Why did WotC wait until now to have a proper marketing budget and invest in ads?

Why did WotC wait until now to have a proper marketing budget and invest in ads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlLe7aBkJxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

$$$$$

Because we used to do that work for them, but now they kicked out the enfranchised players and need to spend money on marketing.
One more proof that the game is crumbling.

Because they want the normies now because nerd money only goes so far.

what are you talking about? They had tv ads long time ago

How's the pandering in this set?

Lots of dindus and STRANG WYMYN

The main planar native character is a STRANG BLACK WYMYN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN and her card art literally looks like a fucking gorilla

These: , , are oversimplifications.

A: D&D always advertised.
B: D&D is produces larger profits today than it ever has at any point before.

What D&D has lost is market share. "Dungeons and Dragons" used to be synonymous with "role playing game." It is not, any more. That's good, because it's the result of there being way more customers. That's bad, because it's the result of fewer of those new customers going to D&D.

In 1994, there weren't RPG players who didn't own D&D. There are, now. D&D would like to go back.

Salty lol increased marketing budget has nothing to do with you being butthurt over something in the game

Just going down the checklist there?

>tfw you've been playing since 1990 and you've never once purchased anything D&D related.

Almost feels as good as keeping Paizo out of my pockets.

I think that at-least half your statement is a flat-out lie.

Either you haven't been playing that long, you've bought plenty of D&D, or you're fibbing via omission like "well my mommy bought it not me, so that doesn't count."

He's probably a player, not a GM.

You don't play for 27 years and be a player the whole time. That's just not a thing.

If dude was playing when Council of Wyrms, Planescape, Dark Sun and Spelljammer all came out? Mofugga bought one of them. That's just a fact.

What about trannies?

dude all the game requires is a piece of paper, a pencil, and (in 1990) a photocopier. It's not that hard

I remember ads in issues of Nintendo Power years back

because wizards is retardedly run company

youtube.com/watch?v=JlLe7aBkJxw

Why, when advertising and visual marketing are at at their peak now, is the art design and general aesthetic of the game at an all time low? Kaladesh and amonkhet has had some of the shittiest art I have seen in a long time, tons of ps2-tier cg garbage. Hell, look at the picture in the op, wtf with that set name design? Compare it to something like this. Not saying alara had the best art direction, but it was better than the shit they are shoveling out today. Not that every current artist is trash, I especially like nils hab and seb mckinnon, but they are the exception. It just makes me sad that the defining visual feature of the card game, the art, has taken such a nose dive in quality.

Because money and art are enemies.

i like how she still has white in her color identity. and the white ability literally makes other things work

That shit's just as bad, don't kid yourself.
Photoshop "Online" underneath the Alara logo and it looks like a generic f2p mmorpg.

Alara block's older than that shit though

Isn't that still better than "random font with a couple effects"