Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1490: The Krogan Deserved It Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qJOruF7XsCY?t=104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah they did, the Salarians did nothing wrong.

No different from an abortion.

Jump 43: Superman - The Animated Series
Origin: Drop-In
Identity: Hero
Perks:
Life of Bibbo
You're Much Stronger Than You Think You Are [1500]
Anti-Life Immunity [1200]
Kindly Couple [100]
Agape [900]
Last Hope [700]
Kindly Couple [300]
Desperate Scientists [100]
Underestimated [0]

Super Powers: [+400 For Hero Powers]
Sane Science [500]

Items:
Radiation Proof Suit

Drawbacks:
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Nemesis [1200]
I Forgot [1400]
The Main Man [1700]

Parallel time. Parallel Worlds. Of course, time and displacement between infinite possibilities would intersect more than I would ever imagine. I appeared in Metropolis. I immediately had no shortage of supervillains to defeat, along with an amazingly belligerent Lobo to contend with. Naturally, Hyde was part of this equation, too. No rest for the weary. No rest for the Destroyer.

Then, I heard some news. Of Gotham City's bat-clad hero…and three other vigilantes seen with him. Robin. Sparrow. Bluebird. Familiar names. Names that would eventually become my own distant history. Or already are.

I don't know what time will do if we ever interact - I certainly don't remember anything like it, and I don't what to know what will happen if I do. But this is one half of Hyde's original world, too. That's why I had to track him down. To stop him.

I never did learn of what turned Matthew into Smile. What horrifying revelation broke him into an inhuman monster. And I learned it too little, too late. Hyde hunted down Matthew, his past self. Broke and shaped him into what he was, despite my efforts to try and stop things from the shadows. Because if I broke the loop, what would happen? The paradox of this 'dual-jump', an unforeseen consequence of my chain, is what created my greatest enemy.

Was this the world fighting back, or was this just cruel predestination? I don't know. I don't know enough about time to unravel its mysteries. I almost wish I took the Eye with me on the way out of the last world.

Finally got around to reading the 39 page Tomb Kings jump. Some issues I found.
>Origins
So the Prince and Priest Backgrounds are 100 CP, and the Golem also. The Priest comes with the extra Magic, and the Golem with the Body Budget, but not seeing the Prince. The ones that are free should say free or 0 CP.

>Undead Traits- Free and Mandatory For All
This invalidates the point of Drop Ins, and should not be mandatory if they want to arrive as whatever they were last jump.

>Scarab King-300
Has a lot of thematic crossover with
>Tomb Swarm
In the Golem Items Section and
>Tomb Swarms
In the Tomb section. I would make the Tomb Swarm discounted to Scarab Kings, or free for a Scarab King who is also a Golem, and give Scarab Kings with a Tomb the Tomb Swarms upgrade for free.

>Golem
Has some issues, like only having half the Perks of other Origins, and the perks are more about the body than about you, The Origin mentions being a Famous Warrior, but the perks are bland and could apply to anyone with a golem body. This needs to be a Bonus Origin, where paying an extra 100 CP makes you a Golem (Prince/Priest/Herald/Necrotect) with the Golem stuff and discounts added on.

>Conduit- 600
>As a conduit, you will not benefit yourself, but you will greatly empower the magics of all friendly magic users within a good distance around your own body.
This feels wrong. If the power flows through him into the surroundings, the golem IS in the area of effect. If it can cast magic, the magic should be enhanced as well as anyone elses.

>Golem Form
So, no human sized Golems are offered, all are huge. Is there a human skeleton in there the golem is built around them necessitates it being so big?

>Tomb
>Make It Bigger- 200/400/600
>Extra Rooms- 50
This seems wrong here. The reason I would want a bigger Tomb is to put more stuff inside, but Make it bigger still has the same 6 rooms. A city sized Pyramid should have a cities worth of rooms inside, not six. The problem is charging for space inside at 50 CP per 12 rooms instead of empty space being free (up to an ammount based on the size of the pyramid)

>Tomb Kingdom- 500
Also makes no sense if you only have 6 rooms in the pyramid. That many warriors would take a lot of room.

>Alternative Materials-100/200/300
The first two levels are too expensive; the strongest stone would pale compared to a metal or alloy, and the strongest mundane real world material next to super science comic book or fantastic building material bullshit. How about 50/100/300? It also needs a +50 at the end for the additional building materials (But I would only charge that for more 3rd level options, not real world stuff.)

>Alternative Structure- 100
Do you need this for Step Pyramids or Ziggurats, or do those fall under the pyramid (free) or Personalized Tomb options?

>Brittle Old Bones- +100
A hearty slap breaking your bones is not a +100 CP drawback, You would break bones walking. The needs to be rewritten to be more sensible or give more points.

>Like Sand in the Wind- +200
>Your achievements, no matter how
great, will return to nothing within a year at most. You might struggle and slaughter your way to the top, but you will be cast down before the year is out. Never will you leave a legacy, never will you found an empire and never will you succeed for too long.
This is not actually a drawback, this is just "You automatically loose by fiat"
An better worded drawback based on this would be "An Ill Wind follows you, seeking to bury your works beneath the sands, and scour blank your monuments. All your long term endeavors will need your constant vigilance if they are to last, never letting your attentions lapse or your labors waver, lest your legacy be undone by chance and circumstance where your gaze cannot see.

>Tomb Raided- +200
>Seems you’ll be spending your time tracking down everything that got taken, else leave it behind forever once your time here ends.
> leave it behind forever once your time here ends.
This is beyond the scope of a drawback. That have to go sway when you leave the jump. Permanent loss of things from outside jumps is not within the power if a jumpmaker acting in good faith to inflict with a drawback, taking away another jumps CP protected items.

>This feels wrong. If the power flows through him into the surroundings, the golem IS in the area of effect. If it can cast magic, the magic should be enhanced as well as anyone elses.
Nah, it's not a field that happens to have them at the center, it's radiating outward from them. There's a directionality involved, the very center is untouched.

>Soul Buddies
>They need not actively channel power into you, only be present within around 20 metres of your position at all times.
20 Meters seems really small, is the range really that small in the wargame? I would think the empowerment range of a priest would be a Battlefield, and that sounds to small for a battlefield.
> If you spend more than a single second away from that distance from any particular Liche Priest, your soul and body will separate, resulting in a final death for you, even if you would normally be capable of surviving such a thing.
Remove the 'final' there, just making it result in a death; For example, One Ups should still save you if you go out of range (if you have any), until you run out of them. Perks are allowed to mitigate Disadvantages, just not bypass them entirely.

>Soul Mate
This is kind of a horrible scenario all the way around. Because not only are you narrating the jumpers situation, you are also narrating the jumpers path through that situation, and the acceptable solutions to that situation. Like killing the one who will do the Evil Stuff, and not killing the Good one is not even allowed. And you are inflicting fiat suffering past the duration of the Jump they are in. I mean
>This comes at the cost of the eternal, unending and unpreventable torment of the two souls you sacrificed, forever trapped within your soul and unable to find release.
Sounds like something a 13 year old goth girl would write, and disregards any and all Soul effecting perks jumper might have to manipulate their own soul, or guarantee the sanctity of it. Like some jumpers's soul is a actual place they can visit, perceive, and have absolute control over. It is just railroading of the most juvenile kind. You can do better then this.

>The Golden Empire
>Golems cannot take this Scenario
Why? I mean, everyone starts as a living human. If you can spontaneously turn into an undead, you can spontaneously die and have your spirit possess some statuary

Do you still chew gum, /jc/?

Jumpers! With all your incredible cosmic powers and fabulous good looks, how often do you give other people complete makeovers or at least improve someone's appearance a little?

Prince is paying for the status and authority, since they're teh 3rd highest rank of the entire race. I'm not holding your hand for every tiny little thing, I reckon people can probably understand that if it doesn't have a price, it's free.

>Invalidates for drop ins
Can't say I care. It's a tomb king jump,y uo're going to be a tomb king. If you like, swap to another alt form as soon as you get here.

>Crossover options
Not seeing how. One turns you into scarabs. Another gives you a swarm of assorted dead animals around your main body and another does it for your whole tomb. There will not be special discounts if you buy specific perks nor will there be any tomb upgrades given for free.

>Golem
Yes, that's why they only cost 100cp instead of more, since they get 400cp effective free elsewhere. Yes, the perks are about being a golem. Surprisingly, I know, but it is a Golem origin. No, there is already a much better way to reflect that.

It's not changing. He's the conduit but it flows out from him, he cannot use it.

Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this. The golems are golems, why would someone go to the trouble of making a golem that had no advantages over a normal skeleton?

>There's a directionality involved, the very center is untouched.
Shouldn't matter, if magic from the spirit realm is spewed into the area around you, even if it isn't directly where you are standing, it is in arms reach. Any half competent spell caster can channel something in arms reach.

Yep, nervous tick, gotta chew on stuff, as long as I can get nervous I'm gonna be getting something to chew on and gum is the best option.

>If you like, swap to another alt form as soon as you get here.
Don't personally have a problem with the way it's written now, but that isn't possible. You have a perk making you a skeleton, so all your alt forms are skeletons. You would have to use out of context magic to polymorph your body into something else.

>Permanent loss of things from outside jumps is not within the power if a jumpmaker acting in good faith to inflict with a drawback, taking away another jumps CP protected items.
Mother has precedence for it in a drawback that permanently kills one of your companions.

I do. Not to drastic degrees though. Mainly, it's just a quick tune up when they're not paying attention. Healthier bones, clear skin, reduced risk of cancer, a height adjustment towards the taller side, Shut up, it's my fetish, that sort of thing.

To actually answer your question, it was a straight up genocide. Whether that was right or wrong depends on if you're evil or not, because the Krogan did nothing wrong, so it was an unprovoked annihilation of their species, and no one who isn't evil would think that genocide is morally right.

No, because it's flowing away from you. The pressure of it spewing out keeps you from being able to get a hold of it, yourself.

>Bigger/Extra rooms
No, why would a big tomb have more rooms? It's not a city. It's a tomb. If you want more rooms, thus making it more unlike a tomb, you can pay for them. You can say that's your reason for wanting a bigger tomb but I can't see why what you want dictates what I was pricing it with.

>Tomb Kingdom
Yes, it's almost like options will add rooms to give space and the Extra Rooms option is only if you just want some empty free storage space.

No. I find it's just fine as is, particularly for how much you get even at a base level. I'm certainly not making it even cheaper or outright free for extra stuff.

You need it for those, yes.

It's quite easy to replace bones in a desert filled with billions of them. Most of the origins don't need to get into combat anyway. And don't be silly about breaking them by walking.

No, it's not you auto lose. You can still win, it's just those wins eventually don't matter. Your suggestion also wouldn't be 200 worthy given someone could quite easily focus on just one or two things and never feel it, whereas the current one makes them feel it no matter what.

>Beyond the scope
Your opinion it seems. Does dying due to a drawback go away at the end of a jump? You have between ten and 2500 years to find a limited number of items that all have trails left for you to follow.

Incredibly often. I've given pretty much every version of Hephaestus great looks because I felt bad for the guy, and I tend to make people as beautiful as they are on the inside with magic, because it not only helps good people, but it also amuses me and gives people incentive to behave and be nice.

No, because I'm new and can't do that yet. Maybe someday, though.

What are some good perks for doing that?

No, it's not. It's a 300cp drawback so it is made more intense, as otherwise it'd be 200. It is final death. That's part of why it's such a highly priced drawback.

>Soul mate narrating their path through the situation
There's a path other then "You look for these dudes to get your shit back and eventually find them"?

>acceptable solutions
It's a binary choice. I've since said to questions that you can indeed choose neither, and nothing in the scenario says otherwise, but you do need to get your soul back yourself. You can kill just one but it won't satisfy the being who took your shit.

>Inflicting fiat suffering past the jump
Oh my god you are insufferable.

>The entire next paragraph
user, it's hard enough bothering with you when you seem to give everything as an order and expect your way is right every time. Why do you think I'd bother at all when you move onto insults?

>Golems can't take
Don't be stupid.

And the perk also says it becomes an alt form. Holy shit do you need me to hand feed you every bit? It doesn't say every alt form becomes that, so why would every alt form become that?

How do you think Scion would react if I used Origami World from Paper Mario to turn it all into 2d?

>Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this. The golems are golems, why would someone go to the trouble of making a golem that had no advantages over a normal skeleton?
Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this.

Val, I have read your entire jump, and you are kind of being an ass here.

Someone would go to the trouble of making a human sized skeleton so it would fit in human sized spaces and you could take in into enclosed spaces and use human sized weaponry. A human sized golem with enchanted bones (Warded Titan) that empowered nearby spellcasters (Conduit or Heirotitan) or whose gaze turned opponents to sand (Sepulchral Stalker) would have the advantages over a normal skeleton, in that it had enchanted bones and was more durable than a normal skeleton, or empowered nearby spellcasters, or had a gaze that turned opponents to sand.

>Can't say I care.
Val, that is just offensive. Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary.

You are aware there are people who randomly roll their jumps, so you are acting really sleazy here.

Undead Traits is listed in the Perks section and says it becomes an alt form after the jump. That means that, during the jump, I have a perk that says that I am a skeleton. Do perks go away when you change to an alt form? That is a house rule I've never heard of, and certainly isn't standard. Thus, changing to another alt form will not get rid of the perk and you will remain a skeleton. You would instead need Toggle to turn the perk off.

Like I said, I don't think there's a problem with doing it that way, but mechanically that must be the way it works barring house rules.

Kim Possible has shapeshifting nanobots.

You could probably figure out something with shaping magic from Geneforge.

Disney Princess magic.

Worm has a flesh/organic matter manipulation power.

Pretty much any jump with super tech like Marvel or Johnny Test.

And I think Star Trek, Mass Effect, and Futurama all some kind of genetic engineering or surgical technology that can improve someone's health and appearance.

There's also the Fountain of Youth from DC Occult that brings people to their physical prime and prevents them from aging.

>Val, that is just offensive. Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary. You are aware there are people who randomly roll their jumps, so you are acting really sleazy here.

Just speaking from an outside perspective, people who want to avoid certain choices, Jumps, settings, etc, shouldn't do random roll chains where that is exactly what happens.

So you mean almost all the examples you could think of can be done with the perks other origins can buy or are limited to the specific, large form of a giant snake being. Yeah, not seeing a reason and it's certainly matching nothing in canon.

>Offensive
Oh well. I'm not here to cater to playstyles that purposefully limit themselves or do things differently. If they always want to take that, fine, but it's not my job to make sure everyone gets everything equally. This is a Tomb Kings jump, you will be a Tomb King. Just like in Ogres, where you will be an Ogre. If you don't want to, don't do it.

>Sleazy
Haha.

A. never heard anything like that as the rule so that's just your handling of it. B. I've just told you it doesn't work that way.

If you don't want to be a spooky scary skeleton, don't take the jump about being a spooky scary skeleton. I don't see what the problem is, this jump clearly isn't for you, why are you complaining about it?

>Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary.
There are already several jumps that force you into non-human forms, even as Drop-Ins. It is the standard way to handle settings where the main characters are non-human.

It's a jump about being a skeleton. If you don't want to be a skeleton, don't take it.

How do I Queen Khalida? Seems like she'd be surprised if anyone else in Nehekara was as well-preserved as she is.

Deathmask option. Pretty sure she's just wearing a kinda fucked up mask and is just as rotten on the inside. If not, she won't tell the difference.

I mean like, 'well preserved' with her is pretty relative after all.

Oh. They said clothing does wonders, but I never figured it worked that well.

>And the perk also says it becomes an alt form
Val, One, that guy you are responding to here is not me.
Two, it says it becomes an altform after the jump, then means that during this jump it applies to every form you take. This is basic inferred logic here.
Three, you are still being an ass. Try to remain civil please.

I'm sorry if you are pissed because this stuff is being brought up now, but your jump is only three days old. And frankly, your jumps haven't been getting a lot of critique lately if you have not noticed. Now you may think it is because they are naturally perfect, but from here it seems they people aren't even bothering to look at them, because when they comment, you treat them like shit.

Have you tried NOT being a shit to people? Please?

>There are already several jumps that force you into non-human forms, even as Drop-Ins.

The difference is that those are typically alternate forms, implying that you can change them. In this jump, it's a mandatory perk that gives you undead traits, and it's not stated that it becomes an alternate form until the jump is over.

Not but thank you for the clarification.

It's a racial jump. You belong to that race during the jump. That's how we handle this in every other case. In Halo: Covenant you're a Covenant alien. In Vampire The Masquerade you are a vampire. In Exalted you are the Exalt type for that jump.

If it bothers you that much, take Toggle before doing this one.

>Just speaking from an outside perspective, people who want to avoid certain choices, Jumps, settings, etc, shouldn't do random roll chains where that is exactly what happens.
Only when the quality of the jump needs something to be desired. Mandatory race or gender changes for Drop Ins is very much NOT standard. Drop In used to mean you literally dropped in. Sometimes you were older or younger, but it was still you. This is all Val's jump trying to special and unique.

user, I think you're just being far too sensitive. I've responded as I always have, for years. If anything, I am far more polite then normal. Just because someone doesn't accept every suggestion you make or act very polite does not mean they're pissed off or treating you like shit.

Jumps rarely get much critique, particularly when older jump makers are making them. I've never said my stuff is perfect, though you do seem to like putting words in my mouth to justify your feelings, and I've always understood why and how meta stuff like reviews and feedback work.

The only reason it even has that note was because thought it didn't become an alt form afterwards and you just lost it. If you like, since at least 2 seem to have this misunderstanding, I can put in a note that it is an alt form overall and does not effect everything, but it will be remaining mandatory.

See

It's totally not though. It's just you being an asshole and bitching about something you made up.

I feel like this shitty little user giving Val crap is an SBer. They certainly type like someone from Spacebattles.

>Tomb Kings jump
>Bitching about having to be a Tomb King

People don't bitch about being a Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or a Dog in Nintendogs, it's literally the same.

>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Not to nit pick, but that jump has an option to say human.

Has anyone claimed any of the other Tales games, like Berseria?

Would having a tomb the same size or larger then Setra piss him off enough to try to kill you or subjugate you?

He seems like the kind of guy that would take any perceived overshadowing of himself as a direct challenge to his rule.

People totally bitched about being a Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

In fact, I believe Manyfist was the one to ask QS to put the human option in.

Depends on whether you're right next to his tomb or not. He'd probably just try to destroy the tomb too, like he did with Nagash, and only do anything with you if you appeared in front of him and made it known that was your tomb. Otherwise he's probably got better things to do.

>entire series is based off of being a Pokemon
>people bitched about having to be a Pokemon
Why.

If i remember right, people were complaining that there wasn't an option to stay human without a shitty drawback in the transformers jump and the maker brought up how PMD didn't have one as an excuse i think.
Then QS said he could add one, then did so. Don't remember what happened after that though.

>A. never heard anything like that as the rule so that's just your handling of it. B. I've just told you it doesn't work that way.
Val, we Don't have 'Racial Perks' and 'Non Racial Perks', we just have Perks, and they have worked the same way since the beginning. They are assumed to be always in effect unless they say different in the text themselves.

This is why some perks that give you always on physical changes are considered 'traps' and why perks like 'Toggle' in the Young Justice jump even exist.

B. Does not help, at all. You cannot make a jump with your unstated assumptions unwritten and implied. The jump has to be usable by most people, and most people are not you. The things you are taking for granted are not written in what little jumpchain rules we have, so they need to stated in your jump. Saying something here is not that helpful, because right now your jump contradicts similar examples in previous jumps.

People badgered Yorokonde about putting in a Human option for Zootopia too. Some people just can't handle a little restriction based on common sense.

Don't challenge a human's ability to complain about something. There is always something someone can criticize.

>In fact, I believe Manyfist was the one to ask QS to put the human option in.
You don't make a good case for not being a shitposter. Literally nitpicking though, since you're by default a pokemon in that jump, and have to go out of your way, and disadvantage yourself on top of that, to be a human.

More over, you can still be a human anyway, you don't fucking lose access to your other Altforms. You're just being a fucking bitch and complaining about something without concern for if it matters or makes any sense.

I'm still just seeing you complaining that the jump doesn't work by the way you see perks as operating as and continuing to complain when I've both explained how it works and even offered to add a note to clarify how it works.

Feels a bit like bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.

Most people have the brain cells to make the logical conclusions instead of needing to have everything spelled out for them. You, clearly, do not. Stop pestering. She's putting in a note.

>feels a bit like bitching for the sake of bitching at this point
How's that old saying go? "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." or something along those lines?

>we Don't have 'Racial Perks' and 'Non Racial Perks',
Yes we do. Several jumps offer perks that only apply in a specific particular alt form, like Pacific Rim or Kingdom Hearts.

Jump # 91 Pacific Rim
Background: Experimental Kaiju/human Hybrid (600)
Perks:
*Kaiju Behavior Studies (0)
Kaiju Adaptations
*Might (0)
*Speed (0)
*Toughness (0)
*Sonic Wave (0)
*Invisibility (0)
*Carapace (0)
*Iron Skin (200)
*Atomic breath (200)
Equipment:
Companions:
*An Extra Pair of Hands (500)
Drawbacks
*Top of the Wall (+300)
*Chasing the R.A.B.B.I.T. (+200)

This was a hard jump. I started out working on a wall, fighting off Kaiju with my companions. We knew the damn wall would fall eventually but no one seemed to want to listen to us. We did our best to hold it with powers from other worlds.

There were Kaiju who could eat Nukes for breakfast; thankfully we didn’t run in to any of those… until the last week. Damn it was ugly, It was huge, It shrugged up almost everything we threw at it without noticing it. I mean Akitsu nailed it with a sphere of ultimate destruction which disintegrated a small chunk of it, the damn thing barely noticed.

I used the spear of Destiny finally in the missing chunk to finally kill the damn thing. The wall though didn’t survive the attack, thankfully we did.

Then we joined a program to help fight the Kaiju on equal terms. It was a hybriding program… It succeeded beyond their expectations and soon we were ready for field testing, though along with gaining the ability to take kaiju form we also seemed to gain the distrust of the researchers.

We battled Kaiju alongside the Jaegers, who at first were very suspicious of us but we quickly proved valuable. Then came time to close the breach, they realized the Kaiju were bioweapons and the rift was stabilizing meaning more Kaiju.

I had my doubts about the plan. Honestly I thought it was very risky; I had something that could solve the problem permanently but was very hesitant to use it.

(to be continued)

Hoping for some other option I asked rick to rig up something to close portals like the breach, he bitched a little but gave in and made it. I guess he was concerned about me.

We traveled down with the bomb and the remaining Jaegers to try and destroy the breach.

So we fought and they tried to overwhelm us. I didn’t think the bomb was going to be enough to close the breach. I realized that even if we succeeded there was a good chance they could open another breach. Reluctantly I dropped my Kaiju form. My power over water protected me thankfully from the pressure.

I put on special gear I needed for it and drew a nameless sword. The most powerful creation I had ever made. This was it, I was likely about to end the alien threat forever and destroy their planet, likely killing a lot of innocents too..

… I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I don’t kill, not if there is any way I can avoid it.

I used Rick’s Device instead, the Breach closed up. There was no guarantee that they wouldn’t just open another but we could close it just as easily… hopefully

My companions managed to clean up the rest of the Kaiju, the Jaegers were mostly wrecked and we had to rescue the pilots.

In the end I am relieved I didn’t do it. Maybe I should be a bit horrified I considered it in the first place.
However I still am not sure that I chose right. I fear that I will not know for the time I am here. A new breach could open any day with hordes of Kaiju spilling out.

I'm pretty sure the aliens will be a little more concerned with the fact that you closed the breach. The fact that humans (because they won't know about your otherworldly origin) can do that now will probably have them thinking twice about attacking again.

>looking at the final mission of CoD IW
>Reyes goes full SACRIFICE EVERYONE FOR THE MISSION
>has literally all of his crew get guns and go on the suicide mission, even the logistics guys
>orders out-of-ammo aircraft to kamikaze the enemy AA
>lets go of whatsherface when the bot grabs her
>uses Ethan as a bomb to take out the shipyard reactor
>orders the captured warship to fire on his position in the shipyard bridge
>mfw having both capstone modifiers basically make you final mission Reyes

That's bloody brilliant. I don't think I've seen a jump where the personality influence and powers from perks is based on the MC's character development (however stunted it is for being a CoD protag) rather than their abilities or powers.

> You don't make a good case for not being a shitposter.
I'm sorry my memory triggers you, user. Because that's literally how I remember it.

Something about QS saying he'd add it in if Manyfist added it to the Transformer's jump as well, and now both jumps have the option to be a human.

If you think I'm wrong you can go dig up the conversation and correct me about something that doesn't even fucking matter.

>This is a Tomb Kings jump, you will be a Tomb King.
>If you don't want to be a spooky scary skeleton, don't take the jump about being a spooky scary skeleton
That is not what JumpChain is about, at all. It is about going to unique, compelling settings. The very first jump is pokemon. You are not forced to be a trainer. You are given a Starter, but can just travel the world, or learn accounting in some city if you want.

You are saying that in this Desert of Death there is no nothing of worth in the setting but the Tomb Kings?

>Dog in Nintendogs
Not actually mandatory, you can be the one taking care of the Dogs.
Another poster already mentioned you can remain human on PMD

>In Exalted you are the Exalt type for that jump.
No, the Exaltations are not mandatory.

In the better written jumps, these things can be free, but that does NOT mean you have to take them.

>Settra looked upon the ruins of the great city he rules over. Examining the many tombs that were created after his death.

>The two most prominent ones being the massive 2 Kilometer pyramids that dare to overshadow his glorious tomb.

>The first one belonging to that despoiler Nagash whose heresy against the gods and his kingdom shall soon be his undoing.

>The second one is even odder. When he questioned his subjects about almost all of them were as baffled by it as he was. It was only the youngest undead that had a clue to whose tomb it was. They claim that the tomb belonged to Alcadizaar's predecessor, a mysterious ruler whose rule seemed almost phantasmal for their nonexistent presence in the kingdom's life. The creation of the monument was the oddest part. The ruler did not form an army of slaves and nearly bankrupt the kingdom to create this monument but rather one day this monument began to mysteriously form one day, almost as if the world was knitting it together, willing it into creation.

Theoretically, you could take the heroic mortal Drawbacks in Dragon-Blooded or Infernals and keep them in future jumps, but I don't remember an option for that in Sidereals.

You also completely ignored the other examples of jumps that did force you into taking something.

Okay. You need to stop posting.

Heh. Not too shabby user.

He's not going to, user. He's convinced himself that he's in the right, so the best thing to do is just ignore him.

What jumps can I go to to pick up a dragon loli

I highly doubt that.
They would probably be more interested in harvesting humanity now to find out how they got that tech.
Also remember in the normal timeline, Gipsy's self destruct probably destroyed the tech used to make the portal. Even with them having to rebuild it, they still come back.

Where is that from anyway?

Your probably right. I think it would at least delay any attacks until they knew what happened. However it's tough to say they wouldn't attack again because we don't know their motives so it's hard to say what they would do.

>Pacific Rim 2
Huh. That's a thing.

I think one of the Fire Emblems.

>the Krogan did nothing wrong
>Got bored when they were done genociding the Rachni so they started conquering and eradicating their allies.
>nothing wrong

>we don't know their motives

That was kinda explained in the movie. They want earth. The Kaiju are pest control. We are the pests.

youtu.be/qJOruF7XsCY?t=104

>Earth is ready for them because of how polluted it is
So if we fix the environment, the aliens will fuck off?

I hate to do this, but...
Exalted Mortal Hero Gauntlet.
How survivable is "The Mortal from Hell" Drawback? I have no idea what a Jette is, but he's got a berserker sword and some pretty good armor.
Is it reasonable for me to just kill the Sidereal from "Fuck me, Sidereal!"? Alternatively, is having a loving, stable relationship with her an option?
How much more dangerous is a Dragonblooded relative to peak human? I can't find any feats or anything,
And a follow up to that, Would "A Dragon's World" Counter "From Another Time and Land; Luna What Did You Do!?"? Can the world cope?
Also, how much of Creation is Wilderness?

>muppet treasure island jump
>like half the perk descriptions are from the songs
10/10 would sail for adventure on big blue wet thing with again

Didn't check what recruitment options are available, but there's Nowi from Awakening and Fae from Elibe.

This is Veeky Forums, and one of our oldest uniting elements is the hatred of furries.

Huh, I never saw the movie, I didn't know (it wasn't in the summery I read) honestly since they go from planet to planet, yeah maybe humanities sudden technological leap would be a strong enough deterrent that they wouldn't want to mess with us. It's most likely they pick planets they don't think will be that much of a challenge.

This guy sounds like he has brain problems.

That Jump doesn't get enough credit. It's great stuff.

And yet Pokemon are always on the table.

Surprisingly, most of the good settings with loli dragons are not jumps yet. This place is not weeb enough.

Isn't there a mention in the story/lore that they could've created a version that tweaked the fertility rates but a straight up "screw you" version was chosen because it was quicker and easier?

>Settra's attempts to destroy these eyesores to his rule had bitterly failed. Nagash's warpstone proved to be too durable to destroy and too dangerous to approach. And whatever the other tomb was made out of, a material that both he and all of his Necrotects had never seen before, seemed to be just as if not more durable. And annoyingly it seemed that this ruler had a love for sphinxes and barred every gate and door of their tomb with one. When the sphinxes aren't making jokes their coming up with extraordinarily difficult riddles that non of his, so called educated, priests could solve.

>Fool, as if a true king has time for games and riddles.

>As night approached Settra could see that whoever this ruler was they were either magician or had some surprisingly talented wizards in their court.

>Over the Mystery rulers tomb were beautifully inscribed glowing runes forming pictures and carvings which greatly enhanced the beauty of the Tomb. While these runes are only visible at night, Settra grudgingly admitted that whoever created this tomb certainly had artistic style.

>On the other hand, Emblazed in glowing runes of the same type all over Nagash's pyramid were profanities, insults and jokes about Nagash "Compensating for something". Clearly this mystery ruler had some sort of grudge.

>Still when Settra finally captures this fool that though that they were better then him he will ask, before this arrogant king is executed for his impudence, who designed his runes. Skill like that should be rewarded and someone of that level should be at a true kings side.

They are returning after we beat them with the Jaegers which was a technological leap itself.
Really, having technology on par with them just means "well now we can pillage resources AND tech."

Possible, except they might still be a little upset over loosing some of their Kaiju toys to us.

You know how "you are like monkeys to us" alien rulers get.
If you show that they can't have the planet, they'll just blow it up in 5 minutes.

The ultimate question /jc/; World President or World Dictator?

Who wants to rule the world? It's mostly paperwork.

God in Heaven, I thought Del Toro couldn't make the sequel happen.
58% of my hope and faith in humanity has been restored.

God Emperor.

... What? If I'm going to do it I'm going to go all the way.

But it gives you access to shittons of resources to build superweapons with, and also the power of sanctions and shit.

World "That guy that claims rulership over all and shows up to solve problems, but most of the time just stays in one corner of the world doing nothing"

>How survivable is "The Mortal from Hell" Drawback? I have no idea what a Jette is, but he's got a berserker sword and some pretty good armor.
A jette is a sword breaker that's really useful for defensive fighting, Guanlet has this odd context thing where he writes and just thinks 'every knows that'. His armor is pretty fucking good, and the sword would be a nightmare for anyone who didn't have casual access to a shield or some other means of defensive tool.
>Is it reasonable for me to just kill the Sidereal from "Fuck me, Sidereal!"? Alternatively, is having a loving, stable relationship with her an option?
The latter is totally a thing from what I remember of Gaunlet speaking about it to others. The former might be a bit dangerous considering Ketchup is/maybe (Can't remember here) her grandfather.
>How much more dangerous is a Dragonblooded relative to peak human? I can't find any feats or anything,
Peak humans get like... fifteen dice on any particualr action, half of which would be an rounde (Down because Exalted Hates Mortals) seven success, where a Dragonblooded can that plus about three to five automatic successes, i think.
>And a follow up to that, Would "A Dragon's World" Counter "From Another Time and Land; Luna What Did You Do!?"? Can the world cope?
Personally I think the world ends up balancing out but a new invasion force is always bad for Creation.
>Also, how much of Creation is Wilderness?
Gaunlet sets up eveything so you're intentially closer to Realm (Seat of the Dragonblooded Illuminate and Magical America) that the wilderness but Creation is Huge, basically the map has more land on it that the map of the actual Earth IRL.
Most that is taken up by the the North, East, and South directions. Map is for you.