeah that sounds pretty dope.

Also as other Anons have said you pretty much need outside intervention.

Fell to chaos as in started worshiping it? Yes, you can an come back from that. At least a couple of deathwatch's blackshields are this, I imagine.

Fell to chaos as in accepted possession or were mutated by the Warp? No, you're damned forever. Sorry.

When you get mutated you instantly lose your soul?

Not quite, but good luck getting the Daemons of the Warp out of your skin, for one. Not even a pumice stone will do it.

So suppose someone were mutated, then that person had a vision of the Emperor and regretted it, would him be able with sufficiently will oppose their influence? Could someone act against the chaos while mutated?

>recovered
Not really. Usually best you can hope for is redemption or penance, a "die with honor" sort of thing. Off the top of my head, I know at least one example. An Ultramarine became a full blown champion of Nurgle but was given the chance for redemption by calling down Exterminatus on the daemon prince he served.

Except all the other methheads that wanna kill you so they can sup on your rich blood to gain your meth-powers

Chaos will not let you go so easily.
youtube.com/watch?v=tiy-_8D-b_c

The only time I recall it happening, is when that Thousand Son sorceror was navigating a ship, looked at the astronomicon and had a change of heart; and then guided his ship full of chaos reinforcements into a warp storm.

I think, the main problem is, that the ones, that would change if they could, are those that have drifted into chaos without realising it and they just would realize their situation, if its too late.

I think the main character from the Fire Warrior game started yelling Blood for the Blood god and fought a greater Daemon of change and ended up fine later after he calmed down.

To make an analogy OP.
can you take a real bad deep end crackhead or meth addict and make em quit? Sure, its definetly possible. Not likely, odds are that they will fight you every step of the way, but sure. can be done.

But can you reverse the toll those years have taken on their body? On their mind?

Nope

And just like meth, it feels so good!

If you cut off you arm can it be recovered or is it permanent?
Same with chaos once you fall it's pretty much permanent

Only in death.

For example the Soul drinkers accidentallied their way into chaos thinking they were serving the emperor, realized their bungle and there was no way back so they sort of hung around doing what they could until they posthumously gained a manner of redemption (couple of them got their names on the wall of heroes or whatever it's called on the Phalanx.)

40k: impossible

30k: traitors who didn't really take the chaos pill have turned on their fellow traitors and rejoined loyalists

Fantasy: yes but usually requires intervention by a god.

>If you cut off you arm can it be recovered or is it permanent?

It depends on how long it's been severed.

Exceptional individuals can try to get out from under the influence of the powers of chaos, or specific gods, etc. Doesn't happen much, not permanent, you can always fall again. Also depends on what you consider using sorcery/psychic stuff. Getting back into the light of the emperor is probably even harder. Might have to wait and see what happens when Cypher gets into the throne room for that.

The Daemon World novel had an ancient former champion of chaos gods who was still very powerful, but old and busted, trying to unfuck things that were mostly his fault/when he was young, worshipped the gods and fucked up a lot of things.

I thought he crashed it into the planet.

Cypher

There's a huge difference between a renegade and a heretic though. There's no evidence that he ever worshiped Chaos. At the most he just acts against the interest of the Imperium.

There is that fluff that states a renegade will always fall to chaos. It may not be quick but it is inevitable.