/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy (Battle) General

Don't wait for the thread to archive before making a new one edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53200168/#53200370
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Age of Sigmar.

>Stormcucks / Samecast / Snorecast / Borecast / Lamecast
reminder

This is one of the stupidest fantasy pictures I have ever seen. It is basically a parody at this point.a

anyone having trouble with the MEGA link? Keeps looping the "accessing folder data" thing and slowing my browser to a crawl. Had no problems last week,

Anyone know of any cooperative games that would work with Warhammer models? Maybe a dungeon crawl or something?

Dungeon Saga probs.

It's pretty awful. I'd rather watch a Coca Cola ad than this.

I was having problems, then I tried opening it in an incognito window and it worked fine.

thanks brah, that worked

off topic posting is a rule violation

The topic is traditional games. AoS is a traditional game

This looks like it's from a phone game.

And it's got nothing to do with the topic of this general. Take your le ironic shitposting somewhere else.

the topic of this thread is warhammer fantasy battles

age of skubmar is not warhammer fantasy battles

You realize that by having made this a "Warhammer Fantasy Battles" general instead of the usual Warhammer Fantasy General, OP is just a shit-stirrer inviting End Times shitposting anyway, right?

interesting how a thread about wfb is just talking about sigmar. time to bury wfb entirely? the interest in it seems extinct.

we have minis to paint while you have nothing to do but shitpost

If I wrote headcanon about a Bretonnian colony off the coast of Lustria, would anyone want to read it?

19th for Age of Sigmar!

funny how you're shitposting rather than painting then. faggot.

superior game for superior minds. unlike these other faggots who are holding onto this corpse harder than kemmler after a night on the town.

in a 2000 point battle how are these people i'm watching using two lords? You're supposed to only get 1 lord at 2000 points, i thought?

Sure.

There's a lot of neat ideas to be explored when you consider how many Old World colonies there might be, both in Lustria and the Southlands.

Why?

Next OP I will add "no end-times" to the thread rules if it's going to cause this much autism. I never realized shitposters could be so legalistic.

why did gw never update beastmen/bretonnia/skaven army books?

>I never realized shitposters could be so legalistic.

Welcome to the internet. And yes, the distinctions are important. By calling it Warhammer Fantasy Battles and/or not excluding the End Times/Age of Sigmar setting, you cannot claim that the shitposters are breaking any rules, because, well, they're not.

Is there a list of official end times rules that override previous rules but not the optional shit like khaine magic and undead legions etc

Why do they think that adding the word "Battle" to the thread entitles them to discuss games that are not WFB? I can understand trying to weasle the end times shit into the thread since technically, that is part of Fantasy Battle, but AoS is a completely separate game and has its own general anyway.

If you see any attention-seeking retards trying to shitpost AoS in this thread, just report and then ignore them.

What the fuck are you talking about? That wasn't me. The topic rule doesn't go thread to thread, newfag, it's per board

Can we please get back to actually discussing the games listed in OP instead of arguing about which games NOT mentioned we should be forced to put up with people shitting up the thread with?

I've redone this homebrew where I changed the attacks system and dual-wielding system. What does everyone think?

This might sound like a total noob question regarding war gaming in general, but do people normally make up some kind of cheat-sheet to keep track of all of their units' stats? It seems like it would be a bit of a pain to have to reference a book or PDF and do the math every time you need to make a roll.

If the game is not mentioned in the opening post, then this is not the thread to discuss it in. Take your cancer somewhere else (as long as it's not the 40k general).

yes. theres a free app called battlescribe that lets you print army lists, you can make/print your own spreadsheets, or you can buy armybuilder and print from there

Just do it if you enjoy writing it

Approval from a bunch of anonymous posters is secondary

Nice. I didn't know Battlescribe let you print.

the armybooks had a page in the back where each of the unit's stats were detailed

you also could just make your own especific for your army

500 point of lord, actually.

This usually means 1 lord, but most armies can fiddle around to bring a level 4 spellcaster and a good-ish combat lord (expecially horde armies like Skaven or Bestmen).

It's mostly all the potential / conditional modifiers I'm worried about. That stuff is easy to keep track of in an RPG where you have a character sheet, but in a war game you have a bunch of different units and there's not a standard equivalent of a character sheet to keep track of them with.

Beastmen and bretonnia because they were honestly a mess, and needed a big overhaul (even if all that the beastmen needed was access to marks and a bit of discount on troops).

Skaven was probably scheduled late, since their 7th edition army book was published right before 8th edition hit the shelves.

was the 1 lord maximum a 7th edition thing? pic from my beastmen army book pdf

Releasing an updated army book right before the next edition comes out is a pretty dick move. Then again it's GeW we're talking about.

The problem that happens when people don't make a new thread before the old one falls off page 10 is that it means no-one can post a link to the new thread in the old one, which means that people who had the old thread in their favorites / bookmark won't have a link to the new thread in the archived old thread. If they go to look for the new thread manually, it might be an hour or two before anyone bothers making a new one because everyone expects someone to make the new thread without having to do it themselves.

I don't know the first thing about making post bots to get OPs queued up, other than that it would require a Veeky Forums pass to work. I think what we need is some community responsibility-- if you enjoy these generals and you're the first to notice that the current one is past the bump limit, has fallen past page 5, and no-one has made a new thread yet, rather than simply asking if someone is going to make a new thread just go ahead and post one. As long as you don't do something stupid like unilaterally fuck with the OP rules and/or mention ET or AoS nothing bad is going to happen.

*I should append that the one instance in which it's okay to mention End Times in the OP is to say "no End Times."

8e lasted for like 5 years though how did they not get around to updating 2 80 page army books

They're playing a bad edition.

It's a good thing they didn't.

>Skaven without Doomrocket

skaven were fine, beastboys and brets were not

I get what you're saying, but it's fine if things are languishing for a little while before a new thread is made. I remember there was a point where threads were so slow and even dying there was serious consideration of just making /wfb/ a weekend general. Compared to that, a few hours without isn't that bad.

But yes, people just making threads if they see there's no thread is a good idea. At worst you get another thread that causes confusion for a bit until one's decided to be the one people want to post in. But I don't feel like that actually needs to be said most of the time.

Might've been like the scenario that supposedly happened to squats - they didn't know what to do with them since they'd backed themselves into a creative corner. Only they didn't technically repeat the Squats mistake because they probably were planning on killing off the setting by that point, and it was more okay to drag those factions along til the end.

yes it was

why the hateboner for 8th?

Dude I am not the guy who posted about AoS. I am pointing out that you do not understand the rules of this website. Return to reddit.

dont forget to thin your paints

Please remember is that the best option is ignoring shit, not fanning it further.

If I can be a stupid faggot, I legitimately cannot understand how the Dark Elves are supposed to have even a somewhat cohesive kingdom, and armies that don't devolve into backstabbery in the middle of the campaign/battle. It's like everything they're known for is suddenly off the table when they're fighting, which really only makes sense in a 'work together to survive against overwhelming odds' scenario.

tfw watching jay's painting vids

They're just a bunch of (((evil fucks))) that like being around other (((evil fucks))) . It's not that unrealistic, there have been plenty of (((evil groups))) that manage to keep their shit together long enough to cooperate

Does anyone have that homebrew for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in Estalia?

Especially when they have a common target. Never forget, even the most uncivilized and savage groups can easily be made to co-operate if you give them something to kick the crap out of that they can all agree is acceptable.

I think wfb threads hit their all-time low sometime following GW's abandoning of the game, but they have been climbing back upwards since then. I remember back then I was trying to keep them going and kind of gave up on it, and then I came back a month or so ago and to my surprise these threads have been a pretty regular staple on Veeky Forums again, which filled me will all kinds of joy and motivation to do Warhammer stuff again. I think Total Warhammer was a huge shot of medicine in the arm for the community because it's got people talking an excited about Warhammer Fantasy again, which has spilled over into the table top games even though GW doesn't support them anymore.

I've been enjoying the old one so far.

You mean this one? It's actually newer, and unfinished.

In 8th edition there is no limit to the number you can have but you can only spend 25% of your points on Lords.

What caused all the autism in this thread? I see the first post was deleted.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53200168/#53200370

easy (You) fodder shitpost

Ugh, I expected more.

based mods acting on the reports

I don't think there were many revisions in the ET.

They mainly related to new 'formations' that combined factions.

For the most part people played one army and after a few games you would remember the rules of the top of your head.

Alternatively, yes some people would photocopy the references. I would sometimes do this for games I played irregularly.

i know one of them listed was that beastmen ambush no longer required an equivalent unit to be on the field already, was just wondering if there were more like that

All Elves have an intense racial superiority complex. If they are fighting any other race they will put all objections aside.

Ah right, I must admit that I have never read the ET and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

I believe Nagash allowed Tomb Kings to march. as well.

/wfg/! What is best in Warhammer Fantasy novels?

Watching Nagash get the dick salpped out of his mouth every 1000 years or so.

What's funny is he deserves the win, there is literally no reason he shouldn't have won any of the battles he fought, but he gets dicked over every time by some random mook popping out of the wilderness to fuck his shit for no other reason than Nagash needs a foil.

I wanted to share my dark elf progress. These threads have inspired me to finally finish painting my fantasy backlog. In the past month I have completed 4 regiments (still unbased though). These corsairs are my latest completed.

How do you guys handle banners? I suck at freehand, but seeing all the empty space just bothers me and I'm trying to find simple things to fill them with?

real nice looking

They only really get together in a big Campaign when Malekith is behind it, since he's the one unifying force in Naggaroth. Without him, the Great Houses would rip the land apart.

Well, time to watch conan again.

William Gibson's Gotrek & Felix novels

1. it's bad
2. it sucks
3. I don't like it

Is Vermintide just a complete rip off of left 4 dead?

Gotrek and Felix

Yes.

8th is kinda shit.

It would be a curious read

Sick banner!

>frostgrave barbarians
Nice choice there. They're great sculpts.

They truly are. I'm glad by LFGS stocks them.

Also how did my pic end up so blurry ?

nice

>melee combat focused
>some levels are downright pretty
>characters actually mean more than simple voice responses
>tankfights actually hard because it always comes with an entourage
>loot
>secret shit to be found on every level
>lore bits to be found on every level
>surprisingly good lobby system

I'd say "L4D inspired"
I played through all of L4D, L4D2, and know fairly little about WHF... yet I like it a tiny bit better than L4D overall.

I'm interested.

>How do you guys handle banners?
I would just basecoat the banner, lightly drybrush it until the desired texture, draw the banner itself with a "fine-tip pen" (or with the finest brush I could find) with the highlight colors prevalent in the army, and last unify it with a shade of choice

Those elves are looking great, especially so for Rank&File troops, keep it up user!

The heavy layering you've done on the banner is actually very impressive, much better than the classic coat/wash I see so often. Looks like a Blanche illustration, almost. If you don't want to freehand, you can always look into transfer decals. That said, keep experimenting with the background of the flag as it is now, I think you're on to something.

Whats the best book to start the Gotrek and Felix series off with? And which is their definative book?

Because endtimes is literally just a campaign supplement for 8th. Only triggered grongards on this Croatian rug trading forum are delusional enough to try to say it's a different setting/part of Age of sigmar

Looks good, I wouldn't say your freehand is that bad.

Yes, but it's better than L4D.